UBB.Dev
Posted By: Brad.loo Poll: main reason for staying with v5! - 11/22/2001 9:15 AM
i loved verson 5.45 of my ubb. i went to 6.05 not to long ago for a few hacks my main reason for staying so long was

1: the amount of haks on v5
2: i dident like the login/out on v6

what are yours? laugh
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Poll: main reason for staying with v5! - 11/22/2001 10:06 AM
I stayed with it because I didn't like some things on V6 like the features & layout. But when my server got hacked I joined Anime-loo's board. smile
I use 5.47e and its simply the best script going !
I hoping more hacks will be made... smile
I installed 6.0 series and hated layout, futures, and the lack of hacks...
I seen so many different layouts for 5.0 series and the 6.0 series all like the same to me..

Thats my 2 cents
I WON'T change/upgrade or buy a new licence until something WAY BETTER than the 5.0 series..

btw Anime-loo great topic !!
Posted By: ak Re: Poll: main reason for staying with v5! - 12/13/2001 6:15 AM
Well we had to ditch the new version, our server
http://www.communitech.net/ with whom we have been using for several years closed our site down 2 times in 8 days. When contacted they said that the Board was causing several problems for them(??? not sure what type of problems)
So we have had to go back to 5.46.
We have been with UBB for almost 5 years now and have had little problems until now that we tested Version 6.1.0.2 and 3
Anyone else have these problems.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Poll: main reason for staying with v5! - 12/13/2001 6:48 AM
Ive been using it for a long time, love the layout, lots of hack around for it. Im very comfortable with the code and find it easy to write my own hacks due to the fact Ive been playing with the code for a long time.

If I upgrade then Ill have to get comforatable with the new code and such. Im happy on my v5 for the time being!
Yeah getting used to v6 takes a while.
© UBB.Developers