UBB.Dev
Posted By: drkknght the PM mod on ubbdev.com - 04/11/2001 6:47 PM
i know double c created the pm notification mod over in the beta forum. and i know double a said the one on ubbdev.com was slightly different by that one (created by borg, i believe?)

...anywho... im reporting a problem with the one on this site (not necessarily the one in the beta forum).

new PMs are not listed. i even got my email notification from the automated UBB feature, but still, "no new pms" displayed on ultimatebb.cgi. then, i read thru double c's beta mod thread and noticed that you have to log out, then back in to see the "new message" notice. however, when i did that, the whole PM table disappeared! no notification, no "no new message" notification... not even a blue bar that said "private messages." reloading the page brought me back to the old "no new message" blurb. (and yet, if you go to the PMs thru profile, the new guy is just sittin there all purdy).

...um... ok, thats it smile
Posted By: Compboy Re: the PM mod on ubbdev.com - 04/11/2001 7:06 PM
I had this problem too on my own board.

But i'm not sure which mod they use on uubdev. i tought i saw in a post somethnig about Borg's PM but i'm not sure..

can someone enlight us more?
Posted By: Ell Re: the PM mod on ubbdev.com - 04/12/2001 9:12 PM
I whipped up the one UBBDev is using in dispair, only to talk to Charles and find out he was releasing his the next day... I must have been picking up the PM vibes (happens when you're using a cheap psychic network like mine). We'll ditch my hack, and go with CCs here, probably.
Posted By: drkknght Re: the PM mod on ubbdev.com - 04/12/2001 9:43 PM
you call that voodoo lady, too!? laugh

thanks fer the response, borg.

either of you (dont think cc is) in the process of creating a v5-similar PM ... thing? where you could send a pm to anyone at anytime (without searching for one of their posts) as well as having PM notification come up whenever you get a pm (without having to log off n'back on)
© UBB.Developers