UBB.Dev
Folks,

I just finished developing a tool that allows UBB users to upload photos to a public gallery.

You can download it here:

http://perl.bobbitt.ca/album

If you want to see it in action here it is:

Upload photo page:
http://perl.bobbitt.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=upload

View photo gallery:
http://perl.bobbitt.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl

Looking for feedback...
WOW! I have been searching a long time for such a hack, I really would like to use it but the only thing i'm missing is the ability for users to create their own sections/directories/categories and the possibility to list all categories
a) alphabetically
b) by date (chronologically)
c) by user who uploaded the pictures
It would be also a great thing to resize all thumbnails to the same size, so the overview would look more 'clean' -
GREAT! please drop me an email concerning this hack 2
[email protected]
thanks a lot and i'm wondering why noone else seems to be intersted in this hack frown
chris
http://technoforum.de
I've put the scripts online at http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/. They still need some work, but it's coming along.

I like your ideas, I'll throw them on to the "to do" list. They're certainly all possible. The thumbnails are actually built as files (using Thotor, a thumbnail generator), so they can be built according to personal taste. I'd love to have an "on the fly" thumbnail generator, but I haven't been able to find one...

Thanks, and keep the comments coming!

[ June 14, 2001 02:05 PM: Message edited by: bobbitt ]
I really like this and have downloaded the .zip file. I would be all for having you clean it up and make installing it easier. Looking at the files, I see you have a large range of directories that the script uses. (/data/photos) or (d:/profiles/bobbitt/Inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/photo.gif") and (../img/photo.gif).

I'd love to test this out for myself but knowing what to change and not to change seems to be the headache here.

Great idea though, congrats on pushing it out to all of us. Hope to see some instructions with this.

*edit* It's going slowly but I'm putting it together step by step.

Perhaps the "Error - Error opening file for writing" comment when trying to write to the gallery directory could be clearer. I didn't know if it was the log file or the image that it couldn't open. (Had to set my permissions to my gallery directory to chmod 666).

Also, one has to create a 0 byted log file (gallery.log) before the log file will start working. Perhaps include this in your zip file. At least, that's what I had to do before I could get past the log error messages smile

Another idea (sorry, just brain storming) is a file size limit. Someone could rename a 500meg bin file to image01.jpg and submit it, crashing the server.

Question: If a user is banned from the message board, will the gallery script detect this and disallow photo submissions? Can a user who's IP is banned from posting on UBB still submit as well?

Ever thought of a rating system? Users could vote for their favorite image. Then you could have a "Top 10 Images" within the photo gallery.

This has great potential and I hope you continue to work on it in your spare time as it will get a lot of use and support!

Last note: Just got it working. For anyone wanting to install this, throw it into your cgi-bin directory and run the gallery.pl or album.pl from your browser. Any errors will happen on screen and you can fix them in the associated .pl file.

p2kay

[ June 12, 2001 07:55 AM: Message edited by: p2k ]
Ok, the 2 major things I'm working on first are:

[*] Merging gallery.pl and album.pl into one program, so they can share settings.

[*] Moving all the settings out to a config file, and cleaning up the installation instruvtions.

Once that's done, I think I'll be in a better position to address the other requests. Keep nagging me if you don't hear from me in a few days...

Cheers

Edit: Wow, P2K your post changed on me! I'll have to go back and read it again, looks like you've added some great feedback. Thanks! (Just wanted to say that I wasn't ignoring your message with this post...)

[ June 12, 2001 11:00 AM: Message edited by: bobbitt ]
smile

Thanks Mike for adding your work here, I am gonna move this thread to our "beta" forum, you should see a good bit more response there...:D
Thanks. It looks like my request for feedback has turned into more of a beta trial... smile

Cheers

[ June 12, 2001 11:31 AM: Message edited by: bobbitt ]
im thinking of making this replace my page:
http://www.411hype.com/html/memberphotos.shtml

but id hafta do alot of mods hm......i think ill watch this hakc progress into a UBB hack not a stand alone as it is right now
Gallery Update.

This update is without any changes (visual appeal, added tables, layout etc).

Perhaps Bobbitt can help me on this as I've run into a little problem.

In the demo you provided in the original thread, you posted a link and in this link it had categories.

This I figured out by creating sub-directories within the Photo_Album directory. All is fine when you upload an image and select the category. I check the server and the image is placed in the proper directory.

My question is, how do I go about showing these directories/categories in the album.pl file as shown in the working demo you created? Is there a line I've forgotten to edit manually?

Once I get this working I want to see how well I'll be able to mold it into a sites looks with tables and what not.

Thanks!

A fellow Canadian (Toronto),

pTWOk
Both files should automatically sense all the directories created under your $rootdir.

For gallery.pl, that means that they will automatically show up as categories to upload photos under, and for album.pl, they appear as "albums" with the appropriate photos inside.

I'm not sure if that answered your question or not...

If you give me the URL you're working with (PM if you don't want to make it public) I'll see if I can figure out what's going on...

Cheers
I like this - looks like a great idea.

A few ideas would be to limit the file size of uploads, make it so that members could see from thier profile which images they have uploaded and are given the ability to delete ones that they no longer want there.

This would be usefull as many of my UBB members do not have webspace and hense can not add images to posts. With this feature, members could upload images and add them into post much more easily.

Keep up the good work.
quote:
I, for one, hope it remains a standalone... ubb integration is cool, but it always means editing of files for every ubb upgrade... plus, those of us on the beta team can't edit any ubb files...

That doesn't mean, however, that the code can't be cleaned up, optimized, with tighter variable integration... wouldn't it be nice to just upload scripts without having to edit them first? laugh

We already have at least one general purpose file upload script integrated into the ubb...:)
I tend to agree with Allen. I've moved all the config info out to a separate file now, so upgrading the album software will just mean dropping the new script in place and making sure it can find the config file. Still working on getting the upload functionality merged, but I expect I'll have a new version ready to go later on tonight...
Ok, 3.0 is ready. This essentially has the 2 changes above put in. The config info is in album.cfg, and the old gallery.pl is now merged into the script. (So you only have to set config info once!)

This should make the install/config process much easier to deal with. I haven't had a chance to look at most of the other requests yet, but hopefully I've managed to capture them in the "To Do" section of album.html.

Cheers

[ June 14, 2001 02:06 PM: Message edited by: bobbitt ]
GREAT I have been looking for a hack like this for a long time!
The config portion still needs some work, but it's passable now. If anyone gets stuck, just post here, PM or e-mail me and I'll do my best to help out.

Cheers
Ok, 3.1 is out:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album31.zip

Updates:

• Can use UBB authentication or flatfile DB authentication.
  • For UBB authentication, can have users automatically upload photos into their own directories. Users can only upload into their "personal" directory.
  • Several bug fixes.

Cheers
Sounds good Mike smile
Hi! Whe are probably stupid but we try to install your album for 2 hours(and we are not newbies) now and we just do not understand your installation. Can you please tell us what directory and files we have to create and where they go with the appropriate chmod. For sure you are not the king for editing a mods.
quote:
The album.pl file has to be in your cgi-bin directory. From there, edit the $configfile line in it to set the location of album.cfg (can be in the cgi-bin directory as well). Then edit album.cfg to set all your paths and preferences. You'll need to create a directory to hold all your photos, and make it world writable if you want to be able to upload or add descriptions through the web.

Now run album.pl from the web. If there are any problems, you'll get an error message. If not, any photos in your new directory will be displayed.

An overview of the installation process is in the album.html file. It needs work, but it's a start.

If you can give me the error message your getting, and what you've done to this point, I'm sure we can figure it out.

Cheers

[ July 09, 2001 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
we can understand that....but the real problem is we have to create some directories to put the photo_address.txt...descriptions.txt...the.css and the images and the icons etc. And what about the categories and all that stufff. Can you please give us the exact way you installed it on your server to do it work? All the directories and where they are. We work now for 7 hours on your ****** and we are realy getting realy upset now.

Why dont you give a real installation text with those scripts.
Thank you :rolleyes:
Here's what I have:

/Photo_Album.css --> World Readable
/cgi-bin/album.pl --> World Executable
/cgi-bin/album.cfg --> World Readable
/img/photo.gif --> World Readable
/img/album.gif --> World Readable
/Photo_Album/ --> World Writable
/Photo_Album/descriptions.txt --> World Writable [Optional]
/Photo_Album/subdir --> World Writable
/Photo_Album/somephoto.jpg --> World Readable
../logs/gallery.log --> World Writable
../auth_db --> World Readable

I think that's about it. If you turn off options like "notify" then you don't have to worry about things like photo_address.txt. I'd recommend turning all the "options" off and getting it to work that way, then turn on the ones you want. Should narrow things down.

Also, if you want to send me the web site layout, your config file, and your URL, I can probably help out. (You can PM or e-mail me with it.)

Sorry the install is so hard. Believe it or not, I have cleaned it up!

Cheers
Still have problems....i never saw something like that!!!!!

http://www.astro23.com/cgi-bin/astro/album.pl
http://www.astro23.com/cgi-bin/astro/album.pl?function=enter_desc
http://www.astro23.com/cgi-bin/astro/album.pl?slideshow=x
http://www.astro23.com/cgi-bin/astro/album.pl?function=upload

Here is the address of my UBB.
http://www.astro23.com
Take a look inside, it is a very big UBB with a big big traffic
I am in Montréal wink
It is working now here is what we did:

In album.pl

search

$albumprog=$webroot."/".$relalbum."/".$albumprog;

replace by:

$albumprog=$relalbum."/".$albumprog;

in album.cfg

search:

# Relative path to album.pl, from "webroot" as defined above.
relalbum=../cgi-bin

replace by:

# Url path to album.pl
relalbum=http://yoursite.com/cgi-bin
Interesting. Thanks for turning debug on, it was helpful, though you seem to have found a solution. The way it should work is:

webroot=http://www.astro23.com/ubb/photo

relalbum=../../cgi-bin

That should work as well, with no code changes required. I'm not sure what else will break if you use relalbum and $albumprog like you are. Maybe nothing, but maybe something... They just weren't designed to be used that way.

As a side note, it looks like you're using 3.0, not 3.1 (3.1 is better, it fixes a number of bugs). You can get 3.1 at http://perl.cdnarmy.ca.

Cheers

[ June 16, 2001 05:57 PM: Message edited by: bobbitt ]
yes but depend where you put your directories. If you let the code as his, we can not put the directories somerhelse the cgi-bin....so that way we did it.

What a day!!!!! lol wink Thank you anyway this is a nice hack
quote:
Not for nothing but the title of this forum is "V6 Mods in Beta". You didn't buy his "unfinished" software, so try and be nicer to someone writing you free software.

Great hack BTW. I have been using an SQL/Cold Fusion script on my site for my gallery, but I am trying to move away from Cold Fusion.

Also you mentioned you used Thotor, a thumbnail generator to create the thumbnails, how hard would it be to automate the thumbnail creation of .jpgs. What I could love is, Someone uploads a say, 600X300 picture, then a 200X100 thumbnail would be generated. Then if someone uploaded a 600X600 picture a 200X200 thumbnail would be made, always maintaining Aspect ratios. The way my gallery is now, the viewer has to wait for every full sized picture to load to see a new pic.

Thanks and Keep up the good work.
I'd love to generate thumbnails as part of the script. What I really want to do is generate them on the fly, but that would probably be a performance issue.

So I guess I'm in the market for a freeware cross platform command line thumbnail generator to tie in. Haven't found one yet. smile

Still, it's a good idea though. If no corresponding thmb_ file exists, just generate it and keep going. That way the first time you view pictures, it may be a bit slower, but after that the thumnails will already be there.

If anyone knows of a thumbnail tool that fits the bill, please let me know!

Thanks
Hi Bobbit
Take a look there
http://astro23.com/cgi-bin/astro/album.pl?album=Signatures
We just force the big image to show in 30 x 30 Pixels and it is ok for now. Of course the images keep the bytes weigth of the full size but for now until we find a better solution it is doing the job for me. Anyway, we keep working on it and i'll tell you if we find a permanent solution. wink Thanks again
Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I thought about it, but it the downside is that it loads the full image for each picture. The upside is that once it's loaded, caching will make browsing the album very fast. I think I'll make it an option.

I run this on one album that has about 6,000 pictures in it, so pre-loading the full size images would be a pain. But for smaller albums, I can see it would do the trick.

Thanks
FYI, some users have been having trouble editing the .cfg or .pl files. Apparently, some editors save the file in such a way that it corrupts it, and causes server errors...
Version 3.2 is now available at http://perl.cdnarmy.ca. Updates are a bit of code cleanup, some bug fixed, and the display has been updated a bit. As always, if you have any problems, just let me know.

Cheers
Nice work Mike. Once I found my server specific problem etc I upgraded to this version edited what I needed and worked like a charm. I even got the style sheets going. Great Job!!

http://www.reeftalk.com/cgi-bin/album.pl

Chuck
Note: omegatron found a bug in 3.2 which has just been fixed. If you downloaded 3.2 before this message was posted, please re-download.

I hope to have some time this week to start making life for album users easier, thanks for bearing with me...
Anybody else find this GAPPING security whole in this one??? Or did I use a bad practice when implementing this one...

I have my Photo Root dir to:
C:/webroot/boardname/noncgi/photo/

If you use the following URL...

http://YourURLhere/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=../../../..

It'll let you go all the way back to the root.....

FYI, or for just for my info, what's with this?
Ouch!

I failed to notice that one, thanks for pointing it out. It could result in users being able to see directory structures and view images from anywhere on your file system. Very bad.

At any rate, I have fixed this in 3.3, now available from http://perl.cdnarmy.ca. I was hoping to fit more into 3.3, but this has forced me to put it out a bit early.

Good eye.
Oh, I should also point out the other changes in 3.3:

• Better use of CGI package.
  • The rest of the subtitles have been turned into buttons (if you have usebuttons enabled).
  • Added next and previous buttons for album view.
  • Sub albums now [finally] work correctly in both online and static modes.
  • You can now specify an alternate config file, through the web: album.pl?configfile=/home/user/www/album.cfg. (Allows multple albums from one installation, or multiple views of the same album.)
  • Added a security check into the sanity tests. (See above)
  • And, as usual, random bug fixes.
Awesome Update, installing it NOW!! 8)..
Thanks Much for the new code!...

I can't take all the credit for that find, one of my users found it for me 8)...

Good thing though, it still follows the rules, and only displayed .jpg .gif & .bmp (and I added .PNG) cuz it's supported by IE and most my users use that sooo.... 8)...

Talk to ya soon 8)
Nice Work Mike. I must point out thought that I tried his security hole and it did not work here. I could only assume his whole site is world everything. I have my directories set correctly so only files you could get into was gallery but then I guess one has to know how to do that smile Better to write it into the program than have someone do it manually.
Well I installed the updated and same thing...

You can naviate backwards by adding the:

album=/../../

I'm Using IIS v5 on Win2k SP2, and I'm looking in to my permissions now.. But I don't think I have them set that way...

Checked permissions... No Issues there, only Default Admin Shares, nothing else.. 8(...

[ June 26, 2001 10:17 PM: Message edited by: ampere ]
Yep, caught me again. The check was too simplistic. I've updated it once again, this time it should catch the problem.

While I was at it, I also closed off another couple of potential holes, where users might have been able to use special shell characters (such as | or >) to do funny stuff.

I didn't bother making this a new version, so if you re-download 3.3, you'll get this fix.

As for omegatron's comment about the security hole being fixable by good permissions, I'd rather have the script do the right thing, as opposed to making the user worry about yet another problem. smile

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the hole, and keep the feedback coming! (Yeah, even the negative stuff :))

[ June 26, 2001 10:17 PM: Message edited by: bobbitt ]
Grrrrrreat!!!

It's fixed....

Failed basic sanity test: Sorry, you can't use a relative path for the album!!!

Cross that one off the list 8)...

Thanks AGAIN!!!

BTW, do you mind if people come up with some pretty attractive sytle templates, and distribute them through you?... Just curious if your interested... 8).. Cuz you'd be the best resource to horde them... 8)..
Glad to hear I finally nailed it.

As for the style sheets, I think it's a great idea. The one provided is about as basic as they come, so something with a little imagination would be pretty cool.

Send 'em along, and I'll start either including them in the .zip or hosting them at the download page.

Thanks
Excellent, I have a whole group of web developers / graphics guys @ my disposal.. I'll hopefully get some up to you by this weekend 8)..
I want to know if I could use this script (modify it slightly) to allow my members to upload a .map file (custom mapping for a fuel injected Suzuki GSX-R)

It is very close to what I need

I also have a gallery script (still beta and buggy) running at my site, you might want to take a look at it here: www.gixxer.com/gallery
I did not say we had to do it by hand. I just pointed out that with the proper permissions set the issue is not a bug. I tried to do it my server would not let me smile

Nice Hack and if I find anything else I'll let ya know but its shaping up nicely.
Jonny,

You sure can. There's an item in the config file called "imgexts" which is supposed to list the image extensions (jpg, bmp, gif, etc). If you put map in there, it'll allow people to upload only .map files.

Now the catch is that it'll try to "img src" them to display them in a browser, so if that doesn't work for a .map file (which I doubt) then you'd have to change a bit of code. I'm not sure how you'd want to deal with a .map file, probably just download it with a "href" maybe?

At any rate, it's possible, though it would require a bit of customization. BTW, that's a pretty cool gallery you've got there. Might just put me out of business... smile

omegatron,

Yeah, I agree. If you have everything above your web root as unreadable to your web server process (which is good design) then it's not a problem. But I'd still rather put the "safety features" into the script. It's bloody hard enough to configure as it is! smile

[ June 27, 2001 05:54 AM: Message edited by: bobbitt ]
Yikes! That ../../../ bug is really nasty but at least I got a look at what my hosting provider also has on the system. smile

p2kay!
Ok, I'm trying to set my focus for the next round of updates. What's your preference for the next release:

• Improved documentation
  • Improved installation
  • Search capability
  • "Jump to" drop box for albums
  • Custom header/footer
  • Auto thumbnails
  • User comments/ratings on photos
  • "Page views" for photos
  • Something else? (Make your suggestion!)
These are just some of the things floating around in my head, but I'd rather spend my time on what people are going to use. So if you have a preference, let me know!

Thanks

[ June 27, 2001 09:56 AM: Message edited by: bobbitt ]
auto thumbnail
members comment ans rating

smile
thanks bobbit

for auto thumbnails you can run Image Magik on your server.

Where abouts in Ottawa are you anyways? I am over in Vancouver
Image Magik eh? I'll have to check that out. Have a link handy?

I'm actually just outside Ottawa, but we've all been amalgamated into one city now... Looks like there are a few of us canucks here...

Anyway, thanks for the info.
http://www.imagemagick.org/
Excellent. I'll check it out.

What I don't want though is for people to have to compile and install Image Magick in order to use album.pl. But I'll see what I can come up with...
I just can't get it to run!

I have 4 or more different types of perl scripts running fine, but this one is making me pull my hair out!

500 Internal Server Error is all I get no matter how I try to muck with the .cfg file and permissions.

does it run on Unix?

I have UBB 6.04f running fine.

What am I doing wrong?

[ June 29, 2001 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Jonny Bravo ]
I run the script on Windows and UNIX just fine. A few people are seeing this, so I'd love to nail it down.

I have a couple of theories, the most likely of which is that the .cfg and/or .pl files weren't FTP'd in ASCII mode. That would cause some problems, and would likely show itself as a 500 error.

Alternatively, my suspicion is that the .cfg file has been edited by an editor that leaves funny characters.

At any rate, if you have shell access, and can run "perl album.pl" in your cgi-bin directory, that'll give us a more clear error code to work with. Hopefully then I can wrap this up for everyone who's dealing with it.

Thanks!

[ June 29, 2001 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
well I started all over from scratch, set the dirs the same as per yours, used a plain jane text editor, use AceFTP and set to ASCII mode and got the same results.

Currently I have no shell access to the account.

Anything else I can try?
Darn, that's usually it. It looks like if any lines have leading or training whitespace in the .cfg file, it may cause problems. Including "blank" lines that are a space, instead of being empty.

I'm working on fixing these problem in 3.4, but that doesn't do you much good right now. Plus, since I'm not sure what your specific issue is, I'm not sure I've fixed it...
Johnny these are the exact things I was having problem with. However I have shell access and used that finally since editors dont work. If you want to send me your settings I can make a .cfg file for you?
I think I have it fixed. Just polishing up and will hopefully have something ready for download later tonight.

Cheers

[ July 01, 2001 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Ok, it's up. Give it a shot:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca

Good luck!
I should point out that this release will probably fix the 500 Internal Server Error problem, but in cases where the config file is "broken" it will only turn a 500 error into a PERL error.

The root cause is that the config file isn't being loaded properly, due to some issue that appears when it is transferred or edited in some cases. Hopefully this will at least allow us to diagnose problems more effectively...
Yeah now if there was just a way to have auto thumbnails I think this think would be out of beta. smile
May I make a suggestion?

Individual icons for each indivudual photo album directory. Currently, it uses the album.gif file.

So if you have a directory for Flowers, you can assign a flower icon for the Flowers dir, a dog for your dogs directory, etc.

pee2wokay!
Good idea. The immediate options that come to mind are:

1. Have the icon file defined in descriptions.txt somehow. (Like the first line could be "album_icon.gif=Album Description").

2. Automatically use a thumbnail if it's name matches the album (directory) name and exists in the album's parent directory.

3. Automatically use a thumbnail if it matches a pre-defined name (such as album_icon.gif) and exists in the album itself.

Each option has its ups and downs, I'll have to think about the best implementation...
Ok, I'm finally wrapping up the last of the 500 internal server errors. If anyone is still having this problem, contact me and I'll be able to get you sorted out in short order.

Cheers
Ok, come and get it: http://perl.cdnarmy.ca

Version 3.5 is out, changes are:
  • Added line numbers to every debug statement.
  • Fixed (the last?) of the 500 errors.
  • Added a couple more (very basic) style sheets.
  • Added ability for albums to have their own thumbnails. File must be named thmb_albumname.gif, where thmb_ is the thumbprefix and albumname is the exact name of the directory/folder that is your album. The thumbnail must be put at the same level as the album directory (not in it). (Thanks P2K!)
I know, auto thumbnails aren't there yet. I'm having a hell of a time with it. Everything I've seen so far requires that you have some *other* special package installed first. I really want this script to be standalone. (As has been pointed out, it's hard enough to install by itself; who needs dependancies!)

I'll keep you posted...

Edit: Forgot to mention - album thumbnails need to be a .gif file, at least for the moment... (However, I've renamed JPGs to .gif, and they still work fine. The browser knows it's actually a .JPG and renders it accordingly...)

[ July 03, 2001 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
autothumbnails HMMM. Thats what I am waiting on.
3.6 is ready:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/

Still no auto thumbnails, but I haven't given up. It's just turning into a much bigger project.

At any rate, here are the changes in 3.6, hopefully they'll keep people happy for a bit:

• Added ``movie_upload'' config item. When set to a non-zero value, movie uploads are permitted as well. (See movieexts config item.) Note that the upload_size_limit is still enforced, so you'll probably want to raise this value if you allow movie uploads. You can use this feature to allow your gallery to handle (and upload) binary or custom files (zip, exe, etc).
  • Added ``jump_to'' config item. Allows you to have a drop box displayed for albums to jump between peer albums.
  • Added ``viewfile'' config item. Allows you to keep track of (and display) the number of times each picture has been viewed.
  • Albums now have a border, so you can tell them from regular photos when you're using album icons.
  • Fixed up some style sheet stuff. (If a style sheet is used, the tag doesn't contain formatting and colour info.)
  • When entering descriptions, you automatically advance to the next photo.
  • Fixed up the revision history section of the documentation.

Enjoy, and as always, please send me your feedback!

[ July 05, 2001 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Just a heads up Mike. I will also email you. I installed your 3.6 version last night. I do not know if this is a prior bug or not since these parameters were never tested.

A member uploaded a pic and then put a quite lengthy description to it. All I know is when I went to check the gallery I had my albums and a new picture actually in the album screen not in the individual directory like it is suppose to be? Maybe the program gets confused with the lengthy description? I fixed everything and photo is where it belongs. I uploaded a photo to test and mine went fine. I even put a long lengthy description. Go figure I could not duplicate the problem. I tried to make it easy for ya but alas who knows what went wrong.
Hmmm that is interesting. I'll have to do some tests and run through the code.

Thanks for the heads up...
Security Bug Notice #3 by ampere...

When appending the following:
/album.pl?album=../../../../../%00
to the URL running Album v3.5 & still testing v3.6...

It displays the entire contents of the volume's root.... WITHOUT the %00 @ the end... It will not display ALL types of files, only the folders....

ALSO, when trying to retrieve the newly discovered files, it'll only send album.html, thus making it not hazardous in of itself, but just being able to browse the structure & filenames, could be used in many other ways, to get much farther in to the system...

ESPECIALLY when used in conjunction with the IIS v4.0 & v5.0 security flaws (still present on many systems even after SP2)...

Code
code:

Add that to the .pl or .cgi

Code
code:

BTW- I must thank two of my users, MIG [[email protected]] & idlei for helping me uncover both of the above issues, and Mike Bobbit for everything else on this hack!!!

[ July 07, 2001 02:23 PM: Message edited by: ampere ]
Gulp! Missed another one!

Ok, so now 3.7 is out:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca.

Updates/fixes:

• Fixed bug with jumpstation when using debug, a function or a password.
  • Added ``album_border'' config item. Used to define the width of the border shown for album icons.
  • Jump station no longer shows up when there are no peer albums now.
  • Now uploads also use the updateDesc function - fixes the upload overwrite problem where the description was not updated.
  • Photo and album icons are only used if they exist. No more broken image links!
  • Before throwing an error, the script will look in a couple likely places for album.pl.
  • Fixed another security hole with the album= var.

Thanks again ampere!
Good news.

I've just finished creating a mailing list for album.pl. We can use this to discuss new features, installation problems, common questions, etc. That way, we can all benefit from each other's experience.

To subscribe, send a message to majordomo@cdnarmy.ca with "subscribe album-list" somewhere in the message body.

If you have any problems, just let me know.

Cheers
Argh... me again 8)...

This time, a user went to the upload function of the photo album...

Decided to save the source code...
Updated his copy to allow an additional dropdown category of /../../../../../..

By changing:

Code
code:

And then opening his edited .html file in his browser, was able to upload a image to my startup group in my user profile 8)'... or to my root drive etc...

I know this is partly due to my security of IIS & Win2k... But even if I disable the upload function, a user could enable it on his copy of the html... or for that fact just modify the html, and use it to upload anywhere...

Were also working on seeing if he modifies his file enough, if he can' upload files other than images to my system...

[ July 07, 2001 05:51 PM: Message edited by: ampere ]
Hmmm. That's all good stuff. I'll work on a fix, hopefully have one out tonight...
Ampere,

You sounds like you have alot of security issues. Ever think about changing? None of your security issues affect me at all.
Ok, I *think* I've taken care of that. I just updated the .zip, I didn't bother putting a new version out for that.

If you find any others, please let me know.

Thanks again for all your help!
quote:
Are you running Windows 2000 SP2 & IIS v5.x?
I think most of these issues affect pretty much anyone running the album. It's just a matter of how well behaved your users are... smile

Best to get these holes plugged before they cause any issues...
here is a feature I would to see :

make use of the ubb cookie in order to automaticaly "log" user in galerie like it is on ubb. If user is not logged in, just make the login form appear.

also I would like ubb used only for authentification, then every users could upload where ever they want and not only in a directory like it is now.

have config files as ubb var files,

oh, and ability to do all the configuration thru the control panel.

[ July 08, 2001 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Chuck ]
nope millenium
Chuck,

That's good feedback.

I've been thinking about doing the cookie thing, but haven't done more than think about it so far. I'll add it to the to do list.

If I understand your second point correctly, it's already done. If you set ubb_member_upload=1 in your album.cfg, then each member can only upload into their own personal directory (created on the fly, if not already there). However, if you set ubb_member_upload=0, then users can upload into any directory under your album.

As for control panel integration, I may end up creating a config screen (like album.pl?function=config) but probably won't link it into the UBB control panel. I still want it to be able to stand alone, since a number of sites use it without a UBB.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, let me know if I mis-understood your second point.

Cheers
thats what I meant mike, sorry for not taking a better look. I'll try to make a control panel add-on, I'll let you know.
Don't worry about it. With the documentation as bad as it is, I expect a lot of questions. smile

Cheers
OK, the control panel modification is done, while checking your config file I see you use a lot of relative paths. can normal paths from the root be used instead or does the program stop it ? (I mean /cgi-bin instead of ../../cgi-bin)

I will post some screenshots

[ July 08, 2001 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Chuck ]
relalbum, photo_icon and image_icon (maybe others) are currently appended to webroot, so they kind of have to be relative. I did it that way since people seem to have a variety of configurations, and otherwise I'd have to force the user to put in the whole "http://www.webserver.com/..." for each variable.

Sounds like some interesting stuff there with your control panel work. Can't wait to see it!
OK here a few screenshots of the controlpanel.
I haven't finished the form but that gives you an idea:

http://www.tinsmar.com/hacks/cp1.gif
http://www.tinsmar.com/hacks/cp2.gif
http://www.tinsmar.com/hacks/cp3.gif
http://www.tinsmar.com/hacks/cp4.gif
http://www.tinsmar.com/hacks/cp5.gif

and here is the new config file named vars_gallery.cgi that need to be used:
Code
code:

[ July 09, 2001 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Chuck ]
Great hack, Mike! But I'm having trouble getting my "gallery" to look the same as yours at http://cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl . In your FAQ you say to go thru http://www.webserver.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=enter_desc, yet when I do, I get an "ERROR! Cannot open file:..." message. The permissions on album.pl and album.cfg should be 755, right? Plus in your FAQ the question of adding a custom header is never answered...what specific lines of code in album.pl can a header be inserted? Thanks.:)
Which file does it say that it can't open? If it's "descriptions.txt" then your album directory isn't writable for the web server.

You can "pretty much" customize the header using descriptions.txt, though there are some things you can't [yet] change. I didn't modify any code for my CdnArmy gallery. I'm also going to try to make it more flexible.

But, if the descriptions.txt doesn't cut it, and you want to modify the code itself, just look for "sub buildAlbumHeader" and that's where the header gets built. Hopefully you don't have to resort to that though, as subsequent upgrades would be a real pain.

Hope that helps...
Mike do you think it could be possible to make the album script use the new configuration file ? That way people with UBB can use UBB's control panel and the other can still edit the file.

What do you think ? I am still working on the files but I can send you a copy if you want to install it and give it a try.

an other thing, UBB ndoesn't allow entering relative paths but paths from web root could be used it's exactly the same thing.

we could enter the path for album base directory and then the script adds the subdirectories he wants to access on top (do you understand what I mean ?)

just let me know
Yeah, I think I know what you mean. If you want to send me the files ( bobbitt@cdnarmy.ca ) I can start looking at making album.pl use your new config file.

I'd like to keep it fairly readable, so the non UBB users don't have too much trouble...

Thanks for all your work!
I also found a way to get rid of all the ../stuff

add a new variable with either cgi-bin url or just root url and change 1 variable in script. Works for me.

sending you the files, please keep in mind that the control panel is still beta so I still need to fix some errors. You will be able to get the "feel" of it tho
quote:
I clicked on the "http://www.webserver.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=enter_desc" link, and it came up with that error message (and yes, I substituted the "webserver" part with my domain name :)). I have my "descriptions.txt" and images directory both set at 777.

Even if I get that link working, what exactly do you PUT in the descriptions.txt file to modify the headers? HTML? Perl code? Is there any way that you can post exactly what you have in yours, Mike, so dummies like me can use it, too?;)

It looks like this is one of the best "hacks"/scripts out there, but too bad the documentation doesn't give you step-by-step instructions like other hacks do... :rolleyes:
Machoman,

I've actually put the file format for descriptions.txt into the album.html file, but I'll stick in an example for the next release.

Basically, here it is:

Format for the descriptions.txt file:

Root
Root_Album_Description
Root_Album_Long_Description (multi-line)
~
Image_File_Name
Image_Short_Description
Image_Long_Description (multi-line)
~
Album_File_Name
Album_Short_Description
Album_Long_Description (multi-line)
~
Image_File_Name

For example:

Root
The CdnArmy.ca Photo Gallery

This gallery contains photos uploaded by CdnArmy.ca users. To upload a photo, please see the Photo Upload page.
Please select from one of the categories below. If you think a new category or sub category is required, please ;let me know.
Enjoy
~
General
General
General Pictures of the Canadian Army
~
Training
Training
Training Photos
~
Operations
Operations
Operational Photos
~
c7.gif
C7A1 Rifle
This is the C7 rifle, with Elcan scope mounted.

It is the standard issue rifle for the Canadian Army.
~

Hope that helps!

P.S. Can you provide me with the rest of your error message? You've cut out the critical part! smile
Thanks Mike, I will try this.:)

The entire error message is "ERROR!

Cannot open file: /home/virtual/srtrade/home/httpd/html/shows/artwork/&function=enter_desc "
Are you calling your album.pl, and adding "?function=enter_desc" to the end of that?

It kind of looks like you might be adding that to the end of a directory, which won't work... It has to be tacked on to the album.pl.

Sorry if that's not it...
Yes, I'm calling it from "album.pl"?function=enter_desc"...here's my exact link:

http://www.vhtrading.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=enter_desc . You'll see what it does. :rolleyes:
I do indeed see! I'll have to take a deeper look at it. What I've been able to discern so far is that your $album path is being set with the ?function at the end of it, which sure looks like a bug!

Now I have to figure out why!

Cheers
Can you set the script so that it recognizes if the file is a photo or movie (map/zip in my case) and use a different graphic to represent it instead of the photo one?
Good one. I'll add that to the list.

As a side note, I'm going to be out of town from about now until Tuesday night, so I won't unfortunately get much done 'til then.

Cheers!
The New Version Works Mike smile I have it running now Great!!!

Can't wait for the CP functions laugh
I thought I'd give the adventurous UBB hackers out there something to play with while I'm away. Beta 4.0 is now available at:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album

There are a few bug fixes, but the biggest change is that you can now use photo and album template files. This required a major re-write of large sections of the code, and I haven't had time to test thoroughly, so expect it to have some rough edges.

But if you're up for the task, give it a shot, and let me know what you think. I suspect I'll have a mailbox full of bug reports when I get back!

Cheers, and thanks.

P.S. No Control Panel work in this one. I'm a one track mind. But I promise I'll spend some more time on that next!

Edit: My web design skills are somewhat lacking. I'd also be interested to see some of the cool templates that people can come up with for this. I'm sure you can outdo my standard ones...

[ July 12, 2001 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
what about making it use ubb templates header and footer as an option ? You should add a single option for "stand-alone script" or "Total UBB integration" smile
Yeah, good point. The current templates aren't the standard UBB style you're probably used to. They're basically a couple of HTML files with special tags in them. The tags are replaced with dynamic data by the script, so it's really pretty simple.

I'll stick it on the to do list and see what I can do about it.

Thanks
It is actually very easy, check quasic's avatar hack, the avatarlist.cgi file. this weekend I will send you a final control panel with better and more options in config file. (stuff I forgot to incvlude or that where not needed on user interface) I will also add an option to choose style file to be used with gallery, that way when you add it, config file is ready.
Great, thanks again for all your work!
Sounds good Guys can't wait!!
One thing I am breaking my head on is where is the Path to the authentication database?
the "auth_db" cal me stupid but I can't find it.
You mean in the code or in the config?

You have to have ubb_auth=0 for the auth_db to use used (otherwise is uses your membersdir for authentication).

Hope that doesn't just confuse things more...
In the config, I did not understand where the ubb_auth is on my server but using the membersdir is good also.
Thanks
Great hack, gonna use it on my Rollercoaster Board so member can upload pics of Coasters. Thanks

quote:
Can someone tell me how i could do this(Sorry i dont know much cgi), Thanks
The ubb_auth item is in album.cfg, under "Uploads":

quote:
Hope that helps...
Hyabusa,

That's a code hack I haven't done myself yet. It's on the list though. wink
ok :), il try and contact Astro23
I just tried V4.0 Beta and i get this error

"Failed basic sanity test: Config file is version 4.0 Beta but you are running version 4.0 Beta of this program. Please fix! "

which doesnt really make sence smirk
It would appear not!

But I'm guessing that maybe you have some whitespace at the beginning or end of the line in the config file.

Did you FTP it using ASCII?
Ok, I really am taking off shortly, so you won't hear from me until probably Tuesday.

Cheers
ah maybe i didnt :), Thanks
Im thinking of trying to Adapt this for a File Database type thing. I wonder how hard it would be.

[ July 15, 2001 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Hyabusa ]
Very easy, actually. One person has already done it.

Basically, here are the config settings you need to use:

# Valid Image extensions. Only files ending in these extensions will be considered a photo. Anything not in this list will not be displayed as a photo. Only files with this extension will be allowed to be uploaded (assming you allow uploads).
@imgexts=

# Valid Image extensions. Only files ending in these extensions will be considered a movie. Anything not in this list will not be displayed as a movie. Only files with this extension will be allowed to be uploaded (assming you allow movie uploads).
@movieexts=zip,txt,exe

# Allow uploads? If this is 1, people can upload to your photo album by using the function=$upload flag. They must be authenticted first, see below for authentication information. Setting this option to 0 disallows uploads.
allow_uploads=1

# Allow movies to be uploaded too?
movie_upload=1

Anything not listed above can be pretty much adjusted to your liking.

So what I've done here is turn on downloads and enable movie downloads. Then I blanked out all the image extensions, so no images will be used (since they're handled differently). Now all of the file types you want to deal with should be added under movieexts (I added zip, txt, and exe as an example). Once this is done, your users will be able to upload zip, txt or exe files, and they will be downloadable through the same album interface.

Hope that helps!

[ July 16, 2001 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Cool, Thanks
Getting on with my version for my Files. This is for my Rollercoaster Site so people can upload Tracks for a Game.

http://rcpro.coaster-mania.com/cgi-bin/Exchange/album.pl

I would just like to ask if you have time to answer this, How would i make it so above each File there is a specified pic (track.gif). Thanks if you have time to answer this.
Album on the intro wink

Open public_forum_summary.pl in your templates dir.

Search for
sub PageBottom {

Under it place
$photopage = "http://www.yourdomain.com/your(cgi)dir/album.pl";

Search for
my $Bottom = qq~

Under it place

Gallery

Gallery

Photo album, view and upload to ourGallery.

Put a "photo.gif" in noncgi!

Done wink
Whoa. Not sure what Variables is talking about there, but one way to do that would to add a custom thumbnail for each file.

So, for bigbob.td4, if you add thmb_bigbob.gif to the same directory, it should use that as a thumbnail.

If you have any problems, just let me know. Using binary files might make things work a little differently...

Cheers
Yeh ive tried that, but the thing is people are going to be uploading loads of files a day. Is there a way you can just make it display track.jpg for each file. I remember in the old version you could make it display a icon if there wasnt a thmb_ file but this doesnt apear to work in this version.

Thanks
If all you're looking for is a generic icon, then that is doable. One of the things I've added into 4.0 Beta 2 is a generic movie icon, which is what you need.

If you want it, let me know and I'll sent it to you.

Cheers
I Changed the tml files it works good only the Upload page is blank now, How can I change that.
There isn't currently a template for the upload page... I just took a look at your site, and the upload page seemed to work OK for me...

Can you fill me in a bit more?
Would be great if you could send me it, Thanks

[ July 17, 2001 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Hyabusa ]
Oh sorry Mike I ment That the background from the Upload page is white
Ah, that one's easy. You have your style sheet set to /photos/Photo_Album.css, but that file doesn't exist. You can either edit your config file or move the .css file to match, and then it will take effect.

Cheers
AHA Ofcourse , thanks Mike!
Some good news and some bad news. First, the auto thumbnail thing doesn't look like it's going to work. Every single method I've investigated requires some additional packages installed, which I don't want to require. I may still try to add it in as an option for those who want to install the prerequisites.

The good news is that 4.0 Beta 2 is out. (http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album) Ironically, I've had less bug reports with the 4.0 beta than I did with most other releases!

New in Beta 2:

• Removed ubb_auth config item, and replaced it with upload_authentication_type config item. The new item allows you to set anonymous (0), flatfile (1) or UBB (2) authentication types, and also allows future types to be added.
  • Added ``Stop Entering Descriptions'' checkbox
  • Added thmb_movie.gif image and movie_icon and file_movie_icon config items. Movies now have their own generic icon.
  • When photos or albums do not have a description defined, the entire path is no longer used as a default. (Just the photo file name or album directory name.) Makes things a little cleaner.
I haven't added the control panel stuff yet, as I haven't had enough contiguous time to tackle a big job like that. I plan on putting it in 4.0 final though.

Cheers

[ July 19, 2001 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Many visitors of a forum with the Photo album will put image(s) in the defined directories. Is it possible to make a sort of rating system as in "am i hot or not" ?
wink

[ July 19, 2001 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Variables ]
Thx for the hack !!
Nokia: No problem!

Variables: Not sure what you mean. Do you mean allow users to rate photos? Or other users? Both of those are currently on the to do list (which is still frighteningly long...) Am I hot or not? smile
Cool Mike, way to go! laugh
Nice hack laugh

Anyone know of a photo thumb nail generator for us linux geeks.

I dont mind if you point me to the best one laugh
Best I've seen is HTMLThumbnail, written by Benjamin Franz. See http://www.nihongo.org/snowhare/utilities/htmlthumbnail/ for more info.

I'm actually trying to adapt it for use in this script, but it has dependancies that I'm not fond of.

Still, for personal use, I think it's great.
Hello Mike

Thanks for pointing to that generator, I will have a look at it and see if I can get it to work for me.

I have one problem though...I guess.
The album is working fine, upload works and display pictures works ok to.
But I cant get this one to work, it just points me to the main album page;
http://www.webserver.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?configfile=/home/user/www/album.cfg

I use the format http://www.webserver.com/~username/ubb/album.pl?configfile=/home/username/www/ubb/album.cfg

What am I doing wrong here?
Any chance you can PM/email me with the album link?

Thanks
Sorry, I am working offline with the UBB until its ready for upload.

Could you tell me what bugtracking options I have, and what to do about them?
Discovered something strange.

When I(usernameA)(userdirowner) have entered the album descriptions and later want to edit them, the script does not make the changes.
I then view the permitions of the description.txt file in the ../photo directory, and se that the ownership of the file has changed to another user(usernameB).

As I see it, it has got the same owner as the name of the "WORKGROUP" in my LAN.

So the user /home/usernameA/www/photo are not allowed to edit the file.

When I go into the ../photo/subdirs the same has happened there. usernameB are set as owner of the files.

I dont understand this, becourse usernameB has NOT been involved, neither in setting up the album, or testing it.

Any idea?
The descriptions.txt file will take on the permissions that your web server runs as, not the permissions of the user viewing the pages...

As for debugging, there's a debug flag in album.pl you can set to anything from 0-4.

Cheers
quote:
I was not talking about the user viewing the pages, I was talking about the user who is running the ubb and the photo album (the owner), and in my case this is not the user running the webserver.
Ok, I guess I'm still not clear, but let me take a stab at it.

If you're manually editing the descriptions.txt file, it'll have permissions such that you (as a user) can read/write it.

When you use the album.pl?function=enter_desc feature, it runs under the web server. The server runs as a specifiic user on your system, and the descriptions.txt file will be created as that user, and readable/writable for that user. On UNIX/Linux, web servers often run as "nobody" and on NT/2000 they usually run as "iusr_hostname." This is done so that the web server data is protected, but more importantly so that the web server cannot access sensitive information on the OS.

Now there are circumstances where you (as a user) will not be able to read things created by the web server user, and vice versa.

Not sure if this is along the lines of what you're thinking... Does it make sense?
Yes it make sense

But I dont find it so good and practical, that webserver are put as owner for the files of the user.
That is OK if the webserver owner (nobody or other username) are the same as the /home/username, and I assume this is more fit to a homeuser, with his little pc, his webserver and his own username as the only user on the pc.

But as long as I can figure out how to edit the files from the function=enter_desc it doesnt bothers me.

More important for me if how to be able to access the http://www.webserver.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?configfile=/home/user/www/album.cfg

As you see a couple of messages above this, I show the exact format I use to get to this file, but the only thing happens is that it displays the main photo album page, and not any configuration page. (I guess its supposed to show up a config page, where one can edit some settings)
The permissions aren't something I control in the script, it's just the way the web server works. It can be hassle at times, but the server can be configured to make life easier.

As for the ?configfile= issue, I think I understand now.

When you use that syntax, it allows you to specify an alternate configuration file, so you can run multiple albums off the same script. There is currently no mechaism for editing the configuration online. So if you are using configfile=your primary config file, it'll look just like your primary album...

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Thanks..now I understand laugh

Sorry for all those stupid messages. I just thought there must be some error since I could not get to the config screen...LOL
No problem. Glad we got it figured out. (And sorry there is no config screen!)
hmm...I am having a hard one with the style sheets. [Linked Image]

All *.css files are in ../ubb/*.css (chmod 777)
In album.cfg I have style_sheet=/home/username/www/ubb/Photo_Album.css
Then I have edited Photo_Album.css to fit my site style, but none of the changes in this file are shown when I load the album.

The only changes shown are the ones I have made hardcoded in album.tml and photo.tml, where I have edited the background colour and the textcolor in the section.

I wonder what I am now doing wrong, as it will not use the style sheet file? confused

Must the apache server be enabeled specialy to run *.css files?

I also have the problem that the ../ubb/album.pl?function=upload site background colour is "white", and not in the colour I have set in the album.tml and photo.tml, that are #333333

[ July 21, 2001 02:05 AM: Message edited by: kaukagaul ]
Could this be an interesting "plugin" to integrate in the Photo Gallery?
visual poll/image voting system
quote:
[Linked Image]
I have found this thumbnail generator for us linux geeks.
Could this be something to work into the Photo Gallery?
GFXindex
kaukagaul,

Thanks for all the info. I've got a lot to check out! smile

As for your style sheet question, what you really want there is a web path, not a filesystem path. So it should be:

style_sheet=/ubb/Photo_Album.css

Cheers
Hello Mike

Thanks.

Just FYI
You said it should be
style_sheet=/ubb/Photo_Album.css

but I discovered it should be;
style_sheet=../ubb/Photo_Album.css

Just mention it to save some other frustrating souls for the bugtracking.
(Guess we are 95% cut&past people, and 5% coders her, so that little thing above here is not a problem to understand for the 5%...but for the rest of us... laugh )

Anyway, it works now, and thanks [Linked Image]

As for all my "information" in previous posts here...well, I know I am not realistic in the way I toss out my wishes her...but just have a look at my sig and you will understand and be over with me. laugh

BTW, I have discovered another thumbnailgenerator for us linux geeks, that seems to be a fast, reliable and good one.
Also one that, like the above mentioned, do the thombnailgenerating automaticly "on the fly"
I am testing this one now, havent got it to work yet, but the docs says its made to easily be integrated in other scripts.....so you may want to have a look at this one too.
Have a look at PHPix Photo Album 2.0

My idea is to pick out the thumbnailgeneration thingy from this script and make it work with yours....but I am not able to do that myself.

Ok I know you have a TODO list as long as 7 bad years..just mention it though laugh
Glad to hear it's working. The one danger in having a relative path for your CSS is that if you use sub-albums, the relative path will no longer be accurate, and you may have problems...

Don't worry about making suggestions, if I didn't have a long to do list, I'd be bored... smile

Cheers
Suggestion:

When you are browsing an album, then choose a picture you want to view in full size,....below that picture there could be a thumbnail on the left side for the previous pickture, and a thumbnail on the right for the next picture.
Like THIS laugh

A good idea?
if anybody wants it, if you choose that your members get its own folder, you can limit the number of pics they can upload, i added this to the script.

next thing is to have a delete option.
Mike, see your PM laugh
kaukagaul,

Good idea. I'm adding it in now, though it's proving to be a bit more work than expected...

Raimund,

Delete's on the list, I plan on getting around to it some day... wink

Cheers

Edit: Just finished next/previous thumbnails. Will be released with Beta 3.

[ July 22, 2001 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
4.0 Beta 3 is available!

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album/

Changes:

• Configuration is now modifyable through the web. Call http://www.webserver.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=config to configure your settings in a web interface. You can change the config code from the default to stop others from re-configuring your board for you. (See notes in the album.cfg file.)
  • Added updateconfig and config function codes to the config file, as noted above.
  • Added nextprevthumb config item, which allows you to control the display of next and previous photo thumbnails.
  • Added constrain_thumbs, thumb_height and thumb_width config items. If constrain_thumbs is set to 1, uses height and width tags to reduce display size of actual photo, and uses that for the thumbnail. The thumb_height and thumb_width config items are used to control the size of the constrained thumbnail shown. When you use this option, you no longer have to provide seperate thumbnail images to get custom thumbnails, they are generated automatically. However, since the thumbnails are actually the original image constrained, you will in effect be loading the entire image.
  • Added ``last viewed date'' to the views file.
  • Added ####VIEWS#### tag and updated the photo.tml template.
  • Album and photo icons can now be any valid photo extension, as defined by the imgexts config item.
  • Added parseLinks to make generated links more Netscape friendly. Currently, it replaces spaces with %20 in any links.

I'd like to thank Chuck for his work on the Control Panel stuff. Unfortunately, I went another route for configuration, so it's not as tightly couple with UBB. (Many of my users don't even know what a UBB is.) This was a tough call, and in no way reflects the quality of Chuck's work, which is outstanding. I wish I could have done a better job of integrating that code into the script...

As always, any problems, suggestions, priase or complaints are welcome.

Cheers

[ July 23, 2001 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
no problem mike smile

If people want it once the script is finish I'll work on an UBB only version smile
Great work Mike!!

You did it again
If We could only solve the thumbnail problem this would be a finished program.

Mike has done a great job. I think all security holes have been patched and enough suggestions taken. I have searched hard trying to find the right thumbnail integration. This is the one last obstacle that evades this great program.
quote:
THIS FELLOW has made a study on the subject, and chosen NetPBM as his thumbgenerator for his gallery.
NetPBM is included in RedHat 7.1 distro.

I have also made a couple of suggestions on the subject some messages above this one.

So..if we could convince Mike to integrate one of these as a choise of configuration, then perhaps it will be a good one for us linuxgeeks too. laugh
quote:
Chuck, I am very interested, so please make it laugh

[ July 26, 2001 10:59 AM: Message edited by: kaukagaul ]
quote:
OK once the program is a little more finished, I will work on it smile
While we are on the subject of thumbnails.

I FOUND A NEW BUG WITH 4.0 BETA 3 the latest one.

Thumbnails always worked for me on previous versions. I created my thumbnails and they are there in the directory. However if you click the link below you can plainly see they are not being displayed.

http://reeftalk.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=reefs

Chuck
Hey Mike!

You've done ****ing great work....
This is the right thing that I want.

Thank you so much!

Junhyok
Okay here are my findings constrain thumbnail must be set to on for thumbnails to be recognized otherwise it uses the generic thumb. Seems like a bug to me. smile Anyway quick fix is to simply put a 1 and live with it till the next version.
omegatron,

I think I've got this one nailed. Let me know if you want an advance copy to try out.

Thanks

Edit: Turns out it's still a bug. I'll take a look...

[ July 25, 2001 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
That's odd. I can't reproduce omegatron's problem...

So if I have constrain_thumbs=0 (gotta get used to using the new web interface), you're saying that any photos/albums with custom thumbnails won't show? (I.E. thumb_myphoto.gif will be ignored and it will use the generic icon instead?)

It works OK for me with constrain_thumbs on or off...
Mike,

You got mail. It is only photo's uploaded and thumbnails I made for photo since upgrading to beta 3. WEIRD HA>?
Good news and bad news:

It works OK for me.

Based on my predictions, you should have a file at http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery/corals/thmb_agranulosa.JPG for one of your thumbnails, but I get a 404 when I go there. If a custom thumbnaul can't be found by the script, you'll get the generic icon.

Hard to say what's going on, maybe permissions?

Edit: Looks like you're figuring it out as we speak, things are changing (and looking good) on your site! Let me know what it was...

Thanks

[ July 25, 2001 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
That file is not fouind because I renamed it. I found the bug in the program and it is as follows.

Members uploaded photo's with a .JPG extension instead of .jpg. Your program only recognizes .jpg I would assume since this problem cropped up. As soon as I renamed the files and their thumbs to lowercase they displayed without constrain thumbnails. GO FIGURE SOMETHING THAT SIMPLE

Chuck
Haha. The scary thing is, I knew about that. Buried deep in the "to do" list is:

quote:
I guess just got bumped up a couple notches...

Thanks
Figures I would find that one and dredge it right up top smile Anyway very fixable by renaming the files lowercase. Since I have to make manual thumbs its not that big a deal.

Great Work all in all. You just seem to find all these little picky things that will never seem to go away.
Heheh. Don't worry, I'll take care of this problem... Just like any good software provider, I'll make the promise "It's fixed in the next release." laugh
i dont know what my problem is

i have mine authenticating to my ubb, but it keeps saying
ERROR!

Failed basic sanity test: Naughty naughty! Are you trying to hack me?

whats up with that.
Haha. That message only comes up when someone is trying to upload into a category that doesn't exist as a directory on your system, under your photo album.

It's there to stop people from uploading files into arbitrary places on your system.

I'm guessing that it's getting a "false reading" here for some reason. If you want to post/PM/e-mail me the location of your album, I can take a look for you.

Cheers
Album.pl 4.0 Beta 4:

In this release:

• Added upload_template config item, and album_upload.tml template, which can be used to customize the upload form.
  • Added ####FILE=filename.html#### tag to templates. Automatically inserts the contents of ``filename.html'' into the template. (Note that it doesn't have to be a HTML file.) Used for SSI like behaviour, common headers/footers, or even nesting templates.
  • Added album_header.tml and album_footer.tml sub-templates. Modified album.tml and photo.tml to include them, using FILE tag above.
  • Added several new tags to the templates, mostly for the upload form template.
  • Added ratingfile, rating_form and update_rating config items, which allow the use of user ratings of photos. Please, I know this feature is crap right now, so bear with me!
  • Added rating_template config item and album_rating.tml template, to allow the rating form to be customized as a template.
  • Fixed the upper case/lower case thumbnail extension problem. (Thanks omegatron!)
  • Added YABB authentication for uploads. (Set upload_authentication_type=3)
  • Updated photo and album templates.
  • Improved code performance for tracking views.
  • Some random bug fixes, that I forget about now.

I'm going on vacation starting this Friday, for 3 weeks, so I won't be updating the script while I'm away.

I know the ratings feature is pretty basic, but I wanted to get something out before I go. Feedback is welcome, as always, but I won't be able to respond while I'm on vacation.

Anyway, enjoy!

Cheers
Woow Mike! Tnx for the rating adjustment, it's cool! laugh

Have a great vacation, you deserve it.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Variables ]
Thanks!

I'm not gone yet, so I can address any big issues that come out of beta 4, at least until Friday... smile
One small bug has been fixed in the zip. The jump station would display the name of the current for each album in the drop down list, if no description was provided in descriptions.txt.

Fixed, and I'm outta here!
Hi,
First of all I would like to thank you about your work.
It's right on the money!
I've been waiting for long time to this.....

I have problem to install
Currently I'm using win2000 server.
I tried to install follow the document included in *.zip file, but "http://www.xxxxxxxx/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=config" function doesn't work at all.
Absolutely I checked all permission setting,
And I have lot of experience of UBB hacking..

So can you help me?

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: omegatron ]
Something is set wrong as I have cable access to the internet and can not even reach your page to get an error. I would help if I could but can't reach ya. I would suspect your server is having a little problem itself.

examples:

http://www.reeftalk.com/cgi-bin/album.pl

here is my config as an example minus any passwords smile

#########
# NOTES #
#########

# You should go through every setting below and make sure that each of these variables are set to suit your site. If you're not sure what the setting does after reading the description, try leaving it alone.

###################
# PATHS AND FILES #
###################

# This section sets the paths for various files and directories needed to run the album. This is probably the most critical section, as neglecting to make changes here will prevent your album from running properly. See album.html for more information on the files, correct permissions, and their uses.

# Photo Album Root Directory. This is where you will put your images and sub-directories. These will automatically be viewed as photos and albums by the script.
rootdir=/home/reeftalk/www/gallery

# Photo album web site root. This is the actual URL that goes to your photo album rootdir, as defined above. It's not the URL that will be used be users to invoke the script.
webroot=http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery

# Relative path to album.pl, from "webroot" as defined above. This is appended to webroot to get the path to the album.pl script, as a web URL.
relalbum=../cgi-bin

# Path and filename of the album template file. This file is used as a template to display albums. See album.html for file format information.
album_template=/home/reeftalk/www/images/album.tml

# Path and filename of the photo template file. This file is used as a template to display photos. See album.html for file format information.
photo_template=/home/reeftalk/www/images/photo.tml

# Path and filename of the upload template file. This file is used as a template to display the upload form. See album.html for file format information.
upload_template=/home/reeftalk/www/images/album_upload.tml

# Path and filename of the upload rating file. This file is used as a template to display the rating form. See album.html for file format information.
rating_template=/home/reeftalk/www/images/album_rating.tml

# Path to notify file. Used to store the e-mail addresses of anyone who has chosen to be notified when new photos are added. Only used if you set notify=1 later, otherwise ignore. This file has to be writable to the web server.
notify_file=data/photo_addresses.txt

# Web path to photo icon. Should be a relative path, as it is also appended to webroot to get the URL.
photo_icon=../images/thmb_photo.gif

# Web path to movie icon. Should be a relative path, as it is also appended to webroot to get the URL.
movie_icon=../images/thmb_movie.gif

# Web path to album icon. Should be a relative path, as it is also appended to webroot to get the URL.
album_icon=../images/thmb_album.gif

# File path to photo icon
file_photo_icon=/home/reeftalk/www/images/thmb_photo.gif

# File path to movie icon
file_movie_icon=/home/reeftalk/www/images/thmb_movie.gif

# File path to album icon
file_album_icon=/home/reeftalk/www/images/thmb_album.gif

# Link to style sheet (optional). As you want it to appear in all HTML pages. Should be an absolute path, since each page must call it and they may exist in different locations.
style_sheet=../Photo_Album.css

# Descriptions filename. This is the file used to store all photo and album titles and descriptions. These should all be writable to the web server if you intend to update titles/descriptions from the web. This does not set the path, just the name of the file that will be used in each album.
descname=descriptions.txt

# Valid Image extensions. Only files ending in these extensions will be considered a photo. Anything not in this list will not be displayed as a photo. Only files with this extension will be allowed to be uploaded (assming you allow uploads).
@imgexts=gif,jpg,bmp

# Valid Image extensions. Only files ending in these extensions will be considered a movie. Anything not in this list will not be displayed as a movie. Only files with this extension will be allowed to be uploaded (assming you allow movie uploads).
@movieexts=avi,mpg,mpeg

# Location to log photo uploads. Must be writable to the web server if used.
upload_logfile=album.log

# Location of UBB or YABB "Members" directory. Used for UBB or YABB authentication (upload_authentication_type=2 or upload_authentication_type=3). Should be the absolute filesystem path.
membersdir=/home/reeftalk/www/Members

# Path to the authentication database. Only needed if upload_authentication_type=0. This file is a simple text flatfile, see album.html for the format.
auth_db=/home/reeftalk/auth_db.txt

# The filename to use (per album) to track the number of times a each photo has been viewed. If this is left blank, views are not tracked. This is should not contain a path, it determines only the name of the file to be used in each album to track views.
viewfile=views.txt

# The filename to user (per album) to track user ratings. If this is left blank, ratings are disabled. This is should not contain a path, it determines only the name of the file to be used in each album to track ratings.
ratingfile=ratings

###########
# DISPLAY #
###########

# This section contains settings to determine how information is displayed to the user

# Number of columns used to display photos/albums.
columns=6

# Space between columns of photos/albums.
column_spacing=20

# Description location - 0=Right, 1=Below
descloc=1

# Use buttons or text for "next" and "previous" links? (Shown when viewing photos.) 1=use buttons; 0=use text links. Not used for static HTML.
usebuttons=1

# If this is set to 1, a "jump to" box is shown when in an album, which allows the user to jump to any peer album.
jump_to=1

# Show number of photos in each album.
# Note: can seriously slow down viewing of large albums!
showcount=1

# Show number of movies in each album.
# Note: can seriously slow down viewing of large albums!
showmoviecount=0

# Use icons for albums/photos that do not have thumbnails?
icons=1

# Show a legend (for the icons, only on the first page)
legend=0

# Use "Update Notifier"?
#
# NOTE: This only keeps a list of e-mail addresses, it does not send any info out. It's up to you to send out the e-mail to everyone in the notify file once you've added pictures.
# 1=use notifier, 0=no notifier
notify=0

# The width of the border to put on album icons, to distinguish them from photo thumbnails
album_border=2

###########
# UPLOADS #
###########

# Allow uploads? If this is 1, people can upload to your photo album by using the function=$upload flag. See below for authentication information. Setting this option to 0 disallows uploads.
allow_uploads=1

# Allow movies to be uploaded too?
movie_upload=1

# Can users overwrite photos when they upload? (I.E. upload photos with filenames that already exist?) 1=overwrite, 0=don't allow overwrite
upload_overwrite=0

# Size limit (in kilobytes) on uploaded photos
upload_size_limit=256

# Sets the type of authentication to use:
#
# 0 = Anonymous (user can enter their name, no password required)
# 1 = Use flatfile DB authenticaiton. Must set auth_db parameter for this to work.
# 2 = Use UBB authentication. Must set membersdir parameter for this to work.
# 3 = YABB authentication. Must set membersdir parameter for this to work.
upload_authentication_type=2

# For UBB authentication: Turning this option on will force users to upload photos into their own directory. They will not be allowed to pick a category, and will not be allowed to upload into any other directory. If a directory for that user does not already exist, one will be created when that user uploads their first photo. They will no longer be presented with a "category" list, any photos they upload will automatically be saved into their personal directory.
ubb_member_upload=0

##############
# THUMBNAILS #
##############

# Thumbnail prefix - prepend this to any thumbnail file. For example, "thmb_anypic.jpg" would be used as the thumbnail for "anypic.jpg" if $thumbprefix="thmb_". If it's null, no thumbnails are used.
thumbprefix=thmb_

# If set to 0, generic thumbnails are used if a custom thumbnail can't be found. If set to 1, it will use a height/width tag to constrain the actual image for a thumbnail, if a custom thumbnail can't be found. For photos only. Be aware that turning this on means that every photo will load every time your album is viewed, which will incur a lot of extra network traffic.
constrain_thumbs=0

# Height to make constrained thumbnails
thumb_height=60

# Width to make constrained thumbnails
thumb_width=80

# Show thumbnails for next and previous photos?
nextprevthumb=1

##########
# STATIC #
##########

# This section contains settings for creating static HTML files.

# Turn this flag on to create static HTML for every album and every photo. (Great for viewing offline, saving to a CD, etc.) When this is turned on, it may seem like your system is hung for a bit. Just let it run, and it will come back with a status display eventually. The bigger the photo album, the longer it will take... You'll probably only want to set this flag, run the script, and then clear the flag again. Otherwise, you just keep re-creating all thos files.
create_html_flag=0

# Filename to use for static HTML files (should be the default file read by your web server to work properly). This should not include path info, as it's only the name of the file that will be created in each album directory.
static_html_filename=index.html

########
# MISC #
########

# Settings that don't fit under any other category.

# Slide Show timer. Set to number of seconds to wait before autmatically displaying next photo (0=don't run as a slide show)
slide_timer=0

# Name for the root album in the descriptions file. This allows the "root" album to be given a title and description.
rootalbumname=Root

# Descriptions file delimiter. Used to separate description entries in $descname.
desc_delim=~

# Password protect album? If so, set this to the password you want to use. This one password will be used for all access to the album. Leave it blank for an unprotected album. (password=)
album_password=
Hmmm. Your server is up, but I can't get to your album script. Must be a setting, or something like that, as omegatron said. Try running album.pl from the command line (shell access) if you can...

Cheers
Thanks for your help guys!
I'll check again whole setting, but in my opinion the problem probably caused from win2k server ....

Anyway I'll check again and let you know something happen.

Junhyok

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]
Hot off the press!

4.0 Final (I guess I should also post this in the "finished" forum...)

Changes:

• Updated default style sheet. (It's now gray, not blue.)
  • Descriptions for albums are now shown for the upload form. Sub-albums are indented.
  • Added showsubalbumcount config item. Can be used to show the number of ``sub albums'' in a given album.
  • Added webifyLinks subroutine. Right now it allows & in filenames to be handled correctly.
  • Started adding style classes to the style sheet and to the templates. Makes better use of style sheets, and allows all items of a particular type to be changed in a single place. Updated templates to make use of these new classes.
  • Added the ####STOPSLIDESHOW#### tag for the ``Stop Slideshow'' button (which was also added in this release). Updated photo.tml to use this new tag.
  • Added the ####STOPDEBUG#### tag for the ``Stop Debugging'' button (which was also added in this release). Updated photo.tml and album.tml to use this new tag.
  • Fixed slideshows - they weren't working!
  • Minor bug fixes.
  • Plus all the "beta" updates.

Should be more stable than the betas, as I've spent quite a bit of time in code clean up and fixing those little bugs than can turn into big problems...

Enjoy, and please let me know if you have any problems...
nice

I'll give a try, do you think it's 6.1 compatible ?
I think I have to give up the install....
I have no clue
The "http://www.xxxxxx/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=config" doesn't work still...

Bye

Chuck, It's definitely 6.1 compatible. (I'm running 6.1 myself.)

junhyok, I can't even get to http://www.raps.co.kr/cgi-bin/album.pl. Have you been able to get any other CGI's running? Sorry it's such a hassle for you. I should be able to help a bit more in a week when I get off vacation...

Cheers
Absolutely....
My ubb is running fine

Please help me
quote:
What a shame on me!
I missed *.pl perl mapping with %s %s.....
laugh
It's works now....
Thanks

Aha. I've been bitten by that one too. Glad to hear it's working now!

Cheers
I have problems to use the function
"create_html_flag=1" and "ubb_member_upload=0"

1] When I turn on "create_html_flag=1" option
the static Html pages only viewing "Cannot open file: C:/inetpub/ftproot/raps/photo_album/&slideshow=1"
error message.

2] Every upload option is works fine but when I turn on "ubb_member_upload=1" option,
"Failed basic sanity test: Naughty naughty! Are you trying to hack me?" message comes out.

What I did wrong?
1] I'll have to check that out. Off the top of my head, I'd say that creating the static HTML doesn't work when slideshows are turned on through the config file. Try setting slide_timer=0 in the config file before creating the static HTML.

2] That's a bug! I've just fixed it in the zip, so if you re-download, it should be good.

Thanks
Mike you are the man!

It works fine.....good enough for me now.

I have something to report to you

1] When I use the password option the "upload" fucntion doesn't work:
After I click the upload button it ask me the password again and the upload is not completed.

2]Since I use the "create_html_flag"option, I can't turn it off through the config page.
I have to turn off it by the text-editor.

3]And if I could use the password option by category, it will be great!

Thanks again Mike
It's really great work

Junhyok
I found another problem

The album.tml & photo.tml cannot find the "header.tml" and "footer.tml"

Probably the code ####FILE=header.tml#### doesn't work.

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. The header/footer file includes work OK for me. (are they all in the same directory?)

All the rest are probably bugs that I'll have to take a look at... smile

Cheers
They are in the same directory....
Now I'm using the header/footer.tml code by manual
( I copied the code of header/footer.tml direct to album.pl and photo.pl laugh )
Is it Win2k Bug?

Thanks

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]
verey nice hack ,,,,
there is one thing about the catogry the nonenglish charactar cant be a folder name so if there any id to do the catogry with oure language ,,,
so when i make folder name test the name in the upload page will be (تجربة wink ,,,
junhyok,

I've updated the zip again. The file incldue problem should be solved for you... I haven't had time to check out the others yet, but I will.

To j_assim, the answer is yes! Just us a descriptions.txt file to "map" each directory to a custom name. See album.html for a file format, and if you have any problems, just let me know...

Cheers
Thanx smile
how about assign pic to each dept ,,,

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: j_assim ]
What do you mean by "dept"?
i found how i can do this thing
laugh
i mean catogry
exampel
Garrison (0)
General (2)
Humour (23)
quote:
Thanks a lot Mike!
umm, could i port this hack for use with yabb?
sorry, if i cause any disturbance on the forum, but i really like ubb and yabb both, but know more of how to script mods in yabb...
I am osrry to ask on "ubb"dev, but i feel that there should not be rivalry between forums....
omario,

Yes!

Just set:

quote:
in album.cfg and you're set to use YABB authentication.

Cheers
Mike,

I found a nice little bug with the uppercase lowercase again. This time in the photo upload page in members authentication using UBB verification. If a member has a capital letter in their password field they will not authenticate. I have thoroughly tested this and found it to be accurate smile
Good catch. I'll check it out and see if I can fix it...
whow thnx 4 this great heck smile
No problem.

omegatron: I just tested it, and (of course) it works for me.

I'll e-mail you and see if we can get to the bottom of this...
4.1 now out. It's pretty slack, but I figured I had to get it out the door:

• Added photos_per_page config item. Limits the number of photos displayed for a given album to the value set here. Uses a multi-page link set to allow the user to view other pages.
  • Added ####PAGES#### tag, updated style sheets and album.tml.
  • Minor bug fixes.

Cheers

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Just put out 4.2. The only change is that the "debug" tag can be changed via the config file.

This prevents people from viewing your album in debug mode, potentially exposing information you don't want to made public...

Cheers
I had a problem with creating a directory when uploading.

in album.pl
quote:
It was an error that wouldn't let it write. This fixed it for me.
raiyan,

You're absolutely right. And oddly enough, I fixed this problem myself just a few days ago, in what will eventually be 4.3.

Great work!
Really like what you've done so far Mike, eet's looking good smile

There is no clear way to get back to the front page unless you just back up, can you provide some sort of ubb-like bread crumb trail across the top or bottom? smile
Great idea. I'll add it to the "to do" list and hopefully it'll see some action soon.
Version 4.4 is here !

• Changed upload_authentication_type config item to authentication_type.
  • Added protect_album config item to turn on album viewing security. (Users must authenticate according to authentication_type requirements before they can view the album.)
  • Now works with the YaBB security mod, for encrypted passwords. (No configuration required, will check both plaintext and ``security mod'' passwords silently.)
  • Expanded static album metrics.

Cheers

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Great Script!

I dont mean to get off-topic, but I noticed a few hints that you tested this out on IIS...how the heck did you get Perl to run on IIS!?
No problem: www.activestate.com , it's a free PERL download. Great stuff, and allows my UNIX/Apache stuff to "just work" on IIS!

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Doesnt quite work as expected Mike. I am going back to the previous version.

My albums do not show up and the individual photo's for albums dont come up they read example

http://www.reeftalk.com/gallery//thmb_reefs.gif

seems there is an extra / in there that is not suppose to be in the code.
You need to set a few permissions within IIS.

Check out http://www.simongibson.com/intranet/actperl/actperl.html for what ya need to do and how.

Although, what that doesnt show you, is how to set scripting to work in every folder without having to set it manually.

When you open the Internet Services Manager, drill down to Default Web Site, right-click on it, select Properties, go to the Home Directory tab, and hit the Create button. That'll be the default for all folders unless you change that folder's properties.

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Outback2K1 ]
Mike,

Anyway I stepped back to version 4.2 which works great. One bug I have neglected to bring up in every version you have released since you added the feature.

Automatic config via script. It works after you manually configure the script once by hand.

However when you unzip your files and go upload everything how nice would it be to config things right in that nice pretty window. It would be great not to point to where it is configured when you called it up but to where it closed at.

I looked for any pointers in the script to your site but alas it is a coding issue, which i am not good at. Like I said you have it coded to save back to the site at the point of opening the config option and not saving to the site pointed in the end, THIS WOULD SOLVE THIS ISSUE EASY ENOUGH.

As far as the album.gifs there is that extra /
omegatron,

I'm not sure why you had problems with 4.4, but I'd guess that it's a missing config item. (You'd have to update all config items touched in 4.3 and 4.4 - per_member_upload, authentication_type and protect_album, for example.) Hopefully that's it, I've upgraded several sites already, and "it just worked."

As for the "automatic config via script" option, I'm not sure what you mean... Is it "have the script guess where album.cfg is?" If so, that's already done. (Try it - put album.cfg in the same dir as album.pl and it'll find it automagically...)

If the request is to merge existing config settings with the new version's config, I haven't tackled that one... It's a biggie...

Outback2K1, I'm not sure what you're talking about! It looks like you want the album script to configure your cgi-bin directory or something... Can you clarify?

Thanks!

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Mike,

Yeah you misunderstood what I was saying smile .

As far as version 4.4 I updated every config item and the program was trying to find the directories actually on top of themselves. It weas weird so if it was trying to open say corals under gallery which is correct it was trying gallery/corals/corals?? weird.

Anyway the problem with the config is exactly this. Since you released the new web config it has never worked correctly. When I unzip the files ( config file and PL file are in same directory ) It tries to upload settings back to your server since you send it loaded with your defaults. Now if I upload the config file after I modify it and then reconfigure from the web it works. You just cant initially configure it cause it tries and save it to your server !! Now ya got me smile

I will try 4.4 again.
Ahhhh. I get it now. You can't unpack the album.cfg because it overwrites your settings.

Yep, that's true. The way I always upgrade my albums (and I run 3, so it's a pain in the a** for me too) is to read album.html and see what config items I've changed. Then I manually edit the file (not via the web interface) to get the new items in.

As you point out, the problem is that the web interface doesn't allow you to add new config items, or rename existing ones, so you *have* to edit the file...

It's on the list, thanks...
I am just saying that no matter what you have to edit the cfg file. The web interface is useless unless you want to reedit the config.

I found a way around it though smile

If you go in manually edit the first two which point to the the gallery directory etc. and location of config file you can then upload it and do the web interface. It is so much quicker doing it by the web interface its redicious. The only bug like I was saying is when you edit your config file via web interface you just need to program in a line that has it save the configuration where it points to now and not where it did when it was opened. smile
I'm probably just not thinking straight, but the location of the config file is set in album.pl, not through the web config...

So when would it save to an alternate location?

Cheers
You definately are not thinking correct LOL smile

Mike let me state again. I am not talking about where cfg file is? We know it is right next to the PL file in my CGI-BIN directory.

I am talking about if you call the config file from album.pl to do your configuration then it should save it to where it is pointed to in the cfg file. Your program tries to save the file after you modify it back to the original location of where you set it at in the config file example c:/settings/bobbitt blah blah blah.

Another words your web configuration does not work until after initially having to manually configure it. This hense is a major bug!!! thats all I am saying. It has been around since you introduced the feature. Why include a web config wizard is it only half works? see my point now.
you need to either send a blank config file or add programming in the pl file to save to the location that is inputed after editing via web
Chuck,

Still working on understanding/re-producing your issue. I think I've got a handle on it...

In the mean time, here's another upgrade to drive you nuts... smile

New in Album.pl V4.5 :

• Fixed multiple description problem for per user uploads.
  • Added admin config item, to turn on administrative options. (Very limited right now - can only delete photos.)
  • Added the ####ADMIN#### tag, which displays the Administration menu, and updated album.tml, photo.tml and the style sheets.
  • YaBB uploads will now show user's display name (if present) instead of their username.

As always, please notify me of any problems, bugs etc.

Thanks

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
4.5 bugs:

- if u rate a pic u become the message at the top "this pic ... no rate" !!! every time - also the pic is rate !!!
- i can delete and edit pics ? how ?!
- i like to insert a bgpicture in css - (body) - but dont work ?!?!

can u help me ?!
melder,

I can't re-produce your ratings problem, ratings are working fine for me...

You can delete pics, but not edit them (see notes above). To do this, you have to invoke the "admin" function of your board. By default, this is something like http://www.something.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?function=admin, but if you change "admin" in your album.cfg (*highly recommended*) then you have to change it in the URL as well.

Regarding the CSS, it's all standard, so any CSS changes should work normally. If your background isn't working, I'd make sure you're using the right CSS syntax...

Cheers
but if u upload a movie i become at the thumb page the text 4 the original page under the movie ! the pics are only thumbs only he movie show me the text ?!?

and i dont no wy - but netscape dont show the upload page - u know?!

... and ...

can u make to save the config page with password ?! !!! ONLY this page - not all. ?!

take a look to your hack at my page - www.chat-board.de - left navi. "BILDER +" ...
melder,

I can't seem to get to your album. Clicking on BILDER just brings me back to the main page...

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you mean with the movie comment. Is it that movies don't have automatic (constrained) thumbnails? That's certainly true, movies will use the default thumbnail icon unless you put a specific thumbnail in place. (thmb_moviename.jpg would be the thumbnail for moviename.mpg, for example...)

For saving the configuration, if you change your "config" and "updateconfig" items, you can treat those as a password.
I see here that u have rating already. Adding comment features would be nice. smile smile smile
mmm BILDER works fine at www.chat-board.de

config save i have understand smile

and here my movie error 4 a better understandig (i hope):

at the frontpage u can see the pics (include the link to the original size + desc and rating) and on the front u see the movie !!! include the desc and rate too. thats my problem !!!

and if u make a other desc (admin funktion) u can´t do it with movies ...

----------

can u make that movies also become a spezial site like the pics? we can show there also a "spezial movie pic" like this time but it look´s like better.

----------

u understand my english ?!? laugh
This is the best hack yet for UBB!!!
I've been looking all over the net for a program to allow my readers to have their own "home page", and I think that this program will fit the bill nicely (The UBB integration is what sold me). I do have a question though:

Is there a way to add more description fields? Or better yet, a description field for each folder of pictures. I would like each user to be able to upload a bunch of pics, and then on the thumbnail page have one area that describes all of the pics (i.e. "here are 12 pictures of my trip to the bathroom..."), instead of a description for each individual picture.

Thanks for all your hard work Mike, it is much appreciated!

Terry
Jeepz.com Reader Rides section
I'd implement this down the road, especially since the more people upload in terms of photos, the more hard drive space we'll need. I'm assuming we can set the max size of each file be 30k but that adds up when you have a board for example, at 10,000 members. Just a thought.
melder: Aha. I think I get it.

You can't add long descriptions to movies, like you can with photos, right? This is because you have to play a movie in an external viewer, you can't just display it "inline" like you can with an image. So the only other option would be to go to a page with a "Click here to play the movie" link in the middle of it, which didn't make sense to me...

You can still rate movies, the ratings and option to rate appears on the "album" view right under the movie.

Does that answer your question? (I was able to get into your album this time, must have been an intermittent problem...)

NostalgiaAU: The rating system includes the ability to add comments. Is that what you meant?

tdog: Thanks! You can definitely add descriptions for individual folders, but right now, that's basically an admin function. Users can't control what the description for their upload area is, though that's a great idea. I've added it to the "to do" list, and hopefully I'll get a chance to scope it out...

Splitfyre: In addition to limiting the size of individual uploads, 4.6 (not yet released) allows you to use "quotas" to set the overall limit for users. However, this only works when you're doing "per member" uploads. (I.E. Each member gets their own upload area, and can only upload into that area...)

Thanks all!

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Folks, version 4.6 is now available at http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album/

Changes/features in this version:

• Line numbers are now displayed for errors. Helps track down where the error is being generated.
  • Added ``Create Album'' to the album administration menu.
  • Added ``quota'' config item, to enforce total upload size limits. Only available when using ``per user'' uploads.
  • Config items can now be added via the web configuration interface. (Try it out with "quota"!)
  • Pictures viewed for the first time show better ``view'' description.
  • Fixed several minor bugs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
Im really stuck. Ive tried multiple times. Here is what I get

ERROR: Line 3270

Error uploading photo: Could not upload file: jail.jpg
Yeah, I'm seeing that from a few people. Sounds like a bug, so I'll try to squash it.

Thanks
quote:
Thanks. The product looks like it is really great, I just need to get over this 1 hurdle. If you come across anything let me know.

[email protected]

Thanks

Ben Fisher
Whew!

Finally got it, this was a tough one!

I've updated the zip file (http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album) with a fix, so this problem is toast!

Thanks to all who reported it, and please let me know if you have any other problems.

Cheers

Edit: Just replace your album.pl with the one in the zip.

[ 12-06-2001 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
Anyone know if the gallery can be accessed by Internet explorer version 4 ? - Also are there any other Browser limitations.

Thanks

David
I haven't tried with 4, but 5 and 6 work fine. I suspect that the style sheets won't work as expected (at least some of the style commands), but other than that, it's pretty much straight HTML. The actual upload has a bit of javascript for form validation, but that's not required...
Sorry I've been so quiet lately, I've been busy working away at version 5.0. I've got a beta ready to go. It's performed well in testing, but I still want to call it a beta since it has so many changes in it. Most of the codebase has been re-written, and there are tons of new features and enhancements. The major improvements are with the installation/configuration, and now users can edit titles and descriptions or delete photos they upload.

You can download 5.0 Beta 1 at http://perl.cdnarmy.ca

The change log for this release is as follows:

• IMPORTANT: Critical configuration items have been updated. Things like rootdir, webroot and relalbum no longer exist! If you are upgrading, I *strongly* recommend you install the included album.cfg file and re-configure. (Keeping a backup of your old album.cfg, of course.) The configuration improvements listed below should make this task much easier.
  • Configuration Management screen now comes up automatically when album.pl is run for the first time on a new installation. (newconfig config item added - not visible through the Configuration Management UI.)
  • Configuration Management screen now attempts to fill in several settings with ``best guesses'' based on your environment. (For first time setup only.)
  • Configuration Management screen now has warnings and notes for many config items, if the file/directory pointed to is not found, readable, writable, etc.
  • Configuration update bug where links after firt config point to ``default'' album fixed.
  • Updated warning when config file is read-only.
  • Users can (optionally) provide an e-mail address during configuration to register, allowing updates on album.pl development to be sent out.
  • UBB and YaBB cookies are now read and used for automatic login (if present).
  • Uploaded files are now ``owned'' by the user who uploaded them.
  • Users can now edit the title/description or delete files and albums that they own. This is controlled by the new allow_edit and allow_delete config items, which can enable/disable this functionality.
  • Added default_admins config item, which lists users who will have total control over all photos and albums. (Edit and delete.)
  • Added upload, update descriptions and configuration management options to admin menu.
  • Added ``Upload Photos'' link to album.tml.
  • Added album_login.tml as login form template.
  • Added ####LOGIN#### tag, which shows the login status (login link or logged in username). Updated album.tml to include this new tag, and added a new ``login'' class to the style sheets.
  • Added ####LOGINFORM#### tag, which displays the actual login prompt. Used in the new album_login.tml template.
  • Added tooltips to all images and thumbnails.
  • Added jhead support. This includes new jhead and jhead_details config items, a ####JHEAD#### tag, and updated style sheets. If used, jhead information will be added to the tooltip for photos, and can also be added to photo.tml using the new ####JHEAD#### tag. See http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/ for jhead information.
  • Added template_dir config item. This sets the directory for all templates, and individual template config items are now used to set the template filename.
  • Updated album template to have page navigation at top and bottom.
  • Updated photo template to have enter_desc form at top and bottom.
  • Updated style sheets (minor cosmetic changes).
  • Added object_alignment config item to allow you to align objects when viewed through an album.
  • Updated movie and album icons.
  • Fixed a bug where creating an album took you out of admin mode, and put you into enter_desc mode.
  • Renamed album.html to !readme.html to make it easier to find.
  • Added a link to !readme.html (if found) in the Configuration Management screen.
  • Removed HTML tags for static mode output, when run from the command line.
  • So many other little things, I've lost track.

If you do upgrade to 5.0, I really recommend blowing away your album.cfg and starting again (you may want to just keep a backup of your old config). There are so many changes that merging would probably take longer than just re-configuring your album.

I've put a lot of work into the installation and configuration, since a lot of people were having problems with that. I'm anxious to hear any feedback that people may have on this.

As always, if you find any problems, or have any questions, just let me know.

Cheers

[ 12-18-2001 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
I'm always love your work(every updates...)
Thanks for your Great work.

Can I ask you something?
The *.tml file is not functional ....
I mean, the album.tml can't read the Header.tml and Footer.tml.....

What should I do ?
Good catch!

Template inserted files didn't work when used outsite the directory album.pl was in. Fixed in the 5.0 Beta 1 zip.

Thanks!
Hi Mike,

What could be the reason for this errormessage?
It's in line 2294 of album.pl

Cannot open file: C:/Dennis/Internet/Homepages/BeetStars/Photo_Album/

Ciao
Dennis

PS: Great Hack
Def-Beet,

Are you using 5.0 or 4.6? When I go to 2294, I can't see any error calls. This might also happen if you've hacked the mod... I can't seem to find the error that's being triggered...
Hi Mike
Thanks for your reply but, it still not working....

I made out the folder for template called " photo_template" in cgi-bin directory and put all the *.tml files in there.

Album.pl works fine with only album.tml but still can't read other *.tml files...

Should I configure more the extensions of *.tml for IIS server?

Thanks

* It still great hack among the all UBB hacks MIke
Hmmm. No IIS configuration should be required. Your config should look something like this:

[code][/code]

If that still doesn't help, I can take a look at your album, if you'd like... (Feel free to e-mail/PM me with the URL and debug code...)

Cheers
Hi Mike,

I'm using 4.6! Where can I get 5.0?

Here you find the error message:

www.BeetleFun.de

Bye
Dennis
http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album/album50.zip
Here's my setting in album.cfg
actually nothing diffrent with yours but cgi-bin dir
Really I have no idea.

[code][/code]

And I have one more question.
When in the album protection mode(uses UBB member DB)I can't use the the functions, like upload, debug.

After first login, when I try to use the function the login window comes out again.
and I login again, nothing's happen.

I would like to show you my photo_album...
I'll send you the mail later

Thanks a lot!

[ 12-20-2001 09:24 PM: Message edited by: junhyok ]
The only things I can think of are that maybe the rest of your templates aren't readable to the web server, or you're using the "unfixed" version. I'll look for your e-mail so I can see it in action.

As for upload/debug not working (login required), the URL that's part of album.tml won't work because it just has a hard coded "function=upload" in it. (It also won't work if you change your upload code...)

Of course, if you're using cookies, that shouldn't be a problem, but that doesn't cover all cases.

I'll see if I can fix it up a bit...
Ok, I've fixed the upload/debug problem, at least as far as the "Upload Photos" link is concerned. Re-download the zip and replace album.pl and album.tml and it should be working now.

Cheers
Beta 2 is out:

• Added recent_uploads config item to allow users to view the most recently uploaded files. Also updated album.tml and the style sheets.
  • Fixed several bugs relating to authorization, admin, etc.
  • Updated the album.tml and CSS to have a (slightly) better look and feel.

Same upload link:

Enjoy!

[ 12-22-2001 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Mike Bobbitt ]
I tried the Beta 5 version before your new one today.
I had a heck of a problem with several of the paths.
What I found is it showed a error on the path in the config area even though it was correct.
God!! trial and error.
I have a permissions and path problem still with one file but other than that it is a great hack. I like the part of intergrating with the members files in UBB.
I was using aspupload but once I get everything set up. I will probably alter the html page to use not only pictures but files also.
I hope you continue on with your todo list.
IF I were to add anything to it that would be to interface it with a post so a person could upload a file and a ubbcode would automaticly be inserted to open the file from the forum itself.
Thanks

[ 12-22-2001 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Ruben Rocha ]
Well I tried ver 5.2 with much more success than ver4.6.
I have found two problems with it so far.
The config file shows a error for the Thmb.gif for photo,movie,album but it works fine.
The big issue right now is if I upload a movie or pdf or zip file.
When you try to open it the url reference goes to file///c:/bla/bla/bla. But the movie thmb file does appear.
Version 4.6 worked fine.
Ruben Rocha,

If you want to PM/e-mail me the URL and debug code for your site, I can take a look at it for you...

Cheers
Mike the newest version fixed the non photo link problem. It works perfect now.
Thank you for the very quick response.
I even have the style sheet working.
As far as the default thmb images I copied them into both directories. The album and cgi directory.
The only feature I have not tried is the password flat file. I am using the UBB option.
Still afraid of the static html option.

I am very very pleased with this hack.

Now I am going to print the cfg file before I hose it up.
The update is very nice. But (always that but) when someone wants a mail when a image is uploaded...this does not work. Maybe it's a permission thing?

Ruben,

Glad to hear you got it up and running. The static HTML stuff is pretty complicated, I never turn it on via the control panel, I either run it as album.pl?static=1 or from the command line. smile I didn't want to get into mail handling, at least not yet.
haha, ok Mike. This script is growing into a huge multifunctional
Okay.
I have found two quirks on the ver5.
One is the config screen.
When you make changes they sometimes do not take.
You have to submit twice for the changes to take effect.
The second one is the upload screen.
The link to take you back to the album has the function=upload variables appended to the url.
The only way out is to change pages and then go back to the album. I just went into the template and deleted the albumprog field and replaced it with the actual url. Maybe need to add a field that is not manipulated in the script?
Ruben,

I haven't seen the config not sticking, though I have seen a cached version of the config screen come up some times. Next time you think it's happened, can you check album.cfg directly? See if the changes were actually made, and just not displayed back to you...

The upload link is a known issue. I updated the code to try to be smart, and broke the link on the upload template in the process. Until I get it fixed, you can manually edit album_upload.tml and replace ####ALBUMPROG#### with a link to your album.pl. I'll fix that up soon...

Cheers
I suspected that the config file might be a cache problem just have not verified it.
On the upload page if you read my last post you will see that is exactly what I did.
I just upgraded to IE 6 and I have a lot of other problems that are not related to this script that I have been pre-occupied with.
Thanks.
Cool. I wasn't trying to ignore your post above, just wanted to give others a bit more detail on how to get past the broken upload link issue.

Cheers
Ok, I have updated the 5.0 Beta 2 zip with some bug fixes. Specifically, the "Upload Photos" link in the main album page, and the "view your photo album" link on the upload page now work correctly. There are also some other upload fixes, mostly pertaining to flatfile authentication.

As usual, you can download the new file from http://perl.cdnarmy.ca, and if you are already running 5.0, you need only replace album.pl with the new version in the zip file.

Cheers
V5.0 Beta 3 of album.pl is now out.

In addition to a couple minor bug fixes, this release features the addition of a "stringtable". All hard coded text is now moved out to album_strings.txt, where it can be modified, translated, etc.

You can download Beta 3 from http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album. To upgrade, replace album.pl, and put the new album_strings.txt in the same directory as it. Make sure album_strings.txt is readable to the web server.

If anyone has the guts to actually translate the strings to another language, I'd love to hear from you!
I just tried beta 3 and here is the error i get.
ERROR: Line 3973

Failed basic sanity test: 5.0 Beta 2 5.0 Beta 3
The only thing I can access is the config screen.
Never Mind.
I just figured out the problem.
What I did was edit the config file and added the new field.
What I forgot to do was change the version number in the config file.

[ 01-08-2002 07:11 AM: Message edited by: Ruben Rocha ]
Ruben,

I also fixed a bug where some of the hard coded strings weren't showing up in the control panel. (For example, there would have been a better explaination of what was going on with your error...) It's updated in album.pl, if you want to re-downlaod and replace the one you've got...
Hi,

I don't know how to set these properties:

cgi_dir, album_dir, template_dir, notify_file, file_photo_icon, photo_icon

Could you please help me?

By default this was in cgi_dir:
/mnt/ls5/04/811/00000018/htdocs/cgi-bin/album

Whats that: "/mnt/ls5/04/811/00000018/" ?

And by default this was in notify_file:
C:/Documents and Settings/bobbitt.NAWIN2K/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/

What do I have to type in here?

Bye
Dennis
No problem. The defaults for cgi_dir, album_dir, and template_dir are probably right. If you're not using the e-mail notification feature (which does *not* send e-mail ) then you don't need to worry about that one. Otherwise:

notify_file=/mnt/ls5/04/811/00000018/notify_address.txt ==> You'll need to create this file
file_photo_icon=/mnt/ls5/04/811/00000018/htdocs/images/thmb_photo.gif
photo_icon=/images/thmb_photo.gif

The photo icon items are guesses, and you may have to adjust based on where you've uploaded thmb_photo.gif.

Hope that helps.
Mike, in this thread:

https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=000790

They talk about a file attachment to include a picture or zip in a topic/reply. I wonder if this could be done, only for an image. I think the album script has all the fundamentals to accomplish this. The upload, thumpnail and integration with the ubb.

A member could add an uploaded image in a topic/reply so that it appears not only in the album itself, bit also in the upper right part of the topic/reply field as a thumnail. This doesn't have to be a "click and enlarge" image. Maybe it could be done by a scriptline in the public_topic.pl. It would be very nice.
how are we to see the examples when they are passworded?
Most of them are linked to forums. Just join the forums and see what you can see...
Version 5.0 has gone final!

Get it at http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album

Changes from 5.0 Beta 3 are as follows:

• Added recent_template config item and album_recent.tml template in order to allow the recent uploads screen to be properly templated.
  • Visual styles, including all templates and style sheet have been totally re-done.
  • Common header is now used for the upload form.
  • Javascript removed from upload form.
  • Common look and feel used for all pages.
  • photo.tml is gone! I've merged it with album.tml, which is now used for both photos and albums. You can still define seperate templates if you wish.
  • Fixed a bug where a views.txt entry was created for some actions that shouldn't.
  • German translations now included in album_strings_deu.txt. Provided by Wander ([email protected])
  • Fixed a bug with YaBB authentication.
  • Updated the movie icon.
  • Added rating_location config item, allowing you to show the rating form either on the photo viewing page, or under it's thumbnail, in the album.
  • Setting thumb_width or thumb_height to zero will not constrain that dimension for thumbnails. Some browsers (mostly newer ones) will keep the aspect ratio of an image when only 1 dimension is specified.

For a list of all changes since 4.6 please see http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album/!readme.html
If you want to see what the new style looks like in action, check out this Sample Gallery .

If you have any questions or problems, let me know.

Cheers!
Hi Mike,

photo_icon
movie_icon
album_icon

don't work correctly I think.

file_photo_icon

these ones work fine!

I my old cfg the paths for photo_icon ... worked correctly. I just copied the path into the new cfg!

Where could be the problem?

Bye
Dennis
Hmmm. I didn't touch that code (that I remember smile ).

On which screens are the icons broken? (in the Legend, or the page itself, etc...) Also, what are the actual links to the icon images? (Right click, properties to see what URL it's trying to load...)

Thanks!
i've tried to install version 5.. but i kept getting this problem

String table is not found! Cannot continue execution. album.pl/album_strings.txt: Not a directory

i've already upload english version in to the cgi-bin/album directory along with album.pl

can some one tells me what's wrong?
I fixed this issue with the stringtable late last night (I hope). Try re-downloading and use the new album.pl.

Cheers
nop..no such luck..sry still having the same problem
Ok, I definitely got it this time. Sorry about that folks. Re-download now, and replace your album.pl with the new version.

Cheers
it's working fine now thanx ^^

just onq small problem.... is the deleting function work? evrything seem to work ok... but when i tryed to delete pic.. i got to confirm delete file, press yes then i get this error

WARNING: /home/webserver/ubb/album/female/ayu.gif could not be deleted!

anyidea what's wrong?
Glad to hear it's fixed. The deleting problem may be caused by permissions. Does the web server have write access to the directory the pic is in? (Write access to the pic itself?)
CHMOD at 777 all the way in to the album folder (pic storage).. i used ftp to delete the old and upload a new one.... try delete the new one...but no luck.. i can edit the files just fine..but the deleting.. >_<
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I should have checked my notes earlier.

Your particular problem is that you're not authorized to delete the file! One of the following conditions has to be true:
  • You have to be logged in as a user who is a "default_admin"
  • You have to be the user who uploaded the file (and allow_delete=1)
  • The "function=admin" code has to be active.

It appears that none of those are true in this case!
Hey Mike any chance of making this able to use MYSQL authentication like UBBthreads so it can use those existing members?
Hello again!

Version 5.1 is now out the door, downloadable at http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album . New features in 5.1 are as follows:

• Added support for the Image Magick ( www.imagemagick.org ) suite of graphics tools. ``imagemagick'' config item points to imagemagick binary installation, and thumb_quality config item determines JPEG quality level. When integrated, thumbnails are generated automatically for images that don't have them. (This happens the first time the thumbnail is requested, and not found.) New thumbnails are currently emphasized with a 1 width border.
  • Admin menu now shows up by default when you are logged in as an admin.
  • Updated install package to have more intuitive directory structure.
  • Upload error and success messages are now popup windows. (Thanks to Will ([email protected]) for the code for this feature!)
  • Fixed a bug: rating_location was broken.
  • The picture being rated is now displayed on the rating form. (Another feature from Will!)
  • Fixed anonymous upload bug.

Yep, you read that right. Long awaited "automatic thumbnail generation" is here!
In the end, I decided to link it to Image Magick's "convert" binary, rather than using it's PERL library. I figure it's way easier for people to just grab the binary than it is for them to install the PERL lib.

Let me know if you find any problems.

Cheers

P.S. That's a neat idea Chuck. I'll add it to the list. I'm a MySQL newbie, so it'll take a fair amound of learning on my part...
I use-
http://www.menalto.com/projects/gallery/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index

demo here-
http://www.audi-sport.net/gallery/members
Yep, that's a good one. I've used it myself, pretty slick. But no UBB integration. smile
Mike I really like this Album.

I have two little problems that maybe you could help me with.

First. There seems to be some issue with the way imagemagic is being used to make the thumbnails.
I keep getting e-mails from people who says that the thumb nail pic is wrong. I delete the thumbnail and reload the page and the problem seems to be fixed. This sometimes happens if I delete all the thumbs in a dir and reload. I sometimes get the same thumb for all of the pics.

I am not sure if this is a imagemagic problem. I downloaded and compiled version 5.4.3-11
I am on a linux-mandrake 8.0

Second. I have been noticing that when people delete thier pics the thumbnails still remain. If the script that deletes the pics could also delete the thumbnails if they exist that could fix the first problem. (or at least be a work around)

Thanks again for a great product. (sorry for rambling)
Hi Thonolan,

I've noticed the "wrong thumbnail" problem on one of my albums too. But as far as I can tell, it looks like maybe a caching issue. (Try this: move or copy a "wrong" thumbnail to a new filename, and then access it through the web. For me, it showed the right thumbnail then, insinuating that somehow the "wrong" image was just a cached copy (or something).

As for the thumbnails not being deleted, that'd be a bug. It's supposed to delete them, so I'll have to check that one out.

Cheers
Hi all,

5.2 has been released:

I highly recommend that you upgrade to it, as it fixes several important bugs, including a potentially dangerous security problem.

List of fixes:

• Fixed login problem, where knowing the admin's username allowed arbitrary users to elevate their privilege levels.
  • Fixed bug where album_recent.tml had to be in cgi-bin.
  • Fixed bug with ``uploads not allowed'' message. (Thanks Angelia)
  • Improved photo deletion code - thumbnails are now also listed on the confirm page.
did you have time to play with imagemagick ?
Hi Chuck,

Which type of playing do you mean? You mean adding better error trapping, so when it doesn't work (like in your case) we know why?

If that's the question, the answer is no. frown But I will. smile
Mike, just a note about the wordlets "time(s)" in french the word time/times is "fois" so it ends up as "foiss" could you do something ?

thanks

C
Yep, I can fix that one. Look for it in 5.2.

Thanks!

Edit: I mean 5.3... I can't keep track of my own version numbers! laugh
Hey Mike, I have some more info about the thumbnail issue.

My system has a fairly dynamic photo album. It's for a gaming web site. I have a lot of people uploading and modifying their albums. What seems to happen is that there looks like that when more than one person uploads at the same time imagemagic generates the same thumbnail for both picts. I have verified that the thumbs are really wrong, not a caching problem.

Secondly since people are deleting thier pics often the recent uploaded photos kinda chokes when the pic has been deleted. It still tries to create a thumbnail for a pic that no longer exists. This leads to it using the last good thumbnail that imagemagic created, and saving the thumb with a name that corresponds to the missing pic.

Third would it be possible in the future to delete the whole album from inside the interface?

None of these are critical errors. Just trying to give you some info.
Thonolan,

That's great information. Now I know a bit more about how Image Magick is working, and why some thumbnails aren't showing up right. I'll see what I can do about fixing this up.

I also know why the deleted pictures thing isn't working. I should be able to fix that too.

Thanks!
Just catching up with some of the requests... 5.3 is out, changes include:

• Passwords are no longer displayed in URLs when using UBB or YaBB authentication.
  • Added a couple more strings to the stringtable. (Thanks Robert Zernisch)
  • Changed ``album_description'' to ``albumdescription'' in album.tml and Photo_Album.css, to conform to W3C CSS guidelines. Did a bit of other CSS cleanup too.
  • Added check to see if the thumbnail exists after trying to create it. If not, then a generic thumbnail is used instead.
  • Added check to see if a picture actually exists from the recent uploads screen. If not, then it is skipped.
  • Fixed the ``time(s)'' string to be multilingual. Uses ``time'' and ``times'' as seperate strings now. (I.E. Viewed 1 time, Viewed 9 times)

Download it from http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album
Cheers!
Two releases in one day! Can you believe it?

Updates in V5.4:

• Fixed white text in style sheet.
  • Added ``Comment from'' and ``Anonymous'' to string table. (Thanks Robert Zernisch)
  • Updated German string table. (Thanks again, Robert Zernisch)
  • Added rateit class to style sheet, and made the ``[Rate it]'' link conform to this class. (Was previously not ``in style'')
  • Made link to http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/about open a new browser window.
  • Fixed endless loop problem with recent uploads. Doh!

I wouldn't have released two on the same day, but the last bullet (the endless loop) was a bit of a problem!
Cheers
Nice to see how this album is developed further Mike, great work. wink

I wonder if this could be implemented in Postnuke php/mygsl portal. There are gallery's for this software but i think this album can do it better.

A thumpnail image in a block near the newspages and when you click on it then the complete album appears in the same postnuke tablestructure. Would be nice i guess.

Postnuke example: www.cyberty.nl/index.php
That would be pretty cool. My knowledge of PostNuke is limited to what you've just said though. smile

Always lots to learn! wink I'll add it to the list, and hopefully I'll find the time to check it out in a bit more detail.

Cheers
Hello again!

In an effort to try to make life easier for album.pl users, I've set up a support forum:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

This forum was put in place to allow users to post their support problems, or search previous posts to see if their question has already been answered.

I have also set up a test album, where registered forum users can "test drive" the script:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl

I know, the last thing you probably need is another forum, but hopefully this will help streamline the support process. So please use the new forums for any problems you may have.

Thanks all!
Hi all!

Been a while since my last release, but that's becaue I've been saving it up. smile

5.5 is now out, downloadable at http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/album

New features are:

• The delete album function finally works! (Though you can't delete and album that has sub albums - you have to do that recursively...)
  • Added ``pic_resize'' config item, which can be used to set the size of the actual photos as they are uploaded. See album.cfg for details.
  • Added ``always_pic_resize'' config item. When set to 1, pictures are always resized to pic_resize dimensions. When zero, only pictures that are bigger than pic_resize are ``shrunk'' down to that size. (Smaller pictures are not made larger...)
  • Added ``sortby'' config item, which allows sorting by filename or by modified date, either ascending or descending. Many thanks to Sukeband ([email protected]) for he date sorting code.
  • Added ####URL#### tag for photos. This tag adds the direct URL to the actual photo, which can be linked to for avatars, signatures, etc.
  • When entering titles and descriptions, the focus automatically starts in the ``title'' textbox. (Had to remove 2nd ####ENTERDESC#### tag from the footer template for this to work right...)
  • Slideshows are now disabled when entering titles and descriptions.
  • Fixed ``no cookie login'' problems.
  • Clicking on ``Update Titles and Descriptions'' in the admin menu no longer boots you out to the root album. (It keeps you where you were).
  • Added ``Page'' to stringtable, and made next/prev page strings different from next/prev picture strings. (So you can have unique strings for both areas.)
  • Fixed ``user becomes admin'' problem for per member uploads.
  • Fixed problem where users can see thumbnails, titles and descriptions without having to log in.
  • Fixed bug where description updates are added to the existing description (instead of replacing it).
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn't update the title/description on photos with funny characters (brackets, for example) in the name.
  • Added ``sample'' UNIX permissions to the file list, to help with installation.
  • Optimized general album execution a bit by taking out unneccessary subroutine calls.
  • Added ImageMagick error message output.
  • Fixed so many other little bugs I can't list them all!

Enjoy!
P.S. If you have any issues, I encourage them to post them at the album.pl support forums: http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi
nice mike smile
will give it a go
image magick works like a charm in this version smile
Cool, glad to hear it! Some people are still having problems with ImageMagick integration though... frown
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Bobbitt:
Cool, glad to hear it! Some people are still having problems with ImageMagick integration though... frown

well the only problem I found was with a version that was too old and got a -convert option doesn't exist.
Yeah, that's not uncommon. I want to use the PERL lib from ImageMagick at some point, and hopefully that will help some people out...
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Bobbitt:
Yeah, that's not uncommon. I want to use the PERL lib from ImageMagick at some point, and hopefully that will help some people out...

of course thereis always the solution of doing an album in PHP but what would require a LOT more work I fear
Yeah, and right now at least, PERL is more portable than PHP. Though that seems to be changing!
album.pl V5.6 is now released!

Download it here:

New features in V5.6 are:
Added ``localized configuration'' which means that if you place album.cfg in any album, the settings in that file will override the global settings. This is a very powerful feature, which allows:
  • Permitted file types (one album can be used to view only photos, another for documents, etc)
  • Features such as ratings, slideshows, jhead or ImageMagic integration can be turned on or off on a per album basis
  • Each album can point to it's own album_strings.txt file, allowing customization of all text
  • Local administrators can now administer the photos in their specific album(s), regardless of who uploaded them
  • Albums can be individually password protected, or use a different authentication mechanism (UBB for one, YaBB for another; or use multiple flat file databases, one for each album)
  • And I'm sure there's more that I'm just not thinking of!

Other features:
  • Added concurrent_uploads config item, which allows you to set the number of files a user can upload at once.
  • Added ``Move'' option to the admin menu. Photos and albums can now be moved around using the album.pl UI.
  • Photos can now be uploaded directly into the ``root'' album.
  • Improved code for finding album_strings.txt, which will reduce the ``album_strings.txt not found'' error.
  • Moved much of the documentation out of album.pl itself, and into the FAQ section of the support forums.
  • Descriptions are now removed when photos or albums are deleted.
  • Movies now open up in a new browser window.
  • Added ``Yes'' and ``No'' to album_strings.txt.
  • Added checking for null function codes in the config screen.
  • Fixed a bug with admin username determination.
  • ``Create Album'' link on admin menu is now inactive when viewing most recent uploads.
  • Fixed up a problem where owners were wiped out when descriptions were edited.
  • Fixed a bug with always_pic_resize sometimes enlarging pics when it shouldn't, and vice versa.
  • Fixed a bug where editing titles and descriptions in the root album threw an error.
  • Improved debugging info by adding more debug statements and indenting output from some subroutines.

P.S Happy Canada Day!
Has anyone tried this with 6.3? It appears to work for me.
Has anyone tried this with 6.3? It appears to work for me.
Yep, I'm running it on a 6.3 beta site, and it works fine...
Ok, I've finally fixed enough bugs that I feel like putting out a new release. laugh

Download it from:

Updates and changes in V5.7 are as follows:

Upgrade Instructions
Add these new config items to album.cfg:
  • small_width
  • small_height
  • medium_width
  • medium_height
  • large_width
  • large_height
  • album_folder_icon
  • cfgver

(See the album.cfg in the 5.7 zip file for specific formatting of these items.)
Replace these files:
  • album.pl
  • all templates (*.tml)
  • Photo_Album.css (optional: Red, Blue and Green style sheets)
  • album_strings.txt (optional: alternate language string tables)
  • thmb_album.gif
  • thmb_movie.gif
  • thmb_photo.gif
  • thmb_album_folder.gif
wheeee!!!

laugh
Mike Bobbitt I've got a question...

I'm running v5.6 without any problems. However I tried to add that Image Magick program to my 2000 IIS 5.0 Server to get the thumbnails to automaticly be generated feature.
This stuff I've download is totally greek to me. I'm not going to mess with it anymore unless there is some sort of a write up that shows how to set Image Magick up just for the album.pl program.
Any chance that something like that exists? laugh

Or if anybody else has messed with it on a 2K box I'm more then open to ideas.

I've got the Image Magick program istalled and it copied a bunch of files into my perl folders. Then I found a 20 meg download that had some files called convert in there. So I made a folder called c:imagemagick and set that as a path in the enviornment variables.
Now also I can run the test picture that comes with this Image Magick and it displays the graident rainbow bar just fine.
But when I set the path of c:imagemagick in my configuration for album.pl it never recgonizes it. I've also changed that to any directory that had a file that started with "convert" and no such luck.
And that's where I am now. confused

Anyways thinks in advance for any help!
Hi Raceit,

ImageMagick is a bit of a tough one at times. I've collected some hints and tips here:

http://perl.cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=album.pl_archive;action=display;num=1019346237

It sounds like you've done most of this already, but I'd be curious to see what the debug output has to say... smile

Cheers
Version 6 Beta 1 is out laugh
Hey all... I'm finally closing off the work on the V6 beta. Only 10 items left on the to do list! smile

Anyway, I'm hoping to enlist the help of any willing testers, so we can find and kill off any bugs before 6.0 final hits the streets. Any help would be appreciated!

Download the beta here

And check out the beta feature list here

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Cheers
I'll help Mike laugh
Thanks Allen, you've been a big help already! thumbsup
After 3 months of development, album.pl V6.0 is now complete. All known bugs have been fixed in this release! Download 6.0 here:

http://perl.bobbitt.ca/album

Unfortunately, since literally every file has gone through radical changes since 5.7, there is no upgrade path. Your best bet is to blow away your templates and style sheets and start again. Anything short of that and you're only causing yourself more work. frown The good news is, your gallery doesn't need to be touched. Titles, ratings, views, owners album heirarchy, etc will all automatically transfer to V6. (So you just need to replace the files that come in the .zip.)

For your pain, you'll get the following features and fixes:

New Features
  • Completely re-designed the templates and style sheet, to use more "modern" standards.
  • Added search screen, with the capability to search filenames, descriptions/tites, owners and ratings/comments.
  • When an album contains both sub-albums and photos or movies, their icons/thumbnails are grouped together. (Added "groups" class to style sheet for this.)
  • Added button graphics (thmb_album_*.gif) and a whack of new config items (*_button). Also added a new img_dir config item to indicate the directory for all images.
  • Added "Random" link to album_header.tml, which will bring the user to a randomly selected image. Thanks to End_User for providing code that was used as a basis for this feature!
  • Added the ability to "shroud" images (I.E. they don't have to live under the web root, album.pl will read them directly). To enable this feature, set album_dir to the location of your photos, and leave album_web blank. Thanks again to End_User for providing sample code!
  • Added "Set Album Thumbnail" to album admin menu. When selected, the admin can pick one of the thumbnails to "represent" that album.
  • Adding an empty file called "no_upload.txt" into any album prevents users from uploading into that album (not for per_member_uploads).
  • Added thumbnails for peer and parent albums in the navigation bar.
  • Added "Fullscreen Slideshow" link to photo views, which allows users to view photos in a new (fullscreen) browser, using a 5 second per picture slideshow. Changes in album_strings.txt, album_footer.tml and Photo_Album.css.
  • Added "Start Slideshow" option to photo admin menu. (Default of 5 seconds per photo.)
  • When viewing photos, the link to the "parent" album (in the nav footer) will take you to the page that photo is on (not always page 1).
  • Added ####CONFIG=var#### tag, which displays the value of "var". For example, inserting ####CONFIG=quota#### will display the current upload quota, and ####CONFIG=loggedin#### will show the currently logged in user's name.
  • Added ####DATE#### tag which will display the current date and time.
  • Updated album_header.tml and album_footer.tml to move the image sizes links below the photo.
  • Added capability to deal with MD5 hashed passwords in UBB 6.4.
  • Changed all web vars to be separated by ; instead of &: http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=:recent&ssi=5 becomes http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=:recent;ssi=5
  • Directories no longer need to be world writable in many cases. When updating descriptions, ratings, view tracking info or even the album config, as long as the file is writable it will succeed. (In previous releases, the directory had to be writable in order to create a temp file).
  • Added "block_ubb_junior_members_from_uploading" config item. Made the name long, but it should be self explanatory. smile When set to 1, Junior Members will be unable to upload.
  • Added "bread_style" config item, which allows you to switch between a folder heirarchy and a single line format for bredcrumbs.
  • Added "fullscreen" mode for slideshows. A "Fullscreen Mode" button is now shown when viewing slideshows, and it'll display just the photo, with a width of 1024. Still not fully polished, but it works.
  • Added "member_subdir" config item. When set in per_member_upload mode, all user upload directories will be created under this directory. (I.E. users/member1, users/member2...)
  • Added "rows" config item, which replaces "photos_per_page". The rows config item determines how many rows of photos and movies to display on a page.
  • Added "default_size" config item, which allows you define the default size that photos will be displayed (small, medium or large, as defined).
  • Admins are exempted from the "no_upload.txt" per album upload blocking.
  • Changed hard coded borders for albums, photos, movies and newly generated thumbnails to use style sheet classes (img.album, img.photo, img.movie and img.thumb in Photo_Album.css).
  • When logging in to a password protected album, you are now taken to that album, not to the root album. (Code from J.P. Stewart)
  • Changed upload log to use display names (not user names) where possible, which shows up in the recent uploads screen.
  • Users are now logged in when they successfully upload a photo (for flatfile authentication).
  • Moved revision history out of album.pl and into this file (CHANGES.txt).
  • Added "Show More" link to recent uploads, which allows users to view all logged uploads.
  • Added new mode: descloc=2 hides all titles/ratings/info under a thumbnail, showing just the thumbnail itself in album view.
  • Mismatched version numbers or inaccessible views files no longer cause album.pl to halt, instead a warning is displayed at the bottom of the page.
  • Clicking on "Upload" from a specific album will now set that album as the default upload directory. (Thanks to Systematic for the code!)
  • Added randomizer "SSI" code: http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?random=1;ssi=1 will display the thumbnail for a random photo, linked to the actual photo in the album.
  • The value of the "SSI" variable now indicates how many recent uploads to display: http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=:recent;ssi=5 will show just the most recent 5.
  • You can now run "SSI" slideshows: http://server.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=photoname;slideshow=5;ssi=1 will show just the photos (with no styles or formatting) in a slideshow. Great for SSI includes...
  • Removed "login," "upload," and "rating_form" function codes from album.cfg. They're now hard coded in album.pl, as there was no real benefit to being able to change them.
  • HTML tags are now stripped from the object's title, when it appears as the page title title.
  • Added comments to the templates, to make them easier to understand.
  • Fixed up static HTML statistics.
  • Improved code all over the place! album.pl is now much easier to extend, as several core functions have been moved into subroutines that can be called without context.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug with ImageMagick creating the same thumbnail for multiple images. (Was a bug in album.pl, not IM)
  • Fixed album delete problem, where files and albums where not deleted.
  • Fixed pagination problems.
  • Fixed a bug where "unsetting" values in a local config (I.E. sortby=0) would not work.
  • Cleaned up some of the upload errors, to be popup windows, instead of just text at the bottom of the upload screen.
  • Converted all paths to UNIX style (using /'s not 's) for internal use. This fixes some minor issues with the config.
  • Fixed a problem where the "Rate it" link was being displayed differently based on if there were comments or not.
  • Fixed problem where updating the description for the last photo in an album threw an error.
  • Fixed a bug where albums with certain characters, like ( or ) would have a broken title and nav footer.
  • Fixed a bug where albums with & in the filename would have broken pagination.

Check in with the album.pl support forums if you have any problems of questions.
Cheers, and enjoy!

P.S. Allen et al, this "mod" works with the 6.3 betas as well... Not sure where this thread belongs, and I didn't want to start a new one. smile
Awesome! In the next version, can you please split album.pl to like, hmm, 500 different files of 1000 lines? wink
LOL. What, a 10,000 line PERL script is too long? smile I keep thinking (and forgetting) about splitting it up. Should probably get around to it soon...
hmm.. might be a little easier on the server that way, but sure makes it easy to update wink
Yeah, good point. Laziness has won out so far on this one, and it may still! wink
Ok, I didn't. smile

But I have released 6.1 [ download here ]. Updates and fixes are as follows:

New Features
  • Database support! Forums such as UBB.Threads, Ikonboard, phpbb2 and YaBB SE can now be used for authentication.
  • A new template, album_object.tml has been added. This new template defines how each object is displayed (I.E. trhumbnail, title, etc), allowing for much better customization. There are many new tags in this template.
  • Got rid of 2 useless templates: album_recent.tml and album_rating.tml didn't have much in them, so I killed them. They're no longer required.
  • Added new installation troubleshooting tool: album_test.pl will display useful diagnostic information when viewed from the web.
  • Photo album now renders properly in Mozilla based browsers. Updated several tags in the style sheet.
  • Links to invalid objects will no longer attempt to show an object that isn't there.
  • Added new ####RANDTHUMB#### tag, which inserts a randomly selected thumbnail from the album. Includes photo title and is a link to the actual photo.
  • Added ability to have random SSI thumbnail slideshows: http://perl.bobbitt.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?random=1;ssi=1;slideshow=5 will show a new random thumbnail every 5 seconds.
  • Added check to see if any 2 function codes are the same.
  • Last photo in a slideshow now includes "Close This Window" button.
  • Added textmenu config item, which allows the use of text based menus, as opposed to the default images. (Note: templates must be manually updated if text memus are used.)
  • Comments are now hidden from the album view, displayed as the "alt" text of the "Rate It" button and on the photo view screen. Cleans up messy albums with long comments.
  • All errors will now result in a popup window, making them easier to identify.
  • Warnings can now be "stacked."
  • View files (views.txt) that aren't writable no longer stop execution, they just throw a warning.
  • Added style classes for links (admin, options, breadcrumbs, etc), and added corresponding definitions to the style sheet.
  • Broke out thumbnail links to display individually for the thumbnail and for the title. (Helps with browser formatting.)
  • Added new "ssirecentuploads" class to style sheet. This class can be used to have "ssi" recent upload thumbnails display horizontally or vertically, and controls the space between thumbs.
  • Added a link to album_test.pl to the configuration management screen (if present).
  • Display name is automatically pre-filled on the rating form when a user is logged in.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where legend would not usually display.
  • Fixed a bug where going "up" from an album on a page > 1 would cause it to try to go to that page # in the parent album, and throw things off.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause member directories to never get a title/description when using member_subdir
  • Fixed a bug where "Set Album Thumbnail" wouldn't work if thumb file extensions were a different case than the images themselves.
  • Fixed a bug with ####CONFIG=var#### and ####FILE=file#### tags killing other tags on the same line
  • Fixed a bug with album_password not working.
  • Fixed a bug where img_dir always showed as "wrong" in the config screen.
  • Fixed a bug with flatfile authentication and uploads.
  • Fixed a bug where all images after a movie won't include username/password vars in the URL.
  • Fixed a bug where using member_subdir would cause user albums to have no description.

If you have any problems or questions, just post them here or at the album.pl Support Forums !

Cheers
new discussion thread begun here:

https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=33;t=000035

smile

BTW, 6.1 is out laugh
© UBB.Developers