UBB.Dev
Posted By: BassTeQ Delete Times out - 10/10/2001 5:05 AM
In one of my forums I have 25,000 + threads. If I try to delete/move a topic I have problems. If I try and delete a topic it deletes the corresponding HTML/CGI file but it still lists it in the thread listing, but when you click on it you get a page not found error.

So could it be timing out because there are so many files in that directory. Delete/Move works fine in all other forums.

Thanks
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Delete Times out - 10/10/2001 8:07 AM
Are you deleting these through your FTP? If you are, update your threads and they should dissapear. Try that. wink
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Delete Times out - 10/11/2001 3:49 AM
No via the delete function on the thread page.
If you delete via FTP it doesnt delete it from the .threads file until you rebuild the index, and thats a pain to do after you or a mod deletes a topic.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Delete Times out - 10/11/2001 8:05 AM
Well did you try updating the threads or deleting the thread through the CP? (These are just ideas that come to my head, not the solution wink )
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Delete Times out - 10/12/2001 12:56 AM
If you delete via the CP it works fine, its just when you use the delete function on the bottom of a thread page.
Ive worked around it. I just closed that forum caregory, made it read only and started a new one. Now delete/move etc... works fine.
I think it could be a combination of cgi / server speed issues.

Thanks

Hey just curious which part of Melb are you from?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Delete Times out - 10/12/2001 8:59 AM
Your in melb too? I'm from Taylors Lakes, which is North-west of Melbourne near Sunshine...
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Delete Times out - 10/13/2001 10:09 AM
No way, haha small world, Im from Deer Park smile
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Delete Times out - 10/13/2001 11:19 AM
Holy Macaroni, Thats close. I used to live in Deer Park near Brimbank Central (Deer Park Shopping centre) and then we moved here. smile
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Delete Times out - 10/14/2001 4:48 AM
I live about 1 minutes drive from Brimbank Central smile
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Delete Times out - 10/14/2001 5:58 AM
I lived on Neale road so it was like a 5 Minute walk. The Shopping Centre wasn't that good when were were there just had Safeway and Target and then it got better After we moved. mad smile
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Delete Times out - 10/15/2001 9:00 AM
Ohh yeah, that shoping center use to be pretty crap before they re did it, but now its pretty nice. I use to live in Birchwood Blvd, its across the rd from the shoping center, then we moved elsewhere smile
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Delete Times out - 10/15/2001 9:34 AM
Yeah, well we have Watergradens here (Not sure if you heard of it). It has some good shops there and they recently opened a Harvey Norman here, which is good. smile
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Delete Times out - 10/15/2001 1:26 PM
yeah Ive been there on a few occassions, and supercheap autos across the road there! Perfect smile
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Delete Times out - 10/16/2001 8:23 AM
Yeah, built some good shops there. I heard a rumour they are buliding a Myer and David Jones there, not that anyone cares. tipsy
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Delete Times out - 10/17/2001 1:04 AM
Ohh really, thats not bad, But im sought of in the middle, Highpoint in one direction and water gardens in the other smile
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Delete Times out - 10/17/2001 8:54 AM
Well we all know Highpoint is much better. I only go there for clothes chopping and stuff like that.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Delete Times out - 10/18/2001 1:04 AM
Well the biggest indoor shopping complex in the southern hemisphere, its gotta be better smile
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Delete Times out - 10/18/2001 5:57 AM
BAH! my small redneak town mall rules u both, k-mart and a arcade (im not kidding that all thats in it)
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Delete Times out - 10/18/2001 8:11 AM
ROFL
hahahahaha smile
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Delete Times out - 10/19/2001 8:57 AM
LMAO!
We have 2 K-marts AL. tipsy
© UBB.Developers