UBB.Dev
Posted By: import New version! - 11/03/2001 3:44 PM
WoW i just checked it and the new version for 6.10 is out! Ok here;s my question though, i have 6.04f..with many hacks..last time i tried to upgrade (6.05) it said some error with some hack, so i didn't upgrade, but should i upgrade? whats the big difference? and if i do upgrade, how do i go about editing the files to work with the new version please help! do i have to edit everything, or just the upgrade files? confused confused
Posted By: LK Re: New version! - 11/03/2001 4:07 PM
Everything (except images, member files and the old variables) is updated, so you'll lose all your hacks and you'll have to install newer hacks (from the V6.1 forums).

In other words, you can't use Beyond Compare or something like that, you'll have to start hacking from the beginning.

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: import Re: New version! - 11/03/2001 5:15 PM
what about all the member files i have and stuff, won't the avatar hack mess them up, and not work with newer version??....what about all the topics, and post and stuff? will they be gone?

...so it looks like my best bet is not to upgrade? frown frown frown
Posted By: LK Re: New version! - 11/03/2001 5:48 PM
No, the avatars won't do anything.

No, nothing will be removed.

The only problem is if you installed Slurpee's Last post info in profile hack, and if you did, get the line remover from the Members Area.

Also, if you have Calendar Hack, don't forget to change $maxmemfields in ubb_lib_files.cgi to 55.
© UBB.Developers