UBB.Dev
Posted By: l0cke Where did I goof?! - 04/30/2001 10:17 PM
Somewhere, some how, I goofed up on my forum.

When I click register, I get no errors, but it only shows a white page. I can't seem to fix this. Can anyone help me? My forum is located at ffforumcentral.cjb.net

It's had to be one of the modifications, because two members joined before. Please help!

- Locke
Posted By: l0cke Re: Where did I goof?! - 05/05/2001 10:56 PM
Oh come now, surely someone here has the mental capacity to help someone out for once...
Posted By: scats Re: Where did I goof?! - 05/06/2001 1:34 AM
This is how you fix the problem:
You restore to the state your board was in before installing the last hack. If the problem still exists, restore to the the state that existed before the previous hack. On and on until your board works. Then you re-install the hacks one at a time. If the problem reappears, check the support thread for the last hack you did, if it's in beta, maybe the problem is discussed there.

If you don' have back-ups for each stage of the game, start over from the beginning.

That is honestly the only way to go with problems like this, since the moderators can't realistically go through your code hunting down one goofed up line.

Cheers!
Posted By: l0cke Re: Where did I goof?! - 05/06/2001 4:29 AM
I was a stupid fag and didn't back up anything before I went adding hacks.. I believe it was the whole Qasic Avatar thing, for it's the only hack I installed that deals with registering (and deleting things).

I added Avatar, Member Status, and the Last Reply. I've removed the Member Status and Last Reply hacks, and it still goofed, but I can't remove the Avatar hack, because I don't know where that stuff went that I deleted. frown

Either someone here can check my CGI, or I can reinstall the whole thing, but I'd RATHER go the first one first.. I hate installing CGI stuff.
Posted By: l0cke Re: Where did I goof?! - 05/06/2001 4:52 AM
oops.. double post. frown

[ May 05, 2001 09:52 PM: Message edited by: l0cke ]
Posted By: l0cke Re: Where did I goof?! - 05/06/2001 6:26 AM
WTF

Okay, so I decided to completey backtrack. I removed the Avatar hack, and put back the stuff where it was supposed to go.. IT STILL DOESN'T WORK

It just takes me to "http://216.97.12.249/cgi-bin/Forum/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=agree" and shows a white page.

WHAT FILE DOES ultimatebb.cgi READ WHEN ITS TOLD TO "agree"!?? I need to find this file and fix it or SOMETHING.

Someone who's good with UBB, PLEASE help me!
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: Where did I goof?! - 05/06/2001 10:30 AM
It's one of the templates called public_registration...
Posted By: l0cke Re: Where did I goof?! - 05/07/2001 4:15 AM
Okay, I've accessed this file.. Everything seems to be in working order.. ? What next?
© UBB.Developers