UBB.Dev
Posted By: Brett td non-repeating background image tag - 04/24/2002 7:48 PM
Does anyone know the tag that can be used in the td tag so background images do not repeat. I don't want to use CSS tags, please.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Shark5060 Re: td non-repeating background image tag - 04/24/2002 8:20 PM
Hey, cool thats good. Can you also give me the CSS "Tag", please ?
Posted By: Bookie Re: td non-repeating background image tag - 04/24/2002 10:29 PM
You can make backgrounds stick with javascript. Check out this link . Im not sure if it will work within a TD, but it is worth a try.

It is really easy to do with CSS too. First set your backgound image using style="CSS stuff" or, define it in the head or other file. In that put this:

quote:
background-image: url(ADDRESSTOIMAGE); background-repeat: REPEAT-TYPE;
ADDRESSTOIMAGE should be replaced with... thats right, the address to the image. and Repeat type can be replaced with no-repeat, repeat-x, repeat-y to prevent from tiling, or just horizontal/vertical tiling.
Posted By: Shark5060 Re: td non-repeating background image tag - 04/24/2002 11:54 PM
ehm, is it correct like this:

[code][/code]because the image is shown, but it is repeating in horizontaly AND verticaly (oh my damn english laugh ).
Posted By: Bookie Re: td non-repeating background image tag - 04/25/2002 12:05 AM
Whoops. tipsy Replace repeat-no with no-repeat. laugh
Posted By: Shark5060 Re: td non-repeating background image tag - 04/25/2002 2:29 PM
jeah! Thanks! That is what i'm looking for... another Question, you CSS Prof laugh :

INPUT, TEXTAREA, BUTTON {
border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 10pt;
color: #FFFFFF;
background-color: #000000;
}

Thats inside my style.css too - it makes the text-areas, the Buttons and the input boxes in Black & White. But the Option & Check fields are B&W too. why ??
Posted By: Bookie Re: td non-repeating background image tag - 04/25/2002 2:45 PM
It does that because tags are used for all that type of stuff. ie: [code][/code]What you could do is make a class in your header for the radio/checkbox buttons with no background color or anything, and go through the template files with checkbox and radio fields and assign that class to them. That is about all you can do to fix that.
Posted By: Shark5060 Re: td non-repeating background image tag - 04/26/2002 1:43 PM
i've done this:

CHECKBOX, OPTION, RADIO {
border:1px invisible; font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 10pt;
color: #111111;
background-color: #111111;
}

but NOTHING changed...
Posted By: Burak Re: td non-repeating background image tag - 04/26/2002 3:45 PM
read Bookie' s post again. You can not do this. You can set the "input" properties and this applies to all (checkbox radio etc..) or add a new class to your css and edit the html.
Posted By: Shark5060 Re: td non-repeating background image tag - 04/26/2002 4:50 PM
ah, hmm ok - but I don't know how to do this. can you help me ?
© UBB.Developers