UBB.Dev
Name: LOGIN (for v6 series) Quick Redirect Hack
Description: Speeds up the logging process by giving the UBB administrator the option
of using the _default_ "info" screens after a login/logout or bypassing these screens totally.
Link: http://www.qasic.com/ubbhacks.html

Unforutunately, I don't have a SSI/Frames UBB so I'm unable to test that feature so I really wish someone could *please*. This would be greatly appreciated.

Please provide beta feedback here. Thanks!

qasic
A beta mod for a beta mod for a beta piece of software?

PLEASE post any updates to this mod INSIDE THIS TOPIC. hate98 is driving me insane already with his need to post a new topic for every minor update.
Sorry Borg, but Jim wanted me to post as a separate topic. Sorry, this wasn't my call; it was his.

q
Oh, no, this topic is ok as a central thing, but no more on the same subject, like hate.
Ok, that clarifies it. Thx Borg!
quote:
During beta development, this is required for me to properly track bug reports for the correct version. Infopop releases new betas in a new topic on their news forum, for example. Also, folks will see the topic with version x and may not read it to see if version x+1 was released.

Remember, this is beta time, many fast and sudden releases. As I explained in my other posts, many times in the past, when UBB6 is out of beta, and so is login.cgi, you will only see new topics as new non-betas come out. You see, after initial public release of non-betas, no more WIDE betas between those releases. Only folks on my beta team will discuss betas at that time.

I hope *this* clarifieds my madness does indeed have a method. smile
Hey, anyone using login 5.0 on UBB6 version 8.1 or later - did your guest login stop working? Must be 8.1 or later.

When a user clicks on guest does UBB6 report "Sorry, we have no one registered with that name. Use your browser's back button to try again." ???

Please lemme know, thanks. I can work around this in the next closed beta.
Yes, that happened to me.
quote:
I know why... if logging is either globally disabled or just guest logging, it won't store the cookies properly in that situation only. I will work on this for next limited beta. Gonna be a tough one, I looked at it for over an hr tonight and could not squash it. I'll attack this before next release.

Temporary solution for this beta:
Simply turn on logging for now, both globally and guest logging.

Thanks - remember, bugs are expected, this is a beta!
Did I mention I am considering going back to my cookie library? It worked flawlessly on all platforms (3.05 I mean.)

After UBB6 is in general release, I'm going to work strictly and exclusively on a "cookie free" UBB, including a way to time-out sessions as config'd by the admin.

Here is what I plan on doing, in order:

1) squash some bugs now
2) Release non beta login.cgi 6.0 numbered to match UBB6 when it's in non-beta finally
3) Release limited beta (testers on my team only) of NON-cookies version and hacks
4) Release non-beta 7.0 (non-cookies)

Now have you guys found any more bugs? I think other than this one, it's running quite stable considering UBB6 is in beta.

Thanks for your help guys.

-jim
© UBB.Developers