UBB.Dev
Posted By: iowan showing mods - 05/04/2001 10:32 PM
is there a hack that doesn't show who's moderating the forum , i mean like " invisible " moderators ??
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: showing mods - 05/05/2001 2:19 AM
You can do that manually editing the scripts and be more specific where you want to remove them.
Posted By: iowan Re: showing mods - 05/05/2001 9:28 AM
well i want them to be moderator on all forums , but i don't want their name showing on the moderator columm in the ultimate cgi , but i don't wanna lose all the moderator names there , so what i need is a hack so i can choose what moderator names show and which don't . i did a good search on these forums but all i could find was a hack that removes all names , and that i don't want.
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: showing mods - 05/05/2001 6:39 PM
Use the Mega-Mod hack
Posted By: iowan Re: showing mods - 05/05/2001 8:00 PM
i did that , but becuz i have the starshack installed it don't work , it messes up the ubb_library2 where as u know the starshack is installed.and i wouldn't know where to start making it work , i can install hacks but i don't know how to make them.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: showing mods - 05/06/2001 4:19 AM
For example what I did in my forums was just write out the elements of the Moderators array that I wanted to print, eg. If I had 6 moderators, and I only wanted to show 4, then wherever it printed the moderators name I just used $variable(arrayelement);
The way ubb does it it loop through all the array elements until it gets to the end of the array, then it stops printing moderators names.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: iowan Re: showing mods - 05/06/2001 1:21 PM
cool , looks like i could use that , any change of posting a code example ?
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: showing mods - 05/07/2001 1:36 AM
Ohh jezz Im at work and cant access my ubb code from here. Umm for example in ultimate.cgi it reads the moderators from an array, splits it up, adds a comma and joins it all back together into a single variable.
Think its something like

@mods = split(/||^||/, $Moderator);
$Moderator = join(", ", @mods);

Now in any location you see the variable $Moderator being printed, simple erase that and put a reference to the actual array element, example

print "$mods(1) $mods(2)";

this would just print the first 2 moderators.

Hope you can understand what Im getting at.
Any probs let me know.
Posted By: iowan Re: showing mods - 05/07/2001 8:15 AM
well i guess i see what u mean , now hopefully i can figure it out and get it to work , and i only have to do this in the ultimate.cgi ?

btw , thanks for helping me out here
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: showing mods - 05/08/2001 1:18 AM
thats fine, you do it in any page that you want to customise the print out of the moderators, possibly in forumdisplay also
© UBB.Developers