UBB.Dev
Posted By: RP1 PM mod Question - 04/08/2001 8:50 PM
In the PM mod, is it possible to send a new PM to "any registered user"?? It appears as though the only way to send a new PM is by clicking on the PM icon on a user's post. In the version 5 PM hack, you were able to go to the entire user database and just click on the user you wanted to originate a new PM or just start a new PM and enter the user's name you wanted to send to.

Have I missed something with the new PM? Or is it not there? And if not, will it be available later on??

Thanks.
Sincerely,
confused in Texas
Posted By: qasic Re: PM mod Question - 04/08/2001 10:20 PM
Currently, with the UBB 6 implementation of PMs, you may only send a PM when you view a post or he/she is on your buddy list. I believe you are looking for is under development by Charles Capps.

q
Posted By: RP1 Re: PM mod Question - 04/09/2001 7:31 AM
Well, ain't that just swell--the very guy who diss'ed us on the infopoop board for running a hacked ubb, making up hacks himself.

Scheez.
Posted By: Dark Templar Re: PM mod Question - 04/09/2001 7:33 PM
If you recall, Charles Capps asked not to hack the beta. UBB6 is currently out of beta. Therefore, he is making hacks for it, and he isn't "dissing" anyone for having a hacked UBB6.
Posted By: RP1 Re: PM mod Question - 04/11/2001 3:25 AM
No, actually I don't recall that because I never saw it, but in any event, we never ran a BETA version--the only version of 6.0+ we've ran has been GOLD. Anyway, what Charles did was reply to a question of mine on infopoop's board in which he stated that in order for us to have a problem checked out, we'd have to remove all hacks and return to the original (stripped down) ubb version, insofar as "we (i.e. infopoop) do not support hacked boards". I'm still new at all this and just found it strange that one of the major hackers was in a position at infopoop to make that statement. It just sounded strange--still does--but I think I finally understand what he (infopoop) means. Maybe the tone of his message came across as somewhat condescending also, which probably did little to endear me :rolleyes:
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: PM mod Question - 04/11/2001 4:17 AM
I am both an Infopop employee and a code hacker.

Hell, it's the code hacking that GOT me the job.

Before insulting the guy who maintains the UBB source code and is working on 6.1, I would advise thinking. Thank you.
© UBB.Developers