UBB.Dev
Posted By: iowan transferring complete board - 06/22/2001 2:23 AM
i have moved my complete board to another server , how can i enter the general settings and then edit the absolute paths and so on , i don't get the option " first time install "

thanks in advance
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: transferring complete board - 06/22/2001 2:53 AM
Do it manually in UltBB.setup
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: transferring complete board - 06/22/2001 11:31 AM
Or you can get rid of the old ones and the absolute path should be on your ftp. smile
Posted By: iowan Re: transferring complete board - 06/22/2001 12:06 PM
thank you , will try that , the ultbb setup holds the links to the absolute paths ?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: transferring complete board - 06/22/2001 12:56 PM
Yes it does.
Posted By: iowan Re: transferring complete board - 06/22/2001 10:30 PM
ok , i went by the book on this one , i installed a fresh ubb on the server so i can figure out all the absolute paths and so on , this works fine i can enter the general settings and make the changes i want , when i try to change the style settings and submit them i get a blank page, same with forums settings also i don't see the icons on my ubb page , i'm sure i chmodded correctly , whats up with this , where does ubb get the info for the icons ? and why do i get a blank page but i can enter the general settings without a problem ?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: transferring complete board - 06/23/2001 2:38 AM
Try updating your threads and forum files, might help confused
Posted By: Techguy Re: transferring complete board - 06/23/2001 3:06 AM
try resetting your values by deleting UltBB.setup file (back it up first ;))
then you can go in general prefs and you should be asked to enter everything as if it was a first time install.
Stupid question... but are all the files uploaded to the right dirs and you know paths to them?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: transferring complete board - 06/23/2001 3:57 AM
I would try that too, Could work.

[ June 22, 2001 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Lord Dexter ]
Posted By: iowan Re: transferring complete board - 06/25/2001 7:05 AM
i got the board succesfully moved too the new server , but now it shows the complete board but i don't see the forums listed , i see the ultimate cgi but not any of the forums , i'm sure i chmodded it all correctly and the paths are correct , the control panel works correctly , i can update threads and so on but the forums don't show up . whats up with this ?
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: transferring complete board - 06/25/2001 7:56 AM
Go into your forum settings, if you dont see a lst of your forums you will just have to add them again. Easy to do.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: transferring complete board - 06/25/2001 9:02 AM
Did you turn on the category bar or catergory forums on? That might be your problem. Or if you turned on the category bar, you have to give your forums a category or they wont show if the are on "No Category".
© UBB.Developers