UBB.Dev
Posted By: BassTeQ Dodgey Post Dates - 10/22/2001 7:10 AM
Does anyone know if a solution was found to the problem where dummy blank posts are created with dates that look like --> 20-100
For example look here , you'll see 3 blank topic listed. Its becoming a pain removing them all the time. I wish I kney why they were created so I could fix it.
Thanks
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 10/22/2001 9:19 AM
Yeah it happens with old and busy forums. Try updating threads, search indexes and stuff like that.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 10/23/2001 12:50 AM
Well busy, yes. But Old ? Nooo... Still a good version 5.47d smile
Cheers
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 10/23/2001 9:50 AM
Well I mean how long it has been up not how old the version is. Sorry about that. smile
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 10/24/2001 12:40 AM
Ahhh ok well Ive been running the board for 2 years, cant remember how long its been on 5.47d though, before that I had 5.47c and so on.
Its a bumber about that because it stuffs up my active topics, looks like ill have to modify active.cgi to skip blank dummy posts.
Arrggghhh more work!
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 10/24/2001 9:57 AM
Well I post on a un-hacked v5.47b which has been up for about a year now and it has had so many problems with threads etc. So these things do happen.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 10/25/2001 1:46 AM
Darn it ! smile
Posted By: Vipermad Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 10/25/2001 1:53 AM
Bass....I gotta idea!!!

These ones that are blank...are there any REPLIES in that topic...or just the initial post?

I ask because I recently saw something that looked like crap....until someone posted a reply, then it looked normal.

Probably too easy for it to be that. :rolleyes:

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Vipermad ]
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 10/29/2001 6:47 AM
Viper, no replies at all
have a look here
See the first few, no topic title, no valid date/time. So they are obviously system generated.
Dont think there is a fix for this issue though
frown
Cheers
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 10/29/2001 8:40 AM
The Auzzie UBB I go to gets those same threads. It has only happened once though. It starts out as a normal thread and then that happens and before the first post in the topic there all all this posts by "unregistered".
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Dodgey Post Dates - 11/01/2001 1:19 PM
Hrrmmmmm
Well looks like im suck with it frown

Cheers
© UBB.Developers