UBB.Dev
Posted By: AoxoMoxoA Flash Avatars.. - 06/01/2001 4:10 AM
i came across a board (dont remember if it was UBB or if it was that other new one) but i noticed an avatar under the user...

it was a flash movie..

any idea how this could be done? or has it already been done? ive searched high and low, since i found that board, for the hack, but alas... ive been unsuccessful.

i hope this isnt posted in the wrong forum.. after all, it is flash related smile
Posted By: knuffel Re: Flash Avatars.. - 06/01/2001 10:39 AM
Some of our members have a Flash Icon under their name ... it's really not that hard ... but we don't have the Avatar Hack Installed ... we do it through the Custom Member Hack because they need a certain amount of post before they are allowed to have an icon ...

The only thing you would need to do is alter the image code a little ... so it's altered correctly for flash ...

So if you would use that hack it would look like this

Code
code:

instead of

Code
code:

There is only one concern i want to stress here ...

make sure you as an admin or mod control the implemantation of Flash Icons and not your users with a swf file lookely hosted at their side because you can do as much with flash as you would enable HTML ...

Greetz

Knuff

added some line breaks not to screw up the page layout

[ June 01, 2001 03:42 AM: Message edited by: knuffel ]
Posted By: AoxoMoxoA Re: Flash Avatars.. - 06/01/2001 6:36 PM
thanks man smile

greatly appreciated.. i was gonna be greedy with it anyway, and only put one under my name.. with only 3 members on my board, wont be that hard to monitor smile

hehe

thnaks again man.. i really appreciate it smile
Posted By: knuffel Re: Flash Avatars.. - 06/01/2001 8:21 PM
more than welcome ... if you experience problems don't hesitate to give a scream ...

Greetz

Knuff
Posted By: AoxoMoxoA Re: Flash Avatars.. - 06/01/2001 11:17 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

smile

ya said to scream smile

ok.. heres my boggle.. i understand all that and how to change the file... but.. one question...

which file?

i searched all the existing member files, and nothing points to anything that resembles an avatar like ya explained..

there is a direct URL listed.. should i just modify that? it would be in the 00000001.cgi file.

sorry to be a pain smile

maybe its the custom member hack that has me confused.. since i dont have it installed... hmm.. maybe i should hunt that down, aye?
Posted By: knuffel Re: Flash Avatars.. - 06/02/2001 8:25 AM
The hack I referred to was the Custom Status / Rank Hack which I use and unfortunately I don't have the Avatar Hack installed ...

So if you are planning on installing that hack you can do it easily through the CP panel ...

Hope it helps ...

Knuff
© UBB.Developers