UBB.Dev
Posted By: kaukagaul "Hidden" Categories - 07/17/2001 10:11 PM
Have been searching for this without finding any hack to do this. And the Hidden Forums hack is not what I think of for this purpose.

If you have a lot of forums, and a lot of categories, and you dont want all of these forums and categories to be shown on the forum summary page;
- Is there a way to put some forums in a category that is NOT shown on the forum summary page, and that is only accessable from a link in the menubar?
I do not talk about restricted forums hidden by the Hidden Forums hack.(This way I know you can build a hidden category, but it will have restrictions that doesnt fit for my idea.)

I know that I can do something similar if I make a second UBB and just share the members and Forum** directories between these two UBB's. And then make a link in the menubar to a category inn the other UBB (I guess UBBDev and the UBBDev database is built this way)

I just though I should ask if there is a more easy way to do this within ONE singel UBB?
Are there any existing hacks for this purpose?
Posted By: ZoneX Re: "Hidden" Categories - 07/17/2001 10:32 PM
I'd like this too.
Posted By: kaukagaul Re: "Hidden" Categories - 07/18/2001 8:48 PM
ZoneX yeah, I think we have to give this one a little "bump" laugh
Posted By: ZoneX Re: "Hidden" Categories - 07/19/2001 6:42 PM
Yep. This would be cool, if someone could help.
Posted By: ZoneX Re: "Hidden" Categories - 07/21/2001 3:31 PM
Bump. smile
Posted By: kaukagaul Re: "Hidden" Categories - 07/23/2001 8:23 AM
Bump laugh
Posted By: radiokilla Re: "Hidden" Categories - 07/25/2001 12:57 AM
bummmmmmmmmp.....

Maybe this would do better in the suggestions forum?
Posted By: kaukagaul Re: "Hidden" Categories - 07/26/2001 5:10 PM
Yes, I think I make a new topic in the suggestions forum, as it may be the best place for it laugh

[ July 26, 2001 10:49 AM: Message edited by: kaukagaul ]
© UBB.Developers