UBB.Dev
Posted By: amykhar [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/10/2001 5:53 PM
This isn't exactly a hack. Do NOT try to use this if you don't know enough Perl to customize it to your liking. I am not going to be able to support this - it was a quick and dirty tool to get a job done.

What it is - a quick script to generate a list of links to member profiles.

Why I created it - I used this script, generated a list, and then saved it as HTML. I link to the static HTML so that my members can use the list for sending private messages. It's nothing fancy.

What you have to do to make it work for you - You have to set the proper paths to your memberslist.cgi file. It might work to run this in your members directory. I have not tested that. You also must configure the URL of the links that are generated to reflect your own board.

member.zip

Currently, I am using this to teach myself some mysql. I want to create a memberlist that my users can search quickly and easily.

Amy
Posted By: Jigga-Master Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/10/2001 9:31 PM
sounds kool amy, do u have a demo?
Posted By: amykhar Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/10/2001 9:59 PM
Demo

As I said, it's not much. However, you could easily add formatting and pretty it up. It's better than no member list at all until leshrac finally releases the real thing.

Note: You won't be able to follow the links to the profiles because I run a member-only board. However, you can see by the URL in the statusbar that they do link to the member profiles.

Amy

[ April 10, 2001: Message edited by: amykhar ]
Posted By: sirox Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/10/2001 11:09 PM
Very Nice Amy!
Posted By: Fuzion Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/10/2001 11:17 PM
Very nice work amykhar, keep up the good work.
Posted By: Jigga-Master Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/10/2001 11:30 PM
yea simple but usefull smile
this could also be a small start to the member list hack smile
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/10/2001 11:49 PM
Not bad for a basic, everyday, script. You could've used OO (Object Oriented) style for it, being such a small script. But thats just me.
Posted By: amykhar Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/11/2001 12:48 AM
quote:
Perl isn't my language yet. Right now, I am lucky to write two coherant lines. laugh You wait though, eventually I'll know what I'm doing.

Amy
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/11/2001 12:49 AM
I was there once. You might try www.perl.com for a link to OO style coding.
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/18/2001 4:16 AM
is it alright if i use this to make a members list? i have cutomized it alot for my board and i think i can finish it up! soo how about it can i release what i have done soo far?
Posted By: amykhar Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/18/2001 8:37 PM
It doesn't bother me, but it might annoy Leshrac who is working on his member list hack.

Amy
Posted By: kaak Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 04/20/2001 1:41 AM
Great job Amy! Mr. Clean, keep us posted on how the clean-up/documentation is coming wink
Posted By: hellhound Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 08/06/2001 6:37 PM
link is down
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] Handy Little Script - 08/07/2001 3:22 AM
OO is a taste chioce in perl - thats why i like perl...
© UBB.Developers