UBB.Dev
Posted By: GiJoe memberlist problem - 07/12/2001 12:16 AM
Ok I instlled private message and memberlist today. The only problem is the memberlist doesn't list the members, it just says how many members!
Any idea's?!

Here's what it looks like:
http://www.contemporarycustoms.com/cgibin/memberlist.cgi

Oh and one more thing in the PM when you hit reply it just comes back with a blank privatesend.cgi there isn't the user that set it to you there or a topic!??!

Ok so I looked at it again and you can't access the profiles, so I put it back to the backup ubbmisc.cgi file I had, works fine.
I then reenter the script and same problem!
Here is the error:
Error including required files: Can't locate memlist.setup in @INC (@INC contains: /web/web/www.contemporarycustoms.com/cgibin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /web/web/www.contemporarycustoms.com/cgibin/ubbmisc.cgi line 46. Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

What the heck does this mean!??! confused

Thanks! smile

[ July 11, 2001 07:33 PM: Message edited by: GiJoe ]
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: memberlist problem - 07/12/2001 3:53 AM
You did not run lettercreate.cgi for the memberlist.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: memberlist problem - 07/12/2001 4:22 AM
Also, Maybe that big long error means that they cant find the memberlist.setup file on your server.
Posted By: GiJoe Re: memberlist problem - 07/12/2001 5:15 AM
quote:
How the hell did I not see that it was driving me nuts everything else went fine...
Anyway I had the memlist.setup in the ubb dir insteded of the cgibin dir!! shocked

So the only other thing I gotta figure out now is why the reply isn't working in the PM!? confused

Thanks guys! smile
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: memberlist problem - 07/12/2001 5:39 AM
If you get a blank screen it's probably a chmod problem. So chmod privatesend.cgi correctly and it should work.
Posted By: GiJoe Re: memberlist problem - 07/12/2001 5:49 AM
quote:
Nope its not a blank screen it just looks like a new PM when you hit reply no topic or reciver!
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: memberlist problem - 07/12/2001 12:33 PM
What do you mean? Does it say the new PM is sent? If it does and you don't recieve. Make sure you made the "private" directory in your cgi-bin directory.
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: memberlist problem - 07/12/2001 6:56 PM
Make sure you have the UBB Code Buttons and CHMOD the private directory to 777.
Posted By: GiJoe Re: memberlist problem - 07/12/2001 11:13 PM
Let me explain this a little better!

When I first set it up and you tried to reply you get this

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.12 Server at www.contemporarycustoms.com Port 80

Looks like a permision error right? Wrong! The problem is I'm using unix which is case sensitve...when you hit the reply button it sends you too is
http://www.contemporarycustoms.com/cgibin/privatesend.cgi?action=reply&id=8
That doesn't work but if you change the "id" to a "ID" it works! Well kind of, you still just get a normal PM its not a reply!

So in the privatesend.cgi I edited all the "idnum" to "IDnum" and it works fine. But still when you hit reply its just brings up a new PM like your not replying it anyone!

Well I hope I explained it well enough.
So now can anyone HELP!?!

Thanks

[ July 12, 2001 04:14 PM: Message edited by: GiJoe ]
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: memberlist problem - 07/13/2001 5:06 AM
When all else fails, restore your backup files and redo the hack.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: memberlist problem - 07/13/2001 6:37 AM
Yeah you should at least try the hack twice before asking about problems..coz you might have stuffed coding somewhere.
Posted By: Disc 2 Re: memberlist problem - 07/15/2001 11:08 AM
OK, sorry about my incompetance, I'm a complete n00bie at this sort of thing, I've just installed a memberlist which works properly, although I want to link to it up at the top where it says 'my profile | register' etc.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: memberlist problem - 07/15/2001 11:43 AM
Do you mean you want to add profile | Register at the top of the page on the member list or add links?
Posted By: Disc 2 Re: memberlist problem - 07/15/2001 12:12 PM
sorry, I meant add a link on every page or whatever to the memberslist up on the part where it has all the links
'profile | register | preferences | faq | search ' etc
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: memberlist problem - 07/15/2001 12:15 PM
This Question was asked in a previous thread so go through the threads and try to find it.
© UBB.Developers