UBB.Dev
Posted By: Lupus Altering the Size of images in Avatar Hack - 02/05/2001 9:59 PM
Ok, I want my users to be able to alter the size of their images in the Avatar Hack. This way their images will not get crushed, or stretched. One way of doing this could be to use two other profile fields to allow them to enter the height and width. I would rather not do this though, because it would waste 2 extra profile fields. I would rather find a way so html would work in the profile field (so they can choose their own size that way)...which would require me to find a variable that would store html. So do any of you have any idea of how I could do this? Oh, and I am not worried about people trying to put huge images to the side, because my posters are generally good about following directions. If I tell them not to use a big image they will listen...though if there is a way to set a maximum size, that would be nice just in case.
This is difficult to accomplish with the current basis of the avatar hack.

A slight re-engineering might be nessecary - the users can submit the form with the URL to the image, the height, and the width, then instead of storing the URL information, the actual tag is generated and stored.
© UBB.Developers