UBB.Dev
Posted By: LoneWolf Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/26/2001 12:00 AM
When I try to search in my Forum and choose "search all open forums" the search engine searches all the forums (closed and opened) why?
Posted By: hmiguelito Re: Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/26/2001 12:10 AM
BUG
Posted By: LoneWolf Re: Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/26/2001 12:24 AM
can I fix it?
Posted By: hmiguelito Re: Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/26/2001 12:55 AM
hmm
thats odd
why do you want a closed forum anyway?
Posted By: LoneWolf Re: Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/26/2001 1:15 AM
Maybe you didnt understand me well..

I have a problem with my search option in the UBB. When I try to search "all open forums" the engine searches all the forums including Closed ones!

How can I fix this?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/26/2001 9:31 AM
Since the search engine is a feature when u first get ur ubb, It will be a bug, unless you have edited the code with your hacks.
I suggest not using the search function at all. It sucks up an enormous amount of CPU cycles and it may be a factor of your host kicking you off for being a resource hogger.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/26/2001 9:37 AM
I guess your right, You should just turn off the search function, like anybody actually bothers to use it. tipsy
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/26/2001 10:01 AM
That's why I turn them off at my UBB, just in case spammers are smart and decide to do a full search on the UBB wink
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/26/2001 10:05 AM
Good idea, When my UBB was up, I didn't know one person who used the search. So I turned it off so I could add more cosmetics at the top of the forum and they wouldn't go on two lines. wink
Posted By: LoneWolf Re: Searching within closed Forums, wny? - 06/27/2001 4:45 AM
Thanks guys, after all its not very useful as you just mentioned. Maybe it is useful for a UBB dedicated to informations like this UBB (search is VERY useful here) not it is not in my UBB fortunately.
© UBB.Developers