UBB.Dev
Name: Thread-Integrated UBB™ Polls

Description: This is a thread-integrated ubb poll script that allows your members to start polls with new threads and have other members vote on the poll. There is also the ability for them to leave coments in the thread when they vote.

Original Author: Ryan Olson

Demo: https://ubbdev.com

Link: http://beta.collegevilletc.com/thread-polls.zip

(Updated 06/02/2001)

Requires: DPK's Wordlet Dev Kit to be installed first.
Gonna go install *Runs Away* Looks Good
I have two requests:

• The option/ability to have UBBPolls only work in certain forum. Anotherwards an option when you edit a forum or create one is to have the ability to turn it on or off for that thrad.
  • It would be totally kewl if it also had an option that would like rate something.. Option to turn off for certain forums and such. And when posting the Poll you have a choice to add an image and get it rated.. I know it could be done but it would look so much betta as a Poll kind of thing..

Thanks very much for listening to my ideas.
Very nice and useful hack. smile Thanks a bunch. wink

[ May 31, 2001 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Zach B ]
If I'm not mistaken you have HTML or UBB Code Enabled for you forums. If you want to rate a photo, create a poll then in the message body rate this image: [ImageCode]

Adding restrictions to which forums have the polls enabled is possible, but it will require a bit more overhead. I'll put it on the TODO list.

Another possibility would be to have the title of the poll be different than the title of the topic. If that was an editable option, you could put your image as the title. That way the image becomes part of the poll table. That is an interesting possibility!
I am diggin' it it sounds good!

Thanks for listening to my requests.

[ June 01, 2001 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]
Hey Ryan, just a note to say that the poll Melder started here and I moved to chit chat never showed up in chit chat, even after refreshing the screen a couple of times. smile

edit: nevermind, it showed up after someone else posted in that forum in another thread... leetle bug then smile
Ok, I'm having a couple problems with this:

• The 'new poll' image won't show up. I have named it the right file name in the Style Templates and it still will no work. Instead the Style Templates does not save it and it stays blank everytime.

Next, everytime someone votes or replies, it gets double posted.

Anybody else having these problems and does anyone know how to fix?
You know that actually happened to me. Allen do you know why this is?

I just went in and put the entry in the for the poll image (which is BBPoll) in the style files. That is a temporary fix.

Is it double voting or double posting. If it is double posting you added a particular block rather than replacing it. In looking at the install directions you probably errored in the second to last step of the ubb_new_reply.cgi section.

Definitely check to make sure you did everything right in the ubb_new_reply.cgi, that is where you error is coming from.

[ June 01, 2001 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Olson ]
I'll go check that now, but I just found out it has doubled every post on the whole message board! Hopefully, I can fix it. smile
Bugs:

[*](the only real bug) Sometimes it's "Voting With No Comment" and sometimes it's "VotingWithNoComment". I changed everything to "Voting With No Comment" and it worked.

[*]In ubb_forum.cgi, $vars_style{BBTopic} is duplicated (instead of once {BBTopic} and once {BBPoll}), and it uses $vars_wordlets{post_new_topic}.

[*]In ubb_lib.cgi, the icon has $vars_wordlets{post_new_poll}, which doesn't exist.

[*]the name and everything is centered (it's just a little
    in public_poll_page.pl).

[*]There is no title unless I use the custom title hack (it can be fixed by a little else)

[*]Its width isn't correct, so the text/poll doesn't start like the replies do (change width="90%" to width="100%" in public_poll_page.pl)

[*]The Registered: in the bottom doesn't have the registered information. (the most simple solution is BEFORE "# author info options", add $RegDateVote = $RegDate;, and then in ubb_poll_ssi.cgi, call $RegDateVote instead of $RegDate)

Example of the last 4 ones: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000932

MasterMind is aligned to the center, there is no "Moderator" under him, "Registered:" has no text afterwards, and "Posts: 3225" (in the same line) isn't exactly above freakscene's icon.

[ June 01, 2001 06:06 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
I had the same problem, fixed it by adding BBPoll at the end of the line that starts

Code
code:

cp_styles.cgi and not after BBTopic

Dont ask why but it worked for me that way and not the other way.

One problem I do have is when I create a new style template there is no option to add the graphic, when i try and submit I get told I cant leave that field blank, I may of missed a bit of code so will double check when I get home smile

[ June 01, 2001 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Marty ]
Marty, here I did something I forgot what to fix it, and it's not that...

About the other thing, do the same to cp_add_new_template.pl as to cp_vars_styles.pl
I dig the comments feature. Very spiffy. smile

What I dont like is the Item #1 || Item #2 || Item #3....and so on. Would it be possible to create "X" amount of input boxes (X being how many poll options users are alowed to make).

The input boxes would be alot easier for newBs, as some [stupid] people get dumb and cant use the "||"s.

BTW, if im not mistaken, the thread integrated polls use "3d" table borders. Could you make it so the poll has borders that you set in the CP?

Also, letting the inside of the poll box (in a thread) be the opposite alternating table color??

Hope you understand what I was getting at, and thanks for listening to my ideas.
had it insdtalled for bout a week now workin perfect......
http://www.411hype.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000546
Just instaled it on my ubb6.04e(private)board,and everything seems to work with c.p and all but when doing a test poll the actuall poll don't show up in the post!?

Tryed to cmod the public_poll_page.pl to 755 and 777 but still no luck,and i have looked at my code but can't se any errors in my code hacking.

Anyone know what could be wrong here?
quote:
are you clearing the page cache after you move the topic and after the poll gets added to the thread?
Nice Work LK,

The format issues (width, centering, and registration date) were all left-overs from the format on my board.

I fixed all other bugs. I'll update the zip files as soon as I learn how to from allen!!

I'm not sure the "Vote With No Comment" and the "VoteWithNoComment" is really a bug, because I have those on my board and the poll works fine. However, for consistency, I'll change them!
You can either email them to me at info@ubbdev.com , or send me a link to them, or, if you think you'll be updating them often, I can link the first post to a copy you have...:)
i also installed, and have checked all my files over, and i get to "Post Topic" buttons on my pages and no "New Poll" buttons

in the style settings in the CP the correct icon shows up too

~~~also after i post a poll, the thread is all f'd up, the format of the page is nothing like any of the others~~~
thats cause WritePollOrBallotHere shows up in the post, not the poll at all

help pleeze

[ June 02, 2001 03:49 AM: Message edited by: CtrlAltDel ]
well i couldnt figure it out, i got some more errors too, i musta done something really wrong, i'm restoring my backup, and i'll try again later today

time for sleep
CtrlAltDel --

I hope you didn't uninstall, because the fix is super easy.

Read LK's post, you just need to find in the lines that you added with {BBTopic} and replace BBTopic with BBPoll.

Anyway, the zip files are updated and Allen will be setting the link for the newest version to my beta site.

Download Now
Suggestion

add icons to icon legend table

someting like this :

*icon* New Votes on this poll! (*icon* Hot Poll More than XX vote)
*icon* No New Votes on this poll! (*icon* Hot Poll More than XX vote)
thx, superhack !

some little bugs, but no problem..... it works great ! wink laugh
I post a poll on my UBB and it comes up just as a normal thread without the poll stuff, and with the title saying [Poll] after it...
yeah same thing has happened here.

it also stopped my other poll hack working (u know the other allen one that its supposed to work with)
It keeps saying You dont have permission to do this when trying to edit Poll from CP.

anyway, on thishack, same problem as XuDuX
try rehacking it.. i hacked wrong first time and i did some wrong things try it again
I have the other poll added (the one where you add via the control panel).....Do I have to remove that one first ???
quote:
I got the same problem,i can't se the poll in the post + i got some software error when trying to reply to the poll post.
Sorry to say that i dident copy the error page before i uploaded the backups:(
Have tryed to insert the hack 2times now + i have looked at my code to be sure that there was nothing wrong.

Do i need to cmod the poll.pl file(can't remember the name) to something?
I tryed 644,775,777 with no luck also tryed to clear cache.
I've rehacked twice, its still doing the same thing, posting it like a normal thread without the poll itself
right, i just hacked it 3 times! still same problem as XuDuX
I solved my little other problem with the Previous Poll hack (uploaded wrong file DOH!)
But anyways, anyone got any ideas?
No polls are appearing at all!
its just a normal thread, if u put a comment in, the commet appears, no poll. add no comment it puts in the thread 'Voting With No Comment'
any ideas?
same thing happened to me when i tried to do it frown poll isn't showing up.
yep, doesnt work for me, and im running 6.04

guess i'll install the other poll hack sometime or something mad
Yeah I got this problem too No Polls are showing up only the comments. I ca reply to it with out any probs.

Btw I got another bug or something like that in the thread overview in each forum, I don't have a post poll button but two post new topic buttons. But The one to the right is actually the post poll button. In the thread the post poll button works is there.
quote:
ek! i have that prob too!
i hope these r easy problems to fix
Now I got the poll to work My Prob was in
ubb_lib_posting.cgi

I was too fast to copy paste hehe

$counter = 0;

I accidently put this part in after the comment in the line above.

But I still got To post New Topic Buttons, anyone have any Idea where I should fix this.

Found out about the button by actually reading all posts in this thread and clean my Cache.

[ June 02, 2001 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Santa ]
Hey Santa, that worked!!!!
Thanx
Santa! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
right new problems!
when u vote, but make NO comment, it adds you to the thread and sez 'Voting With No Comment'.
Is that ok? it seems wrong. surely u can vote without it saying Voting With No Comment. or is that just a feature.
anyways, got the same prob as the rest of these kind people, 2 New Topic buttons!

*****EDIT******
SOLVED IT! FOR I AM GOD
damn VotingWithNoComment should have spaces in em!

[ June 02, 2001 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Cyberdude8472 ]
A buddy of mine found a bug, and you can test this by creating a poll with to identical options. YES||YES||No||Maybe

Well if you vote for YES, then both entries get incremented.

Ooops, Here is the fix.

Find:
Code
code:

Replace with:
Code
code:

I'll update the zip file.
Sorry about the mess I made on the page ...

[ June 02, 2001 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Olson ]
Hack works great!!

Cup o suggestions:
------------------------------------------
1. Ability to show all the board's polls on one page

2. When a person votes, have it display what they voted for , not just the comment. For instance, I get comments that say "I agree" but no indication of what they voted on.
-----------------------------------------

Thats it .

[ June 03, 2001 03:10 AM: Message edited by: rodster ]
i've have thought about recording which option a person votes for, but doing so you loose the anonymity that some people might want or require.

anyway, an idea would be to make classes of polls:
* Secret Polls
* Open Polls
* Polls w/ Write-In
* Polls which you can change your vote
* Polls that you can select more than one option.
* etc.

If anyone is seriously interested in these varieties or have some other suggestions, I would consider coding them up.
Well I would like the secret polls.

And a way to change your vote, or delete your vote all togather.
http://game-storm.org/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000295
where is my error??
i want the field bigger and vote or so in the field
thx for every help
anyone solved the 2 New Topic Button problem yet?
I solved it!! The 2 button New Topic Problem!!!

OK. the soloution!
In ubb_forum.cgi
Find where u added this
$new_topic_button .= qq(  $vars_wordlets{post_new_topic}); # olson

And alter $vars_style{BBTopic} to $vars_style{BBPoll}
so that the line looks like this

$new_topic_button .= qq(  $vars_wordlets{post_new_poll}); # olson

Well, I off to celebrate!
oh don't forget to clear your cache

[ June 03, 2001 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Cyberdude8472 ]
My suggestion is to make any poll topics show up at the top of a topics (per forum) list in a style not unlike the original Who's Online script. Would look kind of sexy =).

Ideally you'd show the polls subject and also the total votes so far, keeping it simply, yet attractive. This should ONLY be for topic display pages, it might screw up on others due to some people (myself) using Cat's Only etc.
Doesnt WORK! well first of all the New Poll image isnt even showing.. and polls never show up... and it seems everyone is having the same problem. :rolleyes:
Is the Rebuild Forum Stats bug still there or did some one fix it

ps: maybe you should add UBBPoll as a REQUIREMENTS

REQUIREMENTS: A full version of UBB 6.0 & UBBPoll installed laugh
ruph:
I think ubbdev.com is proof that it works.

Read Cyberdude8472 series of post ifs you are having problems getting the post button to come up. Make sure that there is an entry in all your var_style_X.cgi files for BBPoll.

indoe:
UBB Polls and Thread-Integrated Polls are quite different and exist independent of each other. You can probably use both if you'd like.

The rebuild bug was for the Search Index, I wasn't aware of a Forum Stat's Bug?? Anyway that's been fixed for a while and is included in the zip file.

Axel:
You can adjust the size of the poll table in public_poll_page.pl file. You probably shouldn't mess too much around with the results table, but you can play around with the ballot table.

I'm going to added some variables so you can adjust the size of the results from the control panel. Currently if you increase the size of the results table, the bar graph will not take up the full width it's cell.
Call me stupid, (and maybe I am !)

But when I try to make a new poll i get the following message

"You have used invalid characters in the Poll Options Field.

Valid Character include: Any Alpha Number Combinations with the following characters: ! - . , & '
» Please use your browser's back button to return. "

What am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks

[ June 05, 2001 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Paul G ]
I got the same exact results as Ruph.
Yes ! I was stupid, I found the straight line on my keyboard and it is working fine.

I would like to make a suggestion, and that is, can you make this hack compatable with the Hide Forum hack ? When trying to make a poll in a hidden forum, I get the following message

Error -- Email Olson & Report the Following Error:

The C:/inetpub/wwwroot/ubbforum/ubb/Forum14/000006-vote.cgi file could not be opened because: No such file or directory.

The file is there, but I don't think the script can see it because of the way the Hide Forum hack works.

Many Thanks

[ June 05, 2001 07:21 AM: Message edited by: Paul G ]
see.. even Ellen is having the same prob.. anyone actually got this hack to work!? i really want this hack!! I have a 6.04e UBB.. and every other hack i've installed worked perfectly.. cept this one...
quote:

ummm.. here...:) I am using the same instructions you guys are as well....
so i dont need ubbpoll installed?
Everyone needs to make sure they have DPK's wordlet dev kit installed, seems to be a common problem in both poll script installs. You can find it here:

http://www.nfscheats.com/users/DPK/scripts/cgi_perl/mods_wordlet_devkit_0.1.zip

Fairly easy to install, most finished modifications require this before hand...

We'll try to make the instructions to add this more visible.
dammit:

i thought i had it all working, clicked new poll button, went inside made a poll the thread had [Poll] at end and the discription, but the poll wasent there!!!

tryed this twice, and cleared my cashe 4 times, my forums http://www.cnc-revolution.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

please take a look to see if you can find out the problem...
is DPK's thing ur talking about the same as the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi? i already have that installed.. unless DPK's is a different one. I'll try installing it again..
ok.. i have tried and tried and i'm pretty damm sure i hacked everything 100% correctly!! the New Poll image wont isnt showing and the poll doesnt show up either when you post it... someone please help me!!! heres the link to my board http://www.demobreakers.f2s.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi frown

[ June 06, 2001 10:46 AM: Message edited by: ruph ]
quote:

yes. there are two differnet places where you can download it, which might confuse you. qasic modified my kit, but the file on his site and my site are exactly the same. mirroring the same file i guess you could say.
Code
quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ruph:
ok.. i have tried and tried and i'm pretty damm sure i hacked everything 100% correctly!! the New Poll image wont isnt showing and the poll doesnt show up either when you post it... someone please help me!!! heres the link to my board http://www.demobreakers.f2s.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi :(<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

^ are you sure you defined the image, look at your ubb style template(s).
ok kool.. i got it to work except not perfectly.. when i move a poll to another forum it disappears.. and hacks like Glow Name thing by Ramirez and Allow Admin to post HTML dont seem to take effect when you post a poll.. samething for avatar and my Rank name (Administrator) doesnt appear either.. but its kool. beta is beta laugh
HEEEEELP! it's like totally messing up my board.. take a lookie: http://www.thunderwave.net/community/ubb/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000004
can anyone help me? it's basically a problem with my public_poll_page.pl file.
Afterlab:
Simple solution. There are no spaces in between the bars when you create the poll.

You have Philly| |LA Lakers ...
You need Philly||LA Lakers ...

Ruph
The poll gets moved to the new location. I'll work on a way for it to look better after it has been moved. It will probably be a little graphic where the poll was saying ... "This polls has moved".

I also believe it says in the instructions that any modifications that you made to the public_topic_page.pl need to be made to the public_poll_page.pl. Do you have the lastest version?

[ June 06, 2001 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Olson ]
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$ ultimatebb.cgi $$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

###
### Find:
###

if(($in{ubb} =~ m/^(newtopic|submit_new_topic|get_topic|reply|submit_new_reply|get_ip|delete_topic|close_topic|open_topic|next_topic|transfer|transfer_topic|edit_post|submit_edit|forum)$/) && ($in{f} =~ m/^d+$/)) {

###
### Add in after newtopic: newpoll|newvote|
### The final product should look somthing like the following:
###

if(($in{ubb} =~ m/^(newtopic|newpoll|vote|submit_new_topic|get_topic|reply|submit_new_reply|get_ip|delete_topic|close_topic|open_topic|next_topic|transfer|transfer_topic|edit_post|submit_edit|foru m)$/) && ($in{f} =~ m/^d+$/)) { # olson

My 6.0 ultimatebb.cgi does not have that. Instead all the routines are in their own little function. Example:

if ($ubb eq 'newtopic') {
&WriteUserSession("$vars_wordlets_mods{whos_online_composing_topic} "$whos_online_name_of_forum"");
undef($who_online_subject);
undef($whos_online_name_of_forum);
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_new_topic.cgi";
&new_topic_page; exit;
} #end newtopic

if ($ubb eq 'submit_new_topic') {
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_new_topic.cgi";
&submit_new_topic; exit;
} #end submit_new_topic

if ($ubb eq 'get_topic') {
&WriteUserSession("$vars_wordlets_mods{whos_online_reading} "$who_online_subject" $vars_wordlets_mods{whos_online_in} "$whos_online_name_of_forum"");
undef($who_online_subject);
undef($whos_online_name_of_forum);
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_get_topic.cgi";
&get_topic($in{f}, $in{t}); exit;
} #end get_topic

What do I do??????

[ June 06, 2001 01:49 PM: Message edited by: PainLord ]
Upgrade.
LOL. Somehow I knew someone would say that. I have way too many hacks installed to upgrade.

What about this?

REQUIREMENTS: A full version of UBB 6.0
COMPATABILITY: 6.0 +
Maybe they are wrong laugh
Nah. They are not wrong. They just failed to mention, or perhaps they just didn't know, that you could totally skip that part in 6.0 and it will work. It did for me laugh

Everything else in ultimatebb.cgi I followed to a T.
hey thanks olson! but that wasn't my MAIN problem, my big problem was that the bottom line (registered, posts, location, ip) was in the column with my avatar hack, member name, ratings and so on.. How am I suppose to fix it? I have tried soo many things that I am about to explode. mad
I keep receiving compilation errors in ultimatebb.cgi even on the forum summary page. I'm running version 6.04e

When I add my in front of the
$is_a_poll = 1;

$st = $in{st};

$sl = $in{sl};

And take out
local( $is_a_poll = 0 ); # olson

the forum summary page works fine. Even if I do that when I click new poll the regular new topic page shows

[ June 06, 2001 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Divine Narcotic ]
the poll doesnt work with ubbnews hack.. the poll doesnt show in the news...
Anyone know why I get this long header message at the top of the poll when I call it via the exec cgi command on my main page. I get a similar thing in the whos online SSI hack as well. You can see the problem HERE ON MY HOMEPAGE . Anyone have any ideas on a fix for this? Also notice that the ubbnews which uses the same SSI call has no such header message.
afterlab:
That is an issue with tables. You are missing a rowspan="2" in one of the blocks.

find in public_poll_page.pl:

And in your next
block make sure rowspan="2" is included. I see from the html source code on your page that it isn't.

PainLord:
If you wanna send me an email, I'll look at your 6.0 problem a bit closer. ryan@si.fi.ameslab.gov

Divine Narcotic:
The $is_a_poll variable is VERY important. When you click the create a new poll, you use the SAME template and same cgi files as you do when you create a new topic. However, if it is a poll, which is signified by the value of the $is_a_poll variable, then a few extra options are available.

Adding a my is definitely not the answer because 'my' defines the scope of the variable to that file only. So my $is_a_poll has meaning ONLY in ultimatebb.cgi, but actually needs to have meaning in ubb_new_topic.cgi.

I'm not sure why your getting the error, and since I haven't upgraded to 6.04e I can't really test this out. However, I see that Allen is running it fine on 6.04e. smile

Try this:
remove: local( $is_a_poll = 0 ); #olson

replace that with:
local( $is_a_poll, $st, $sl );
$is_a_poll = 0;

Then remove the 'my' tags that you added ...

highaltitudeimports:
You are getting the http header printed. I'm willing to bet that if you look in your vars_config.cgi file you will find this number in there. '2452055.0517'

Some reason the header is getting printed. I'm sorry, I can't reproduce that error. What is the exact ssi call you are using?

[ June 07, 2001 06:05 AM: Message edited by: Olson ]
That didn't work... I still get this error message "Execution of ultimatebb.cgi aborted due to compilation errors." Maybe allen could tell me.

[ June 07, 2001 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Divine Narcotic ]
This is the exact call i'm using
Code
code:
try using other SSI calls.. like
Code
code:
Olson: Thanks man I appreciate that smile
But I'm good to go now and don't need no help. Like I said a few replies back, I merely skipped over that part and it worked flawlessly.

FYI, and anyone else who has 6.0 that may have the same problem I did, here is what I skipped:

Code
code:

All the other coding for ultimatebb.cgi I still did. tipsy
Hi,
Really looking forward to this hack and would like to install now, but after reading the warning about the posible preview post problems decided to wait and see if anything was sorted so that both mods would work together. Is there any plans to work around this problem? Or do i have to decide on one hack or the other?
Cheers.
Viking30

My UBB
I haven't installed the post preview on my board, so I can't really support it ... yet.

I'm planning on installing the post preview, so once I get around the problems, I'll update the install files.

Maybe this weekend? But probably next.
it would be great if you can add the following option:

Every user can vote only once. If someone tries to vote again, he gets an error message or so...

then your hack would be greater than now wink

(please, i need an option like that, its important, thx!!!)
I got the poll button and new poll page to work but now when I view a poll it shows a regular topic.

I have a question am I supposed to put "newvote" or "vote"?
Code
code:
i've used "newvote". and it works fine

[[dont forget my question wink ]]

[ June 08, 2001 04:14 PM: Message edited by: [JAM]Steel ]
I figured out how to replace the new topic words on the new poll page. But you'll need the mod wordlets.

################################
Open public_new_topic_form.pl
FIND:
# standard top of HTML page

ADD ABOVE:
if( $is_a_poll ) {
$topicpoll = $vars_wordlets_mods{post_new_poll};
$topicpoll2 = $vars_wordlets_mods{submit_new_poll};
} else {
$topicpoll = $vars_wordlets{post_new_topic};
$topicpoll2 = $vars_wordlets{submit_new_topic};
}

FIND (You will find it more than once)
$vars_wordlets{post_new_topic}

REPLACE WITH
$topicpoll

FIND (You will find it more than once)
$vars_wordlets{submit_new_topic}

REPLACE WITH
$topicpoll2

Open vars_wordlets_mods.cgi
FIND:
%vars_wordlets_mods = (

ADD UNDER:
post_new_poll => "Post New Poll",
submit_new_poll => "Add New Poll",

# That's it
[JAM]Steel
quote:
When a user has not voted, they see a ballot.
After the user has voted, they see the results.
They do not have the option to vote again. If they wanna try to vote again by using their back button and getting the poll's ballot again, they can ... however when they try to submit a second vote, they recieve an error message saying that they've already voted.

So I don't exactly see your point ...

Divine Narcotic
Good point ... It should be 'vote' not 'newvote'.
quote:

Vik, I have the post preview hack installed on 6.0, and this hack works fine with it with the exception of a minor bug. And that is if you preview your poll before you post it will say "Can Not Vote Without Comment" and not show you what your poll looks like. That little bug does not bother me because I have a test forum on my UBB that all my users test stuff in. I've also seen some people on here talking about compatability with the other Poll hack, the one admins create in the CP. I have that too and there is no problems.

[ June 08, 2001 11:07 PM: Message edited by: PainLord ]
well, it seems that you don't understand my problem:

a)When a poll is started, a user is seeing the ballot and he can choose one of the answers.
b)The User clicks on the vote Button. Then there is a page where he gets an information about his vote like "Your vote for No will be recorded. You also have the option to leave a comment that will show up like a reply. This is optional, so you can leave the message box empty.". Now he leaves a comment or not and clicks on the Add Reply-Button.
c)Instead of viewing the results now, UBB takes him back to the poll thread. There he can see the ballot again. He can vote and he can click on the Vote button again. By repeating these steps the user can vote agian, and again, and again, and everey vote will be reocrded and takes effect on the results.

I've never seen a page that tells the user that he can't vote again, and i've never seen a link to the results. When i want to see the reults, i must type in the URL manually.

Test it, for example here:
https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000982

Please answer, thx

[ June 09, 2001 02:35 PM: Message edited by: [JAM]Steel ]
There is another big bug !!

When you want to edit a reply in the poll, the poll will be deleted !!
Olson, You put a button that say s"post poll" right? well You did the wrong sized font, but it would look weird if it were the right size but hey. heres what I made that is the right size.
[Linked Image]
quote:
That never happens to me.. members can only vote once.. even after loggin in and out.. check it out.. http://www.demobreakers.f2s.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

it doesnt work with glow name or any other hacks that affect threads like stars etc... theres also bugs when moving the poll and editing it.. and it doesnt show up in ubbnews when you post it.. so theres ALOT of bugs but for now its good enuff.. am diggin it!
laugh
well, yeah i've checked it at your board ruph...

there it works fine, you're right..

but i can't explain why it doesn't work correctly at my board, and here at UBBDev it doesn't work, too. here i can vote as many times as i want...?!?

i've edited everything like it is described in the install.txt of the zip. ´possible that there are some mistakes in txt? or could my problem has enything to do with the chmod-ing of the poll cgi and pl file??

i dont know...
When I submit a poll I get a FYI message saying "You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist." Any ideas on what's wrong?
Thanks for this great hack !!:)
Works like a charme,and with some copy&paste from my public_topic_page.pl to the public_poll_page.pl the stars,avatar etc.. works to.
Loving it !!:)
it might be your cache.. UBBDev works just fine for me.. you might wanna cheq to see if your browser has cache enabled... whats the link to your board?
I installed this and noting comes up at all no "new poll" button or anything.
Hi guys,
Well installed and almost working fine. Even with preview post hack. Just one small problem. In netscape i get a "nbsp" in front of the poll items. This doesn't show when using IE. Any ideas on what i might have done wrong? Or a fix to this small problem?
Thanks.
Viking.

[ June 11, 2001 07:48 AM: Message edited by: viking30 ]
Hi,
Its ok i found the problem. sub print_ballot_option just took out the nbsp's
And works for me now.
Cheers.
Viking.
a part from the poll_install.txt:

quote:
what the hell is numer??

has it to be number?

why does my forum let the users vote as much as they want and doesn't show the results?

(it shows never the reults)
ruph: I mean my ubb. I installed the hack. and now when I submit a poll it says I'm attempting to access a page that doesn't exist.
dunno.. you might have hacked sumthing wrong.. it took my forever to get the hack working my self.. triple cheq the codes n stuff.. frown
[JAM]Steel
if($this_user_numer eq chomp($stat_line[9]) ) { $is_owner = 1; }

This line is actually going to be used for later options, mainly allowing the creator or admin/mod to perform special functions. It is actually not meant to be in the install directions, but it won't effect anything.
whens the next version coming out??.. you got alot of bugs to fix laugh great hack!
well, that doesn't matter, ok.

But i can't get the hack to work correctly, users can still vote when they want, and as much as they want. I've hacked every file 3 times, what am i doing wrong??

my previously installed hacks:

-HyperCells
-AIM/ICQ Status
-HTML in signatures
-Forum Statistics
Olson laugh Great hack man, it worked on first try for me smile

I would like to know 2 things:
  • I would like to disable special character check, my UBB run in Portuguese and we use a lot of special stuff, like ç á é à ã and others.
  • Is it possible to restrict the post of new polls to admins and/or moderators, or activate/de-activate poll in specific forums ?
Once more, great hack laugh

Thnx

gilfil

[ June 12, 2001 02:25 PM: Message edited by: gilfil ]
I think I'll try it when it can only be used on one forum at a time... smile I'll have some confused members :b they're used to ezblow :rolleyes:
I did got the folowing error:
Code
code:

To correct it is only necessary find out the following code:
Code
code:

One time on ubb_poll_ssi.cgi (line 16) and two times on ubb_new_reply.cgi (lines 95 and 458) and replace them by:

Code
code:

Well... at least it did worked for me.

Best Regards

Gilfil

[ June 13, 2001 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Knutt Ballz ]
gilfil i love you!!!

it works for me fine, now the hack is complete, thx!!!!!!!!!!!
ummmmmmmm

btw after i changed my files like gilfil did now everybody can press the back button of the browser after he has voted and its possible for them to vote again and this vote will be recorded too.

any solutions??
is not working 4 UBB 6.00 or 6.01 - test it in ultimatebb.cgi.

[melder - ]www.chat-board.de]
Leetle bug, most likely just not in the template: the person who starts the poll, their member status is not included under their name. It shows up in later posts if they reply to their own thread, but not in the first post that created the poll.
Is SSI required for this Poll hack???
Can we have a new release that incorporates some of the fixes since the last one? Still seems a bit buggy here and there by ready through these threads.
wow, ive tried fresh 3 times and I just cant get this mod to work. Ive never had trouble on a mod before this!

1: The picture poll_ot.gif never shows up in the forum or cp.cgi

2: I dont really know how to install the dev kit

Perhaps there are some advanced step by step instructions somewhere?

Thanks guys. It looks like an awesome mod.
I am getting compilation errors, dammit!

I am using 6.05 AfterShock edition and it doesn't seem to like part of the poll hack in ultimatebb.cgi.
Tons of changes and security fixesmade since then.

You should really upgrade!
bah, I can't upgrade, I've hacked this thing to hell.

btw, what IS the latest version?
quote:
6.04f
hows this log the votes is it by ip or username
hi, i'm going crazy.. installed everything correctly, however whenever i start a poll it reads out as a regular message, with no poll to vote in at all. i understand that the preview hack might cause some trouble. could this be the culprit?
ok, solved some of my problems with this hack. first of all my predicament was that i use the preview post which i like very much. i didn't want to take it out for various reasons. the first time i installed the poll hack i got an omnious "votewithnocomment" message on the preview window. my workaround was to disallow users to preview their messages while posting a new poll:

in public_new_topic_form.pl:
Code
code:

in vars_wordlets.cgi:
Code
code:

if you're concerned about the registration date not appearing below your name when you start a poll, do this:

Code
code:

for those of you who use avatars simply uncomment the two lines mentioned in public_poll_page.pl.

lastly, if you're not using the custom rankings/status hack:

in the same file:
Code
code:

you can fix the order of the variables (those that start with the dollar sign) in that file to match to your liking.

if you guys wanna to try a demo to understand what the hell i'm talking about go to http://www.textcentral.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi and log in as test/test. hope i helped someone. please note that i'm not a cgi expert at all so maybe i blindly added some unnecessary code. Ciao! smile

[ June 23, 2001 01:01 AM: Message edited by: drew ]
I don't know if im allowed to post here or not. its my first time on this board. smile

oK, i installed the poll hack. But it won't show up on my ubb. Y is that? I done all the coding right. Every bit. I double checked. anywayz. here is the link to my ubb
http://www.twistedanime.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

url to poll on my ubb
http://www.twistedanime.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=000002

pleaz reply as soon as possible.... thnx
I have pretty muc check all the files 3 times but I cant find the problem.
I don't see the poll Table in the thread. I click on 'New Poll", create a poll and add comments but in the post only comments show up no poll.
I never get to see the poll Table for the 5 options I had selected. Is there like an ON / OFF switch somewhere wink
check your ubb_lib_posting file. look for "#now we have $cat_line1 for breadcrumb".
About three lines below that see if it appears this way:

require "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/Templates/public_poll_page.pl"; # olson$counter = 0;

it should be:

require "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/Templates/public_poll_page.pl"; # olson
$counter = 0;
Thanks Drew, that did it.
I am able to get the poll to show up in a thread, I can get the choices to appear, and I can click on them to vote. However, after I have voted, the standard reply page appears. I never get the vote to actually be acknowledged. Can anyone point me to the name of the file where my error is likely to be? Thanks!
i'm positive the error must be in your public_new_reply_form.pl file. make sure that you installed the hack correctly in that file. upload it to your noncgi/Templates directory.
::Runs off eagerly to double check that file::
Nope, I remodified that one and it didn't help frown What is the CHMOD for the new files? Maybe I've done that wrong? Any other hints? Anyways, thanks for trying!
After you vote you are supposed to get a standard Reply message for Comments. And then when you open the topic you see the results.
I am sure you have covered this ground but just making sure in case you missed it smile
After I post my vote, with or without comments, it always goes back to the "send reply" form. It never lets me get beyond that. No vote is ever recorded either, when I go back to check on the topic.
404 on the download link frown
Sorry Travis ...

I've had to switch ip addresses. I editted the DNS entry so just try back on Sunday afternoon.
great hack olson

too bad i'm not a ubb master and can't sort out my own problems

any way my problem is i cannot get the poll to show, all it shows is the comment

can you help please?

http://www.battlerap.f2s.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

use forum 1 to test, i've tried lots but cant get it too work.
(once more)

check your ubb_lib_posting file.

look for:

"#now we have $cat_line1 for breadcrumb".

About three lines below that see if it appears this way:

require "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/Templates/public_poll_page.pl"; # olson$counter = 0;

it should be:

require "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/Templates/public_poll_page.pl"; # olson
$counter = 0;
In ubb_get_topic.cgi, I am instructed to find the line that begins:

if (($vars_misc{use_cache} ne 'no')

However, mine begins instead:

if (($_[0] ne $winforum)&&($vars_misc{use_cache} ne 'no')

Is that a problem?

[ June 24, 2001 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Ellen ]
you ever gonna release an upgrade for this?? everyone is having the same problem and its soooo hard to install! i had to install and uninstall for about 5 or 6 times to get it working! and the installation is long too! but its sweet when you finally get it to work laugh
ellen, i couldn't find that line anywhere in my ubb_get_topic file. what version are you on? you should upgrade to 6.04f.

can everyone place a link so that i can see what's going on in each of your cases?
don't ask me about an upgrade. ask olson.
Yeah an upgrade is needed to include all the fixes, it's diffecult to follow the thread and find what matches your various problem(s).
Thanks for all your help. I did get it up and running with your suggestions. However, when I did a number of the members of the board reported script errors that caused their browsers to crash so I had to uninstall the modification. Do you have any other reports of this, and, if so, is there a cure? The mod was wonderful and I was looking forward to using it frown
This hack ROCKS and my users are going nuts making their own polls and creating great topics for discussion!

Great hack and a must-have!!
I'll get an upgrade out sometime next week. Right now I'm having ISP problems so access to the zip file will be limited.

I'll spend some time this weekend trying to make this hack easier to install.

Olson
hmm can you make somewhere a temporary downloadlink? that looks interesting i want to test it wink
a shw would be great wink
mhh

now the poll hack is working @ my board. but now i can't add any new templates because the CP wants to have that i submit the name for the "post new poll"-graphic and at the create new templates -page isn't a field where i can enter the name for the graphic. so i recieve an error when i submit. Can anyone plz tell me how to add the requested field and which files i have to edit...?

[EDIT:] Well, it's okay i solved my little problem. i was very stupid to post it here because it was such a little change in cp_add_new_template.pl and i didn't think about what i have to do. so forgive a stupid little amateur wink

[ June 26, 2001 06:12 PM: Message edited by: [JAM]Steel ]
Any chance of this working one day for only one forum at a time? Not rushing, just curious to know if it's a possiblity smile
question:

Code
code:

so... it should be newpoll|newvote| or newpoll|vote| ?

tks
other question:

###
### Find:
###

# grab topic stat line
@stat_line = split(/||/, $this_topic[0]);

It appears two times on ubb_new_reply.cgi .... witch one to use?

tks
quote:
Yes, more of us need to know that about how to modify the special character check.
A lot of languages uses special characters in almost every word, in Norway we use æ, ø and å a lot.
it has allways worked for me, but now that i have switched hosts, it gives me error's.

when i try to make a new post, reply or edit it gimes me a no permission error.

this is the error i get with making a new post:
Software error:
Can't open: Permission denied at /usr1/home/sezmar/cgi-bin/ubb_new_topic.cgi line 433.
the link is broken, where can i download this hack?
can anyone please send this great hack to [email protected]
i would greatly appreciate it, thank you~
I have an unusual problem in that the poll table fails to display sometimes. In its place are the words "WriteBallotOrPollHere"

If I refresh the poll table will display.

Take a look:

[Linked Image]

Any suggestions?
Can someone help me with the problem shown above?

I also have another quesrion... How can I set the width of the table that displays the poll results?
If you are running the Hidden Private Forum hack by e@sy, you'll experience a problem if you post a poll in a private forum. Here's the fix for it.

In your cgi-bin directory, there is a file called ubb_poll_ssi.cgi. Open up this file in your favourite text editor.

Code
code:

[ June 29, 2001 02:21 PM: Message edited by: GeSpot ]
Sorry, wrong forum LOL tipsy

[ June 29, 2001 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Dementedferrit ]
Can someone please post a link to the hack. Thank You
great hack! only at the 5th time i made it!!!

only 3 little questions:

1) how can i terminate a poll?
2) If i do not reply to the poll, only vote, i can't see the results directly on the thread?
3) how can the member who started the poll, see directly at the thread the results?

Thanks wink

[ June 29, 2001 06:58 PM: Message edited by: click ]
is there any relations between this and Jordos UBB Intergraded Poll?? http://www.jordodesigns.com his hack is really nice and very easy to install!.. they should combine the two..

Also, i was just wondering if there was a MHK format of the hack for Multi Hack.. seems everyone is having trouble installing it since theres so much steps in the instruction! it would save alot of us time if you could make an MHK format of the hack smile
quote:
It looks almost the same because it's based on the same hack.
yah.. i thought it was an upgrade of this hack since it was version was 1.5.. or maybe it is? :rolleyes:
I havn't seen this asked in this post at all, but I could be wrong. Here I go anyway...

When I installed it, ( here ) the registrations date doesn't show up, nor does it on the other UBB's I've seen it installed on. I tried customizing it a little and couldn't get it figured out. Anybody know how I would resolve this?
wow! jordos Intergraded Poll works like a charm!! couple of problems i found was when moving the polls to other forums the polls will no longer show up.. only the topic (same thing happens with this hack) also when posting a poll the tables dont show up right and instead of Add New Poll it still says topic (not much of a biggie) If your having problems installing the Thread-Intergraded Poll then you should try jordos.. it took me like 6 or 7 times to get the Thread Intergraded to work properly but its worth it! hers a demo of my Test Board smile

is there an official topic of this hack? i hate to talk about it in the wrong thread.. sorry
Da, anything works in my board. Take a look at https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000307#000010
Hack link is broken, please post a new one.
It seems to be a gerat hack !!

...but the Link is down. Could someone please upload the hack again or e-mail it to me ? I think an upload would be better laugh
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LK:
Da, anything works in my board. Take a look at https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000307#000010 [/QUOTE ]

Thanks LK, I'll fix it all up when my damn net works...
I finally got it to work for me, but I had to add this additional step:

to cp_add_new_template.pl

under:

&RegField (qq!Post New Topic Graphic

!, "BBTopic", "", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{BBTopic}");

add:

&RegField (qq!Post New Poll Graphic

!, "BBPoll", "", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{BBPoll}");
You're right...
lunatic, back up to page five of this thread you'll see how i solved the date problem.
The link is broken. Does anybody has a new one?
The link for the download does not work, can you post another one????????
thx nico
Word To the wise about 'Jordo's' Integrated Polls v1.5 http://www.jordodesigns.com. IT will work for awhile, but then for some reason it comes up with the following:

"Software error:
Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at /home/*****/******/ubb2/Forum21/000352.poll line 13.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@*****.co.uk), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. ; Content-type: text/html

Software error:
[Tue Jul 3 10:05:13 2001] ultimatebb.cgi: Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at /home/*****/******/ubb2/Forum21/000352.poll line 13.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@*********.co.uk), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. ;"

The file itself is properly structured and so why it can't see that I don't know. Shows how the script hasn't been updated for the latest codebase, suffers similar problems to Beta 1.

Anyway hopefully v1.5 of this poll software will come out soon and we'll finally have a truly bug free survey system. But when? need a bug fix release! =)
i wish Jordo would upgrade his Intergraded Poll hack... i like the way it was made.. you can edit polls and could even disable it in CP.. its almost like vB's poll feature included with the board! which is awesome! smile
i noticed the link was broken!.. for those of you who want the hack you can download it here.. Thread Poll smile
quote:
Thx a lot, ruph! Really nice of you... smile
Guys just to let you know that after I did a detailed report to Jordo reguarding his v1.5 Integrated Polls, the " ' " bug is now fixed.
This is so popular that every idiot is making a stupid poll. Can I limit it to mods and admins only? I can't find anything in CP.
haha yah true.. people post nothing but polls! i dont think theres any CP Setting for it.. i wonder when he's gonna upgrade it :rolleyes:
quote:
And just these instructions are the only reason that i can't go on with it.
Sure, i know it has something to do with the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi but what....! How to install the devkit? If explained in dutch maybe it will make sense. wink
I guess I am an idiot!

I tried installing this hack on my board (which had a dozen or so other hacks installed too) and it did not work.

So then I created a test board with no hacks and cannot get it to work properly there either!

When I create the poll it puts a double blank post from no one in the thread too.

Then when I respond to the poll, my comments are double posted between the poll and the two blank posts. If my other tester responds to the poll his comments are double posted after mine but before the two blank posts.

The poll works otherwise.

You can look at the test board and what is happening: http://www.iambornagainru.org/ubbtest/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

I just did another test...

When I create the poll it puts up a blank post by no one with the poll right behind it by no one.

As soon as anyone responds is makes the first post and the poll by the creator and then moves the two empty posts down.

Any ideas would help, thank you!
If you would like to log in and try it for yourself username is: tester pswrd is: tester

or you can just register - i have it set to give you your password right there

[ July 08, 2001 08:09 PM: Message edited by: CaCoffin ]
ok

I uninstalled the poll mods and every thread is as it should be...

So that means the error is in the routine that is getting the topics and displaying them right?

Which is ubb_get_topic.cgi right?

Or would it be somewhere else?
I hate to ask this, for fear that everyone will mock me, however, what special things must I do to install this on UBB 6.0 Gold?

License ran out, and got too many hacks to worry about updating to a newer version..

Thanks in advance...
The server where the mod is hosted is non-existant...
quote:
I uploaded it to my server so you can download it here

http://www.ultanime.net/ubb/hacks/thread-polls.zip
I had what I thought was the problem posted and looking for an answer.

However something went off (or is that on?) in my head and I tried something else and now I have the poll program working 100% on a test board that has nothing else installed!!!

In the instructions there is a reference to custom_status

I removed the reference to custom_status as follows:

Code
code:

I changed that to:

Code
code:

(Taking out $custom_status)

AND

in the file public_poll_page there is a section that should be commented out IF you do not have the custom status and avatar hacks installed

Code
code:

actually I just deleted the whole section but remarking it out would be better in case you install those hacks later on

What is missing from these instructions is that we (the "idiots" who don't know better) should go into the poll files and uncomment the code that needs to be uncommented IF we have the avatar and custom status hacks installed.

I realize now this is the problem I was having with my board when I tried installing this hack previously.

So now I will attempt to install this hack on my board (that has the avatar and custom status hacks already installed on).

This has been a very educational process to say the least! And even though it has been many hours of banging my head on the desk, pulling my hair out, and wondering how stupid I can be, it has been fun through it all; especially when I eventually figured out what was wrong and could fix it!

Now I too can say, "Great MOD! Thanks and I look forward to future versions!"

Christopher
The Born Again Board

[ July 10, 2001 03:06 AM: Message edited by: CaCoffin ]
quote:
Thanks... wanted to check this one out. I haven't had much luck with any of the others.
Here's my problem:

[Linked Image]

As you can see, after I post the poll, this is what I'm getting. Since I'm really an idiot as far as perl goes, I have no idea what's going on. I click "new poll" type a subject, type the option, type a comment, post it, then when I go to look at it, I get this. Check my board out if you want: matt.dynodns.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi .

Oh man... that's not all that happened, it also blanked out the first post in every single thread and moved it to the place where the latest post would be in that thread... what the hell did I do wrong? And to make things even more interesting, those blank posts that are in every thread don't move at all. They always stay at the bottom of the thread. It's looking like maybe I screwed up while copying some of the code. If anyone has an idea what I should doublecheck or how I could fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I'm running version 6.0 and I skipped that 6.04 specific section of the instructions. Other people said it worked for them, though...

Okay, I've fixed all the code (as far as I can tell, I've gone over it twice) and now my name and stats show up when I post a poll, but now just the poll itself is missing.

[ July 10, 2001 06:52 PM: Message edited by: PowerMatt ]
quote:
No problem smile.
quote:
This was the root of my problem... can't believe I missed that.
I have a suggestion, is it possible to edit a poll?
Just a quick question, is this hack still being worked on? I haven't seen any messages from Alan or Olson for quite a while now. Not rushing just wondering.

notta
it appears ryan believes it works to his liking and isn't developing it anymore...

jordo is developing a similar modification that surpasses this one in administrative control, so you might consider that one if you are looking for ongoing support. As it is, this one does work if it's installed correctly.
Ok, well then here is my problem. Ex:
3 pictures to vote on in a thread.

User A: Posts the poll with 3 pics.
User B: Votes and types a reply.

Open the thread and you see 2 posts the orignal on the bottom with 3 pics and User B's post on the top also with 3 pics and the voting standing but no reply that he wrote.

Now User C comes along and votes and now he is on the top looking like User B in the previous post(3 pics and no reply) but now User B's post is in the second positon is now the way it should have been when he posted orignally.

Bottom line, your reply is not shown until the next person votes. I had to tell everyone not to reply in the reply box I would just create another thread for comments. Clear or garbage? smile

notta
Ok, LK helped me clear something up in the chat room, but I still have the problem that if a person replies in the reply box then their reply will not show up until a new person votes. I undestand now that the images repeat on the most recent reply, but I wish there reply would show. Too confusing, see for yourself. Make sure to reply in the box.

nm the room is password protected.

notta

[ July 18, 2001 12:33 PM: Message edited by: notta ]
ERRR! This hack is soo long and I have done it for like 8 times and it never works! Can anyone install it for me? Possibly you, Allen? Well contact me, or reply, I would willing to pay as well.
I get this error:
You did not complete all required fields.
You did not complete: TemplateName

I was editing my template.
Never mind, look above

[ July 19, 2001 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Teleknesis ]
nevermind

[ July 19, 2001 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Teleknesis ]
Hey tele, I am no expert, so this may be wrong but it is worth a try.

Check in your mods wordlets (or whichever one you have the polls wordlets in) and look at the last 2 lines.

Do they say:
Code
code:
thanks, but I already fixed it, now it's on my first problem.
Anyone want to install mine? I will pay ya, if ya can. laugh
Bump ^
Is the hack still available at the link above? I'm getting a "page can't be displayed".
Oooops, double posted

[ July 22, 2001 12:45 AM: Message edited by: XPerT ]
Hi! When will this hack be out of beta? I am highly interested in it.

thanks!
yeah, why cant we download it, was it taken down on purpose?
Is this planned to be imported to 6.1? I loved this hack, and wish it could be expanded and improved. But just being on 6.1 would satisfy me enough, i guess.
can anyone post the file again, it is down, i am interested in it, and a question:

has anybody a solution for me, because i can't use the SSI CGI Commands exec_cgi and include virtual for cgi files.

please, it is important!

thx.
BUG

du u have a member like [ Satan´s Sister ] ... ?
a member with "´" apostrophe inside there name ?

can u change it - in "ubb_poll_lib.cgi" ?
**** .. broken link
can somebody upload this hack again?!
i need this hack!!

thx!
Obviously Olson has ceased development of this modification... if it were me, I'd use jordo's since he is continuing to support it. smile
https://ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001256

not sure if this was the polling feature being mentioned
When I install UBBPoll, i have found one big problem...

in poll install file is text:

### OPEN cp_common.pl

###
### FIND:
###

document.writeln("");

###
### ADD below:
###

document.writeln("");

###

So but in my UBB cgi-bin directory hasn't cp_common.pl file!
because it's in the templates directory :rolleyes:

Could somebody please post a working link to this hack. And please, don't send me to jordo's hack.

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Mewtwo ]
Doesn't anybody have this hack? please......
This modification has been unsupported by the author for more than a couple of months now. There's nothing we can do about it.

There's also some issues in regards to it breaking the search on your site...

I am gonna close this thread since it is unsupported and has known serious issues. If you really must have polling, please use jordo's version or wait until it is included in the base code smile We'll be moving this thread out of here in the next couple of days to give everyone time to read it. If the author returns, we can open a new thread to support it.

We apologize for any inconvenience, thank you for understanding.