UBB.Dev
Posted By: Prince Upgrade Questions! - 03/30/2001 6:24 PM
I hope I'm posting this question in the correct forum!

When you upgrade from 5.47 to version 6, is there a tool here that will revert the member files back to their original amount of fields?

In other words, I have the AIM hack installed, and I heard that certain hacks like that one can cause upgrade problems.

Also, are there any similar concerns with other hacks that change the threads?

If these questions have been answered before, please give me the url, and I apologize.

Anyone?

Thanks! wink
Posted By: Prince Re: Upgrade Questions! - 04/01/2001 10:58 PM
Can anyone answer??? frown
Posted By: Lupus Re: Upgrade Questions! - 04/02/2001 4:03 AM
I am 99% sure that the answer to your question is no. From what I remember, if you have added profile fields, you had to re do your member list. I guess you could manually fix your profiles, but that would be a lot of work. It is possible that someone made a utility since I upgraded...but I did not notice it.
Posted By: Zedd Re: Upgrade Questions! - 04/02/2001 6:23 AM
Hell, i just nuked my entire board and did a new install just to make sure. All fo the people who use my board re-register quickly and it cleared out all the old accoutns that were not being used!
Posted By: Lady Domini Re: Upgrade Questions! - 04/02/2001 3:35 PM
We just upgraded our board to 6.2 and lost most of our hacks. All except the who's online and smiliy. And most of the april threads and members. Although I'm not sure if the other admin is done upgrading yet. Actually we lost everything that was done in april. Hmmmm

Heck, that was probably my fault.

Ok, maybe we didn't upgrade. ::Frowns::

Ignore me. I'm being blond.

[ April 02, 2001: Message edited by: Lady Domini ]
© UBB.Developers