UBB.Dev
Posted By: IMOK WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/28/2001 11:14 PM
Just installed WOL and now get a series of errors when loading ultimatebb.cgi. Basically the same error over and over for different lines. The error is...

Global symbol "%vars_wordlets_mods" requires explicit package name at ...cgi-binultimatebb.cgi line 554.

At the end there is one more error...

Missing right curly or square bracket at ...cgi-binultimatebb.cgi line 937, at end of line ...cgi-binultimatebb.cgi has too many errors.

For the latter, line 937 is the last line in the file.

Is it that I need to do the wordlets hack first? That wasn't listed in the setup instructions otherwise I would have done it.

Any help is most appreciated!
Posted By: IMOK Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/28/2001 11:15 PM
BTW .... maybe I should mention that I installed it first by hand then after the errors started over and used the install file.
Posted By: RANCH4x4 Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/28/2001 11:44 PM
You need vars wordlets mods.
Posted By: IMOK Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/29/2001 1:37 AM
That file was already there in the CGI directory.
Posted By: RANCH4x4 Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/29/2001 1:44 AM
Did you install the wordlets?
Posted By: IMOK Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/29/2001 1:57 AM
Yes, eventually, but that didn't seem to help. Everything is back as before and I am just getting ready to try once again.

First the wordlets hack that came with WOL, then WOL again. Hopefully that will do it.

Thanks for the responses !
Posted By: IMOK Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/29/2001 3:59 AM
Nope .... same problem. Could it be a conflict between the Member List hack and WOL? I noticed that they both added a list to vars_wordlets_mods.

Thought maybe that was the problem and combined the contents of both into a single file. Still no help.

Because the error is "requires explicit package name" do you suppose the trouble is that it's seeing in essence duplicate names (not explicit) ?
Posted By: RANCH4x4 Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/29/2001 4:34 AM
Start over, install vars wordlets mods and use the auto installer, be sure to chmode the files.

It will work.
Posted By: IMOK Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/29/2001 5:06 AM
I have now...... three times. I've used the auto-installer, went through dry runs etc. and it all seems good until I load ultimateBB.cgi.

I'm sure vars wordlets mods is OK because the member list works (before WOL). As soon as I add WOL it dies. Same thing every time so I don't think I'm making the same mistake over and over.
Posted By: IMOK Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/29/2001 6:34 AM
What I have found regarding the errors is this ..
http://stein.cshl.org/genome_informatics/perl_control/strict.html

It suggests that there is a problem with variables, which makes sense. I must be introducing ambiguities once I install WOL because everything is fine before that.
Posted By: IMOK Re: WOL 4.1.0 version - 11/29/2001 10:07 PM
To answer my own question, the problem comes from first doing the member list hack then the WOL hack and following instructions *exactly*.

You see there are a few lines that get added during the member list hack (wordlets mods)that DO NOT need to be added again for the WOL hack. If you don't see that these lines have already been added and add them again, well ... you get trouble.

So new rule of thumb for me is for any code insertions, make sure it isn't there already.
© UBB.Developers