UBB.Dev
Posted By: Lupus [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/05/2001 12:54 PM
User Status Hack

Well, on my UBB board the users love to have a custom stat under their name. I am not sure if somone posted this yet, but if they did I did not see it. I figured out how to do it by changing some stuff for the custom avatar hack that MM posted (http://www.h-realms.com/hacks/6.x/avatar6.txt)

This is very simple, and it worked very easily on my board, but make sure you back up your files first.

Here it is

#############################
public_topic_page.pl

## FIND:

sub topic_row {

## PASTE THIS UNDER:

my $this_txt = $user_profile[19];
chomp($this_txt);

## FIND:

$user_status

$member_number

##(something other than member_number may be here...$AuthorExtra was there in my code)

## PASTE THIS UNDER:
##if you want more breaks, just do the line break html code.

$this_txt

Save, upload, Clear Cache

##Then go to your control panel (primary settings:registration settings) and use the LAST custom slot. Enter "Custom User Text" or whatever label you want to use, and make it an optional field. If you wish to use another custom slot, you will need to change the number 19 that I have in the code, to the number of the slot that you use.

-Lupus

User Status Hack
Posted By: Jigga-Master Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/05/2001 3:38 PM
change--->
my $this_img = $user_profile[19];

to--->
my $this_text = $user_profile[19];
Posted By: Lupus Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/05/2001 6:06 PM
oops, typo...on my board I did it the right way...but when I typed out the instructions I forgot to change it from the image form. Thx for pointing it out. I am getting ready to put it in a text file now...I will fix that typo as well.
Posted By: Yamaha Raptor Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/05/2001 6:15 PM
[ February 05, 2001: Message edited by: ClanKiller ]
Posted By: Lupus Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/05/2001 6:23 PM
User Status Hack

I fixed the prob, and cleared up the directions a bit, and uploaded it. Click on the above link to view it. If you see more typoes, or problems please post them.
-Lupus
Posted By: Alien Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/06/2001 12:51 AM
That was flawless, worked perfectly. laugh
http://www.aliensoup.com/cgi-bin/ubb6beta/ultimatebb.cgi

Good work.
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/06/2001 2:41 AM
Nice job!
Posted By: Lupus Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/06/2001 2:42 AM
thanks
Posted By: Jamer Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/09/2001 7:28 PM
Thanks
Posted By: Calvin Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/09/2001 10:58 PM
Now can I replace Member, Administrator status with the custum status?
Posted By: Dark Templar Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/10/2001 7:04 AM
Cloud, that specific feature you mentioned is not included in this, but will come out with my custom status hack, which will be released with my stars hack in the future. The custom status hack will replace the moderator/admin/etc, just like the old ones did smile.

The hack is currently in production. smile.
Posted By: Lupus Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/10/2001 9:59 AM
This hack was to let individual users change their status by typing in what they want in their profile. You seem to be asking how to change the label for admins, mods, members... This feature is built into the UBB without any hacks. It is somewhere in the control panel.(Primary settings:miscellaneous settings) There is also a "stars hack" out that will put images for different statuses and post amounts. There is a link to it somewhere in this forum (I think a couple different people have written versions of that hack).
Posted By: t-c-i Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 02/10/2001 4:59 PM
yes, all these things can you do with this hack: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000090
Posted By: drkknght Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 04/20/2001 6:07 AM
i was wondering how you went about limiting the size of this variable?

within cp_edit_profile, i listed my 4th variable as:

Code
code:

note the max length and size are both 25 -- however, even after uploading and clearing the cache file, users still have the ability to enter an 80 character sentance! anyway to limit it?

thanks!
Posted By: Travis Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 04/20/2001 10:34 PM
well have u tried editing public_edit_profile.pl and changing

Code
code:

to

Code
code:

[ April 20, 2001 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Travis ]
Posted By: PowerMatt Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 07/11/2001 5:23 PM
The only problem I see with this hack is that it allows people to put in stuff like "Administrator" and "Moderator". I know it would only appear underneath their real rank, but it seems there should be a way to prevent them from doing this. I don't know enough about CGI myself to do it.
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 07/12/2001 6:17 AM
Code
code:

That should do it.

[ July 11, 2001 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 07/12/2001 6:28 AM
Or, if that doesnt work, use this:

Find:
Code
code:

Replace with:
Code
code:

Add above:
Code
code:

this:
Code
code:

Make sure the bottom code you put above the sub routine.

[ July 11, 2001 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 06/04/2002 11:58 AM
The link to the .txt file has now become an adult site.. wink
I think a mod/admin should fix this.. Preferably sooner rather than later..
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 06/04/2002 12:00 PM
And that's exactly what I did wink
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [6.0x] Custom User status (Titles) - 06/04/2002 1:56 PM
How approipate of you. tipsy
© UBB.Developers