UBB.Dev
Posted By: Mr.Clean multihack always failing! - 05/02/2001 8:16 AM
how the hell do i get multihack to work? i choose all the correct paths and it keeps saying failed i downloaded that thing from microsoft and every thing! nothng works
Posted By: Troy Re: multihack always failing! - 05/02/2001 9:13 AM
First, what version are you using?
Second, post your paths, even if you say they are correct.
Third, WHAT doesn't work? Specifically, I can't help if I don't know where to start.
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: multihack always failing! - 05/02/2001 10:02 PM
ok i am using 1.1.2 Public

here are my paths [Linked Image]

what is does is when i analyze it or try to install it is always fails!
Posted By: Troy Re: multihack always failing! - 05/02/2001 11:05 PM
Ok, your paths do look ok for the most part. The "Hack Support File" directory should be a directory that you will not delete. Any hacks that have other files that are not normally included with the UBB package are stored in this directory. That way MultiHack can pull them out when it need to install or export.

When you say "always Fails", I am assuming that you mean the program is reporting that the modification failed, not that the program itself failed(crashed).

So, assuming that, if all mods fail, then for some reason the original source files cannot be found. In this case e:ubbwww. Are you sure your UBB files are located there?

Basically it all points to that the program is unable to find the source files in order to modify them.
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: multihack always failing! - 05/02/2001 11:08 PM
yes all files are located in ubb/www i will try to change the hack support file path
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: multihack always failing! - 05/02/2001 11:09 PM
nope no luck! dam i really wanted to install some hacks but they guy wont make a manual install for them..... oh well
Posted By: qasic Re: multihack always failing! - 05/02/2001 11:55 PM
Mr. Clean,

I can probably duplicate your settings here on my computer since I get multiple hard drives.

I may be able to step you through it. AIM/ICQ me. kalokf/10488369.

Cya.

q
Posted By: maurice Re: multihack always failing! - 05/03/2001 7:43 PM
Hi It's not working for me either.
How the hack do I install a hack ..lol
My hack list is empty
Posted By: qasic Re: multihack always failing! - 05/03/2001 8:05 PM
Mr.Clean's problem is fixed.

To get mhx hacks, look for them. When you see a hack is mhx compatible, use mhx smile

q
Posted By: maurice Re: multihack always failing! - 05/11/2001 5:17 PM
Thanks Q, I got it!
Posted By: MidnightPyro Re: multihack always failing! - 05/11/2001 11:01 PM
I'm using multihack and I have the same problem, and directorys (practically) as Mr. Clean. What was the fix?
© UBB.Developers