UBB.Dev
Posted By: outvit Question About Control Panel - 12/17/2001 1:20 AM
What file in UBB controls the look of the control panel?

I really hate the current control panel and I am going to re-design it to the way I like it. laugh

If anyone knows where it is, please let me know.
Posted By: jordo Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/17/2001 1:54 AM
in your Templates directory, the files that begin with cp_ are the html templates for the cp. be careful changing them though, make sure you have good backups before you mess around with them...
Posted By: RandyM Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/17/2001 2:33 AM
Yep, I have to agree...that's one place you don't want to screw up.
Posted By: outvit Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/17/2001 8:06 AM
Well, specifically I am looking to change the options area; the drop down boxes, etc...
Posted By: pumpkin Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/17/2001 10:43 PM
yah I don't like the comboboxes for the options either... if you get a better alternative pls make it public
Posted By: jordo Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/18/2001 1:18 AM
should be in cp_common.pl...
Posted By: outvit Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/18/2001 4:14 PM
Thank you. I am not in an environment where I can really do editing at the moment.

But when I get home I will check it out.
Posted By: Ron M Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/18/2001 5:02 PM
I agree, however, it does make it easier to secure it, unless you use an array of raido buttons and disable the ones that mods shouldn't be touching.
Posted By: outvit Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/19/2001 5:28 AM
I have no intentions of changing the options or the user level's. I am simply re-designing the administration into a nice layed out page that is easy for anyone to navigate through. I really hate the job that Infopop has done on it and I believe they have done a half-assed job at it to be perfectly honest.

You compare the Control Panel's of other forum's to the UBB and they make it look nothing short of primitive.

I plan to change that for myself first of all and if I decide to I will release the finished template to the public since it will be utilizing graphics and will change with the style templates of the FORUM.

If you have any suggestions as to what I should make it look like let me know since I completly plan on eventually releasing it. laugh

[ 12-18-2001 09:31 PM: Message edited by: outvit ]
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/19/2001 5:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by outvit:
I have no intentions of changing the options or the user level's. I am simply re-designing the administration into a nice layed out page that is easy for anyone to navigate through. I really hate the job that Infopop has done on it and I believe they have done a half-assed job at it to be perfectly honest.

o thats gana make one of our local hackers around here mad
laugh
Posted By: outvit Re: Question About Control Panel - 12/20/2001 1:26 AM
Out of curiosity, why would it make one of the local hackers mad?

I am re-designing the interface...
© UBB.Developers