UBB.Dev
Posted By: Lionel email form - 04/21/2001 1:21 PM
I am also using the Infopop Ultimate Guestbook. I found a nice German hack that allows you to use an email form on your site. What it does, when someone clicks on the email icon, it takes you to a form where you could contact the person without seing his email address.

Now is there such a hack for UBB?

I already have the ubbfriend email hack that allows recommendations only to be sent from server. The hack that I am looking for is to allow people to send out mail to those members who do not want to display their email address. (On my site, most people do not like to reveal their address, but would not mind getting contacted).
Posted By: Lucia Re: email form - 04/21/2001 10:31 PM
There is no hack that does this, as far as I'm aware, you might want to consider using the Private Message hack, as that will be easier. I'm thinking what you want to do is allow your users to specify a username to email to, and then have the form grab that user's email address and mail them with the contents of the form, is this correct?
Posted By: Lionel Re: email form - 04/21/2001 10:39 PM
Thanks Lucia. Yes that is correct except that with PM, you need to be registered to use that feature. I have it installed on my board too.
Posted By: Lucia Re: email form - 04/21/2001 10:43 PM
Ok, is it that you want your users to be able to mail anyone they choose the page without revealing their email address, or do you want unregistered users to be able to enter in a user's username and mail them?..

Because I could see some serious opportunities for abuse there in either scenario
Posted By: Lionel Re: email form - 04/21/2001 10:50 PM
Here is an example
click on any icon and you will see what I am trying to achieve.
Posted By: SpAwN Re: email form - 04/21/2001 11:34 PM
Wants to Learn, there is a hack for that, for example try this thread on my board.

EDIT: eh i forgot the link laugh http://spawn.warpstorm.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000024.html

If you click my e-mail (user -=SpAwN=-) icon in postings icon row you get a mail form but you will see my e-mail adress above.

But if you click on my test acount (user SpAwN) e-mail icon you will get a e-mail forum but it doesnt show you the mail adres becouse i set in my prefrences to not show my mail for that acount.

I think this was what you looking for right?

If so go to my hack database and make a search for "Mail to user directly from UBB"

[ April 21, 2001 04:36 PM: Message edited by: SpAwN ]
Posted By: Lionel Re: email form - 04/22/2001 12:28 AM
Great! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a Lot!
Posted By: Lionel Re: email form - 04/22/2001 3:31 AM
smile smile Spawn, thanks again... installed easily!
Posted By: SpAwN Re: email form - 04/22/2001 4:11 AM
You'r wellcome

Glad i could help you
© UBB.Developers