UBB.Dev
Name: Jimbo's Custom Status/Rank v0.0004

Credits: qasic, Jimbo

Description: Will assign a rank and/or a name to a user.

Update Description: Allows users to bypass Data Integrity Check to get rid of those false errors relating to blank TEXTAREA boxes

Requirements: UBB 6.00-6.04b

Download: http://www.qasic.com/ubbhacks.html

Support: Only available @ UBBDev

Features:

• Control Panel Integration (variables, setting titles/ranks)
  • Unlimited Ranks (based on post count)
  • Unlimited Titles (based on member number)
  • Rank Overriding (via member number)
  • mod_perl compliant

Does not Feature:

• User defined Ranks (use Dark Templar's hack for this)

Pictures:

* Custom Title/Rank Configuration Screen

* Custom Title/Rank Management Screen

* Custom Title/Rank Appearance

1 ERROR: Custom Rank: does not have |!!| present OR a blank line exists where there shouldn't be one.

Get that error no matter what I input
i get no errors..just nothing shows up on the posts page where it should appear smile everything else seems to be working 100% correctly, in the control panels and everything, even in the generated files. any ideas on what to editdouble check?

[ April 15, 2001 02:35 AM: Message edited by: evotex ]
York1 i have the same exact problem! it pisses me off. i really really really want to get this working. does anyone know how to fix it?
Well I read the old threads from when it was in Beta and some had the same trouble Tho I tried the ways explained in the old threads around that error and Still no lukc for me
I'm having the same problem fellas. The thing is with me, it made a blank space between the display name and the member number. No status is shown at all. You can see it here:
http://forums.section31.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000003

(just a random post)

Help is needed... How do we correct this?
Hmm ... did you use the SHW for this hack by any chance?

qasic
no, i didnt
evotex, can you ICQ or AIM right away - 10488369 / kalokf.

Thx.

qasic
I used the SHW file for my install And only problem was the error I listed above
Hello.. I am a REAL newbie at hacking, and installed this hack on 6.02 & 6.04 and it worked like a charm!! It is a GREAT hack and my 5800+ members LOVE the ranks!

Thank you so much for making the hacks & supplying them for free!!

Denise
evortex's problem fixed: he didn't hack my code in correctly wink

Everything else who is experiencing the problem involving blank lines, try entering this dummy data (with membernumber 00000000):

00000000|!!|Nothing

q
for some reason when you load op the admin to edit it, a space is put in Custom Ranks Override box, as its empty it makes a space, thats whats doing hte error
That is correct ... UBB automatically does this for some reason frown

qasic
Thanks qasic.

Adding that dummy rank did the trick. This is a GREAT HACK! Thank you again. wink
Well I still cant git it to work using the SHW for install
York1: I'm going to have to look @ your board personally.

Send me (via PM or e-mail):

1)Link to board
2)Password to an user/admin account there
3)FTP url
4)FTP l/p

Thx.

qasic
YGM and thanks for the help smile
York1's problem fixed. His was twofold:

1) He entered an incorrect path for Custom Titles; he had two // in the path for some reason.

2) He forget the Backspace trick. You need to backspace on seemingly Empty Fields EVEN THOUGH they seem empty. Backspace until it's impossible. It's a quirk within the UBB software unfortunately. I may be using this server for testing purposes later on to see if I can quash this annoying bug.

qasic
Thanks for the Help wink Its working great now
The custom title works fine but I have yet to get the custom ranks to work at all. The database is there with the ranks listed in there but the default ranks are still being shown. I cleared the ubb cache and all that. So what else should I do?

Additionally if you use HTML in the Custom Rank for Admins and then save it, when it re-displays it messes up the form.

[ April 16, 2001 08:29 PM: Message edited by: TundraSoul ]
Tundra:

Check that:

1) Use Both is ON for Custom Title/Rank settings.

2) Give me a picture of how the ranks are messed up if you use HTML?

Thx.

qasic
quote:
Thanks number 1 fixed the first thing.

Now for the second. When I use something like Administrator in the Custom Rank for Admins it saves the codes correctly but re-displays this only on the form line:

One thing I noticed you should probably add is when you look at the profile of new members it shows their default rank and not the hacked one. Perhaps a simple fix?
Tundra: The Regular Status on User Profile is the designed behaviour.

New Custom Title/Rank ZIP File Bugfixes:

* mod_perl compatability problem fixed (uninitializied variable)
* unfiltered " problems fixed (thx Tundra)
* blank area TEXTAREA debugged - you'll need to upgrade your Perl version
* FAQ updated

Download: http://www.qasic.com/ubbhacks.html

To Update: re-upload cp_custom_status.cgi into UBB CGI directory and CHMOD 755

qasic

[ April 17, 2001 10:05 AM: Message edited by: qasic ]
quote:
I get the same Error York1 did, but i looked at my Status/Rank settings, and there are no extra // or anything.. is there anything else it could be? Here are my Titles that i am trying to put in.

00000000|!!|Nothing
00000001|!!|Ultimate Coolness Matey
00000005|!!|King of the Mateys
00000008|!!|Im Batman
00000014|!!|The Captain

----
Just wanted to add, Even if i DONT put anything in the Custom Title Area, it says it is wrong. and i get the same error.

[ April 17, 2001 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Albert_Lewis ]
Check this:

Inside the Text Area for Custom Titles press + . I bet it shows blank space at the bottom. it away.

qasic
Ya i tryed that already.. sorry.. it still gives me that darn error.. i didnt use SHW would that make a diffrance?
Hmm . . . . I'm not sure if this would work, but you could add this somewhere to the script to remove that white space:

Code
code:

I can't guarantee it'll work, I haven't tried it myself.
Mr. Clean, that's already in. No effect what so ever.

The dude with the problems, I'm going to need to look @ your board personally. E-mail the cp login and url plz ([email protected]) or AIM/ICQ me.

q
Problem fixed. Entering in dummy data fixes the problem.

BTW, all users should be re-uploading the new cp_custom_status.cgi *hint* *hint*

smile

qasic
Okay, I think I've found a good work around in the coding for the blank text area bug (even though its Perl's fault.)

I need some testers. Go d/l my ZIP file again and re-upload cp_custom_status.cgi into the UBB cgi dir. Now do whatever you did previously to cause errors when you had blank boxes - the errors should now NOT show up smile

qasic

[ April 18, 2001 12:10 AM: Message edited by: qasic ]
Thanks qasic!! laugh laugh
quote:
I see the error in the custom override box. It has one too many blank lines in there. To fix I simply backspace over it. Here's the error.

Custom Override Rank: does not have |!!| text |!!| present OR a blank line exists where there shouldn't be one
So which parts were blank - only the Override section?

Are you sure you uploaded the NEW cp_custom_status.cgi inside the zip file?

Thx.

qasic
Just wanted to say thanks to you quasic. I only started using UBB today and have managed to set this MOD up easily (with minimal help from a friend).

Thanks again! Keep up the good work.

Hamish
Hey, qasic, do you plan to fix this to where the statuses show up in profiles, too? I think this could be done with only a little more modification. This is one thing that bugged me about the older version of this hack too...
Yes, looks like a very nice mod qasic.. any time frame on integration with dark templar's stars/status? I basically need to be able to add more status' (stati?) that'll use a different image as the # of posts get to certain levels. DT allows for 5 and I got someboby who wants 20... smile That's a lotta rewriting of dt's script... laugh
was just wondering if anybody could help me out here...i installed the hack and i think i did everything ok in the scripts and the u/l part coz i can see the menus in the control panel,but whenever i try to goto the primary settings and press the update button i get this error msg:
"Unable to open vars_custom_status.cgi file for writing."

how do i fix this??

any ideas will be welcome smile
Sounds like you either forgot to upload the file or you haven't set permissions on it yet...
AA: Already done. Just set the ranks accordingly and add the appropriate image to each rank.

Sorry, but I would not be modifying the profiel to show custom title. You can do it yourself if you like. Not that hard. wink

qasic
quote:
Yes. The cursor always starts on the second line.

quote:
Yep. Checked the filedate and it was the new one.
FileDate is probably not a good check. Open up cp_custom_status.cgi and see if you have the following three lines:

quote:
Thanks in advance!

qasic
Hey q, I got the same error message and I downloaded the files this afternoon... I didn't set any status except for the Custom Ranks and left the rest blank, which coulda been my mistake...

I know when clicking inside any of the text boxes, the cursor automatically goes to the second line.
Darn Pearl acting up again. It's a bug in Pearl that was only fixed in latter versions of Perl. If you can, please upgrade the Perl otherwise use the old backspace trick or fake data.

And a thought I found a workaround ....

qasic
This is the best hack man..Easy installation..as for me no mistake at all...Great job man
I installed the hack, edited, uploaded and chmodded everything, but when trying to access my Control Panel to input custom statuses and ranks, I got this error message:

quote:
Editing cp.cgi, and looking for this line 395...

if (($ubb eq 'get_profile_for_admin') && ($status eq 'Administrator')) {
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/cp_users.cgi";
&get_profile_for_admin; exit;
} #end get_profile_for_admin

...the line in bold is line 395. Weirdly enough, it wasn't changed by the hack. What happened?
Re-hack cp.cgi and tell me what happens.

q
I've installed everything fine (I quess), I did the .SHW, and I also did it manually. When I want to Update the Custom Status/Rank Variables to create my vars_custom_status.cgi file, I get this error:

Unable to open vars_custom_status.cgi file for writing.
» Use your browser's back button to return.

What did I do wrong? I'm using UBB 6.04b
Please email help to renslohmann@hotmail.com . Thx!
You never pressed "Submit Variables" in the configuration area of Custom Status/Rank to generate that file. Do that and the file will be generated.

q
Well, I get that error when I press that button! I haven't created the vars_custom_status.cgi, when I try to (by pressing that button) I get this error I mentioned in my previous post!
That means you have a permissions problem.

qasic
New Version Release (0.0004).

See Release Notes on the first page to see what's new. To upgrade, upload the new, indicated files in the Install Doc. Then resubmit your Custom Status/Rank settings.

qasic
No complaints at all. Great hack. Thanks a lot!
Ultra newbie alert. What do I do with SHW??
Is it an easy way to install the mods?
Sorta. http://shw.coders-net.com/ for more details.

q
SHW made a world of difference! In fact it is a no-brainer. It works fine now, except for having to backspace before saving the ranks each time.

[ April 25, 2001 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Rinkrat ]
This hack has a conflict with that Star/Status hack I think.

I am a beginner at this, but both are named custom_status throughout. So i don't think both of these hacks can coexist unless someone goes through every line of code and changes it. frown

Please correct if i'm wrong, and i hope i'm wrong.

-viridus
Virdus, my hack is NOT compatible with Dark Templar's hack.

q
dang frown

this custom status is so cool also.

Oh well, good work anyways quasic.

-viridus
Just so you know this hack does not work on UBB6.04c. It will not create the vars_whatever file when you first go into the Custom Rank settings.
Newest version creates it in Variables directly so it should otherwise 1) you hacked it incorrectly or 2) you have a permissions problem.

q

P.S. I AM running it on v6.04c with no problems smile
Add me to the problem issues!

qasic- I LOVE AND USE ALL YOUR HACKS!
I am on 6.04c (infopop PLEASE STOP THE UPGRADING ALREADY) I cannot seem to get it to work. I am going to try the backspace trick again, but I am not confident.

My e-mail is [email protected] if you would like to take a look at the board.

www.teamfalcononline.com

Thanks!
Qasic!

YOU ARE THE MAN. Never mind! Mine work fine now! Thank you very much!
This is great I love it, my members love it but I have one tiny request wink

With Custom Ranks Override it would be really good if you could do a complete set of custom ranks for certain members, as an examble custom ranks set at

1|!!|Visitor
10|!!|stranger
100|!!|Vet

And then the custom rank override
00000022|!!|10|!!|Good Friend
00000022|!!|100|!!|Superstar poster

At the moment the hack will only recognise the first one and no matter how many posts the member has will still call them good friend.

What I had hoped to impliment was a good/evil system, my board is based on a role playing game and having titles that keeps everyone happy is a nightmare. My plan was to have a standard set of ranks up to 100 posts and then have 2 alternative paths leading to good and evil ranks.

Maybe something to think about for a future upgrade?
I'm getting a bunch of errors saying that vars_custom_status.cgi doesn't exist. It isn't there and it didnt come with the zip! what should i do about that...
PokeDigi, it's obviously you have not read the documentation. Read the install document carefully and you'll find the solution (hint, hint ... submit variables first wink )

q
hey i just used the SHW file to install this hack, it works fine for me.

i think its brilliant, saves editing files all the time laugh
so is it impossible for both the stars system and the custom rank to work together?
Yes that is possible.

q
quote:
that's great!
could u teach me how to do that?
pls send the instructions to
timothy_sin@hotmail.com
thanks a lot!! laugh
RTM (Read the Manual).

qasic
Is it possible to have this work with the megamoderator hack?
can you make a feature for this hack which will allow to configure custom titles based on number of posts?
quote:
I use the other custom rank hack, just because it allows custom titles. If 8 ranks are enough for you, you can use the other hack from Dark Templar.
XuDux: you'll have to code that in yourself.

q
New to hacking...didn't know what a shw file was so I did it all manually. Everything works great except the custom rank overide

If I have my custom admin set as "League Admin"

And then at the bottom I have

00000001|!!|0|!!|Pseudo-Admin

The Custom Rank overide will not show.

The Custom Titles
Custom Ranks
And Custom Admin/Moderators all work flawlessly.

Any suggestions?
hi all

Before I apply the hack, I should ask if it works for v6.04d

Or if it's been tested by anyone...i'm too lazy to backup and try it unless no one else has..

Thanks guys

-Phil

[ May 07, 2001 04:21 AM: Message edited by: Phil C ]
LWC: I bet you missed the following instruction.

Inside ubb_lib_posting.cgi,

find:

quote:
add below:

quote:
PhilC: yes, it's compatible.

qasic
hey hey

this hack is truely one of my favorites here...it adds so much customizable things to your UBB

but now, i got the Mega Mod hack installed and was wondering if there was a way to add a default Mega Moderator section to this code, just like Administrator and Moderator is in

it could be another version of this code...optional if you have it in

i really wanna know how to do this :-/, and it would be helpful to ppl in the future who have this mod

..::|-Peace-|::..
Hi again

I have installed the hack no problems. Thanks quasic, jimbo for the hack.

Job well done!

Thanx
-Phil
Thanks Qasic! Thats fixed it right up.

Here is another question for you. I really love this mod. But in general on my board it has produced an outragous amount of spamming From people trying to get their Ranks elevated. IF I set it to "custom Titles only" will the default ranking system then show up.

I would like to remove the ranks all together.

Thanks

LWC
If it is Custom Titles only then no ranks should appear.

qasic
hey man, i did it perfectly, but when i updated in the cp it said it couldnt write to the file vars_custom_status.cgi but thats cuz it isnt there, so can someone help?
Hi,Qasic
i have seen all of your posts about " Jimbo's Custom Status/Rank " ,but i can't link your site->www.qasic.com/ubbhack.htm,i want to get this hack's final ver,pls tell me how 2 get it !ok? thank u very much ~~!!!!!!!or pls email this final hack 2 me [email protected]
2 pac: CHMOD your variables directory to be 777. Once the file has been created, then chmod back to its original value.

The URL to d/l my hacks is http://www.qasic.com/ubbhacks.html

qasic
qasic,
i still can't link 2 your site ! could u do me a favor that email these 2 pacs 2 me???thank u very much!!!
*cough* need multi style ranks upgrade so *cough* people can have different rank templates, ie fed, klingon etc..*cough*
Elix,

You'll have to ask your host why it doesn't work. It works fine on 3 different ISPs here.

qasic
Unable to open vars_custom_status.cgi file for writing.

i keep getting that error! what am i doing wrong?
CHMOD your Variables directory (probably CGI-BIN) 777. Create that file again and then CHMOD back to its original value.

qasic
in the directions when it says "files generated" do i have to make that file with nothing in it then upload it?
No that just tells the user what files the Script generates so it's easier to clean up the hack if you decide to uninstall it.

qasic
Will this mod work on UBB 6.03?
how do i get rid of the space under every persons name?

[Linked Image]
I presume you're using Titles Only then? Then remove the rank related one in the public_topic_page.pl

q
qasic,5555555,i can only link this site of you which is in your signature!,but i still can't link your site of :www.qasic.com!!could u do me a favor that email this final hack 2 me ??Thanks in advance!!
Sent.

q
Wow!!!!I have got that in my Mailbox!!!!!Coolllllllllllllll.Thank U!!!!!!!!very very Much!!!!!!!
In the control pannel, each option related to the hack is listed twice!!!! What did I screw up this time? heh. Thanks in advance.
Can you provide us a screenshot of the problem? Thx.

q
this hack work with StarStatus hack ??????????????????????

smile
No.
hmmm no work on my board?
Keeps saying you don't have access to that area, in my control pannel??
Cartoon, cp.cgi was hacked incorrectly. Re-hack from backups.

qasic
Hmmmm...for some reason it's not creating these files:

cstatus.cgi
crank.cgi
crankma.cgi
cranko.cgi

Because I looking in my cgi-bin and they wernt there and when I try to add a status I get this error:

unable to open custom status database (/home/coders-n/public_html/ultanime/cgi-bin/cstatus.cgi) for output

I am using 6.04e
http://www.ultanime.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Thank you,

M_E_W

*EDIT*
I got it working.

[ May 19, 2001 07:30 PM: Message edited by: M_E_W ]
Q this rocks, thanks again! Very easy install laugh
I installed this hack and it seems to be working fine, but I can't figure out how the override features work. For example, I have 5 levels of custom ranks. And then on top of that I have certain people with custom statuses. If one of these people post, both the custom rank AND the custom status comes up, first the custom rank then below it the custom status. Is there any way that it can shuttle between the two depending on if they have a custom rank or not?

The hack for UBB version 5 worked like that. It would first look at the custom rank and then if some had a custom status, it would override it and post just that.

I don't know if I missed part of the hack but it works fine other than that. My version # is 6.04e.
qasic,

I *think* I've read all of the posts here, but this has probably been asked: if I'm using ranks but not titles, can I eliminate the blank space that titles would have taken?

www.seventhgear.com/cgi-shl/ultimatebb.cgi

- ML -
Rajah: That's the designed behaviour. If you want the other behaviour, you can use Dark Templar's Star Hack.

Laguna: You have to remove the $custom_rank field from ubb_topic_page.pl.

qasic
Sorry qasic, one more thing (I'm a bigtime rookie)... does this hack disable the Anchor hack, or do I simply reapply Anchor? The install for this hack worked perfectly, but Anchor died.

Thanks

- ML -
Love this Mod!!
quote:
Sorry, I haven't used Anchor hack with this hack so I don't know. frown

qasic
Hi,

this hack is great, but I have a few questions.

As you can see here :
Topic of my forum
I can see the Rank of my Moderators and Admins, but I can´t see the member´s rank. Also my members can´t see it, so I suppose I did something wrong.

I can setup everything in the CP, I can save it etc. everything works there, so I guess I did something wrong in the ubb files... but I don´t now, I am not very good in programming frown

Thanks for your help
Dennis
Looks as if you have not set your ranks for Members under Manage Custom Ranks/Status in the Maintenance menu.

qasic
Hi,

I did that - I placed the following ranks into Manage Custom Rank/Status in the Custom Ranks field :

16|!!|Matrose
32|!!|Maat
64|!!|Bootsmann
128|!!|Hauptbootsmann
192|!!|Stabsbootsmann
256|!!|Fähnrich
384|!!|Leutnant
512|!!|Oberleutnant
640|!!|Kapitänleutnant
768|!!|Korvettenkapitän
896|!!|Kommandant
1024|!!|Fregattenkapitän
1280|!!|Kapitän
1536|!!|Flottillenadmiral
1792|!!|Konteradmiral
2048|!!|Vizeadmiral
2560|!!|Admiral
3072|!!|Großadmiral

I think that´s right, isn´t it ?
But nothing is shown !

Do I have to think of anything else ?

Dennis
In your Custom Title/Rank settings, have you set Both for the Display setting?

qasic
ok
thanx

but this hack working with ubb 6.04 e or 6.04 d?????

replay please!
yes
Hi,

I am still working on getting this hack run.

I reinstalled it again, checked again, checked to CHMOD everything right etc.

-> Just the Mods/Admins are shown, no matter what is set in the CP. The crank.cgi gets everything right, but the ranks for my members are not shown.

Perhaps this is because I use the german version ?
I don´t know, please help wink

Dennis
Ok hers my deal

I have version 6.04e

i have don this hack 5 TIMES NOW!!!!

i get the same problem M_E_W from a few posts above

first error
it cant not open or create the first variables cgi file it says cant open this file to wrote to it

with that that happening the other 4 crank ect files can no be created because of the first error

like i said i have done this 5 TIMES

each time i REdownloaded the zip file thinking maybe i got a bad download
and then started from scratch each time

anyone who has syccesfully added this to a v6.04e please tell me if anything different is needed to complete this hack please

thanks in advance
SCOTT
Too many people are getting that error. I think I'm going to have to hard code a check in for that. Anyways, the easiest solution is to CHMOD your CGI-BIN to 777, run Custom Status/Rank settings, and then CHMOD the cgi-bin TO 775.

qasic
Hi,

do you also have a solution for my problem ?
Thanks
Dennis
PM me w/ the URL to your board plus an administrators l/p as well as a
FTP l/p.

qasic
thank you for the help Quasic but it didnt work the same thing happend

if it helps im on a Unix server
Hmm .. I guess you've have to upload a file with 0 bytes into that directory. I believe you have to upload 4 null files into your variables directory as stated in the Files Generated sectin of the documentation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

P.S. dbode's problem fixed. He speicifed his ranks incorrectly and that was causing a problem smile

qasic
i get this when i try to g into the cp.cgi. why?
Software error:
Execution of cp.cgi aborted due to compilation errors
. :rolleyes:
Incorrect hacking. Re-hack from known good backups.

q
Can anybody explain how to adapt this hack for PMs and Profile Screens? I didn't find it quite so simple as qasic said it should be. ^_^

Thanks-
R51
quote:
i re hacked te coede and i still have the same prob is this beuse i have ubb 6.03??
It works on UBB 6.03. If you're having problems installing, use SHW.

qasic
ZIP file updated with a slightly modified program to detect for writeable permissions during initial setup. No need to upgrade unless necessary.

qasic
How can I make the titles replace the rank on a user, like it was in Jimbo's Hack for v5?
Not possible w/ my version. Sorry.

q
Anything is possible.

If instead of using Custom Titles, I could put them in the Custom Ranks Override thing and make the post count 0, it would put the title in where the rank is, right?

[ May 30, 2001 10:56 AM: Message edited by: -radiokilla- ]
does this hack also haves the stars with the custom status like ubb 5 had ?
radio: that won't work because this hack treates titles differently from ranks.

Matrixx: you can add in stars if you like; that's specificable inside the Control Panel.

q

[ May 30, 2001 03:32 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]
quasic, it does work. You put in mem#|!!|0|!!|Titleyouwant and it puts that title in place of the rank laugh
Meaning you treat title as rank? Sure that'll work cool

q
qasic, I have a question for you:

In my cp.cgi I don't have
Code
code:
so what should I do?

Also, when I go to the CP and select Manage Custom Titles/Ranks I get this error:

Can't locate vars_custom_status.cgi in @INC (@INC contains: /cgi-bin/UBB /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at cgi-bin/UBB/cp.cgi line 361.

[ May 31, 2001 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Sufian ]
You must have that line. This hack requires UBB 6.0 GOLD +

q
I've got version 6.02

Anyways I got the cp.cgi part fixed..now my main problem is that when I try to go to it in the CP it tells me that it can't find the vars_custom_status.cgi.

[ May 31, 2001 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Sufian ]
Looks as if cp.cgi was hacked incorrectly.

q
qasic, hack is working fine except for one thing. I get this space under the username. Here's a screenshot:

[Linked Image]

I guess it's a
tag in a template somewhere. I'm new to all this. If anyone can help me out thanks a lot.

I'm using version 6.04. Here's the link to my test board:
http://shrug73.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?

[ June 01, 2001 11:36 AM: Message edited by: The Wedge ]
So I presume you are using Titles only? You can remove the
from the public_topic_page.pl. It should be around $custom_status.

q
Is it possible to let the user set their own custom rank? I noticed that i may have to put edit: user_profile[7] in the public_edit_profile.pl, but i couldn't find it. The hack works perfectly, i just need the let users define their own, but at the same time controling it so if a member abuses it, i can edit it.
Thanks.
Sorry, it doesn't allow that.

q
Hi,

I saw that your hack will fit perfectly into the memberlist hack - do you know what to put in there to get a special row which contains the rank of the users ?

Thanks again for your help wink

Dennis
Ah, something else.
I saw in Private Messages (when you get a knew message) that there is still shown the normal UBB rank, but not the Custom Status Hack under the username. Is this known already ?

Dennis
designed behaviour.

q
Hi - has the code changed for UBB 6.04e?

I was looking through the coding in my ubb_lib_posting.cgi and it has an extra bit of code in the first hack. It shows local(FILE*) now. Should I replace it? How else might the hack need to be modified?
Huh? Can you describe your problem further thx.

P.S. I've tested it on UBB 6.04e w/ no problems smile

qasic
see post below

[ June 05, 2001 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Orb ]
these files have been modified to work if you use the megamoderator hack by al bundy
it gives you the ability to set tiles/stars/etc to the magamod

i have tested on my site and one other with no problems there is no extra hacking to be done just replace the files with these and set the status
megamod must be installed and i have not suplyed qasic's original install instructions you will need those as well if you dont have this installed

http://www.orbsworld.com/orb/images/custom%20tiles%20with%20megamod.zip
well, since this is already the longest thread in the world, i figure i'd just add my 2 cents right on top

i installed it (manually) on 6.04e. i got the space under the username, did all the business that you've perscribed in this mammoth thread, but i still got it. so i gave up smile

the hack works perfectly except for this little bitty problem, and i think my users and myself can live with it.

thanks for this hack, i've been looking around for something like this for a while.
thedoctor and everyone else who is using custom titles only (and not ranks).

in public_topic_page.p

find:

Code
code:

remove it.

qasic
Great hack! Works perfectly. Thanks! laugh
I love this hack it rullezz! I hope you work on the layout of the CP tho I dont like it very much .. but thats me.. like intead of making the numba in a field you select the member numba in a dropdown and get rid of that ugly green and so on smile

[ June 06, 2001 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]
FIND:

unless ($Moderator =~ /$this_user_number/) {
$user_status = "$vars_misc{MemberTitle}";

REPLACE WITH:

unless ($Moderator =~ /$this_user_number/) {
$user_status = &FixMod;

i cant find that any were? in ubb_lib_posting.cgi

[ June 06, 2001 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Mr.Clean ]
i installed the hack but when i get in the control panel to access the manage or the other section of this hack.

i get permission denied.
i dont get it , im the owner of that board?
Mr. Clean: that line would be missing if you had removed it so that you would see Moderators as Moderators in all forums.

to the other person: please rehack from known backups. You hacked the files incorrectly.

q
ubb_lib_posting.cgi question for qasic again.

Here's some clarification as to what I was talking about. Your instructions say to find and add as follows:

FIND:

local($forum_number, $topic_number, $array_start, $page_number, @topic_file, @stat_line, @ordered_topic, $j, $ThisPage, $TopicPageTotal, $PostTotal, $PageName, $whole, @postinfo, $MaxPoint, $ContinueAt, $NextPage, $TotalPages, $close_transfer_wording, $ubb_friend_on, $close_option, $reply_button, $move_option, $delete_option, $reply_restrict, $topic_restrict, $reply_wording, $topic_wording, $category, $cat_name, $line, @thisline, $un_coded, $public_name, $this_user_name, $hyphen_date, $ip_number, $ip_wording, $is_reg, @datearray, @timearray, $year_check, $year, $ThisDate, $get_hour, $get_minute, $FormatTime, $post_body, $edit_link, @user_profile, $this_user_number, $user_status, @themonths, $RegDate, $RegMon, $RegDay, $RegYear, $AuthorExtra, $profile_link, $email_link, $icon_number, $this_icon, $direct_reply, $alt_color, $hop_to_options, $page_name, $show_public_name, $ip_divider, $cat_line1, $cat_line2, $user_rating, $user_type, %Rater, %User, %votes, %total, %avg, %weighted_avg, $homepage_link, @author_extra, $location_line, $regdate_line, $post_total_line, @blank, $u, $member_number, $allow_images, $overall_rating, $stars, $rating_line, $total_votes, $pm_link, %rate_list);

ADD BELOW:

local($custom_status);

But if you look at the new ubb_lib_posting.cgi, the one that comes with 6.04e, the end of your "Find" section reads:

[beginning ommitted]
$show_public_name, $ip_divider, $cat_line1, $cat_line2, $user_rating, $user_type, %Rater, %User, %votes, %total, %avg, %weighted_avg, $homepage_link, @author_extra, $location_line, $regdate_line, $post_total_line, @blank, $u, $member_number, $allow_images, $overall_rating, $stars, $rating_line, $total_votes, $pm_link, %rate_list);
local(*FILE);

So, you see, my question is do I replace the *FILE that's in the parenthesis with $custom_status, or something else?

If I use the same hacked file from the 6.0 version I was using, my eusers can't post at all, they get an error.

Thanks.
Code
quote:</font><HR>
thedoctor and everyone else who is using custom titles only (and not ranks).

in public_topic_page.p

find:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:
remove it.

qasic, i did. and it worked. now its even better. thanks for the help. its appriciated.

and thanks again for the great mod.
Junethesis,

Please follow the instructions carefully. The instructions say to find
that long line and then add something below it. It mentions NOTHING about
local(*FILE). You're really complicating yourself smile

So, in summary, don't touch the local(*FILE). Just add the
local($custom_status) after the long text.

qasic
Okay - okay. Just checking. It's just that it wansn't there the last time I did the hack - so I didn't want to mess anything up.

Thanks for your replies.
quote:
SOO DO I JUST SKIP THAT STEP?
quote:
You can but you'll be missing some functionality of the full featured hack smile

qasic
quote:
what can i do to get the full fetured?
I do know to what extent the removal of that line will affect this hack. Sorry.

qasic
i installed the hack from the shw file , so how can it be a bad hack then?
NickJ: Then you've not uploaded some files that were supposed to be uploaded.

q
In your directions, it says to find:

cp_common.pl (template)

I can't find this template in my install. Could it be I have a "light" install? It says version 6.04e.

Thanks
Daddyo
when Iedit "ubb_lib_posting.cgi" I get a low memory error! I know That this isn't possbile beacuse I closed all the programs and I still couldn't edit it! well I made it trhough 2 new inserts in there,but the rest doesn't work! Can some some help me edit it? Some one trustworthy? e-mail me at [email protected] thanks.
Daddyo: wth is a "light install". There's no such thing in the UBB world.

Telenesis: get a better text editor.

q
Teleknesis,

i use an editor called NfoDiz. i dont know if this is the greatest one around, but i like it and it does the job.
here's the link to their homepage.

http://www.dntb.ro/users/brigada/nfodiz/index.htm
I installed it on my active board and the custom ranks are not working. They only say Member for everyone. The Custom Titles are working, though. Any ideas on why? I have it set to Both.

http://sicktracks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

thanks
On the other hand, it might be working. I think I just have to wait for everyone to post for their ranks to show, right?

Not sure what to make of it because I see someone's rank working, but my rank (Admin) is still coming up as Member.

[ June 12, 2001 03:19 AM: Message edited by: The Wedge ]
Nah it's not working. It's weird. It's only working for one person.

I'm using the newest version 6.04f, maybe that's the problem.

[ June 12, 2001 11:19 AM: Message edited by: The Wedge ]
I used this hack and every thing is working great!

You can cheack it out here -> http://www.shocklabz.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
The Wedge: Any problems you want me to help you debug?

q
Yes! please help me out. Do you want me to PM my account info and stuff? I've already installed it twice on a test board on the previous version of UBB. But now it won't work right. Just let me know what you need. Thanks.
Have you tried the SHW? That's probably the best way for you. I could install it for you; but it would cost you $$$. If interested, PM me.

qasic
Are you getting ERRORS when you try to add Custom Levels/Ranks?

If so try turning OFF the Data Verification Check.

Thats what I did when it kept responding with ERRORS every time I tried to make up custom ranks etc.
how do I use this shw file?

[ June 12, 2001 10:01 PM: Message edited by: The Wedge ]
http://www.shayaansoft.com/

qasic
thanks, works like a charm now.
That website doesn't appear to be working. I'm getting a 547 error when I try and access the custom titles/rank option in the control panel. I rehacked it three times now, and get the same error every time.

Any suggestions? help(!)
DaddyO: Was is a 547 error?

q
quote:

Is the error I'm receiving from cp.cgi.

[ June 14, 2001 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Daddyo ]
Daddyo's problems have been resolved. It was due to incorrect hacking (and the incorrect following of instructions).

q

[ June 14, 2001 06:55 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]
how i can make this to be show on profile too?
is there an add-on for that?
qasic, the link to the file doesn't have an extension. I can't get to it.
Cool Hack, I'll try install it later and hopefully no problems. smile
edit:nevermind, all problems solved

[ June 17, 2001 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Teleknesis ]
qasic!

First, Thank you for EVERYTHING you do!

Second, I'm trying to get the who's online display (where it lists the users)... each user as an active link to that user's profile..

As seen in the Authority List hack....

Any ideas / suggestions?
Tele: no problems for me!

qasic
Installed the hack but...when I go to the control panel and click on the custom title/rank thing...it gives me an "FYI - you do not have permission to access this page" I've tried logging out and back in and realoading and both my ADMIN names...any idea what I'm doing wrong? Help would appreciated...peace.
Excellent work, q. I like controlling my Members Custom Stats a lot better than letting them go crazy by allowing them their own "fun".
Will this work with 6.5?
Mizza: incorrect hacking of cp.cgi

This hack should work on UBB 6.05.

qasic
Crap, I didn't notice that 6.05 is out. frown Now i have ot upgrade. Upgrading means overwriting files. and that means overwriting this hack which took me 2 hours ot figure now how to install and use. frown
I forgot I made a MultiHack MHP file for this hack. It was late and I was tired. smile Anyway I installed it and all works fine on my board. Lemme check things out and I'll upload it.

You will be able to find it at https://ubbdev.com/mhk
Has anyone figured out how to get this displayed in the profile?
Hello,

the hack works very well, fine work. But there is a little issue where I need some help. In the FAQ you write:

quote:
I have tried both settings and every time a Mod will sho as mod in every board. But he is mod in one board only. I use UBB 6.05

All other features seems to work fine. I check out several times ubb_lib-posting.cgi but cant find any error. I understand your FAQ so that I dont have to put the # in if I like to see the mod only in his mod boards and put it in to display his mod title everywhere, right ?

Iss there a known problem out there with Avatar and who is online hack ?

Anyone have a quick hint for me ? Thank you
Actually, Mastermind just released a hack that does this. Look for it here:

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000072
Thanks, but that is what I DONT need smile I will show the mod tag only in boards where the user IS mod and not if he post in other boards.

I clear out the cache and use the orginal hack code. all works fine. I go to a forum and read postings. There will be some Postings of the mod of this board and he will show corectly as mod. There will be other postings from mods of other boards and they show up as user. Fine ! But if i switch to a other forum where the mod is only user he will now displayed as mod again. This can be only solved with clear out the cache again.

And that's my problem. I hope, you understand it.

[ July 03, 2001 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Zarzal ]
quote:

any way you can report this url?
What do you mean report?
quote:
sorry i mean can any one repost a working link?
please i really need that patch for jimbos hack that allows mega mods
bump
bump!
bumpo! laugh
Just emailed him the MrClean the hack...
BTW... I download & archive almost every version of every hack here for the last 5 months or so..... Maybe sometime in the future, with EACH and EVERY author's support, i'll host them for you guys, as sort of a backup archive 8)

Just an Idea!!!.. Until then... If I see someone looking, i'll just pop in and email them the file 8)

BTW, you can reach me @ [email protected]
I have a question for the hack, can you add stars to this without the hack by adding the image HTML code next to the rank?
quote:
If there's a HTML tag that supports that then of course but I'm not aware of any such HTML tag.

qasic
I used MultiHack to install this hack, and it works fine! I like all of the things you can do with this hack. I am using v6.05.

You CAN add stars to the ranks, just add the HTML for them - Example:

Code
code:

And it will display the stars right below the rank. Just check out my board to see an example.

http://www.planetstorm.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
quote:
i dont understand

"Just emailed him the MrClean the hack"

dont make sence!?
confused
thanks for this great mod, it works perfect on my board!

I've got a small question...

I want my moderators and administrators to have a custom status (depending on number of posts) like the normal members...

Example:

username
custom status (depending on number of posts)
administrator-status
(and the same with mods...)

I hope you unterstand what i mean, because my english is not very good...
Hi,

My hack almost does that. It does

Username
regular status (based on number of posts)
custom title (set in the control panel).

If you want this to occur, MAKE SURE the fields for Moderator Override Rank and Administrator rank are NOT FILLED.

qasic
I know that, but if i do it like this, i have to mark each mod by myself, and that could be a lot of work... (I'm, too lazy ;))

i thought something like this could solve my problem:
Code
code:

after

Code
code:

in ubb_lib_posting.cgi

but it doesnt't work... frown
I just got Jimbo's Custom Status & Who's online 4.0 installed and it great. Here a ideal for you rookie UBB like myself. I just paid qasic a very small fee and he installed both for me. Then you don't have to worry about screwing anything up. Notice on custom ranking he also installed a icon for each level

Thanks Q

GlassRattler Message board

One question Q, is it simple to change those FUNKY color when go to the Who's Online page ?
why do i need to be a member...just to download a hack???If you ask me it sounds crazy!Im not giving you my license to my ubb,so i can get a hack.Give me a link to somewhere that i can download hacks(cept ubbdev).I came here to find Who's Online 3.9Qa....and i left empty handed. mad
quote:
i woulnt do that if i was you...6.05 is really buggy,and has loop holes....its my opinion,do what ever you want
qasic: how much would you take to install this and who's online hack latest version?

PM me
wow, took some time, but I got it installed, big one up to Jimbo and a HUUUUUUUGE one up to qasic, this guy loves you guys waaaaaay to much, lol laugh
This no worky-worky on 6.05? Translation - Will this work on 6.05?
And also hopefully you will be planning to release an update for 6.1.0?
qasic: i just upgraded to 6.1.0, are u planing to port this and the avatar hack over?
Nick - My boards are 6.05
This hack will be ported to 6.1 once 6.1 is out of beta. This hack works fine on 6.05.

qasic
Great hack - thanks!

One thing -- and I'm not gonna read through 16 pages of posts to find out -- but should this hack update people's profiles, too? I'm getting the old ranks in the profiles, although the new ones are showing up great in the forums...

Thanks again,

JG
do I have to login to get the hack? or is the link changed or something? looks like a great hack to me BTW
I had this fine program installed on my board until it crashed, and now I'm missing a few pieces from the re-installation files. Qasic has not replied to my request for access to their site... so I'm wondering if there is another source for this hack??

I already had all the files.. the only thing I think I'm missing is the actual mods to the control panel which lets me access these mods. Can somebody tell me which file I need to access to modify the control panel pull down menus?? Thanks.
So just go to Qasic.com and log-in to his member's area and re-download it.
I tried to register last week... but they must be busy or something since I haven't received a reply yet. I even tried emailing them...

Any other places you could suggest?
All e-mails should have been replied to by now.

qasic
Getting an error when going to Manage the Ranks:

if (($ubb eq 'manage_custom_status') && ($status eq 'Administrator')) {
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_custom_status.cgi";
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/cp_custom_status.cgi";
&CustomStatusSettings; exit;
} #end manage_custom_status
I added this hack to my ubb ver 6.05 today without a hitch. It works Beautifully!!!!

Thanks so much!!!

You can see it in use here.
quote:
Originally posted by Splitfyre:
Getting an error when going to Manage the Ranks:

if (($ubb eq 'manage_custom_status') && ($status eq 'Administrator')) {
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_custom_status.cgi";
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/cp_custom_status.cgi";
&CustomStatusSettings; exit;
} #end manage_custom_status

What's the exact error you're getting?

qasic
after installing this i get a java error everytime i click one of the smillies when i reply to a topic

it says "error on page" at the lower bottom left of I.E browser.
Hi,

I have this problem:

I typed in Custom Ranks:

1|!!|Newbie
50|!!|Mitglied
100|!!|Senior-Mitglied
250|!!|Gold-Mitglied
500|!!|Premium-Mitglied

For members with 1-49 Postings it shows the correct rank "Newbie" but for members with 50 and more Postings it shows the rank"member" and not "Mitglied"!!!

What can I do??? confused
This is a great hack Jimbo, but appears to be lacking one feature that I found that I wanted enough to where I hacked it in myself.

Basically what I wanted was for users to be able to pick one of two or more different categories at registration times and get a different set of ranks depending on which category they pick. I did some tweaking here and there and came up with the following hack which needs to be applied on top of Jimbo's custom status hack. Note that because I manage UBB in CVS I've found it very easy to give a unified diff file rather than the usual set of instructions for the hack. Apoligies in advance if this is unsuitable, but this is also the way I choose to submit my hacks. I recommend that you apply this hack manually rather than using the patch program, but if you choose to do the latter you will probably have to supply the location of many of the files it modifies as well as fixing a number of rejects.

Note that this hack does use the first custom profile field. You can change that to any of the other three fields in the usual manner. Before applying this hack I recommend turning custom ranks off, then fix the ranks according to the instructions in Custom status management before turning custom ranks back on again. You'll have to set the first custom field in registration settings to Category and enable it also:

Index: cp_custom_status.cgi
===================================================================
RCS file: /var/www/cvs/ubb-cgi/cp_custom_status.cgi,v
retrieving revision 1.1
retrieving revision 1.2
diff -u -p -r1.1 -r1.2
--- cp_custom_status.cgi 2001/08/17 04:04:56 1.1
+++ cp_custom_status.cgi 2001/08/19 09:56:30 1.2
@@ -180,11 +180,12 @@ sub SetCustomStatusSettings {
unless ($check =~ m/|!!|/) {
&StandardHTML("ERROR (line $count): Custom Rank: $check does not have |!!| present OR a blank line exists where there shouldn't be one. If you've received this error previously and the data has been inputted correctly, you'll need to disable the Data Verification Check in Custom/Status Rank Variable Settings.");
}
- ($num, $rank) = split(/|!!|/ , $check);
- unless ($num > $last) {
- &StandardHTML("ERROR (around line $count): Custom ranks not in lowest to highest order. $num in $check is less than or equal to the one above it. It should be higher!");
- }
- $last = $num;
+# Disable this check -- PJ - 08/19/2001
+# ($num, $rank) = split(/|!!|/ , $check);
+# unless ($num > $last) {
+# &StandardHTML("ERROR (around line $count): Custom ranks not in lowest to highest order. $num in $check is less than or equal to the one above it. It should be higher!");
+# }
+# $last = $num;
}
@check = (split/n/, $in{custom_override_guts});
for $check (@check) {
Index: ubb_custom_status.cgi
RCS file: /var/www/cvs/ubb-cgi/ubb_custom_status.cgi,v
retrieving revision 1.1
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -u -p -r1.1 -r1.5
--- ubb_custom_status.cgi 2001/08/17 04:04:56 1.1
+++ ubb_custom_status.cgi 2001/08/19 10:21:11 1.5
@@ -9,7 +9,9 @@ require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/var

sub GetStandardRank {
#$_[0] : numberofposts
- local($value, $num, $rank);
+ #$_[1] : category
+ chomp $_[1];
+ local($value, $num, $rank, $category);
if (($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles")) {
return &CustomTitle($user_profile[8]);
}
@@ -17,16 +19,18 @@ sub GetStandardRank {
$value = "";
foreach my $line(@OpenFile)
{
- ($num, $rank) = split(/|!!|/, $line);
- $value = $rank if ($_[0] >= $num );
+ ($category, $num, $rank) = split(/|!!|/, $line);
+ chomp $category;
+ $value = $rank if ($_[0] >= $num && ($category eq '' || $category eq $_[1]));
}
return $value;
} #end sub GetStandardRank

sub GetCustomRank {
#$_[0] : numberofposts
+ #$_[1] : category
local($value);
- $value = &GetStandardRank($_[0]);
+ $value = &GetStandardRank($_[0], $_[1]);
if (($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles")) {
return $value;
}
Index: ubb_lib_posting.cgi
RCS file: /var/www/cvs/ubb-cgi/ubb_lib_posting.cgi,v
retrieving revision 1.4
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -u -p -r1.4 -r1.5
--- ubb_lib_posting.cgi 2001/08/17 04:04:56 1.4
+++ ubb_lib_posting.cgi 2001/08/19 09:26:18 1.5
@@ -673,7 +673,7 @@ $show_public_name = $user_profile[15];

# get custom title
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_custom_status.cgi";
-$user_status = &GetCustomRank($user_profile[7]);
+$user_status = &GetCustomRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[16]);
$custom_status = &GetCustomTitle($this_user_number);

$u = $this_user_number + 0; # rid extra zeros from member no.
Index: ubb_profile.cgi
RCS file: /var/www/cvs/ubb-cgi/ubb_profile.cgi,v
retrieving revision 1.2
retrieving revision 1.4
diff -u -p -r1.2 -r1.4
--- ubb_profile.cgi 2001/08/15 06:18:36 1.2
+++ ubb_profile.cgi 2001/08/19 09:50:25 1.4
@@ -308,6 +308,7 @@ sub edit_my_profile {
local(@user_profile, $logged_in_status, $days, %select_list, $chompee, $mm_yes, $mm_no, $ev_yes, $ev_no, $count, $email_verify_requirement, $Signature, $user_public_name, $update_wording, $update_name, $update_un, $user_status, $update_date, $pm_yes, $pm_no, $pm_notify_yes, $pm_notify_no);

+require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_custom_status.cgi";
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_lib_posting.cgi";
# lib required for reverse_ubb_code

@@ -330,7 +331,7 @@ if ($user_profile[24] eq 'yes') {
}

# custom status
-$user_status = &CustomTitle($user_profile[8]);
+$user_status = &GetCustomRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[16]);

# request for user's own profile
$in{u} = $user_number;
Index: vars_wordlets_mods.cgi
RCS file: /var/www/cvs/ubb-cgi/vars_wordlets_mods.cgi,v
retrieving revision 1.4
retrieving revision 1.6
diff -u -p -r1.4 -r1.6
--- vars_wordlets_mods.cgi 2001/08/16 06:17:55 1.4
+++ vars_wordlets_mods.cgi 2001/08/19 09:46:44 1.6
@@ -1,4 +1,6 @@
%vars_wordlets_mods = (
+custom_status_categories => q~Category1
+Category2~,
whos_online_Guest => q~Guest~,
whos_online_column_where => q~Where~,
whos_online_seconds => q~seconds.~,
Index: Templates/cp_manage_custom_status.pl
RCS file: /var/www/cvs/ubb/Templates/cp_manage_custom_status.pl,v
retrieving revision 1.1
retrieving revision 1.2
diff -u -p -r1.1 -r1.2
--- Templates/cp_manage_custom_status.pl 2001/08/17 04:04:40 1.1
+++ Templates/cp_manage_custom_status.pl 2001/08/19 09:26:45 1.2
@@ -54,7 +54,7 @@ print<

Specify Custom Ranks using the following guidelines:
-
  • min_number_of_posts|!!|rank

• +
    • category|!!|min_number_of_posts|!!|rank

• one per line
    • HTML is permitted in each rank

• ranks must be in ascending order (like in example)

@@ -64,11 +64,12 @@ print<
    Example:

-1|!!|Newbie

-50|!!|Commander

-100|!!|Special Teams Warrior

-200|!!|Pretender

-300|!!|Special Teams Commander
    +Category1|!!|0|!!|Newbie

+Category1|!!|25|!!|Commander

+Catetory1|!!|50|!!|Special Teams Warrior

+Category2|!!|0|!!|Newbie2

+Category2|!!|25|!!|Commander2

+Category2|!!|50|!!|Special Teams Warrior2

Index: Templates/public_edit_profile.pl
    RCS file: /var/www/cvs/ubb/Templates/public_edit_profile.pl,v
    retrieving revision 1.2
    retrieving revision 1.9
    diff -u -p -r1.2 -r1.9
    --- Templates/public_edit_profile.pl 2001/08/15 06:18:02 1.2
    +++ Templates/public_edit_profile.pl 2001/08/19 10:42:11 1.9
    @@ -170,6 +170,47 @@ profile_guts2

# other registration fields follow:

+if (($vars_registration{custom1_field_use} ne 'DEL') && ($vars_registration{customfield1} ne '')) {
    +
    +if ($vars_registration{custom1_field_use} eq 'REQ') {
    +$B1 = ''; $B2 = '';
    +} else {
    +$B1 = ''; $B2 = '';
    +}
    +
    +print <+
    +
    +
    +
    +$B1$vars_registration{customfield1}$B2:
    +

+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +THISFIELD
    +
    +} # end field
    +
    +
    +
    require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/avatar_list.pl";
    &AvatarGutsProfile;

@@ -280,33 +321,6 @@ $B1$vars_wordlets{interests_field}$B2:
    THISFIELD

} # end field
    -
    -
    -if (($vars_registration{custom1_field_use} ne 'DEL') && ($vars_registration{customfield1} ne '')) {
    -
    -if ($vars_registration{custom1_field_use} eq 'REQ') {
    -$B1 = ''; $B2 = '';
    -} else {
    -$B1 = ''; $B2 = '';
    -}
    -
    -print <-
    -
    -
    -
    -$B1$vars_registration{customfield1}$B2:
    -

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -THISFIELD
    -
    -} # end field
    -

if (($vars_registration{custom2_field_use} ne 'DEL') && ($vars_registration{customfield2} ne '')) {
    Index: Templates/public_register_page.pl
    RCS file: /var/www/cvs/ubb/Templates/public_register_page.pl,v
    retrieving revision 1.2
    retrieving revision 1.8
    diff -u -p -r1.2 -r1.8
    --- Templates/public_register_page.pl 2001/08/15 06:18:02 1.2
    +++ Templates/public_register_page.pl 2001/08/19 10:42:11 1.8
    @@ -129,6 +129,43 @@ RegisterGuts2

# other registration fields follow:

+if (($vars_registration{custom1_field_use} ne 'DEL') && ($vars_registration{customfield1} ne '')) {
    +
    +if ($vars_registration{custom1_field_use} eq 'REQ') {
    +$B1 = ''; $B2 = '';
    +} else {
    +$B1 = ''; $B2 = '';
    +}
    +
    +print <+
    +
    +
    +
    +$B1$vars_registration{customfield1}$B2:
    +

+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +THISFIELD
    +
    +} # end field
    +
    +
    +
    require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/avatar_list.pl";
    &AvatarGutsProfile;

@@ -239,33 +276,6 @@ $B1$vars_wordlets{interests_field}$B2:
    THISFIELD

} # end field
    -
    -
    -if (($vars_registration{custom1_field_use} ne 'DEL') && ($vars_registration{customfield1} ne '')) {
    -
    -if ($vars_registration{custom1_field_use} eq 'REQ') {
    -$B1 = ''; $B2 = '';
    -} else {
    -$B1 = ''; $B2 = '';
    -}
    -
    -print <-
    -
    -
    -
    -$B1$vars_registration{customfield1}$B2:
    -

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -THISFIELD
    -
    -} # end field
    -

if (($vars_registration{custom2_field_use} ne 'DEL') && ($vars_registration{customfield2} ne '')) {
Drake Code hacking error. Re-hack from known backups.

d-talk Have you double checked your code hacking?

P Ajamian Please see your PM.

qasic
quote:
I "had" the same problemme, your problemme is it is showing the UBB's default ranks not your custom ranks, so all I did to get it working (after 30 minutes of riping my hair out) is I just went into Miscellaneous Settings, and where it says

"Use Alternate User Titles?
There are four status options for users: administrators, moderators, members, and junior members. You can have these four user classes appear as alternate titles, if you like. For instance, if you have a Star Trek site, you may want your administrators to be called Star Fleet Captain, your moderators to be called First Mate, your Members to be called Lieutenant and your Junior Members to be called Ensign."

All I did was go to the Junior member field and type in anything you like (I typed Pawn as in the chess piece) then click update Miscellaneous Settings, and you custom ranks should work now smile

I guess by updating the Miscellaneous Settings, when it processed it realised you have custom ranks and not the default ones, I dunno, but thats all I did and it works now laugh

Also, like quasic said ages ago (page 1 or 2), in the Custom Ranks fields where you put in your |!!| bizzo, press and make sure you backspace any leftover spaces tipsy
The latter problem regarding was fixed in the version for UBB 6.1 smile
I apoogize if this has already been answered but me and my mate have both got 6.05's respectively but we both can't seem to get this to work. When we select Custom Title/Rank Settings in CP we're guided to a blank page with your credits/info on the bottom example:

[Linked Image]
The URL is : http://cna2002.topcities.com/damn.jpg

(However that is from a 6.04f testboard.)

So I haven't been able to get it to work on a 6.04f and 6.05, but I've installed it to work on a 6.03 in the past.

Please help Qasic, thanks mate smile

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: CNA ]
Sorry about that, just re-read the files, its for 6.0.0 to 6.04b. Does this mean there ISN'T a custom status/rank hack for the 6.04f and 6.05?
UPgrade to 6.1.0.2 and install the hack.

Working great for me on 2 boards right now.
CNA, this hacks works on any UBB 6.0X version, the faster one only works on UBB 6.1X.

qasic
Neat little hack, qasic. What are the downsides to it, if there are any?
Sorry for my bad English...
Hack work greatly, but I can't see custom status in profile. I tried to replace $user_status with $custom_status in public_edit_profile.pl & public_display_profile.pl, but take no result.
What I should make to do that.

2 P Ajamian
Your upgrade is cooool, but I'm not professional in hacking. Can You explain, what exactly I need to do?

Sanx!
Greetings from Russia!
No answers... frown
Maybe I'm too lamer to make this upgrade? confused

I need help.

Pomogite, kto znaet!
Another one bug.

I'm specified Custom Titles, but shown only Custom Ranks! What I need to do?
Yo!

quote:
The English got in your way. ADD BELOW is _different_ than REPLACE. You were suppose to add $custom_status BELOW $user_status not replace it.

qasic
O! I see! Ok...
I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Be connected! smile I have maaaaaaany questions! smile Nice to talk with you. smile
HI!

I may sound like a complete idiot (but I'll take my chances here). This is a very popular hack and it has the features I'm looking for in my board but I seem to have an installation problem. I (think) I configured the hack properly but when I try to execute it I get the infamous 'syntax error page' suggesting that it is trying to call the vars_custom_status.cgi which never generated. In fact, none of the files that were supposed to generate did. frown

If anyone could kindly point our my errors and help me that would be cool.

THANKS!
PrimeTime confused
Need halp again!

Moderators always shown as "moderator" in all forums! frown
HI!

I fixed the problem (which was my bad to begin with) so everything is operational. Awesome hack btw!

Paranoix: I don't know in detail of what you did but this is what I did. I set my 'custom ranks' (the ranks according to the amount of posts) for regular members and guests, 'custom rank' for Mods and Admins and 'custom rank override' for the members I wanted to have a distinct title. All of them were set to "0" posts so they are automatically set to that rank specified. Ex for custom override (notice the alone "0"):

members numbers here|!!|0|!!|your title here ----> 00000015|!!|0|!!|Captain

I hope this helps.

PrimeTime
2PrimeTime
I did that too, It's work. Thanks.
By the way, Do you have moderators in other forums shown as "moderators" or like other members?
I have as "Moderators" and I dont know what I need to do. confused
quote:
HI PARANOIX!

My Moderators have been renamed actually and they show up in all of the forums regardless whether they are moderating those forums or not. I did change it so that they show up as regular members in the beginning, but I decided that they should have their own rank so I used 'custom override'. This is more labor intensive but I like its flexibility.

Hmm...I'm not exactly clear to what you want to achieve. Is it that your Moderators show up as the name "Moderators" in every forum?...Or that you only want your Moderators to show up on the forums they moderate?

I think your best bet would be to speak to Qasic or Jimbo, but I'll help you if I can. laugh

THANKS!
PrimeTime
Yeep. I want my Moderators to show up on the forums they moderate!
HI PARANOIX!

UBB's default has that option...Although I rather do it manually by going into the files rather than CP. Try this...Erase all settings from your ranking hack and only set the custom rank for moderators and see what happens. I think there is a way but because that means you would have to edit the hack codes I suggest you speak to Qasic or Jimbo...I'm sure they will help you as they did with many others.

THANKS
PrimeTime
.... nevermind I was blind....

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Asmo ]
Paranoix,

Read the FAQ in the ReadMe file - it tells you how.

qasic
HI PARANOIX!:

I think this is what Qasic was suggesting (in ubb_lib_posting.cgi):

$user_status = &FixMod; <----- This is for showing 'Moderator' in only forums the member is moderating.

#$user_status = &FixMod; <----- This is for showing 'Moderator' in all forums regardless if the are moderating it or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong...And great hack BTW. Keep up the good work.

THANKS,
PrimeTime
hi...
i just insatalled that hack but everytime i go to the control panel to set it up i get this messge:
Access Denied. No permission to write inside /home/*****/public_html/cgi-bin/cgi. Read FAQ for more information.

i tried moving the files to a folder that i chmod 777 and still the same message...

i solved this problem by chmod cgi-bin folder as 777 and the files created correctly but when i tried to set the ranks i got this message:
Access Denied. No permission to write inside /home/*****/ranks. Read FAQ for more information.
i'm still waiting...
HI CATAROMA!:

Err...Did you go into the Primary Settings or Maintenance to set your ranks first? You may have attempted to do this already but you need to configure the settings in the Primary Settings before you can go into the Maintenance to set your members' ranks. Just wondering. laugh

THANKS!:
PrimeTime
thanx i solved the problem...i was linking to the file wrongle...there was no public_html

thanx
I tryed it out and it works perfect thanks for the great hack qasic.

[ 11-25-2001 12:48 AM: Message edited by: BBallmster ]
Whats wrong here?

Undefined subroutine &main::CustomStatusConfig called at C:InetpubwwwrootForumPhantcgi-bincp.cgi line 750
Either 1) you did not upload cp_custom_status.cgi or 2) cp.cgi was hacked incorrecly.

qasic
Well I have Who's Online and Avatar hacks on and I used the install cgi script.
Oh and also I am having some problems with the UBB adding links. As seen on this page http://forums.phantomrpg.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000007

You can see it leaves a gap in the URL somewhere. Do you know whats causeing this? And how do I fix it?
Can I make it so that I get an auto-avatar when the ranks change (Like a rank insignia)?
© UBB.Developers