UBB.Dev
Posted By: CreepingDeath Custom Title/Ranking/Avatar Hack prob! - 08/14/2001 8:19 AM
Ok, moved my UBB from UNIX to NT and it seems to be working fine....except for my Custom Titles/Ranking/Avatar Hack.

When I moved the site over, it didn't save the custom titles/rankings. Ok, no biggie. I can rewrite them all. However, when I post the new titles and go to save, I get this error:

Access Denied. No permission to write inside /home/creeping/public_html/cgi-bin. Read FAQ for more information.

Well, I KNOW that I have read/write permission in my CGI-BIN because the board works fine. I am sure this has something to do with moving the board to the NT server. Any ideas how to FIX this? Do I need to reinstall the hack? If so, I might as well upgrade to the newest version of UBB and start from scratch
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Custom Title/Ranking/Avatar Hack prob! - 08/14/2001 10:41 AM
You need to CHmod the cgi-bin and change the Permissions with your FTP. If your server doesn't allow CHmodding you'll need to use a permission editor.
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
You need to CHmod the cgi-bin and change the Permissions with your FTP. If your server doesn't allow CHmodding you'll need to use a permission editor.

You don't understand. I went from UNIX to NT. I can not change the permissions in NT, I had to have the administrator do that (which they said they did).

I can't use a permission editor on NT. You can not CHMOD files in NT.
Posted By: qasic Re: Custom Title/Ranking/Avatar Hack prob! - 08/14/2001 8:12 PM
CreepingDeath,

Are you using UBB 6.1 because if this was the case you'll need to use the 6.1 versions of the UBB hack not the 6.0x versions. There have been a few changes to cover this problem.

If you posted this q in the wrong forum, notify a mod and he'll move it.

qasic
© UBB.Developers