UBB.Dev
Posted By: iowan register ( internal server error) - 06/11/2001 1:10 AM
when people try to register they get a (internal server ) error but they still recieve an email with username and password and all that works just fine. i didn't change anything recently and this problem came all of a sudden . could this be a chmod problem in the ubbmisc.cgi ?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: register ( internal server error) - 06/11/2001 4:08 AM
Yes It can be. Or maybe you have stuffed the coding in ubbmisc.cgi when you installed a hack. wink
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: register ( internal server error) - 06/12/2001 7:50 AM
Have a look at the servers error.log and it will tell you where the script is causing the error. This way its much easier to diagnose the problem!
Posted By: iowan Re: register ( internal server error) - 06/12/2001 9:42 PM
seems to be the ubbmisc.cgi , what is the correct chmod for that file ?
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: register ( internal server error) - 06/12/2001 10:22 PM
All CGI files should be 755. Variables files are 777.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: register ( internal server error) - 06/13/2001 9:21 AM
I wouldn't think that ChModding would be the problem..could be..
Posted By: iowan Re: register ( internal server error) - 06/13/2001 8:50 PM
well to my knowledge i did everything to get that problem out of the way , but it is still there , even when i upload a backup copy of ubbmisc.cgi , i just can't understand why members get this error and still the username a password gets send to them . could it be some zero bytes file problem somewhere ?
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: register ( internal server error) - 06/14/2001 12:45 AM
Check the size of your members files, if any are 0 bytes then they will get an email with no user/pass in it. I had a similar problem when I ran out of disk space in my server.
© UBB.Developers