UBB.Dev
Posted By: Lionel who's online breaking down the sections - 05/06/2001 4:21 PM
Is there a way to have who's online display just one specific section, like:

Hello username, there are x amount of people in the forums and x amount of people in the chat room ?
or x amount of people reading such and such topic?
I know that the general screen gives you the breakdown of where they are, but I need to display for just one specific action, not all.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: who's online breaking down the sections - 05/07/2001 12:47 AM
Now Im not sure of the variables used off the top off my head on the online.cgi script, but it cant be that hard.
You would basically just increment a counter variable each time a user was found in a specific location. example

If ($Where eq "Forum Listing") {
$ForumListing++;
}

then after thats all done just print out the variables you want.
Posted By: Lionel Re: who's online breaking down the sections - 05/07/2001 1:14 AM
sounds a little more complicated than that. You'll need to decrease the counter to when they log off...
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: who's online breaking down the sections - 05/07/2001 1:26 AM
Not really there should already be code in online.cgi that checks whether they are still active, there should be no reason you cant work out how its done and duplicate it for your needs.
Posted By: Lionel Re: who's online breaking down the sections - 05/07/2001 1:35 AM
confused you are talking to a cut and paste guy. I am not a programmer. frown
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: who's online breaking down the sections - 05/08/2001 1:21 AM
ROFL, sorry. It could be done with a basic knowledge of perl. I could possibly help you out buy Im quite busy at the moment. Maybe someone else will be kind enough to give you a hand.
© UBB.Developers