UBB.Dev
Posted By: NBAustin NT To UNIX Move Problems PLEASE HELP! - 09/15/2001 6:23 PM
I've moved my board from NT to UNIX and the damn General Settings wont take the default username and password to set the variables. Nor will it take ANY administrator name and password.

I've done EVERYTHING. The paths ARE correct..the files are ALL CHMODed correctly including the Members directory and ALL files inside.

I keep getting:

"Sorry, but we couldn't find a record for the UserName you entered. Please try again.
If you are configuring your bulletin board for the first time, this is probably due to the fact that you did not set the proper variable for your CGI Directory absolute path."

Can someone PLEASE help me?

This is driving me nuts!

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: NBAustin ]
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: NT To UNIX Move Problems PLEASE HELP! - 09/16/2001 2:45 AM
Click where it says "New Install" and just install it again. Then try get it with your User name and pass. If that doesn't work upload Admin5.cgi and use that.
Posted By: NBAustin Re: NT To UNIX Move Problems PLEASE HELP! - 09/16/2001 2:50 AM
All fixed.

Don't know how...but fixed!

Thanks all!
Posted By: aarongrant Re: NT To UNIX Move Problems PLEASE HELP! - 10/03/2001 6:23 PM
that happens to me all the time when i transfer my ubb to a new server, it won't take my username or display the boards or any of the users and then all of a sudden like 15 minutes later everything snaps into place and starts working. hehe it's very odd.
© UBB.Developers