UBB.Dev
Posted By: katelily Security breach seen on Who's Online - 09/07/2001 2:15 AM
We are set up so that only Admins or Moderators can access our Volunteer's Lounge forum. Today while watchin Who's Online I noticed a "Guest' who was viewing "Private Topic" in our Volunteer's Lounge. How is this possible? How do I stop it? Thanks!
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Security breach seen on Who's Online - 09/07/2001 2:21 AM
They're not actually viewing the topic. If they click on the forum, WOL shows them as being in the forum. I think that this was fixed in a later WOL version. Not sure on that one, though...
Posted By: katelily Re: Security breach seen on Who's Online - 09/07/2001 2:24 AM
Thanks so much! Good to know! smile
Posted By: qasic Re: Security breach seen on Who's Online - 09/07/2001 8:56 PM
Actually,

If you're using Who's Online 4.1 or higher on UBB 6.1+, that IS a security breach (the problem was fixed in WOL 4.1 Matt). You'll defintely need to see if you have hacked WOL correclty if this is the case.

qasic
Posted By: cyberspring Re: Security breach seen on Who's Online - 09/15/2001 2:03 PM
did you check the ip as a registered member?

[sarcasm]
how is it someone could get past login?
[sarcasm]

the only time i've ever seen a guest is when a regged member dropped their cookies while logged in...
I'm using 4.0.0 on UBB 6.05 - does this mean that I could have this problem?
Posted By: qasic Re: Security breach seen on Who's Online - 09/21/2001 5:06 PM
Sal, yes you would have that kind of problem.

qasic
Posted By: Sal Collaziano Re: Security breach seen on Who's Online - 09/21/2001 11:34 PM
Yikes! Are there only specific files that I would need to upload to alleviate this problem? - to upgrade? If there's an easy way to upgrade, please let me know!

Thank you...

Sal
Also. How far do they get? Just the one message they click on or access to the whole forum?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Security breach seen on Who's Online - 09/22/2001 7:38 PM
They don't actually get in... their cookie gets a hit when they click on the link and WOL shows them as "in", they aren't actually able to read anything. Qasic fixed this in more recent versions.
Thanks. I feel much better knowing people aren't reading things in that forum. smile
© UBB.Developers