UBB.Dev
Posted By: jordo [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 11:26 AM
This addon will add a calendar to your Ubb. It will also add a new profile field for birthdays which will show up on the calendar, and integrate the calendar with posting in a selected announcements forum. its all templatized and wordletized, and adds a CP interface.

LINK: http://www.multihack.com/lk/download.cgi?f=calendar19.zip

LK has now taken over development of this modification as i dont have the time to continue work on it myself. thanks LK, i really apreciate it

[color:#000000" size="1][ 01-05-2002 02:18 PM: Message edited by: LK ][/color]
Posted By: Spitz Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 11:34 AM
when i add an event it takes me to a 500 internal error
Posted By: Sonic2k1 Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 12:29 PM
Demo available?

Greetings
Posted By: Salmon Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 12:30 PM
I got this error:
Software error:
syntax error at /home/sites/site141/web/ubb-cgi/calendar/p[Sat Jun 9 12:32:13 2001] ultimatebb.cgi: syntax error at /home/sites/site141/web/ubb-cgi/calendar/public_calendar_events.cgi line 2, near "Public chat" ublic_calendar_events.cgi line 2, near "Public chat"
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

if i look at the files in the /calendar dir they looks like this:
%events = (
Public chat => "2452072",
);
1;

and:

%event_desc = (
Public chat => "This is only a testpost",
);
1;

this happend after i added a event to the calendar.........

Sal
eek

[ June 09, 2001 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Salmon ]
Posted By: Balbanes Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 12:53 PM
Very cool.

A good idea would be making spaning events. Admins and mods could span a message over a series of days. It would save the admins the trouble of adding the one event on 4 different days.

I was wondering, can users view past events and dates on the calender? Because if so then you could add many features like 1, 2, 3 year anniverseries, 1000, 10000 post anniverseries, mark when new admins/mods joined the forum team, stuff like that.
Posted By: boondock Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 1:41 PM
Tested on 6.04e and no problems

[ June 11, 2001 11:05 AM: Message edited by: boondock ]
Posted By: air_borg Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 2:09 PM
Much needed facility Jordo, and yes was very easy to install, however as with previous posts I had 'similar' issues.

Upon further tests, there are a couple of annomolies:

• Add event defaults to the NEXT day, have to reselect the date to be entered for today.
  • First event added worked fine, second event wipes out previous event entry
  • Enter a space or special character in the title and it comes up with the syntax error as previously described.

Otherwise a GREAT addition and a much sought after one by us, keep it comeing laugh

Using ver 604d

[ June 09, 2001 07:10 AM: Message edited by: air_borg ]
Posted By: dbode Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 5:02 PM
Hi,

yes, this is really great - go on developing, I think this hack will be one of the best UBB hacks when finished.

Dennis
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 8:35 PM
Salmon - error fixed, reupload ubb_lib_calendar.cgi and the 2 files in the calendar dir.

Balbanes - yes your can view any past events, those are some very good ideas and i will most definetly try to incorporate them by the next version or so! smile

boondock - i hope you meant "no" problems laugh

air_borg - fixed the day dropdown box, not sure about the adding a second event problems, i havent been able to replicate that hopefully it was related to the space/special chars bug which is now fixed.

you may now include any space or special character except for exclamation points (it will give you a FYI message if you try to put one in). zip updated like i said above, just upload ubb_lib_calendar.cgi to upgrade.
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 10:42 PM
quote:
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 10:59 PM
MasterMind - thats just a require call that failed so either the file is corrupt/not there, or the 1; is missing at the end. open up public_calendar_events.cgi and it should look like this:

Code
code:

im almost done with making the main display of it templated, and wordletizing it, so there'll be a new version later today.
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 11:01 PM
jordo --
Uploaded the file, loaded the calendar. After a failed attempt at adding an event, no more 1;
Posted By: Djnemesis Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/09/2001 11:21 PM
any demos or screenshots, i'm at work and i suck that's why i need a screenshot / demo.

Ok, so i stole that line from " bad boys " .. but hey.. it sounded cool.

original quote " i'm a comedian and i suck , that's why i need ya car "
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 12:01 AM
demo?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 12:28 AM
i didnt post a demo cause its continually changing (and im testing it on a non-connected webserver), but here are a few screenshots from the version that will be coming out later today.

Top of the Calendar Page:
http://www.jordodesigns.com/calendartop.gif

Bottom of the Calendar Page:
http://www.jordodesigns.com/calendarbot.gif

Add a new event page:
http://www.jordodesigns.com/calendarevent.gif
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 1:47 AM
zip updated to 0.9d
Changes:
various bugfixes and new error checking when posting an event.

completely templateized and wordletized.

To upgrade:

upload the following files, overwriting the old ones (if they exist):
ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi
public_new_calendar_event.pl
public_calendar_display.pl

upload public_event_posters.cgi to your "calendar" directory.

add the new line in ultimatebb.cgi (the require line, not the first addition)

do the modifications for all files in instructions after ubb_lib.cgi (thats cp.cgi, cp_wordlets.cgi, and cp_common.pl

upgrade complete.
Posted By: NitroSimSev Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 2:07 AM
Guys,

I just installed the Calender Mod and when I go to ad an event I get the following error. Please help cause I dont know what to do.

syntax error at /www/nitrosim/cgi-bin/calendar/public_calendar_events.cgi line 2, near "FC Challenge"

Here a link to my ubb http://www.nitrosim.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 2:43 AM
can you cut and past the contents of public_calendar_events.cgi here? that would help.
you used the latest version (0.9d) i assume?
Posted By: NitroSimSev Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 3:06 AM
Jordo,

I have gotten it to work. Its seems to only work when the Subject is 1 word. It Will not take say a subject as "TVM FC Challenge"

Also is there ar way to restrict access to on admins?
Posted By: NitroSimSev Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 3:09 AM
Jordo,

I downloaded it this morning. I didnt notice that you have updated it already... Lemme see if that fixes the problem with the subject.
Posted By: NitroSimSev Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 3:34 AM
Jordo,

Here you go....

%events = (
TVM Challenge => "2452071",
);
1;
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 5:15 AM
NitroSimSev - edit that file and put quotes around TVM Challenge so it looks like "TVM Challenge" that will fix it. the newest version does this automatically so you should be able to put spaces in with no problem.
Posted By: NitroSimSev Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 2:28 PM
Jordo I upgraded to the newest version off the link above and it still does it.

I got this error this morning...

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
syntax error at /www/nitrosim/cgi-bin/calendar/public_calendar_events.cgi line 2, near "Kick Off"
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I will go in and put the "" around it.
Posted By: air_borg Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 8:50 PM
Comeing along nicely, previous bugs I had encountered, seem to have been resolved. Great work so far.
Posted By: CyKuH Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 9:06 PM
Great work !
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/10/2001 10:16 PM
NitroSimSev - i looked at your board and from the display it doesnt seem to be the latest version... the latest version looks like the screenshots i posted above. reupload ubb_lib_calendar.cgi make sure it overwrites the old file...
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 1:21 AM
still screwed up.. not returning a true value.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 1:48 AM
MM - it messed up only when you tried to add an event and that didnt work? did it say it had added the event then give that error or did it say anything else? this is persistent even in the new version? - did you upgrade or clean install to the new version?

sorry im answering with so many questions, but i cant replicate the bug in any way. smirk
Posted By: NitroSimSev Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 1:56 AM
It Work now that Jordo.....

Question:

How can I restrict the access to only admins?
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 2:04 AM
It happens. I dont know why.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 2:05 AM
NitroSimSev - in ubb_lib_calendar.cgi:

Code
code:

[ June 10, 2001 07:06 PM: Message edited by: jordo ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 2:18 AM
MM - try deleting all the old files and upgrading cleanly to the new version. i dont know what could be going wrong frown sorry
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 2:21 AM
let you know..
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 3:42 AM
Excellent work Jordo, really looking forward to the birthday field integration laugh
Posted By: Jigga-Master Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 7:38 AM
wierd question

everything wrks fine when i dont add any events
i add an event boom it doesent loasd the whole page. i try to remove the problem which is only $standard_title_table n it give me n error
wierd eh?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 9:09 AM
jigga - upgrade to latest, you have an old version of ubb_lib_calendar.cgi. sorry, i know im changing versions as fast as infopop is changing ubb versions hehehe. smile

zip updated with new version 1.0a

a few little bugfixes/touchups and
The new feature:
Member birthday integration.
members can now edit their profile to add a birthday. the birthday profile field is field 55 so it will be ubb6.1 compliant (thanks allen wink ). newly registering users will also be able to set their birthday when they register. the birthdays are automatically added to the calendar events list, with a nice description. changing your birthday will delete your old birthday entry from the calendar and replace it, so no worries. laugh
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 9:14 AM
to upgrade from 0.9d

do all the modifying instructions from ubb_lib.cgi down, the files are:

ubb_lib.cgi
ubb_profile.cgi
ubb_registration.cgi
public_edit_profile.pl (Template)
public_register_page.pl (Template)

reupload ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 9:19 AM
YES!!

This and polls have been a "pet" project of mine for many months jordo... thank you thank you thank you :D:D:D

About the only feature that might be added would be to have a field in the announcements forum that you could type a date in to correspond to the announcement and the title for the announcement (or a secondary "event title") would appear in the calendar with a link back to the announcement - this might prove to add too much complexity to it, but just a thought smile

excellent work tho... laugh
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 9:23 AM
Allen - that shouldn be too hard, i'll try to get it in by the next version.
Posted By: Jigga-Master Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 5:14 PM
workin perfectly now
thanks

had to do some mods to the add new calendar thjough
fixed the html n stuff
if u want the completed .pl file just ask
Posted By: wardx28 Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 5:48 PM
Had to add (birthday) to vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi

Still can't get selection boxes to show up in public_register_page.pl (Template). Everything work fine for edit profile after adding the birthday to vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi but i only see \ in place of birthday selection boxes on registration.
Posted By: boondock Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 7:12 PM
I reinstalled the hack and again it is working (what a great hack) using ubb6.04e
laugh

but i have one suggestion to add

Add a notification to the main forum what is going on on that day

like : anonymous is turned 99 today
or : Today it is christmas

and everything else you added in the calendar for that day
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 7:25 PM
quote:
Good ideas Balbanes smile
Posted By: Jigga-Master Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/11/2001 8:46 PM
ima make a suggestion.......

and ssi part which calls the days events. if there is none it reads No events going on today!
or sdomething!
Posted By: gaulalauk Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/12/2001 2:06 AM
Jordo , very nice hack

I have discovered what may be a couple of bugs.

Using 6.04e, I have found this;
In the registerwindow, and in profile window, only the dropdownboxes for month, day and year shows up, no description text in the textfield.
I could`nt find an option for that in the wordlet either.

When I post an event in the Calender, my user_name (login name) shows up everywhere instead of my public_name.

Shall it be like that or what?
How can i change it?

gualalauk
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/12/2001 3:01 AM
gaulalauk - i forgot to include the latest vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi in the zip, sorry bout that its there now, or just add this line in that file after %vars_wordlets_calendar = (

birthday => "Birthday",

about login vs public names. i intentionally made it do login names, but once i get the Control Panel part of this mod together ill ad in an option for the admin to select which type of name is used.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/12/2001 11:09 PM
lookeeng good jordo! laugh

Might change the ubb_lib.cgi addition to the mainbuttons to a wordlet so it can be changed from the cp, right now the link is capitalized and the rest of them are not.
Posted By: geestyle Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/13/2001 3:09 AM
Nice scripts...very nice...:) thank you
Posted By: Balbanes Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/13/2001 1:47 PM
A idea-
Use CCS text bg highlighting to highlight the number of the day in the calender. (If it was the 23rd, highlight 23) That way you can tell the difference of the number between the events and text.

btw thanks allen smile
Posted By: Mike Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/13/2001 6:05 PM
I've installed the Calendar hack, and it seems to be running just fine.

However, there does not seem to be a way to access Calendar config options via the Control Panel. I suppose before I go even further, I should ask and confirm whether or not a Calendar config screen is even built-in at this point?

If it is available, then obviously I've mis-hacked a cp file somewhere along the line. Could someone please confirm.

Thanks,
Mike
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/13/2001 7:59 PM
Mike - theres no cp part in the latest version. there will however be a new version later today with CP and also a number of other new features and bugfixes/changes.

[ June 13, 2001 03:05 PM: Message edited by: jordo ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/13/2001 9:59 PM
OK, the zips are updated with the latest version - 1.1

i would recommend completely reinstalling the hack if you have a previous version, but if you dont want to do all that, you need to re-modify the following files:

cp_common.pl
cp.cgi
ubb_profile.cgi
ubb_registration.cgi

and modify the following:

cp_lib.cgi
ubb_new_topic.cgi
public_new_topic_form.pl

and upload (overwriting any existing ones) the following:

cp_vars_calendar.pl (Template)
public_new_calendar_event.pl (Template)

ubb_lib_calendar.cgi

vars_calendar.cgi
New Features in this version:
CP settings for who can post, special calendar colors, which forum to use as calandar announcements forum, and whether to use public or login names.

Integration with posting of new topics in a selected forum.

Birthdays now will show up every year, instead of just this year.

ubb_lib_calendar.cgi now has a subroutine that can be called from anywhere (after a require of the file of course), that given the event title, description, date, and username (username is optional) will add an event to the calendar. read the code for better description. if you dont know what this means then you shouldnt be trying to do it. smile

i cant think of what else is new right now.

What's coming/Todo
Admin editing of events
Some more integration (100 or 1000 post events, etc)
Fixes for any bugs that pop up.
Cacheing.
And Maybe private events (but its doubtfull)
Posted By: ElGuapo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/13/2001 10:21 PM
I look forward to adding this to our site tonight.. www.thegng.org excellent work, and thank you!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 1:08 AM
getting some syntax errors when trying to start a new topic... can you check it out?

Gotta leave for a lil bit, will be back
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 2:26 AM
allen - sorry there was a slight typo in the instructions, in ubb_new_topic.cgi it says
&do_add_event_general($in{topic_subject}, $julian_day,

that shouldnt be in there it should just be $julian_day,

zip updated
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 2:31 AM
i also updated the zip with a new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, it was being weird with displaying usernames of who posted so i changed it a bit, just upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi.
Posted By: Jigga-Master Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 3:02 AM
ive noticed an error its showing that i posted all the events and visa versa for you or anyone else........

Events forJune 14, 2001(Tomorrow)

Event Description Posted By
Testing Testing Jigga-Master

Scheduled Chat We will be having our second official scheduled chat from 7:00-9:00 PM Central Time today. If you'd like to join, just click over to https://ubbdev.com/chat/ and login. Jigga-Master
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 3:09 AM
ya thats why i updated the ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, i was trying to accomadate for people that choose to view by public names, seeing as the logs hold login names only, it didnt work so for now names are login only till i can figure out a better way to do it...
Posted By: Zackary Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 6:24 AM
Just finished adding this hack to my test board, http://test.sofguild.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi , looks awesome!

Suggestions for down the road:

Make the Birthday field optional, I don't know about anyone else, but my members aren't all big fans about having their birthdays public knowledge.

Also make the birth year optional for those who don't want others to know their age. tipsy

Last item, Admin deletion of events. (I suppose this falls under your todo list for Admin editing) If you let anyone add an event, who knows what might get posted? wink

Thanks for a killer hack. I was using a seperate script before on my site and plan to scrap that entirely for this one. smile

Two thumbs up!

[ June 13, 2001 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Chris ]
Posted By: gaulalauk Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 2:29 PM
jordo laugh

Excellent work [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] laugh

[ June 14, 2001 07:30 AM: Message edited by: gaulalauk ]
Posted By: Joker Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 5:23 PM
Tested on 6.04 and no problems. Good Work!
Posted By: dbode Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 7:51 PM
Hi,

there are more things which should not be used in the events except exclamation poings :
Code
code:

Well and I tried to change the names of the month because I have a german UBB but I didn´t find it in the templates - where can I change them ?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 8:14 PM
forgot about those, ill have it check for quotes in the next version.

you can find the months right at the top of ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, ill wordletize those for the next version hopefully.
Posted By: JZarate Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 8:47 PM
I haven't tried to install this hack yet, but is there a feature to change the font and it's size? The larger fonts wouldn't match my board at all.
Posted By: Zackary Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 8:50 PM
Hmm, can't have same item listed twice? One more suggestion to be looked at if it hasn't already been suggested.

i.e. Re-occurring events, happening 2 or more days in a row, or weekly events. smile

For example, I'd like to post a re-occurring event for every Friday. Can't do it, because it has the same name. frown

Just a suggestion. smile

Still love the calendar though. smile
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/14/2001 9:20 PM
Chris - because of the way data is stored (in a hash with the event name as a key) you cant have 2 events with the same name. i already have recurring events by year in place (birthdays) so it wont be to hard to expand that to weekly events, though i probably wont add daily events in.
maybe by the next version. my priorities (aside from bug-fixes) right now are cacheing and event moderation (deletion) so once i get those done ill try to add in all the requested features smile

[ June 14, 2001 02:24 PM: Message edited by: jordo ]
Posted By: notta Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/15/2001 8:16 AM
Excuse my ignorance on this one but how do you delete an event? Also, do you have to keep hitting next month or previous month to get to a certain month? Besides maybe not knowing how to use it, all is nice smile Thanks.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/15/2001 11:20 AM
notta - right now you have to edit the event out of the public_calendar_events.cgi file, im working on administrator event deleting for next version. maybe ill put a drop down month selection box in too, cause ya right now you have to keep clicking the button. smirk
Posted By: Rutto Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/17/2001 12:36 AM
Hi, that's a really useful hack.
I tried to install it on my board but when I try to go to Calendar from CP nothing happens... and when I click on "Calendar" in the forum a white page with nothing inside load...
What could be wrong ?
* Forget this problem, I'm a stupid boy and *
* I didn't upload the .pl files :(, now it *
* is perfect ! *

[ June 17, 2001 02:28 AM: Message edited by: Rutto ]
Posted By: Rutto Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/17/2001 9:15 AM
... and also... I think birthday in registration should be an optional field... else everybody will leave it on 1 st January 2001 (Default date) so you'll find thousands of bithdays in that day...
and it' also wrong that I can't post 2 events with the same title in 2 different days.

Thanks again

Rutto

[ June 17, 2001 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Rutto ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/18/2001 6:07 AM
You mean like this: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar&date=2451911

laugh
Posted By: Jigga-Master Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/18/2001 4:32 PM
lol laugh
Posted By: rbroome Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/18/2001 10:50 PM
Here is something you might want to trap for. We had a user register with a @ in the middle of his username.

When this happens, the script generates the error:
Software error:

In string, @rby::s now must be written as @rby::s at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/cgi-bin/calendar/public_calendar_events.cgi line 120, near "bib@rby's"

Editing out his entry in the public_calendar_events.cgi and public_event_desc.cgi is a work around until he make another entry or updates his profile again.

Thanks
Robert
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/19/2001 4:42 PM
Hey, VERY NICE WORK!

I installed this last night and I am having a problem with birthday links. I get a "No member profile found for member number" error when I select one.

Since the 1st day of the month is automatically selected, January is dead right now wink Other events work fine.

Does anyone know what I may have done wrong and/or how to correct it?

Jan - http://www.freakscene.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar&date=2451911

thanks,
jeremiah

ps - is there an option to edit an event?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/19/2001 5:21 PM
quote:
wink
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/19/2001 7:36 PM
Very Impressive hack .. When do you think there will be a feature to turn it on and off and just some cp features?
Posted By: DzeDom Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/19/2001 11:27 PM
I have noticed that every month that has someone birthday on the first day of that month and it'll have an error like Freakscene had.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 1:23 AM
rbroome - ya i forgot about that, ill fix it for the next version so it works right with members that have @ in their name (and i think $ and % will need to be fixed the same too).

freakscene - thats because one of the members with a birthday on that day has since been deleted. try this link:

http://www.freakscene.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar&date=2451912

see jan works fine just not that day. ill need to add a small portion so the member's birthday event is deleted if they are deleted. im working on the next version right now (i havent had much time lately) so ill be sure to add that, and make it optional so every member doesnt need to have a birthday entry.

Tech-Ni-Kal - no i wasnt planning on adding an on/off switch - hehe just install it or dont that can be your on off switch tipsy j/k. i might add it if people really want to be able to turn it off. i dont know what your asking about CP stuff though? yes, there are some CP features already. is that what you were asking about?

DzeDom - read what i said to freakscene smile

there'll be new version today or tomorrow with these bugfixes and some new features.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 1:55 AM
cool
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 3:09 AM
quote:

Thanks for the response jordo!

The thing is, I get that error when I click on ANY date with a birthday attached to it. Not just that group.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 6:21 AM
freakscene - i just updated the zip with a new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, upload it and let me know if that helps...
Posted By: Stilgar Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 9:37 AM
I like to see listed the members status: Administrator, Moderator, Member & Junior Member. Also have the ability to filter using these selections.

Maybe?

Great hack, btw!
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 2:07 PM
Bomb ass Hack Jordo!!!!
Works like a breeze smile
How can I change the font size to a smaller size?
Posted By: DzeDom Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 2:07 PM
thanks for the reply! laugh
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 2:38 PM
quote:
Thanks jordo, that fixed it smile Thanks!!!

Superb Hack!!!!!!! (as you well know wink )
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 3:55 PM
Hey jordo, looks like the new file is causing some errors when people try to update their profile( happening @ UBBDev too ). The changes are saved but it is giving this error:
quote:
Just FYI

[ June 20, 2001 08:56 AM: Message edited by: freakscene ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 7:26 PM
ok got it fixed (the problem was i slightly changed how it stores data and some old parts didnt like that).

instructions updated with this minor change, but just do the following to fix it (and upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi).

++in ubb_registration.cgi AND ubb_profile.cgi:

++find:

&do_add_event_general("$poster_name's Birthday", "$julian_bdayy", 0, "$poster_name was born on this day <--$in{bdayyear}--> years ago.");

++replace with

grrr, since ubb wont show the new code correctly, find &do_add_event_general in the updated instructions and replace the above line with the new line from the instructions.

[ June 20, 2001 12:30 PM: Message edited by: jordo ]
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 8:01 PM
Thanks again jordo! Fixed smile
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 8:22 PM
well, it worked for the first update but now when I try to view the calendar or update the files I am getting this error

quote:
Any suggestions?
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 8:28 PM
ok, I re-uploaded the files in the calender folder and it works. I think it was the old way the quote was handled from previously posted events/birthdays.

thanks again!!!
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 9:22 PM
yeah you will need to replace any ' marks in the 3 calendar data files with this : $#180
this should be done before you upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, or you could also just upload the blank data files.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 9:32 PM
will the uploaded blank data files refill from the members profiles?
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/20/2001 9:41 PM
quote:
Allen, I think he slipped in a fix for that. Looks like it does not add them in by default, but when they update their profile now. smile of course I may be seeing things eek

-- See my Jan 1 now http://www.freakscene.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar&date=2451911

[ June 20, 2001 02:42 PM: Message edited by: freakscene ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/21/2001 6:50 AM
new version: 1.2

to upgrade:
upload these files (overwriting the old ones) :
public_calendar_review.pl
ubb_lib_calendar.cgi

rehack these files :
ultimatebb.cgi
ubb_lib.cgi
ubb_profile.cgi
ubb_registration.cgi

whats new?
administrators can now delete events.
users can now choose not to have their birthday displayed (and can remove it if it already is).
bugfixes, some unecessary code removed from library file.
some other stuff that ive forgotten at the moment. smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/21/2001 8:09 AM
Looking good jordo...:)
Posted By: Spot Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/21/2001 1:22 PM
Way cool jordo! 'Cept now it doesn't like to see an apostrophe in the Event/Description.
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/21/2001 2:11 PM
Help I get this error after upgrading
quote:
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/21/2001 2:46 PM
OK I have it Going, I re upload the blank files, Is their a way to put the data for the public_calendar_events.cgi etc. back?
Posted By: DGMayor Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/21/2001 3:21 PM
I'm dying for a mod like this. I currently use a CGI Calendar script that I pretty much hate, but it's the only thing out there I could find.

Some of the things I'd love to see would be:
  • Ability to Turn on/off Birthdays in Control Panel (showing birthday's is something I could care less about)
  • Ability to set post access by account - Similar to setting up a forum so that only x members could post, but everyone could read (not sure exactly how you have it now)
  • Ability to edit/delete calendar events (I know you can delete now, not sure about edit)
  • Fix the inability to post two events with the same name wink

Every day it seems you add a new feature that I was looking for, so I figured why not post a list wink It's looking damn good though!
Posted By: lurili Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/21/2001 5:26 PM
Excellent hack, jordo. I too was getting the "No Exclamation etc..." error, but the new upgrade wiped it out. I love the new features you added. Hopefully you'll decide on adding an edit script to edit the events.. laugh
Posted By: Ramirez Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/22/2001 3:16 AM
Hey Jordo, great hack. However, that prohibited characters thing has got to go. If a member has a ' in their name right now and they check to have their birthday displayed, it goes haywire. And if you have a ton of people on your forums, you'll be bound to have someone with any single character you pick in their name. I haven't looked through the code to see why you can't use ', but if you can, it needs to be some odd combination of characters instead of that one common character.

Other than that though, it rocks. laugh
Posted By: Ramirez Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/22/2001 4:09 AM
Actually, it looks like you are already looking for apostrophes in some places, you just need to add a trap for them in member names.

[ June 22, 2001 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Ramirez ]
Posted By: PainLord Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/22/2001 10:41 AM
I can't get this to work. The calendar link won't show up in my $MainButtonsLine. The only part that shows up is the | immediately after the forum home link. It's like it can't read anything after that. Now I can call on the calendar manually by typing in "ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar". And I've noticed some things there too. The | immediately is after the forum home link like before, but there is no option link to add an event. I have to call on it manually by typing in "ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=add_calendar_event". The wordlets are installed because I see them in the CP. In my calendar settings in the CP I have it set to "Any Member may post new events". And finally, on my profile and new register the month, day, and year select boxes are there but again, the wordlets are not showing up to say what it's for. It's just a blank table. I know this is something simple but I am stumped right now.
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/22/2001 1:28 PM
Anyone knows how to Make it show up in Who is online?
Posted By: ScottRoberts Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/22/2001 7:22 PM
I've encountered another problem: The "Add a New Event" only lets you add the dates 1 through 30 in any given month. Is there any way to have it display the 31st in the drop-down select box for months that contain 31 days?
Posted By: Ramirez Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/22/2001 10:02 PM
quote:
Painlord, I'd suggest checking to make sure you put the require lines into all the files that need them. If you've already checked to make sure the wordlet files are there, that would be the next place I'd check.
Posted By: gaulalauk Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/23/2001 9:04 PM
Hello jordo laugh

Discovered two bugs I guess.

The one mentioned here before, that you cant select day 31 when adding an event, neither from the calendar add event form, nor the add event to calendar from the chosen forum that is enabled to add events to calendar.

Also, when adding a calendar event from within the forum which posters will be given the choice to add a calendar event when they post a new topic, the posters user/public name are not showing up in the calendar.

If event posted from within calander, the user/public name shows up.

Suggestion:
  • It would be nice to be able to choose/enable several forums to allow adding events to the Calendar.
  • Putting the naming of dates and months, and some other displayed textfields in the CP Wordlet, for us non english speaking people.

What about a contest for the best hack?
I definately vote for this one laugh laugh laugh

[ June 23, 2001 02:10 PM: Message edited by: gaulalauk ]
Posted By: PainLord Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/23/2001 11:08 PM
Thanks Ramirez. That worked smile
I discovered a bug too. If you make your event title into a link, it will add it but you can't delete it. Like if you put

[ June 23, 2001 04:11 PM: Message edited by: PainLord ]
My wordlet setting dropdown in cp.cgi is completely GONE!!! eek

Please help, please help.. can you just tell me what file controls that, then ill rehack it.. thanks

**** nevermind, fixed it.. stupid space between something and a < ****

[ June 25, 2001 12:59 AM: Message edited by: TripLe ]
Posted By: LWC Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/25/2001 6:14 PM
I really have been wanting this type of add-on. But I agree with one of the above post. I need to be able to restrict the users that can access it. Just like I restrict them to certain forums.

I saw in one of your pictures, it said access to adding events "may be restricted", can you actually do that?

Thanks
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/25/2001 7:04 PM
right now event posting can either be open to all members or restricted to only admins. thats what the "may be restricted" line means...

gaulalauk - you can change the month and day names at the top of ubb_lib_calendar.cgi...ill try to wordletize them all sometime.

event editing will be in the next version. we'll see about event posting rights by user.

[ June 25, 2001 12:07 PM: Message edited by: jordo ]
Posted By: Ramirez Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/25/2001 10:07 PM
Think you might be able to fix the bug with apostrophes in user names in the next version?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/26/2001 1:24 AM
yeah apostrophes will be fixed, and allowed in event titles and descriptions as well.
Posted By: freak.scene Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/26/2001 2:46 PM
Hey jordo,
Possible bug (or possible bad install on my part)
I have been noticing that when people on my board change their public name, it just adds another listing for their birthday as opposed to replacing the old one.

Has anyone else seen this on their boards?

<<< Example >>>

Another guy had 5 entiries but I deleted the 4 old ones.

just fyi

[ June 26, 2001 07:47 AM: Message edited by: freakscene ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/27/2001 6:39 AM
New Version: 1.3
zips updated

To Upgrade from last version (1.2):

redo:

ubb_new_topic.cgi
ubb_profile.cgi

upload:

ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
whats new?:

Editing of event (titles and descriptions) now possible.
fixes 30 days in dropboxes bug.
fixes usernames not showing up from forum integration bug (usernames are not supposed to show up for birthdays).
properly deletes old username birthday when users change their Public name.
fixed apostraphes in usernames, event titles, and descriptions.
proper handlink of links/html code.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/27/2001 7:43 AM
cool

gonna install this right now smile
Posted By: gaulalauk Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/27/2001 10:38 AM
Bugreport version 1.3 laugh

• Event addet from integrated forum shows up 27 days back in time in the calendar, and not TODAY, even if that is the default value preset in the add new topic page.
  • Event added from the integrated forum is not deleted or edited, when delited or edited in the calendar. (I guess this is not a bug, but just something I mention anyway)
  • The same goes if the message created from the integrated forum is deleted or edited from within that forum, nothing changes in the calendar. (I guess this is not a bug either, but it would be nice to have the effect that changes one place also take effect on the other place belonging to the same event)

Nice, nice , nice laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: dbode Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/27/2001 8:24 PM
Well, I updated from 1.2 and if I didn´t upgrade in a wrong way, there are still the problems with the characters. I used ´ for example, then I got software-errors (extremly important for french users I think, here in Germany, we don´t use it often ;-)

The second thing is that the events show up in times new roman in the detailed view.

But the other things work fine - I will try the profile and so on later...

Dennis
Denni
Posted By: Rinkrat Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/28/2001 4:01 AM
I just installed this and everything looks great but when I go to change the settings in CP I get no options on the settings page. I rehacked all the files that start with cp like cp_lib.cgi etc and still no setting options are showing up.?? Any clues on what is wrong?
Posted By: dizturbd Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/28/2001 4:28 AM
When i goto the Calendar page . . . it'sa blank screen, nothing pops up, do i need to post an event to make everything load up or what?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/28/2001 4:56 AM
Rinkrat & dizturbd - make sure you have all the new templates uploaded to the template directory and no other dir. if your getting white pages that is most likely the problem. if not i would need some more info/a link.
Posted By: Rinkrat Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/28/2001 6:08 AM
Yeah I guess it helps when you upload the cp_vars_calendar.pl.

That did the trick!
Posted By: Troy Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/28/2001 8:27 AM
Two things I would like to see.

A quick month list, so I could click say 1 to jump to January or something. Back and next are ok, if you are close to where you wanna go. A little mini cal in one of the corners with the months would look decent I think.

The other this is user selectable access to add events. In a perfect world I would like to be able to assign users the "Calendar" group or something so they can write events. Not just admins or mods.

I haven't installed the hack, but have been watching the progress and checking it out here... very nice Jordo! This is something that has been needed for a LONG time.
Posted By: Spot Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/28/2001 1:25 PM
Just a few minor bug reports. None of which bother me jordo. Just thought I'd report them.

The apostrophe problem is solved except when one is encountered in the event description, it's displayed as <--quote-->

If some numbskull (like me) chooses the 31st for the event date in which there are only 30 days, it adds it to the following month.

After editing an event, you are thanked for deleting the event, however, it really doesn't delete it.

Even with those minor things, the hack works perfect. Excellent job.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/28/2001 10:07 PM
gaulalauk - the event seems to add at the right date for me...ill see if i can replicate that and get back to you. i also could edit and delete the event fine from the "prune events" link. thats a good idea for having the editing of the message cause the event to be edited, ill look into that. smile

dbode - i put in some filtering for the ` mark (as opposed to ' which i concentrated on). ill see where im missing it and get that fixed. also right now a little of the html is still in ubb_lib_calendar.cgi and not the Template file (its a do not a require so moving out some of the stuff is a pain) but if you find this line in that file, youll see the html for the events details a little below:
Code
code:

Troy - im planning on putting dropdown poxes for month / year selection at the bottom of the calendar display page (meant to do it in this version, doh). so that should make navigation easier. and as soon as i decide on the best way to handle individual user permission ill get it coded up - most likely ill add a checkbox with the rest of the user permission boxes in the cp user view.

Spot - looks like i missed a filtering somewhere. thanks for lettin me know ill get it fixed smile for the 31st part, i decided to have it work that way rather than throw in another error checking routine as there are a lot of them right now, and im working on cleaning up and slimming down the code a bit. and for the message when editing an event it actually shares the wordlet with deleting an event, so you can change it from the cp wordlets calendar tab. smile
Posted By: LWC Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/28/2001 10:48 PM
quote:
Sweet!!!
Posted By: Exstatica Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/29/2001 6:53 AM
I have a good idea....

a popup window of the event listings, and if you want you can click on the month and it give you the entire months listings.... Just an idea smile
Posted By: Rinkrat Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/29/2001 10:06 AM
This mod rocks. I have a hockey site and it's a perfect place to add the schedule!
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/30/2001 5:36 AM
new version: 1.4

to upgrade from 1.3

hack:

cp_users.cgi

re-upload: (overwriting the existing ones)

ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
cp_vars_calendar.pl

new in this version
calendar permissions. if calendar event posting is set to restricted, then there will be an option in the user permissions page for each user to add them to the calendar group. this will allow only the selected users (and admins) to post new calendar events.

month jump box, for easier navigation.

quotes problems should all be fixed.

month and day names are now wordletized.

various bugfixes.
enjoy smile

[ June 30, 2001 01:11 AM: Message edited by: jordo ]
Posted By: Troy Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/30/2001 6:11 AM
Awesome! Now I gotta make it a MHK file(part of my vow to not install any hacks on my board without it. hehe). Well, I have the next 9 days off of work so I think I'll clean up and tweak my OWN BB. hehe You now have everything I wanted in this hack(so far as I can think of right now). hehe Kick butt job Jordo!
Posted By: dbode Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/30/2001 9:57 AM
GREAT WORK !

I´m gonna upgrade right now - thanks for this awesome hack !

Dennis
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/30/2001 4:55 PM
Great job!

I only think you should change the lines "Event ForAny Date (Some days before/after/today/whatever)" and "No Events Scheduled ForToday" to look more ubb-stylish (font face, size...).
Posted By: Rinkrat Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/01/2001 2:30 AM
In my field at the bottom the Month isn't showing up, just

Events for 26, 2001(88 days from today)

[ June 30, 2001 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Rinkrat ]
Posted By: twinspin Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/01/2001 2:33 AM
Thanks for this hack. I just added it to my board and it works perfectly.

A few requests and suggestions though for a future version.

Can wordlets be created for the text that shows up in the event that currently says '(username) was born on this day x years ago'? My board caters to parents and they will be entering the birthdays of their children (twins) not themselves, so I'd like to customize that to says '(username)'s twins were born on this day x years ago'.

Likewise, I'd like to be able to use a wordlet for Birthday when it shows up on the calendar. There is a wordlet for birthday but it only controls the sign-up page in the profile, not the display on the actual calendar entry.

In the listing of events for a certain month it says Events for xx (the date), (the year). Can it also say the month in front of the date?

Finally is there a way to change the color of the text in the area under 'add a new event' Right now it's in white and my background table colors are too light for white text.
Posted By: Rinkrat Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/01/2001 3:01 AM
I just checked Twinspin's calendar and the Month isn't showing up there either so it must be a bug in the hack. Same with a couple of others:

Termine für 1, 2001 (Today)
Events for 30, 2001(Today)

[ June 30, 2001 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Rinkrat ]
Posted By: humble [ThC] Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/02/2001 12:35 AM
Also, I don't know IF I missed this in the instructions But:

To Add a desciption in the CP Edit Profile Page, where it shows the Calendar, & the box to add it, there is No description line, and thus looks a bit off from the rest of the forum listings....

FIX:
in CP_USERS.CGI

FIND:
$forum_names{c} = "Calendar";

AFTER ADD:
$forum_status{c} = "Allow access to post Events to the Calendar";

The above is JUST in case its not in the current revision, 8).
Posted By: humble [ThC] Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/02/2001 12:37 AM
ALSO, please help.... When I use the CP to edit a users profile, It drops out that user's birthday 8), considering the field is not in the CP listing, it just resets it back to 01/01/01...

[ July 03, 2001 02:25 AM: Message edited by: ampere ]
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/02/2001 3:00 AM
I upgraded on my test board and works wonders! Thanks Man!
Posted By: Troy Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/02/2001 7:57 AM
Events forJuly 17, 2001(15 days from today)

Event Description Posted By
maxim´s Birthday maxim was born on this day 101 years ago.

101 years ago? I guess it is taken off of the UBB profile page. Not much you can do about it, but...hehe
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/03/2001 7:47 AM
nice work jordo...:)
Posted By: Ramirez Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/03/2001 11:32 PM
Quick question. Does this log IPs when users post events? We need to be able to ban members that abuse the calendar system laugh
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/04/2001 1:38 AM
LK - after im sure its bugfree ill make it look a little nicer, you can customize that kind of thing from the templates too.

Rinkrat, Troy, etc - ill fix that missing monthname in the next version, i wordletized the months for the last version and i guess i forgot to redo that part.

twinspin - yep, there are a number of small things i have yet to wordletize, ill make that a priority for the next version.

ampere - ill fix that up a little. i hadnt put any effort into making that part look nice, i just wanted it to work correctly smile
and ill fix the CP user profile editing, i had forgotten about that smirk

Troy - heh, they can put in whatever year they want, smile

Ramirez - no it doesnt log ips, but it does log login names, so you can pull their ip off one of their posts...
Posted By: Stilgar Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/04/2001 2:15 AM
jordo - I'm running v1.1. Would I be able to upgrade to v1.4 easily?

Thanks.
Posted By: humble [ThC] Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/04/2001 2:16 AM
Thanks Jordo....

The CP Edit Profile thing is a REAL PAIN!!!, Cuz i'm always granting access to private forums.. (about 10-15 times a day )... and each time they loose their birthday 8(..

I look forward to it!
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/04/2001 5:24 AM
stilgar - i would uninstall and reinstall it. you could look through this thread and follow the directions for upgrading from 1.1-1.2-1.3 etc, but i dont recommend that.

the zip has been updated with a fix for the CP edit profile bug. just follow the directions for cp_users.cgi in the updated calendar.txt to fix it.
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/04/2001 10:58 AM
jordo - Great hack, really.

What I like to see is the ability for members with the permission to add a event to edit this event later.
Posted By: Ramirez Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/05/2001 2:47 AM
quote:
If you could work that into a future version, I'd love it. We have some 'fans' that might register and just start posting things on the calendar without ever posting in the forums. Then we wouldn't be able to IP ban them. Thanks for the continued support and additions to this hack, BTW.
Posted By: Psyc Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/05/2001 10:11 PM
hi jordo,

great hack so far,

but i got a little problem....

when I installed your hack everything works great but

if I try to get the recent_user_posts from a member it shows me an error

Undefined subroutine &main::recent_user_posts called at ./ultimatebb.cgi line 616.

without your hack it works may anybody check his board if he got the same problem maybe?

an answer would be nice

thnx so far

PsYc

[ July 05, 2001 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Psyc ]
Posted By: XNet Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/05/2001 10:17 PM
No problem, works fine here.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/06/2001 12:27 AM
Psyc - make sure you added everything in ubb_profile.cgi correctly, expecially the lines beginning with "print FILE".
Posted By: tackaberry Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/06/2001 4:37 PM
Jordo...

Looks great. I like the drop-down for the Month. Same for Year would rock.

Re: Born 101/102 Years ago. Mine says the same, since it's set to 06 Jan 1900. For those who want their birthday posted, but lie about their age, a profile setting to not show year would be a plus.

-Tacks
Posted By: humble [ThC] Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/06/2001 8:39 PM
quote:
I tested this... IT doesn't drop the birthday anymore... But IS it supposed to show the users birthday when you're editing the profile.. cuz I still don't see it anywhere??
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/06/2001 10:59 PM
no it doesnt show the users birthday when you edit their profile. i left that out intentionally. smile
Posted By: humble [ThC] Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/07/2001 12:53 AM
Everything working 100% as designed... Thanks much for all your time & support Jordo.. You are a TOP Notch UBB 'hacker' 8)..
Posted By: Devastator Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/07/2001 5:03 PM
I dunno if i've done anything wrong.. but in the field thats optional for posting in forum i put the name of the forum to post in.. and when i added an event it didn't show up???

Will it not show until that date.. or is it supposed to show as soon as i've added it.

Also if it doesn't show until that date... is there anyway i can get it to show as soon as it's posted too?

Thanx in advance
Posted By: gaulalauk Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/07/2001 6:37 PM
jordo, please include your credits in the code so everyone can see whos the author of this baby laugh

and find a way to do it with your great UBBIntegratedPoll hack too laugh

[ July 07, 2001 11:39 AM: Message edited by: gaulalauk ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/08/2001 4:42 PM
tx !!!

?? but i can´t add a event in a topic !

?????????????????????

# add calendar event?
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_calendar.cgi";
if ($in{f} == $vars_calendar{calendar_forum}) {
and in vars_calendar i see only:

%vars_calendar = (
who_can_post => "all",
use_name => "login",
color_selected => "#ffaaaa",
color_notinmonth => "#aaaaaa",
color_today => "#ffffcc",
color_event => "#ddffdd",
);

where is calendar_forum ???

[ www.chat-board.de ]

1;
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/08/2001 6:41 PM
you set calendar_forum through the calendar control panel.
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/09/2001 3:09 PM
hi jordo

1) can u change the new_calendar_event formular like the "new_topic formular" ? so u can insert UBBCode and not only HTML ...

2) center the header in your .pl files

3) !!! i can´t make a new event with the new topic page ...

>>> test it on: www.chat-board.de >>> city news >>> name:test1 password: test1 >>> write a new topic and show the "Kalender".

hope u understand my english and my site (in german) wink
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/09/2001 3:35 PM
! if i insert a new event in my "special" topic - he write it to files - right !!!

but calendar can´t read this.???
Posted By: gaulalauk Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/10/2001 5:09 AM
jordo

I installed latest Calendar multihack format, and discovered that the calender only use the standard style template.

It will not show up in the other template I have for the rest of the board.

Bug...or something wrong with the multihack, conflict with other hacks or what could it be?
Posted By: gaulalauk Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/10/2001 6:14 AM
Sorry..not your hack, it was the chat mod that made the problem laugh

just delete these two messages, their just disturbing
laugh

[ July 09, 2001 11:15 PM: Message edited by: gaulalauk ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/10/2001 7:45 AM
Fixed...
Code
code:
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/10/2001 8:03 AM
laugh - hallo ...

sorry - but if i create a new event in the topic - it write and read the files right.

only the date is not correct. it shows me everytime the june/30/2001 !!!

wy ???

[ www.chat-board.de ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/10/2001 9:33 AM
no matter what date you select its the 30th of june??
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/10/2001 1:23 PM
no - if i select a date in june - it write the event to the 07/31/2001 - if i select a date in august - it write the event to the 08/31/2001 !!!

and second: if u delete the topic ! it don´t delete the event - it shows me every time the same wink more read here: blabla ...

[ www.chat-board.de ]

[ July 10, 2001 06:33 AM: Message edited by: melder ]
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/11/2001 11:29 AM
Jordo,

I would like to see the b-days on the forum, like "Today's Birthdays:"
Do you think you can build that in, that would be great.
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/11/2001 12:47 PM
how can help me ?

1) in calendar.ssi - i can only see the event name. can everybody change this to see a part or all of the description too ?

2) change the "new event formular" like to a "new_topic" formular (incl. ubb_code)

3) center the header

4) the function "ad a new event in a spezial topic" do not work on my board - it show me everytime the last day in the selected month.
(i select 07/14/2001 and become 07/31/2001)

5) make it to delete the event if u delete the topic

i´m every time your friend
[ www.chat-board.de ]
laugh
Posted By: SirGrendel Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/11/2001 11:37 PM
Bugreport:

If someone's birthday is in the calendar and he modifies his profile again, then the birthday is added to the calender again... so it is shown twice
Posted By: gaulalauk Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/12/2001 5:42 AM
jordo

Installed latest multihack format

and discovered some bugs I guess....

Earlier in this thread I posted a message, saying that an event added from within the forum that allowed adding calendar events, the event would show up 27 days back in time, and not on the day it was added.

With your latest hack something similar happen. When adding an event from the event enabled forum, it now shows up 12 days back in time, instead of "today" or the day it was supposed to show up.

Perhaps this is what Devastor and melder has discovered. The message IS THERE in the calendar somewhere, but not where they expect it to be.

I also have same problem as melder, he talks about june/30/2001, and thats the day where my testmessages also go when added from the forum. I expected them to show up today at 12.07.01

When I delete the topic in the event enabled forum, the event in the calendar is still there. Is this a bug, or have you not implemented that function yet?

Great work anyway laugh

[ July 12, 2001 03:47 AM: Message edited by: gaulalauk ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/12/2001 6:33 AM
i havent added the delete when you delete the thread part yet, so thats not a bug. ill look at the code for the event adding with topic, and see whats up with that.
Posted By: Charles Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/12/2001 8:03 AM
ok I found a bug with the SSI: If you use a quote in title like : "me's party" you will get in SSi table :"me<--quote-->s party"

also for the thread integrated calender event, it would be nice to have an option in order to have available only for mods and admin

also, the ability of choosing more than one forum for calendar integration would be cool.

[ July 12, 2001 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Chuck ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/12/2001 8:35 AM
yes gaulalauk - thats my words smile

[ July 12, 2001 01:36 AM: Message edited by: melder ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/12/2001 3:26 PM
and plz add a yearselectbox in "calendar_display.pl" after the $month_options ...

[ www.chat-board.de ]
Posted By: psychopathic Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/14/2001 5:30 AM
How do i move that today's events table from the bottom of the calendar display, to the top? Every time i modify it, i get a white page! Can someone help me out?
Posted By: Charles Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/14/2001 10:24 AM
found a little something, not a bug just a little layout bug

the page footer is included inside calendar table which may cause problem in some layouts. For exemple in one of my forum header opens a table and footer closes it. which of course can't happen here since footer is inside a table
Posted By: psychopathic Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/14/2001 7:46 PM
quote:
anyone?????
Posted By: humble [ThC] Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 12:09 AM
Jordo, please help me frown ...

I'll try the quick version of the question first laugh

I have implemented v1.1, 1.3 & finally 1.4 of the calendar hack on my UBB v6.04e.... (default user field 55 - line 56)

I also have the 4 additional custom user profile entries hack installed (using fields 56-69 -- lines 57-60) [which are required upon registration]

When a user registers, AND selects a birthday & the checkbox, It puts all the data in the correct fields/lines - but somehow it adds an additional line the the end of the profile... (BUT it seems to work anyways, and displays the correct info, and puts it in the calendar perfectly...)

When a user doesn't click the box, It's not putting in a blank entry for it, instead, the four custom profiles all get saved one entry up (i.e. fields 55-58 - lines 56-59) AND it ends the file @ line 59, thus not creating the extra entry like the above issue.

Below is a link to a current backup copy of my registration files.... Let me know if you want to see others!

[LINK REMOVED]... But there were only two files, and they were setup put on a ftp with private UN & PW, and posted only deep inside a UBB v6 Mods in Beta thread 8)... It'll be OK 8)...

[ July 14, 2001 09:13 PM: Message edited by: humble [ThC] ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 1:41 AM
Chuck - you mean $Footer ? thats the last thing printed on the page. i dont know if im missing something, but i dont know how it could be inside one of the $TBTs opened by the calendar? thanks for your other suggestions too. smile ill add the permission checking routines to the post new topic part, so it is the same as what youve selected for the main calendar. i need to do some work on the SSI, i just threw it in at the last moment so if people wanted it they have the option, ill spruce it up a bit and fix the quote thing when i get a chance. smile

psychopathic - in public_calendar_display.pl move $thedaysevents to just below these lines:

$thismonth $yeartem

$TBT

humble [ThC] - im not sure exactly why it isnt printing the newline, but try changing this line (in ubb_registration.cgi):

else { print MEMBERSHIP ("n"); }

to this:

if ($in{bday} ne 'add') { print MEMBERSHIP ("n"); }

also having ubb files on a server open to the public is not allowed, so you might want to take that down before you get in trouble. smile
i havent had a chance to look at the topic adding code and fix it yet, for all those that have posted about it, but i will today at some point. smile
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 1:47 AM
i updated the instructions for ubb_new_topic.cgi, it was working fine on my testing board, i think i didnt have the latest code in the instructions for that part though, cause they werent the same. so its updated now and should work right.
Posted By: kaukagaul Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 3:04 AM
Event added from forum now shows up on correct day laugh
Posted By: humble [ThC] Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 4:47 AM
Jordo... Thanks again for your help!!!, although That didn't fix it...

AFTER several more hours of testing I have the BUG figured out EXACTLY.... Just still need one TiNY bit of help to get me by my troubles!!!

Turns out....

Upon Registration, It puts everything in the correct place... (adds an extra line, which is wierd, but that's not the 1/2 of it). [i.e. making it 60 fields - 61 lines]

Now, upon Registration APPROVAL!!!, It's actually removing a line somewhere in the middle where all the reserved slots are... because, the bday & four custom fields are there, but they get moved one field up [i.e. bday is @ field 54 - line 55 (should be 55/56) and it keeps the extra empty line @ the end...

What i've been doing to fix it.

Going to the bottom of the user's profile. (Ctrl-PGDN)
Hitting backspace, to bring it up a line...
Then going above the birthday & adding a line, to move it down.
Saving....
Then everything works & displays perfect...

I'll PM you with a new private login to a new backup folder with the entire cgi-bin & noncgi/templates folders...

Thanks VERY much again!!!! (You got my 5 Star Vote!!!)

BTW - if your having trouble listing the directorys try with PASV off... if that doesn't work, try reconnecting 8)

[ July 14, 2001 10:01 PM: Message edited by: humble [ThC] ]
Posted By: Charles Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 10:07 AM
Code
quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jordo:
Chuck - you mean $Footer ? thats the last thing printed on the page. i dont know if im missing something, but i dont know how it could be inside one of the $TBTs opened by the calendar? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes you forgot a $TBB in your public_calendar_display.pl template

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:
should be:
Code
code:
and it fixes problem smile

[ July 15, 2001 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Chuck ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 5:41 PM
i have edit the "ubb_new_topic.cgi" and the events in topics works fine - tx

-

can u add in the calender_display.pl after the pulldown 4 month - a pulldown 4 years ?

[ www.chat-board.de ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 5:42 PM
humble - ygpm

Chuck - it closes the $TB_ before that, like so:

perl:
the last part is outside of the table, is that causing the prob?
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 5:58 PM
melder here - hi

new events in topic - dont show me the author - can u change this too.?
Posted By: Charles Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 9:34 PM
quote:
it is, check your PM I'll show you what I mean
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 10:13 PM
jordo, I changed some things in public_calendar_*.pl, ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, ubb_lib.cgi (first part) and vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi, so it will look better and support UBBCode and smilies. Want the updated ZIP? (I didn't make the smilies & UBBCode's HTML change back to smilies & UBBCode in edit yet)

BTW Chuck, check http://lkubb.dns2go.com?ubb=calendar , is that what you mean?

[ July 15, 2001 03:21 PM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/15/2001 10:43 PM
chuck - thanks for showing me that, i see what you mean now. does $standard_title_table open and not close a $TBT, cause all mine seem to be closed. either way ill add that in to fix it smile

LK - sure, pm me and ill talk to you more about the changes. smile ive been meaning to look at how the ubbcode sub wants stuff passed to it and do it, but havent gotten around to it. smirk
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/16/2001 7:03 AM
jordo, if you already got my PM download it again, I've added a reverse feature
Posted By: Big Dog Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/16/2001 7:42 PM
Hi,
Quick question. I installed the hack and set the "moderators and admin" only option. My moderaters can't get in. The administrator can, but it doesn't seem to recognize the moderators.

I looked through this 8 page thread but didn't see this as a bug or anything.

UBB Version: 6.05
URL: http://www.groundspeedweb.com

Any thoughts? (I rebuilt all my member files through the control panel)

Thanks,
BD
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/16/2001 7:46 PM
yeah, its a bug but i dont think anyone has mentioned it. it checks if they are the mod of that forum, and since it is a calendar, not a forum, then they cant be the mod.
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/16/2001 8:20 PM
in "stars/status hack" u become all times the "moderator stars" also in topics there u are not moderator ...

can u take this way ?

(hope everytime u understand my bad english)
Posted By: ericruhl Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/16/2001 9:29 PM
Looks like a great hack! I scanned thru all the replies but didn't see this addressed, so my apologies in advance if someone already asked this:

Can users "subscribe" to receive email notices when an event has been added/changed (preferences setting perhaps)? If not, I think it'd be a great feature (I know I could really use it anyway).
Posted By: Big Dog Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/17/2001 3:56 AM
Jordo,
Is there a way around the Moderator/Admin bug? I implemented the Calendar already specifically to let my moderators post events. frown

NOT THAT I'M KNOCKING THE HACK! It's great! I was just really wanting to use that functionality...

BD
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/17/2001 4:24 AM
ya sorry forgot to mention ill do a fix as soon as i have time. smile

ericruhl - ill put a big maybe on that one. if i get inspired ill add it, but i may not be able to get around to it. sorry.
Posted By: Dino Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/17/2001 7:02 AM
Code
quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rinkrat:
In my field at the bottom the Month isn't showing up, just

Events for 26, 2001(88 days from today)

Posted June 30, 2001 07:53 PM by Rinkrat
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure if this is the correct way to handle this, but I just changed the code in public_calendar_display.pl

From this:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

To this:
Code
code:

Basically, all I did was use the variable $thismonth instead of using the monthname array that doesn't seem to work.

However, I tried changing the $monthnames[$monthtem-1] in public_calendar_review.pl, to $thismonth, but it did not recognize it. Instead I used the $monthtem variable like this:

Code
code:

Better than not having a month name or number at all.

Jordo, I love the hack.

[ July 17, 2001 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Dino ]
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/17/2001 9:50 AM
I love it too smile

Small feature request... member names that are listed in the birthdays link to their profiles... can be in the events at the bottom and/or the calendar itself smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/17/2001 10:09 AM
Allen,
Code
code:
Is that what you mean?

Dino,
Code
code:

[ July 17, 2001 03:11 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: Ta Lun 3 Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/17/2001 5:09 PM
Hi Jordo,
i have the last zip (Version 1.4) but the bug with the new topic an the 30june01 where not killed.

Can you help?

Greetings

Ta Lun
Posted By: Dino Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/17/2001 10:07 PM
LK,

No, I just changed the variable $monthnames[$monthtem-1] to $thismonth (only in one instance) on public_calendar_display.pl. My code actually looks like this-- a little different than Jordo's, since I wanted all the fonts to match:

Code
code:

However, for some reason (I wish I was better with Perl/CGI) public_calendar_review.pl did not recognize $thismonth, so I had to use $monthtem like this:

Code
code:

I'll try your suggestion when I get home. Looks like it might work.

[ July 17, 2001 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Dino ]
Posted By: Dino Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/18/2001 1:32 AM
LK,

Code
code:

I tried replacing $monthnames[$monthtem] with your suggestion "$vars_wordlets_calendar{$this_month}", and it did not work on the public_calendar_review.pl file. For some reason, it does not recognize $thismonth as a variable.

Oh well. It works ok the way I have the code posted on an earlier reply.

[ July 17, 2001 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Dino ]
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/18/2001 2:12 AM
great mod

"(2 Events)17" events isnt wordletized

"$poster_name was born on this day <--$in{bdayyear}--> years ago." is not wordletized

"Delete?" on public_calendar_review.pl is not wordletized.

months in "add new event" are not wordletized.

there are layout problems in the templates, when theres no event on that day (opening ), and the $standard_title_table isnt centralized (fixed with print "
$standard_title_table
"; )

great mod and all; just kinda worried with the size of the file that stores events "descriptions", when these get too big...

looking forward for new versions, with ability for editing events, smilies, etc smile good job!
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/18/2001 9:12 AM
Dino, you're right, but it works on the new version if jordo will approve it.

CopyCat, all verified and fixed in the new version if jordo will approve it.

Jordo, please download my version again

[ July 18, 2001 02:21 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: CopyCat Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/18/2001 6:33 PM
thanks. one more, the months on registration are not wordletized also.

sug: multi-day/year events, for things like xmas... admin-only i think.

[ July 18, 2001 11:50 AM: Message edited by: CopyCat ]
Posted By: PeterC Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/18/2001 7:43 PM
Jordo,

I attempted to use your SSI script on an IIS box and it did not work at all because it could not find the variables script location.

So I played around with it a bit and got it to work.

I also added a link for the Event text to the calender.

Here is the modified ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi code.

Code
code:

[ July 18, 2001 01:53 PM: Message edited by: PeterC ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/18/2001 8:38 PM
Jordo, get the file again (I fixed what CopyCat mentioned).
Posted By: ericruhl Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/18/2001 9:39 PM
quote:
Understood smile Thanks for all your work on this and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can add that feature (email a subscriber list when calendar is updated) [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Ta Lun 3 Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/19/2001 9:47 AM
I Have found my error.

In the new_topic.pl on the box descriptions
where the Name for the Day name="day"
i have change it to "event_day" now it works.

G.
Ta Lun
Posted By: NitroSimSev Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/19/2001 1:03 PM
Hey Jordo,

Great HACK!

[ July 19, 2001 06:05 AM: Message edited by: NitroSimSev ]
Posted By: kaukagaul Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 3:01 AM
jordo hello laugh

As I already have written in the chatmod topic and in news fader topic, I have discovered something strange happening with the DHTML slide menubar I have.

As you can see from the below picture, the slide menubar is sliding out BEHIND those seachboxes in the calendar mod, just as it also do slide out BEHIND the chatmodapplet.

Do you have any idea how to fix this so the menubar load in FRONT as it is supposed to do?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Troy Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 3:24 AM
If I remember right, it is that the Zorder is set incorrectly. I haven't played much with DHTML and whatnot, but I am pretty sure that is where the problem is.
Posted By: afterlab Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 11:50 AM
Hey Jordo.. I got a WEIRD issue.

http://forums.thunderwave.net/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=add_calendar_event

Check that out. Since you aren't a moderator that can post stuff there, you should see a page that says you can't post new events. Well nothing wrong with that, right? Well there is.. Whenever a moderator who has access to post new events or an administrator tries to post a new event we just get a plain white page.

Any help? frown
Posted By: UNBANNED Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 12:18 PM
strange i cant download it. It says the zip is corrupted
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 12:24 PM
Here it's fine...
Posted By: zerodegreeburn Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 5:14 PM
sorry smile trying to fix my reply quote bug, dont ban me smile

[ July 20, 2001 10:16 AM: Message edited by: zerodegreeburn ]
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 8:19 PM
afterlab - make sure all the templates are uploaded to the correct directory. in particular, public_new_calendar_event.pl. if your getting a blank white page when trying to add a new event, some problem with the uploading of that file is most likely the culprit.
Posted By: afterlab Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 9:13 PM
Thanks Jordo.. I just forgot to upload the file. tipsy It's working fine now.

I changed the layout of the UBB Calendar a bit too check it out: http://forums.thunderwave.net/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar
Posted By: Degen Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 11:27 PM
Great hack, Jordo, but I have a major problem. After I update my profile so I can change my birth date, I get a message saying that there is a hack attempt because one of the members file's is corrupted, and that there are extra fields? I noticed that mine was setup (probably from another hack) for fields 30 and 31, so something must be using them. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/20/2001 11:32 PM
In ubb_profile.cgi, remove nn from the line.
Posted By: Degen Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/21/2001 12:35 AM
From which line in ubb_profile? Do you mean

print FILE ("nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn")

?

Thanks!
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/21/2001 10:05 AM
Yes
Posted By: Degen Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/21/2001 10:37 PM
LK, thanks that worked, but now when I update my profile for my birthday, it doesn't save the date, it just goes back to January 1st, 2001. frown
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/21/2001 10:40 PM
Hmm... What's 10 lines before and after the nnn thing?
Posted By: Ellen Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 1:11 AM
I was able to get the calendar to work great, thanks for sharing it with us. I have a question. I would like the events to appear on the front page of the forum right under the newest member name. What would I need to add to public_forum_summary to do this?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 1:39 AM
In SSI you can use ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi to see a list. (I think) Remove the "exit(0);" line from there and whereever you want it in public_forum_summary.pl, add
Code
code:
Posted By: knuffel Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 1:40 AM
Hi all,

I guess i'm to tired so i must have missed the bugfix inhere ...

I suffer from the following prob ..

My server is in the US and i have 7 hours time difference ... the calender seems to take the server time and not the local time as pointed out by the offset of the UBB ... is this my fault or is it a bug ??? I cleared the cache to make sure it was not a caching prob ...

Greetz

Knuff

BTW VERY COOL FEATURE !!!
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 1:46 AM
You're right.

In ubb_lib_calendar.cgi:

Code
code:
I don't know if it works yet, but I can't see any reason why not
Posted By: Ellen Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 3:05 AM
Thanks, LK, but the ssi doesn't work on my site. Is there any other way I can get this information on the front page?
Posted By: knuffel Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 8:52 AM
Thanks LK ... smile

Life can be easy ... if you now where to look !

Ellen ... could it be that you have no "exec permessions" try

That could help you out ...

Greetz

Knuff
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 9:01 AM
OK, then...

Code
code:
or however you want it to be
Posted By: Ellen Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 11:42 AM
Thanks so much for all of your help!
Posted By: kaukagaul Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 7:39 PM
quote:
Hello Troy
Thanks for the tip
I have searched to find out more about the "Z order" without finding anything.
Could you please tell some more about it so I understand what you mean. I am not a coder, so it isnt that easy to figure out.

[ July 22, 2001 01:08 PM: Message edited by: kaukagaul ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/22/2001 10:57 PM
I got an authorization from jordo to post Calendar Hack v1.4 revision 2.

URL: http://members.tripod.co.uk/lkubb/calendar.zip
You have to upload all new files except ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi (including vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi), and I can't remember which files I changed so rehack all of them wink

(edit: changed the URL)

[ July 23, 2001 07:15 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: kaukagaul Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 2:20 AM
LK that sounds good...but what about the files in the "calendar" dir, the datafiles containing all events already added.
Must these files be changed to?
Posted By: kaukagaul Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 3:01 AM
hmm...is it possible to include this in the News Fader 2.0;
Code
code:
laugh

[ July 26, 2001 11:02 AM: Message edited by: kaukagaul ]
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 4:48 AM
This is a superb hack - but with UBB 6.1 just around the corner and it's significant code changes; should we hack our 6.04 board or wait for 6.1? Will UBB Calendar have to be completely recoded (and rehacked) to work with 6.1?

We have a fairly busy board (about 600 members in 4 months) and have already installed several hacks incuding Topic Ratings, Statistics, Who's Online, Total Posts/Topics,... and the migration (of a hacked UBB) from 6.04 -> 6.1 appears to be a significant effort.

So... should we hang on for UBB Calendar to be ported to UBB 6.1?

smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 9:24 AM
kaukagaul,

1. nope, not files in /calendar directory smile
2. look above, and just instead of after $RegisteredMemberLine, put:
Code
code:
right after
Code
code:

RTM, from what I understand, UBB 6.1 will be rebuilt totally differently.

[ July 23, 2001 02:26 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 9:58 AM
I rehacked the Files and load the new ones up.

When I ad a event now it shows up one month later in the calendar
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 10:14 AM
Whoops wink

Download it again and upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi

[ July 23, 2001 03:15 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 10:24 AM
LK, It's still a month ahead
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 10:28 AM
That's weird, works fine for me...

Maybe it's your browser/proxy's cache, try http://lkubb.dns2go.com/calendar2.zip . Upload ubb_lib_calendar.cgi to the cgi-bin directory
Posted By: maurice Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 10:35 AM
Works Fine now LK, I think it was the proxy indeed Thanks
Posted By: Rinkrat Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 10:44 AM
quote:
So to upgrade I just overwrite my 1.4 files right? I don't need to rehack the UBB files again or change anything??
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 10:46 AM
You have to rehack many files, but I can't remember which files..

I know public_register_page_kid.pl, and therefor also ubb_registration.cgi, also ubb_new_topic.cgi but I think some others aswell..

Just don't forget, backup first laugh
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/23/2001 3:48 PM
Found another bug, just in ubb_registration.cgi and ubb_profile.cgi change $monthindex = $i + 1; to $monthindex = $i;
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/24/2001 12:33 AM
Nice work LK, thanks for the bug-testin/fixin smile
Posted By: RTM Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/24/2001 6:27 AM
quote:
That was my understanding as well - this Calendar hack is very popular, I hope you plan on porting it to UBB 6.1?

Still not sure if I should install it now and then migrate to UBB 6.1 and rehack again..... hmmm
eek
Posted By: Rinkrat Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/24/2001 11:22 PM
I have so many hacks now that here is NO WAY I'm touching 6.1 until all my favorite hacks have been ported over. I'm thinking this will take quite a while.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/24/2001 11:24 PM
Yeah, I agree most people shouldn't upgrade to 6.1 beta.

BTW, your 100th post laugh

[ July 24, 2001 04:25 PM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/27/2001 8:48 AM
we need the birthday in profil i think (in customfield4?) ...

plz in the next upate laugh
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/27/2001 8:51 AM
The birthday is in the profile, but not as custom field 4.

It's $user_profile[55]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/27/2001 7:12 PM
ok - but not in public_display_profil.pl - u know ?
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/27/2001 7:23 PM
little hack ...

in CP give the "registration fild - costumer 4" a name - birthday - and select "off".

#and edit public_display_profil.pl
### find:
#################

if (($vars_registration{custom4_field_use} ne 'DEL') && ($vars_registration{customfield4} ne '') && ($user_profile[19] ne '')) {

print <

$vars_registration{customfield4}:

$user_profile[19]

THISFIELD

} # end field

#replace with:
################
if (($vars_registration{customfield4} ne '') && ($user_profile[55] ne '')) {

print <

$vars_registration{customfield4}:

$user_profile[55]

THISFIELD

} # end field
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/27/2001 7:33 PM
Try
Code
code:

[ July 27, 2001 12:34 PM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/30/2001 8:46 AM
laugh ... yes

bug: if u edit your profil - birthday is not saved. check this.

and we need in public_calendar the box 4 years after the box 4 month.

happy hacking
wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/30/2001 9:11 AM
1. In Calendar 1.5, which is exactly like this one but for 6.1, it's fine.

2. In public_edit_profile.pl/public_register_page.pl/public_register_page_kid.pl, change "$monthselectbox / $dayselectbox / $yearselectbox" to "$dayselectbox / $monthselectbox / $yearselectbox"
Posted By: Intel -*RW*- Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/03/2001 12:09 PM
I searched and read through the thread and forums but I haven't found anything specific for the problem I'm having.

I installed using MultiHack and everything looks great. The problem is when I tie the calendar to a post in a specific forum, the date set for the calendar item to be added is off. If I specify Aug 7th for example, it always posts somewhere else, usually in the previous month, but never on the same numbered day in the previous month.

Any ideas?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/03/2001 12:24 PM
Yeah, this bug was fixed in the V6.1 version but I forgot to fix this one wink

I don't have access to the /mhk directory, so download the ZIP file and rehack ubb_new_topic.cgi. I can't be sure if it's fixed, because I don't have a V6.0 board anymore, but it should.
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/03/2001 8:47 PM
looking for better instructions. I'd like to add this hack in but the instructions need to be very clear and concise. just my two bits..good job on the hack tho.

-=Splitfyre=-
Posted By: Intel -*RW*- Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/04/2001 6:07 AM
quote:
I just looked at the zip file I was able to download off of page 17 of this thread. It is the same as the mhk file. Where can I get the zip file (what version is it too) that you are referring to?

Thanks.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/04/2001 6:57 AM
From the first page/page 16. Clear your/your proxy's Temporary Internet Files
Posted By: tazzie Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/04/2001 9:38 PM
Okay, I am losing my mind here. I went step by step on the hacks. Where the heck to do you see the calendar? Where is the link to it once everything is uploaded? I went into the control panel & put placed the forum name where I want people to put in dates. Is it that I have a black background? I know I am missing something elementary here. thanks for any help

I feel like a pre-schooler here. Sorry for ranting.
frown frown
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/04/2001 9:44 PM
Hmm... Your UBB needs a password.

BTW, I don't wanna be picky, but if you want more users to register, I suggest you to renew your VeriSign license
Posted By: tazzie Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/04/2001 11:36 PM
hmm, I renewed 2 months ago -- The appropriate person has been told about this.

Do you have any idea why this would be going on? LK - if you don't mind helping me--I will pm you username/password please let me know. thanks
Posted By: Intel -*RW*- Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/05/2001 7:59 AM
LK your the man. Thanks for your help.

Just 1 more question:

If I delete a post in the forum that updates the calendar, shouldn't it delete it in the calendar as well?

Thanks again!
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/05/2001 8:34 AM
tazzie, it's supposed to be shown near my profile | register | search | faq | forum home, but I don't think you did the ultimatebb.cgi part that makes the worldets recognized.

Even if I type ?ubb=calendar I can't see it, so I think the problem is that you didn't hack/upload ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: tazzie Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/05/2001 6:41 PM
thanks LK
I'm getting this as a message now when I click on calendar.

You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist.

I searched but couldn't find this message in this topic. thanks for any help.

tazzie
Posted By: Hellbent Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/06/2001 5:32 AM
Im not exactly sure what this hack is havign trouble with. Maybee you guys have seen this error?

Can't locate /home/biolord/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/calendar/public_calendar_event.cgi in @INC (@INC contains: /home/biolord/public_html/forums/cgi-bin /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at /home/biolord/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/ubb_lib_calendar.cgi line 305.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted By: Hellbent Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/07/2001 4:09 AM
Any Thoughts?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/07/2001 7:36 AM
tazzie, rehack ultimatebb.cgi

Hellbent, Did you upload the 3 public*.cgi files to the /cgi-bin/calendar directory?
Posted By: Intel -*RW*- Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/07/2001 8:50 AM
quote:

LK I see that you are a busy man, so I thought I would repost this question.

Thanks
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/07/2001 8:54 AM
wy ?

SSI dont show me the birthdays 4 today ?!?

and at this point we can make a second SSI.cgi to show birthdays ?
Posted By: Hellbent Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/08/2001 2:11 AM
quote:
Sure did. Even Chmodded them properly.
Posted By: tazzie Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/08/2001 3:53 AM
thanks LK--- I rechecked I put one of the lines of code in the wrong place. I appreciate all your help!!!

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: tazzie ]
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/09/2001 10:59 PM
Hey guys, implemented the hack.. have a problem though when clicking on Calender:

Can't locate E:/futurelooks/web/cgi-bin/calendar/public_calendar_events.cgi at E:/futurelooks/web/cgi-bin/ubb_lib_calendar.cgi line 22.

I've uploaded the files as per the readme and had permissions set on it. My server is NT so I can't CHMOD the files. My ISP however has said that the folder has been set with the appropriate permissions.

When I go through my PFE and look at Line 22 this is what it shows:

require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/calendar/public_event_desc.cgi";
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/09/2001 11:07 PM
You should put public_event_*.cgi in /cgi-bin/calendar directory
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 12:14 AM
That's what its at right now.. and I still get that error...help LK! smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 12:33 AM
"http://www.futurelooks.com/cgi-bin/calendar" doesn't exist
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 12:37 AM
Can't seem to get anything to come up under Primary - Calender Settings. What file should I rehack. Sorry I am still an intermediate on PERL here. Thanks!
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 12:45 AM
You still didn't fix it.

about the other thing, cp_vars_calendar.pl - noncgi/Templates
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 12:49 AM
The ISP is working on getting the folder to be accessible.
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 1:00 AM
Once this hack is enabled can you actually add in the ability to set specific gif images for important event days on the calender along with changing the font to Verdana maybe?
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 1:30 AM
Hey since I implemented this hack now it won't allow people to register:

Unmatched right curly bracket at E:/futurelooks/web/cgi-bin/ubb_registration.cgi line 726, at end of line
syntax error at E:/futurelooks/web/cgi-bin/ubb_registration.cgi line 726, near "}"
Compilation failed in require at E:futurelookswebcgi-binultimatebb.cgi line 413.

Checked line 726 here it is.. can anyone suggest what I change?

if ($vars_registration{ModerateRegs} eq "ON") {
$ModWording = "$vars_wordlets{moderated_reg}";
}
do "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/Templates/public_reg_confirm.pl";
}

} # end submit_reg (this is line 726!)

sub add_to_registration_mod_list {
local(*FILE);
# parameter:
# $_[0] : member number

Thoughts?
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 5:04 AM
Thanks to Tech-Ni-Kal I fixed that small bug..but a pain in the butt it was. Just wanted to find out from LK if I can somehow point those three files that you ask for us to copy into that folder.. and instead can we not just post them in the CGI-BIN directory. If so, what files and what lines do I need to change to reflect this?
Posted By: hellhound Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 7:48 AM
how to make a color that i the table other

http://www.flashpointer.ru/cgi-bin/forum2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar

my color is black
Posted By: hellhound Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/10/2001 1:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
"http://www.futurelooks.com/cgi-bin/calendar" doesn't exist

not a cgi-bin
a cgi folder of your forum
Posted By: hellhound Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/11/2001 1:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by hellhound:
how to make a color that i the table other

http://www.flashpointer.ru/cgi-bin/forum2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar

my color is black

please it URGUNT i dont know what to do ()
Posted By: Grummel Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/11/2001 2:29 PM
my calender

can somebody tell me what i´ve made wrong?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/11/2001 2:46 PM
It's /cgi-bin/calendar, not calender
Rename your directory
Posted By: Grummel Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/11/2001 3:37 PM
_ups_ *had a red face* *g*

thx a lot
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/13/2001 6:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by hellhound:

please it URGUNT i dont know what to do ()

You set the colors in your control panel.
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/13/2001 9:57 AM
hi @ all

can everybody take UBBCode inside ?!?
and plz make that mods can edit events (like megamods?)
Posted By: tony c Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/21/2001 11:20 PM
just downloaded this hack and it says v1.6 for ubb 6.1 does that mean it wont work on my 6.05 i thought this forum was for mods before 6.1 ? confused
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/21/2001 11:44 PM
Yeah, there were some problems with Tripod UK.

URL updated in the first post
Posted By: tony c Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/22/2001 1:07 AM
thx for a very quick response i've got the correct one now
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/22/2001 2:46 PM
melder: In ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
Code
code:
If you have MegaModerators, make:
Code
code:
or something like that (I don't have this hack, so I'm not really sure if it's 'MegaModerator').
Posted By: tony c Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/22/2001 3:11 PM
small problem i got the calendar working fine and i put memberlist in at the same time but both hacks ask me to edit the same line in ubb_lib.cgi so i either get memberlist on the top bar or calendar can someone give me the code please to have them both in i tried it myself but cocked it up

ok... i fixed it now id forgot to clear the cache after my own attempt so i did get it right after all

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: tony c ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/22/2001 3:21 PM
Try:
quote:
(edit: some problems with [code][/code])

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: Grummel Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/22/2001 4:15 PM
is there an option to delete old postings in the calendar and i´m to stupid to see it?

So long
Grummel
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/22/2001 7:56 PM
"Purge Today's Events", right after the events list.
Posted By: tony c Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 12:27 PM
some of my members birthdays are coming up as, 's birthday, instead of, Tony's birthday,
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 12:44 PM
What's the URL?

Try in ubb_profile.cgi:

Code
code:
And update it again. Did it work?
Posted By: tony c Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 2:21 PM
quick off the mark once again LK thank you that fixed it wink

i had to delete the the old ones first and update the profiles before it worked

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: tony c ]
Posted By: Eraser911 Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 2:46 PM
Hi!

Heres my Url:
www.board4all.net

The Birthdays will not be saved and shown in the calendar..

Can u help?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 3:03 PM
Eraser: it's fine, but you have to check "Klicken Sie hier um den Geburtstag anzulegen".

Like you can see "LK's Birthday" in Januar.
Posted By: Eraser911 Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 3:11 PM
lol.. sorry but no chance..

i set my birthday to this time:

and there is.... nothing!

I checked the Box as u say...
When i go back to my Profil the Changes in my Birthday will not be saved frown
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 3:15 PM
Oh.... It's saved only in the registration, not edit profile.

Rehack ubb_profile.cgi smile
Posted By: Eraser911 Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 3:29 PM
The failure was in public_edit_profile.cgi ..

I missed the right line wink

Thanx for ur hard work and your help!!
Posted By: Trixxx Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 5:16 PM
HI!

My Calendar is workin great, besides the cp function... it won´t show up in cp that´s strange cuz i´ve exactly followed the instructions for installation.

idea anyone? confused

thx alot smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/23/2001 9:21 PM
If you mean it's not in the drop-down menu, rehack cp_common.pl. If you mean it is, but the page is empty, upload cp_vars_calendar.pl to the /noncgi/Templates directory.
Posted By: LWC Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/28/2001 2:17 AM
LK is there a way to have the option to disable displaying birthdays?

The calander works great, but the display of birthdays for the most part does not fit in with the forum or what the calander is used for.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/28/2001 2:37 AM
Skip the public_edit_profile.pl, public_register_page.pl, public_register_page_kid.pl, ubb_profile.cgi and ubb_registration.cgi parts to not let anyone add new birthdays.

[edit: for some reason my post isn't shown in forum summary.. maybe it will work after the edit]

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: LWC Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 08/29/2001 1:56 AM
Thanks LK I'll give it a try.

I've been running this for about 3 days on my forum. A few things I've noticed.

When I view a members settings in the cp.cgi
The calendar is added to the private forums section...and has a check box where you can give people access who aren't moderators.

Tried this... members who are given this access can add events, but cannot prune them ( didn't know if this was intentionally coded like that ).

Also I have found two members who were randomly given access to this function ( I didn't, and noone elase has access to the cp.cgi... that I know of anyway )

So I went to try and do a search for members that had access to the calander...can't do it. That would be a real nice feature hehe

Thanks man.

LWC
Posted By: insanemonkey Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/03/2001 5:58 PM
it says "You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist" on my 6.05 board... frown frown frown
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/03/2001 8:19 PM
Rehack ultimatebb.cgi.
Posted By: insanemonkey Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/04/2001 12:08 AM
Hmph, apparently i left out the 1st instruction in that file. it works! w00t! laugh laugh
Posted By: Domain Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/07/2001 2:50 AM
Hi,

Great Hacks, works perfect on my Board! wink

But only one Thing, where can I change the color of the Days of the whole current Month? Because right now it takes the same color as the main background color, and that sux.

It doesn't have to be in the CP, maybe someone just tell me in what file to change the HEX, and I'll be happy! wink

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: Domain ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/07/2001 11:28 AM
works fine ...

1) can we insert the ubbcode table like in "new_reply_form" ? and the Message at the left: HTML is on/off I Ubbcode is on/off controlled in CP.

2) can we make it as a new forum - like to insert spezial moderators in CP and make ubbcode and HTML on/off for calendar ? u understand?

3) if u make a ! or ? or " in the subject /title of the calendar u cant delete or edit this.

4) BUG? birthdays are not fixed in profil. if u edit your profil the birthday goes back to 1/1/2001

-------------------------------------------

thats your melder ... CU
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/07/2001 11:45 AM
Domain: ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, the $clr=$vars_style{BGColor}; part.

melder:

3. Is it also like that in Calendar 1.6? Because I don't have any testboard to test it.

4. If it's really like that, it's a bug, but it wasn't like that in my board.

About the other questions, I'm gonna keep developing only the v6.1 hack, in this version I'll just fix bugs.
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/07/2001 2:12 PM
sorry ...

i change the hack to german dates like day.month.year and dont change the profil.cgi :rolleyes: but now the date is fixed in my board too.

but can u make (spezial?) moderators inside to edit kalendar events?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/07/2001 3:09 PM
You can choose that some members will be able to create a new poll, but not to edit it.

To edit, find:
Code
code:
add above:
Code
code:
Posted By: nex Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/08/2001 8:43 PM
genial

thx a lot
Posted By: CyruzTheViruz Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/23/2001 1:30 PM
Hey Guys!

I Installed The Calendar On My UBB And..
It Just Goes White..No MSg´z No Errors No Nuttin..

But b4 It Got White I Got lotz Of Errorz Of Missin cgi Files In The Calender Dir..So I Copied The Missin cgi files 2 The Calender Dir..Now I Can´t Get The Calender 2 Work
Anyone That Can Help Me

CheckOut membaz.cyrusthevirus.nu/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Plz Help!

Cyruz
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/24/2001 4:12 PM
Speak English Plz...

Are u Sure u Copied public_*.cgi 2 The Calendar Dir? Plz Copy Them Again...

Or something like that laugh
Posted By: CNA Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/26/2001 10:19 PM
Right, this has probably been answered before, but I'm the fattest and laziest [censored] here, so I'll (Re-) type it.

I followed the instructions to this part: In ubb_registration

quote:
Now, firstly my UBB_Registration.cgi doesn't have a "print MEMBERSHIP ("yesn");" that i can find?

I'm using a 6/04f and I'm using as my testboard whilst I wait for my ubb members area pass to be upgraded so I can get the latest version smile

Um........I know that the real Mastermind LK will answer this in like 2 minutes, so go ahead LK prove my point laugh

Please tell me if I'm just plain stupid laugh Or if I don't do things right. But I'm disappointed, I managed to put up 10 hacks on that test board, all today!, maybe my Luck ran out laugh laugh
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 09/26/2001 10:31 PM
Are you sure it's not there?
Code
code:
Is in line 556 in my 6.05 testboard.

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/04/2001 6:42 PM
Since I'm sick of Calendar 1.4, I ported UbbCalendar 1.6 to v6.0 from v6.1.

It's really untested, so beware! wink If you want to get the older version again, it's at http://lk.netfirms.com/calendar14.zip (it will be removed if this version is considered stable).

Modified files:
ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
ultimatebb.cgi
cp.cgi
ubb_registration.cgi
ubb_profile.cgi
vars_calendar_events.cgi (ofcourse)
public_calendar_review.pl
public_new_calendar_event.pl

/cgi-bin/calendar directory isn't needed anymore, but don't remove it until this version is considered stable.

NOTE: all previous events won't be used anymore.
Posted By: ManUtdRule Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/09/2001 4:12 PM
i keep getting

Code
code:

what have i hacked wrong.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/09/2001 5:15 PM
I thought I fixed that mad

Fixed. laugh
Posted By: Teccno Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/10/2001 2:02 PM
Great Hack!

But:

If I try to post a new event the system says "thank you for posting, bla, bla...", but there's no new posting in the calendar. It looks very nice, but what's an empty calendar good for?? wink

I do not get any errors at all.

Try it at my board .

Teccno
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/10/2001 5:59 PM
Sorry, I forgot to add $ before vars_config wink , weird that nobody noticed that in a very active board.

ZIP file updated
Posted By: Teccno Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/10/2001 6:03 PM
Where exactly did you forget that?

That would help to avoid the re-installing everything...

teccno
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/10/2001 7:16 PM
ubb_lib_calendar.cgi wink
Posted By: RC Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/11/2001 2:08 AM
Hi LK.. I think Ic licked the link for 1.4 and did that and then did 1.6. I have the calendar showing up but when i try to change colors etc in cp it brings me to 'cp.cgi line 258.'
Also I cant add entries without an error 'ultimatebb.cgi line 342'

I checked both them files and I think i have followed the instructions correctly.. Any help would be greatful.
Thanks
Posted By: Teccno Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/11/2001 12:27 PM
It's a great hack! I really love it!

But I've found another problem.

If somebody adds an event or puts his birthday to the calendar the vars_calendar_events.cgi gets much longer and sometimes it is changed that extreme that the script is no longer executable. Any ideas to change that? In my understanding the script shouldn't add some or hundreds of lines to the file above, should it?

Excuse my English. Still learning...

Thank you for the help.

teccno
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/11/2001 5:17 PM
[Linked Image]

Updated, hopefully for the last time...

RW, it has to be incorrect hacking, I didn't change anything in the CP code.
Posted By: RC Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/12/2001 2:03 AM
This is what comes up

Code
code:

confused

I re-pasted the code from the instructions and it still give me an error.
Posted By: Teccno Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/12/2001 2:00 PM
Hmmmm, it works much smoother now. Great job.

But (yes, one more but...):

1. I cannot erase an event. The systems says something like "Thanks for erasing, we take you back to ..."(my boards speaks german...), but the event is still in the calendar and, of course, in vars_calendar_events.cgi. Any ideas to change/repair that?

2. It's a very good idea to add the "Add an event" feature to one forum, but how is it possible to add it to two or more forums? I've tried "14,20" or "[14] [20]", but the system alsway makes a "1420" out of that.

Thanks

teccno
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/12/2001 2:52 PM
ZIP file updated with RC/Teccno's bugfixes.

Updated files: ubb_new_topic.cgi (multiple forums), ubb_lib_calendar.cgi (delete/review/whatever), cp_vars_calendar.pl (multiple forums text), cp_lib.cgi (multiple forums spaces), cp.cgi (RC's bug).

Sorry for releasing it with all the bugs, next time I'll ask Teccno to be a betatester wink

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: RC Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/12/2001 4:11 PM
Thanks LK.. It says updated now, and when I go to look on the page of the event, the event doesnt show up. confused
Posted By: Teccno Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/12/2001 4:25 PM
Wow, now it works!

Thanks!

It was fun to test it!

Always proud to help.

Teccno
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/12/2001 4:35 PM
RC, what do you mean? it works fine on my 6.05 testboard I've just installed from the insructions confused
Posted By: RC Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/12/2001 5:13 PM
all the pages work etc, and I can add events, but when i go to november for example.. the event isnt there, can u tell me which file this is? so i can double check. Thanks.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/12/2001 6:45 PM
Nice work LK.. will be adding this one to a site this weekend smile
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/16/2001 1:32 PM
are you insert mods 4 edit ????
if not - edit lib_calender.cgi

near line 425
#############

# make sure user is an admin or moderator of this forum
my $is_one = &is_admin_or_mod($in{f}, @user_profile);

if ($is_one ne "true") { &StandardHTML($vars_wordlets_err{not_admin_or_mod}); }

#############
replace to:
#############

# make sure user is an admin or moderator of this forum
chomp($user_profile[8]);
if ($user_profile[8] ne "Administrator" && $user_profile[8] ne "Moderator")
{ &StandardHTML($vars_wordlets_err{not_admin_or_mod}); }

################
im a long time out of this board . sorry wink tipsy
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/16/2001 1:49 PM
Moderators have access.
quote:
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/16/2001 2:27 PM
ohhhh - i install 1.6 ... ... ...

:rolleyes: laugh
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/16/2001 3:24 PM
bugs ...

ultimatebb.cgi = &GetOrPost("POST");
twice - near line 336

###############
can´t read this - i have ubb 6.01 ?!?!?
... mmm and one other in a other file ... mmm - i forget ... thats i´m 27 y. old ... laugh

1) delet new event include the "!?´ works fine in 1.6 calendar!

2) if u make a event for every year u can only delete this event in the "start year" for all years! but not in a other year - u understand ?

3) ubbcode is ok - but without my wink table ... u know. (like in new posting)

test it at http://www.axtien.de/cgi-bin/UBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=add_calendar_event !!! in german words !!! - user: test (mod) password: test - user: test1 (normal) password test1

test it if u like ...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/18/2001 6:11 AM
suggestion as an add-on:

email sent on birthday smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/18/2001 1:59 PM
melder: can you rephrase it please?
Allen: very nice idea, I can make it, but should I make that it sends only when the calendar is viewed (?ubb=calendar)? Also I need some 'expert' to make me an HTML/text card wink
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/18/2001 5:40 PM
I see what you are saying... it would need to be run some how... possible to run it when the calendar ssi is viewed on the front page? and once daily? that way it will never be missed but also, if it's a rather large process, won't be run everytime someone accesses the site. Otherwise, when the calendar is viewed will catch it 99% of the time on a busy site.

What kind of html card are you considering?
Posted By: tackaberry Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/18/2001 5:54 PM
Add-on: automatically adds a birthday cake avatar on the persons birthday. Deb has a nice cake graphic that can be used.

laugh

-Tacks
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/18/2001 6:20 PM
That's very cute tacks, I'm gonna make it right now smile (btw, I need that avatar wink )

Allen,

1. I'll make it if somebody watches ?ubb=calendar. smile

2. That's why I said I need a designer wink

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/18/2001 7:04 PM
BTW, I finished making Tacks' addon (still looking for that graphic), and Allen's addon is a little more complicated if the public name/wordlets have been changed since when it was updated... However, I can make it do it for future profile edits using $member_number as the 'Poster'.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/18/2001 7:20 PM
That'll work... and I love the idea about the avatar laugh

Lemme think about it.. Deb is prolly a better choice in regards to the birthday card design.... I'll point her this way.
Posted By: August Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/19/2001 9:04 AM
Looks like a great mod, two questions...

1. Can the birthday input & display be turned off?

2. Is the calendar data stored in a seperate file so that when upgrading to 6.1 or 6.2 and reinstalling the new ported version of the hack, the calendar event data will still be there?

Thanks!

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: August ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/19/2001 9:38 AM
your hack need to insert in ultimatebb.cgi:

&GetOrPost("POST"); # near line 336

my 6.01 UBB say ERROR - without this lines it works perfect ?!

and if u want to delet "yearly" events >>> u can do it ONLY an the right day u have insert and not 1 your later.

4 yearly events = make a special button in edit_events if u want to make it back to normal (from yearly?) and make it possible to edit yearly events in every year.

hope u understand my lovely english

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: melder ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/19/2001 12:45 PM
melder:

1. It's only for security purposes, you can remove it.

2. Should be fixed, zip file updated.

3. That's a good idea, but there isn't even 'change date' there, which is more basic than this one. I'll probably add it later. tipsy
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/20/2001 10:13 AM
fine ....

testboard = board
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/22/2001 10:15 AM
take a look ...

if u make a new event in a threat - the hack create in "ubb_new_topic.cgi" a link like: "}

######################
the edit are right but without edit the link goes dead.

melder test this at ...
http://www.axtien.de/cgi-bin/testboard/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar

#######
and edit in _lib_calendar.cgi line 110 to
#######

if ($numevents == 0) {
}
elsif ($numevents == 1) {
$preday .= qq~$numevents $vars_wordlets_calendar{event}~;
}
elsif ($numevents => 1) {
$preday .= qq~$numevents $vars_wordlets_calendar{events}~;
}

########
so u can make: 1 event and 2 events smile

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: melder ]

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: melder ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/22/2001 10:57 AM
and if u make the "yearly message" in "edit events" make it too for "birthdays" !

###
or can u make that birthdays are dont delete in calendar - only in profil ...
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/26/2001 11:15 AM
hello =!=! ???

... make html "on" in calender like ubbcode if u edit ! so we have no problem if we edit a topic_event include the html link - u understand ?!

and make plz a daily, weeklyy and monthly option too - but only 4 mods and admins - hidden by normal users maybe ...
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/26/2001 3:32 PM
laugh here i am laugh

mmm SSI dont work ...
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/26/2001 4:08 PM
&do_add_event_general is AFTER the [url]/etc are processed.

I don't think HTML should be on, but I might make it.

Daily? It will be in every calendar day tipsy
Weekly/Monthly: If some other people will also ask for it.

BTW, I suggest you to update to v6.1.0, v6.01 is pretty buggy tipsy
Posted By: theStang Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/27/2001 8:38 AM
Undefined subroutine &main::GetOrPost called at /home/bayareag/public_html/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi line 428.

can anyone help me with this? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/27/2001 8:52 AM
You probably have a very old UBB. Remove &GetOrPost("POST"); from ultimatebb.cgi/cp.cgi
Posted By: theStang Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/27/2001 9:31 AM
hey thanks a lot LK it works now... hey does anyone know how I can make it so I can have my calendar be displayed as a forum under one of my categories instead of being way up there where no one sees it.
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/27/2001 6:35 PM
i remove too in _lib_calendar:

line 345 # $eventtitle = FixSubjectEncoding($eventtitle);
line 532 # $in{$key} = FixSubjectEncoding($in{$key});

-------------

1) yes ok make html on - or make a syntax and delete in edit! the

2) daily, weekly and monthly !!! only for admins and mods like we make a daily chat or a weekly ...

3) ssi dont work - u know ?!
quote:
yep, for me neither.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/30/2001 1:24 PM
Fixed laugh
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/03/2001 5:53 PM
no ... ! smile

http://www.axtien.de/cgi-bin/testboard/ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/03/2001 6:33 PM
and plz make a ssi to show ONLY the birthdays today.
Posted By: digital_bots Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/05/2001 3:39 AM
I installed this hack to my ubb 6.05 and now its like dead. I will tell you what happend.

I installed it. Chmoded everything to 755. the hacked looked as if it worked. Then i got a few new members on my page. I noticed in my cp i couldn;t see there email address or passwords.

So I wanted to sign up myself again to see if its me or them why its not working. Then i found that after i used that hack it wont let the password feild or the email address feild log into members profiles.

Then i went into the members dir, looked at some profiles that were made before and after the hack. I saw the the ones after the hack. didn;t look the same as the old ones. Which makes me think that i needed to us the backup copys that i had of the files i edited.

I uploaded them and CHMODED them and went to my ubb and it tells me "Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields." So i reuploaded and chomed the file that i hacked and it was back up but my new members still can;t get on. SO.... now I locked the ubb becase i keep getting "Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields." error. Can some one help me please i am on aol as Digital Bots I need some help fast.
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/05/2001 12:44 PM
@ LK - make HTML on. plz ...
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/05/2001 2:06 PM
digita_bots: rehack ubb_lib.cgi, and if it doesn't help also cp_users.cgi, ubb_profile.cgi, ubb_registration.cgi.

melder: This feature exists in Calendar Hack 1.9 for UBB 6.1.0. Maybe I'll also update the UBB 6.0x version to 1.9, but I have plenty of other things to do and this version isn't even offered in the Members Area tipsy .

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: digital_bots Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/06/2001 3:22 AM
quote:
Screw it. how do ya uninstall it? I used the backups and it get this error about my members log being hacked. So how do i do this. Like what file did this thing change and how do i fix them back so everything can be normal again. Its a great hack its just my ubb doesn't like it.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: digital_bots ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/06/2001 6:43 AM
Oh, that's only ubb_lib.cgi... (the maxmemfields thing) in ubb_lib.cgi, if you can find it, just find 29 and replace with 55. if you xan't, it might be 31 if you installed Last Post Info by Slurpee. (and if you have, I suggest you to change its place to 54 or something if you don't want to have problems with UBB 6.1.0...)
Posted By: digital_bots Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/06/2001 9:17 AM
quote:
So use those numbers if i try to get ride of the calender or use it to let people be able to regeister?
Posted By: digital_bots Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/06/2001 9:19 AM
o here are the hacks i have running if that helps out more
1)Avatars
2)Custom Title
3)Last post
4)UBB Poll
5)Sticky posts
6)Calender
7)Top Sites / Affiliates

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: digital_bots ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/06/2001 6:09 PM
It's if you want people to be able to register/edit profile/access the board if they've already edited their profile.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/08/2001 9:30 AM
MHP file updated to 1.6 tonight, tested on UBB version 6.05 tonight.

https://ubbdev.com/mhk/

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: AllenAyres ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/12/2001 3:01 PM
HTML on - waiting ... laugh
Posted By: EpiK-X Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/13/2001 12:05 AM
I downloaded the hack from the 1st post and installed it manually, but theres a problem whenever i try to add an event it gives me this error:

Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::GetOrPost called at c:PROGRA~1APACHE~1apachecgi-binULTIMA~1.CGI line 384.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Also one more problem, for some reason Multihack doesnt want to recognize my CGI dir?? Did anyone else have any problems like this i have the newest ver. from the multihack website.

If anyone could help me it would be really appreciated.
Posted By: EpiK-X Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/13/2001 7:19 AM
jordo great hack, but i seem to be having some problems with it, it doesn't seem to want to update the birthdays in the already registered members profiles, and when a new membe register it will just show 's birthday it wont show the name.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/13/2001 7:28 AM
Epik: 1. remove &GetOrPost("POST"); from everywhere in ultimatebb.cgi
2. Rehack ubb_profile.cgi, make sure you have
Code
code:
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/13/2001 9:25 AM
hello again laugh

if u edit members in CP !!! u delete the birthday - u know ?

insert the birthdayline into the cp member profile - hope u understand.

... and html ist my love - u know: if u make a birthday include the profile_link in calendar - or u make a new event in a new topic - u become html code in puplic_calendar - and if u edit this events u have a dead html link in public_calendar ...

... ich muß weg (by by ...)
Posted By: EpiK-X Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/14/2001 12:03 AM
LK thanks for the replay

Ya thats the code i have in there it still doesn't work frown

BTW i have UBB 6.05
Posted By: EpiK-X Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/14/2001 12:05 AM
Whoops i mean that I took this out &GetOrPost("POST"); and that part works.

But it still doesn't update the profile or display the birthdays frown , when i add a event it works fine

Melder : I didnt edit anyones profile in CP.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: EpiK-X ]
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/14/2001 10:19 AM
if u have a private part in your board u can edit the "Posting Restrictions" in cp. and if u edit this u delete the birthdays ...
Posted By: EpiK-X Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/14/2001 11:31 PM
I didnt do this, and if I did (and dont remember) i went to update profile and put in the bday and saved it, then i went back to it right after and it was back to january 1st. LK please help.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/15/2001 7:36 AM
Rehack ubb_profile.cgi.
Posted By: EpiK-X Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/15/2001 4:03 PM
With the same code?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/15/2001 4:10 PM
Yes
Posted By: EpiK-X Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/16/2001 4:04 AM
ok i did it, double checked it like 5 times, still doesn't work. I also noticed when i go to edit profile is the birthday drop down boxs supposed to be on top, because i noticed that when i do a new register they are in the middle?
Posted By: melder Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/23/2001 7:43 PM
waiting 4 html code ...
Posted By: BloggerMan Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/24/2001 11:52 PM
Argh!! Double post! I'm so sorry!!

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: BloggerMan ]
Posted By: BloggerMan Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/25/2001 12:39 AM
Help!
When I try to add a new event I get this error:
---------------------------
Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::GetOrPost called at /home/thegrabb/public_html/forums/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi line 384.

---------------------------
Why is it/how can I fix it? Thanks.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/25/2001 1:49 PM
Remove &GetOrPost("POST") from ubb_forum_summary.cgi...
Posted By: BloggerMan Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/25/2001 8:03 PM
I took out both of the &GetOrPost("POST")'s in ultimatebb.cgi, and then it gave me:
-------------------------
Undefined subroutine &main::FixSubjectEncoding called at /home/thegrabb/public_html/forums/cgi/ubb_lib_calendar.cgi line 345.
--------------------------
So I went into ubb_lib_calendar.cgi and took out the two lines with FixSubjectEncoding and it works mint. Thanks!
Posted By: Metro Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 11/27/2001 8:05 PM
I can't seem to find a current version of the Calender to download. Can somebody help me with this?
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 12/06/2001 10:05 PM
I install Hack V1.6 on UBB V6.05. I try to use ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi

I must use it over virtual_include on my board, but all I get is this error message:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Update:

Problem found and solved. Thanks to LK.

Code
code:

Replace with:

Code
code:

Now it work fine to me if I use:

Code
code:

[ 12-08-2001 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Zarzal ]
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 12/17/2001 10:21 PM
quesion ... as i don't feel like reading all 401 posts , is it ok for this hack to work on v 6.04e ???
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 12/17/2001 10:51 PM
Pablo, it should, if it doesn't just remove &GetOrPost from ultimatebb.cgi/maybe cp.cgi.
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 12/18/2001 4:33 PM
tanks .... will try this tomorrow .... i'll let you know how it goes
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 12/19/2001 3:12 PM
agh ! its not available to download .. and i was already to install it and all
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 12/19/2001 6:35 PM
Works now
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/05/2002 2:49 PM
emmm where can you add the list for people that can add calander events ?

-primary settings
-- Calander Events

gives you the option of allow "Only Administrators and selected Members may post new events."
any ideas where the list can be added ?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/05/2002 5:21 PM
CP - Members - View/Edit Member Record - Username/number - edit profile - Able to post in calendar?
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/05/2002 9:02 PM
i re-did cp_users and it worked ... must have gotten tired near the end of the hack

[ 01-05-2002 01:38 PM: Message edited by: pablo ]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/05/2002 10:21 PM
ZIP file updated with v1.9 instructions.

New features:

Uses [32]. No upgrade.cgi because I didn't have the time to convert it wink

[ 01-05-2002 02:25 PM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/06/2002 2:24 AM
Yep It's working on S:C which is great. I liked the new features for the 6.1 version.
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/07/2002 7:10 PM
great .. 1 hour after i get it working there is another version of it
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/09/2002 3:45 AM
Maybe LK can make a Upgrade doc for you.
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/22/2002 6:34 PM
ok ... i'm gona change this again ... i hope there isn't another version on the rocks ?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/22/2002 7:33 PM
Don't worry, you'll be stuck with this version until I'll find another bug
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/22/2002 7:47 PM
emmm ...

if i get an error
Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields on the CP ... where would it be most likely that i messed up ...

PS. HIPPY BARFDAY !
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/22/2002 8:19 PM
Thanks

All existing users should still use 55 in ubb_lib.cgi. Only new ones (if it's the first time) should use 32.

So rehack ubb_lib.cgi, but use 55 instead of 32.

[ 01-22-2002 12:20 PM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/22/2002 11:45 PM
its all screwie frown
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/23/2002 7:29 AM
Can you send me your cp_wordlets.cgi? (pm, email, etc)
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/23/2002 10:57 AM
LK , you seem to have an extra {
in
[code][/code]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/23/2002 5:25 PM
Oh, it should have been without }... Thanks!

[ 01-23-2002 09:44 AM: Message edited by: LK ]
Posted By: Y2k2-TEST Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/23/2002 8:18 PM
I have a UBB 6.04 running in my system, and i install your very nice hack "Calendar v1.9 for UBB 6.0x" it's work ok.

But i have a problem.

The system, add a event in vars_calendar_events.cgi with random line breaks, and it make a mounster file of 1MB only with 2 birthday's events. This file make all my forum system slow.

I delete the file and it's ok. What is the problem? I'm running on Windows2000 Advanced Server.

Any can help me?
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/24/2002 2:05 PM
LK : when an admin edits the profile on the CP , it removes the Bday info.

also , i am having a similar problem about the size of the vars_calendar_events.cgi and the speed.

[ 01-24-2002 11:36 AM: Message edited by: pablo ]
Posted By: pablo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/26/2002 3:31 PM
*kaBUMP*
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/26/2002 3:40 PM
I have no idea what's the problem with vars_calendar_events.cgi.. About the other thing, I used some 6.1 code in that version
Posted By: Y2k2-TEST Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/27/2002 1:14 AM
I think that you have a some bug's in the add_event to calendar subroutine.

I disable this funtion and it work ok, but my users can't add events or you Birthday day. =(
Posted By: Preppie Rand Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/27/2002 5:07 PM
H'lo.

I tried skimming through most of the posts here, but... 41 pages... ouch. Not really sure if it's come up already, but if it has, my apologies.

I'm running 6.04c, and I've got qasic's Who's On hack installed. This works fine... as does the Calendar, but not together. I've fiddled around with the codes to try and see if I can make it compatible, but to no avail.

Is this simply something that can't be done, or is there a trick that I haven't picked up yet?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/27/2002 10:24 PM
1) It probably has nothing to do with your problem, but I found a samll bug in sub add_event_general. Please upload the new ubb_lib_calendar.cgi...

2) Calendar hack is supposed to also work with WOL, I think most sites that have calendar hack have it.
Posted By: Y2k2-TEST Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/27/2002 11:40 PM
Hi LK please check my vars_calendar_events.cgi

------------------------------ start
Y2KTEST||2452302||TEST||TEST!!!

Y2KTEST||2452636||TEST||TEST
Y2KTEST||2452319||GDFGFDG||DFGDFGDFG
------------------------------- end

I now upload a new ubb_lib_calendar, but i have the same problem. It make a blank lines at the time to append a new information.

[ 01-27-2002 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Y2k2-TEST ]
Posted By: Preppie Rand Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 01/30/2002 4:25 PM
Hrm... well, I tried again, following all the instructions, but once more... when I installed the Calendar, it simply replaced the Who's On.

Just guessing here, but it might have something to do with the SSI involved... I've checked the code, though, and I can't figure it out myself. *grimace* Asking on the Who's On thread as well, maybe they'll turn up with something?
Posted By: Y2k2-TEST Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/05/2002 8:38 AM
I have again the same problem.

if i delete blank lines of my file, at the moment to add new event, it make again the more blank lines.

I think that it have a problem with the Arraid variable.

Please i have a calendar off to write to file, because it make a mounster file that make my system very slowly.

I have 6.04c with 2000, Who is online, and another add-ons.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/09/2002 3:18 PM
I have no idea what's the cause of this problem and I can't download 6.05... Can anyone find the problem?
Posted By: Sukeband Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/09/2002 11:16 PM
I've been lurking here for a while. I did this to the do_add_event_general subroutine. It seems to work.

code:
 sub do_add_event_general {
## $_[0] => Title of the event
## $_[1] => Julian date of the event
## $_[2] => whether or not to check for duplicate event names (1 for yes, 0 for no)
## $_[3] => event description
## $_[4] => Login name of poster. this is not required

require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_calendar.cgi";

## The subject/description can't be empty!
if ($_[0] eq '') { &StandardHTML("$vars_wordlets_calendar{input_error}"); }
if ($_[3] eq '') { &StandardHTML("$vars_wordlets_calendar{input_error}"); }

#@file = &OpenFileAsArray("$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_calendar_events.cgi");

$file[$#file + 1] = "$_[4]
Posted By: Sukeband Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/09/2002 11:18 PM
More code

code:
 	open(FILE, ">>$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_calendar_events.cgi");
&lock;

print FILE "$_[4]
Posted By: Sukeband Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/09/2002 11:23 PM
sorry to keep posting, but the prior fix seems to work okay, but the blanks spaces in the vars_caledar_events still happens when you delete events. But when you add events the file gets appended nicely.

-rob
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/12/2002 6:52 AM
ZIP file updated. I'm using Rob's code for new events, trying something else for review and fixed a bug in ubb_new_topic.cgi.

Upload: ubb_new_topic.cgi, ubb_lib_calendar.cgi.
Posted By: frizti Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/12/2002 12:06 PM
I found another error. On the review todays events page, there is a checkbox to delete an event. If i check the box and hit submit i get this error:

Undefined subroutine &main::LoadStyleTemplate called at /var/www/cgi-bin/ubb_lib_calendar.cgi line 678.

Frizti
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/12/2002 4:48 PM
Oops, fixed shocked
Posted By: Tiffany A Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/13/2002 2:59 AM
I'm going crazy trying to figure out why after I added the avatar hack from qasic, my calendar stopped working. The link shows on the main forum page, the status shows that there are no new events, but if you click on the caldnar link it just brings you to an absolutely BLANK screen. Any ideas? See what I mean....

http://www.e-clipse.com/UBBCGI/ultimatebb.cgi

Thanks! mad
Posted By: frizti Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/13/2002 3:24 AM
Thanks to some quick responses from LK i got my calendar to work.
The only small problem i now still have is getting the little calendar to show using ssi.
I made a small test.html, and when i use it reports the events in plain text as it should do.

When i try to use however, it reports [an error occurred while processing this directive]. my webserver's error log shows "invalid CGI ref"

Am i doing something wrong, or is there an error in the ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi file itself ??

tia,
Frizti

my test.html
Posted By: Y2k2-TEST Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/13/2002 11:43 PM
Hi LK thanks for the update it's now work ok! but you forgett "n" in ubb_lib_calendar.cgi

$stuff = "$_[4]||$_[1]||$_[0]||$_[3]";

I re-write your line:
$stuff = "$_[4]||$_[1]||$_[0]||$_[3]n";

I will test..
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/14/2002 7:44 AM
Tiffany A: Are you sure 'public_calendar_display.pl' file is uploaded to the NonCGI folder?

frizti: [code][/code]What's the difference? tipsy If you mean that it worked before but now it stopped working, try to add a space before -->.

Y2k2-TEST: Thanks, ZIP file updated smile
Posted By: Terlone Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/19/2002 10:15 PM
This hack is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!! I have UBB 6.01 (I can't upgrade), and everything installed ok, except when i click to add an event (after I filled out the info for the event), I receive a page with this error:

Software error: Undefined subroutine &main: :FixSubjectEncoding called at /var/www/cgi-bin/ubb_lib_calendar.cgi line 370

Also, if i update a profile with the birthday info, the calendar doesn't display it.

Whatever help you could offer i would greatly appreciate it. This is something I would love to have on my site.

Mark
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 02/19/2002 10:27 PM
So remove 'FixSubjectEncoding(' and ')' right afterwards from ubb_lib_calendar.cgi... BTW, 6.01 is very buggy, every child can hack it! I suggest you to upgrade.
Posted By: azure Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 03/04/2002 12:59 AM
I just added this hack to my board, and it isn't showing up anywhere. I followed all of the steps and cleared my cache, etc. Can anyone help me?!

Board is here:
http://drac.sexybee.net
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 03/09/2002 9:13 AM
New 6.04d installation? Upgrade to 6.2.1.
Posted By: stanmo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/15/2002 9:45 AM
Anyone knows what's wrong?

Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::FixSubjectEncoding called at /www/e46toronto/cgi-bin/ubb_lib_calendar.cgi line 370.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/15/2002 12:24 PM
Remove FixSubjectEncoding anywhere in ubb_lib_calendar
Posted By: stanmo Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/15/2002 5:19 PM
WOW!

Thank you very much LK! You rule!
Posted By: pseudocode Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/19/2002 9:14 PM
Awesome hack!! I found a bug in ubb_lib_calendar.cgi, however.

ubb=calendar&date=$j">$preday";

should read

ubb=calendar_event_review&date=$j">$preday";

in order to display the details for each calendar entry. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this hack. It is a welcome addition.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/20/2002 4:36 PM
pseudo, only admins/mods/special users can access it tipsy I suggest you to leave it as ?ubb=calendar&date=... tipsy
Posted By: pseudocode Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/21/2002 8:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
pseudo, only admins/mods/special users can access it tipsy I suggest you to leave it as ?ubb=calendar&date=... tipsy

Thanks. My problem is that I without changing that line, even admins can't view the event details. I think I have issues in cp_user. I'll rehack it and see.
Posted By: pseudocode Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/21/2002 8:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pseudocode:
quote:
Originally posted by LK:

Thanks. My problem is that I without changing that line, even admins can't view the event details. I think I have issues in cp_user. I'll rehack it and see.
:( No luck. When I access my users' profiles via CP, I don't see where to give them permission. confused I obviously missed something - but what?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/21/2002 8:59 PM
ICQ? AIM? MSN? Yahoo!?
Posted By: pseudocode Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/22/2002 8:50 PM
AIM: highside362

Thanks!
Posted By: card_captor Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 04/28/2002 10:45 AM
It does not work in UBB v6.05, can I have the older version!?
Posted By: Malfiesties Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 05/08/2002 12:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by frizti:
Thanks to some quick responses from LK i got my calendar to work.
The only small problem i now still have is getting the little calendar to show using ssi.
I made a small test.html, and when i use it reports the events in plain text as it should do.

When i try to use however, it reports [an error occurred while processing this directive]. my webserver's error log shows "invalid CGI ref"

Am i doing something wrong, or is there an error in the ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi file itself ??

tia,
Frizti

my test.html

I am having the same problem, The plain-text message appears just fine, but the little calendar, spawned with
will give me the error that fritzi experienced.

Thanks for any help!

Update -- I figured this out!!

You have to change the code in ultimatebb.cgi from this:

if ($ubb eq 'calendar_ssi') {
do "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi"; exit;
}

to this:

if ($ubb eq 'calendar_ssi') {
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi";
&calendar_ssi;
exit;
}

Also, to call the calendar, you must use this:

Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 05/09/2002 10:55 PM
Please somebody take over calendar 1.9, I don't have 6.05 and I don't plan on having it tipsy
Posted By: Dark s.s. Trunks Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 06/28/2002 10:22 PM
Hey I have the 16 custom field hack installed.

Today i just installed the calendar hack and ran into a small problem.... when someone changes their profile some of the other Custom Fields change and become overrided.... like will say some like 23423/no or 23423/yes.. or somthing like that and they get all mixed up... I found by uploading my backupfiles of ubb_profile.cgi that goes away what is in this file i need to fix for this not to happen any more plz help.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/03/2002 3:07 AM
Maybe your using a profile field already in use.
Posted By: Dark s.s. Trunks Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/08/2002 2:06 AM
I have tryed changing fields. Could you tell me what the default field that this calendar hack use's ?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 07/08/2002 3:41 AM
55 I think. Can't rememeber.
Posted By: shattertruth Re: [6.0x] UBB Calendar v1.9 - 10/03/2003 4:25 AM
was looking for the hack, but found it
© UBB.Developers