UBB.Dev
Posted By: setpro Yes, but........... - 04/26/2002 11:40 PM
quote:
.......cause JavaScript isn't very reliable and UBB is generated in Perl, not PHP.
I'm not sure what you mean by:

"cause JavaScript isn't very reliable"

I do know that the password checking in done using JScript routines in the version of UBB that I am using.

I also know that what I asked for will most likely use JScript to perform the password overhead (seed computation, encrypting, coparison/checking and cookie overhead).

Thus my reason for posting in this forum.
Posted By: iluvcharlescapps Re: Yes, but........... - 04/27/2002 9:58 AM
JScript isn't JavaScript

JavaScript isn't a good idea because then everyone can see it! smile why have a alogorithm at all if everyone can see how to encrypt, decrypt it:)
Posted By: LK Re: Yes, but........... - 04/27/2002 10:00 AM
If JScript isn't JavaScript it's pretty new to me, but you posted it in "HTML, JavaScript and CSS" forum, so JScript isn't one of those.
Posted By: iluvcharlescapps Re: Yes, but........... - 04/27/2002 10:03 AM
JScript = language for writing ASP in other than VBScript

look around on MSDN.microsoft.com, you'll find it somewhere...
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Yes, but........... - 04/27/2002 10:17 AM
To clarify this, JScript is Microsoft's extended implementation of ECMAScript. JScript is implemented as a Windows Script engine. This means that it can be "plugged in" to any application that supports Windows Script, such as Internet Explorer, Active Server Pages, and Windows Script Host.
Posted By: setpro Re: Yes, but........... - 04/27/2002 10:25 AM
I stand "corrected"....... tipsy

As I said, I'm no programmer.....and a little bit of knowledge is a very dangerous thing! laugh
© UBB.Developers