UBB.Dev
quote:
A new version of Internet Explorer is going to be released next year that will remedy the issue [of violating the patent]. ... Microsoft has since put out a developer's edition of Internet Explorer 6 with this update in place for testing purposes. ... One thing that struck me is that the testing version ran side by side my already installed version. This was incredibly interesting. Also the fact that it was only a handful of files that made this browser version run was also interesting.
-- Source

In short, it boils down to adding a file called IEXPLORE.EXE.local in the directory of an install of a previous version of IE. With the right files in place, the old version just plain WORKS, albeit with the current UI. Just the old rendering engine (and user agent string) is in place.

You can grab (small) zips of 5.5 and 5.0 here - just unzip'em and run: http://www.skyzyx.com/archives/000094.php

They're working on 4.0, but who in the world uses it?
Bah. Looks like the time on wh04 is off again. This was posted at 10:03 PM...

*edit* Yup... posted November 06, 2003 03:04 PM. Sigh.
Bumping this back up because it's surely going to be missed otherwise. Stupid time problems.
I unfortunately think that between this and the not distributing VM, we're moving backwards... not fowards.. frown
© UBB.Developers