UBB.Dev
Posted By: Interrealm Keeping people from being logged out? - 03/03/2001 4:50 PM
Is there a way to keep people from being logged out? My users keep requesting a way that they don't have to keep logging back in inorder to post if they have been gone for a day or so. If i remember right, it use to be that way in the old 5.x version didn't it?

Any and all help would be greatly appreicated.
Posted By: speed Re: Keeping people from being logged out? - 03/03/2001 4:55 PM
Tell them not to log out
Posted By: Interrealm Re: Keeping people from being logged out? - 03/03/2001 5:05 PM
Har Har Har ... never thought of that one *NOT* hehehehe smile ok time for sarcasim to be done...

I've experienced this myself also. If i go to another page, or just shut my browsers down and come back in a day, I'm logged out sometimes.
Posted By: Ell Re: Keeping people from being logged out? - 03/03/2001 7:34 PM
Sounds like a browser issue. Is your browser (which is what, BTW?) set not to retain cookies between sessions?
Posted By: Interrealm Re: Keeping people from being logged out? - 03/03/2001 10:06 PM
I run IE5 (just downloaded the latest today) on this system. Like i just mentioned I just 'upgraded' the browser from what WinME installs so we w ill see if it fixes things. I've heard from my users that it happens on both Netscape to IE so not sure. I'm sure you are right and it has something to do with Cookies and the users machines but I wanted to hear some feed back from those that use it on the admin side also.

I'll keep trying to check small things here and there to see if i can find a patern.

Talk soon.
© UBB.Developers