UBB.Dev
Posted By: Kak Hacking Error-Please Help! - 04/18/2001 6:30 AM
Whenever I edit cp_lib.cgi and/or ubb_lib.cgi for hacks they always have errors!

Say I edit cp_lib.cgi. When I try to access the CP, it says there's an error in cp_lib.cgi line 1.

When I edit ubb_lib.cgi, and try to access the board, it says there's an error in ubb_lib.cgi line 1.

I'm pretty sure there's a stupid little thing I've missed. I'm new to the world of UBB hacking. If there's anyone who knows what I must do please reply.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Hacking Error-Please Help! - 04/18/2001 8:03 AM
Are you uploading in ASCII?
Do you have the correct path tp the perl compiler on your system?
Try posting the code that is causing you problems and then we may be able to help.
Posted By: Kak Re: Hacking Error-Please Help! - 04/18/2001 7:46 PM
Well, my most recent hack was Dark Templar's Star/Custom Status Hack. Here's what I was supposed to do in cp_lib.cgi:

quote:
I did all of that and got the error that I mentioned.
Posted By: ShavedApe Re: Hacking Error-Please Help! - 04/18/2001 9:34 PM
I added the very same hack to 6.04 m8 it works fine best advice I can give is upload in Ascii and make sure youchmod the files even though your ftp may tell you the permissions are set.
I have had errors because I forgot to chmod the files after uploading new hack
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Hacking Error-Please Help! - 04/19/2001 1:17 AM
Seems like a pretty straight forward hack, not much places thinks can go wrong.
Try doing what was said in the above post, then if al else fails try it again from scratch.
Posted By: Kak Re: Hacking Error-Please Help! - 04/23/2001 4:51 AM
It's not just this hack. Whenever I change ANY of those files like I mentioned above I get an error.
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Hacking Error-Please Help! - 04/23/2001 6:08 PM
What text editor are you using?
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Hacking Error-Please Help! - 04/24/2001 1:12 AM
Use a real mans editor, its called vi smile
lol
© UBB.Developers