UBB.Dev
Posted By: infinite2001 Problem installing hacks... - 04/19/2001 5:48 AM
Ok, this is a terrible pain and HOPEFULLY someone has experienced this and has a sollution.

Ok, I'm trying to install a hack, doesn't really matter what it is, but when I edit .cgi files in notepad, that's fine, there are no problems. But when I edit .pl files with notepad, when I SAVE the file, the nice and neatly spaced out code jarbles up on the save. This is a problem when there are lines of code that are commented out and I have no idea how to fix this problem because i get numerous software errors. Someone have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance
Infinite
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Problem installing hacks... - 04/19/2001 6:19 AM
Tried using EDIT in dos and see how it saves the .pl file?
It it saves fine for .cgi it should be the same for .pl
Are you realising this after uploading your .pl files to the server. Maybe your FTP client isnt uploading the .pl files in ASCII.
Also try using the vi editor if you have telnet access, quicker then uploading / downloading files all the time.
Posted By: infinite2001 Re: Problem installing hacks... - 04/19/2001 6:32 AM
Ok, while in Edit, in the .cgi files, everything is fine. But in the .pl files, there are "Music note" icons after each line. What exactly are those and how do I get rid of them? I would imagine this is my problem...

BTW, I don't have telnet access.

Infinite
Posted By: infinite2001 Re: Problem installing hacks... - 04/19/2001 6:52 AM
Figured it out, they weren't uploaded in ASCII...I could have swore I did that...

Oh well.

Infinite
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Problem installing hacks... - 04/19/2001 8:35 AM
hehe thought that would have been the problem!
© UBB.Developers