UBB.Dev
Posted By: Techguy Updating thread after Carnell editing - 04/25/2001 1:04 AM
I discovered that when Carnell Utilities are used to edit threads (basically editing raw UBB message#.cgi files), the thread doesnt really "update" and becomes broken. The forum where that thread was then needs to be "updated" for the thread to work (edit/reply/etc), otherwise a message that the forum number does not match appears. Any suggestions (other than updating the forum ;))? Perhaps adding an update thread function, but so that it updates only that thread? Any help would be appreciated.

[edit]on a side note, the whole editing routine seems a bit whacky, and besides that doesnt support last post by although documentation suggests it should[/edit]

[ April 24, 2001 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Techguy ]
Posted By: SpAwN Re: Updating thread after Carnell editing - 04/25/2001 1:32 AM
I know there is some problems with 5.45c when you edit prune or index your forum, but i am not sure about 5.46

In 5.45c you can solve the problem like this, after editing, pruning or indexing a thread you need to submit your General settings once without any changes and after that you can update your threads
Posted By: Techguy Re: Updating thread after Carnell editing - 04/25/2001 1:35 AM
Thanks for your reply laugh
Well I basically figured out I can use update threads CP function for that forum to do the same, but I was wondering if its possible to write something like that for individual threads?

[ April 24, 2001 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Techguy ]
Posted By: SpAwN Re: Updating thread after Carnell editing - 04/25/2001 1:45 AM
Hmmm, you want only one thread to edit?
Posted By: Techguy Re: Updating thread after Carnell editing - 04/25/2001 7:11 AM
Not one. I am just thinking if its possible to update threads individually.. hmmm
© UBB.Developers