UBB.Dev
Posted By: Calvin Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/10/2001 6:34 AM
When I use one it comes up as undefined. undefined

I installed the UBB 6 Code Buttons. Is that why? I also notice that it doesn't work here.
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/10/2001 7:25 AM
It works fine here and my board.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/10/2001 10:47 AM
What version of what browser are you using?
Posted By: Calvin Re: Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/10/2001 9:57 PM
IE 4.0.
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/10/2001 10:09 PM
Good. its not a problem, a 4.0 compatibility issue.
yes its a bug ".="
ubb_new_reply

# pull in instant smilie/ubb code javascript
$direct_to .= $instant_jscript;
&set_page_elements;

".="

allso ne "yes") should be 'yes'

# do graemlins--
if ($in{disable_smilies} ne "yes") { $message = &Smilies("$message"); }
Posted By: Calvin Re: Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/11/2001 3:35 AM
How do I change it? confused
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/11/2001 3:54 AM
rob - you didn't show a fix...all you did was tell us how to not interpolate 'yes'.
ubb_new_reply.cgi

$direct_to .= $instant_jscript;
&set_page_elements;

--to--

$direct_to = $instant_jscript;
&set_page_elements;

# do graemlins--
if ($in{disable_smilies} ne "yes") { $message = &Smilies("$message"); }

--to--

# do graemlins--
if ($in{disable_smilies} ne 'yes') { $message = &Smilies("$message"); }
Posted By: Calvin Re: Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/15/2001 12:11 AM
hurrican rob, I tried that and it didn't work. It sill said undefined. frown
Posted By: Madman Re: Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/22/2001 8:42 PM
laugh hurrican rob that worked like a champ. Thanks for providing the information.

Madman
Posted By: Ell Re: Instant Graemlins are not working... - 02/23/2001 5:12 PM
It did?!?! AFAICS it doesn't do anything much..

Code
code:

Just SETS $direct_to to $instant_jscript instead of appending the contents; at the end of BOTH ways, $instant_jscript is contained inside $direct_to

Code
code:

Does absolutely nothing. "yes" and 'yes' evaluate to exactly the same thing, since Perl has no boolian type. If it did, then we might see somethign different.

If the contents of $direct_to are large (I dunno what it does- does it contain other HTML?) then the slow loading of that might be causing the problem you're experiencing- is it an older, slower computer that you have IE 4 installed on? If so, the only reason it works now is it's not getting the browser in a twist with too much info to process at once. But the price you pay is reduced browser compatability.

All-in-all, if it works, go for it I guess, but don't blame MM; there's nothing wrong with the original code above, and that "yes" -> 'yes' REALLY is pointless.
© UBB.Developers