UBB.Dev
Posted By: qasic [6.0x] Avatar Hack v0.0007e *FINAL* [Finished] - 04/14/2001 4:04 AM
Name: Avatar Hack v0.0007e *FINAL*

Credits: qasic, Dark_Wizard, AllenAyres, MasterMind, Mutt (Jeff Hay), CopyCat, Amykhar

Description: Replacing the 'Your Picture' field, Avatar Hack associates a member with a UBB icon (avatar) that will be displayed whenever he/she posts a message topic.

Download Link: http://www.qasic.com/ubbhacks.html

Requirements: UBB 6.0 - UBB 6.04d

Support: Via UBBDev.COM only

Features:

• Preview chosen Avatar (works on any browser which supports Javascript)
  • Configuration may done via Control Panel or manually
  • Avatar Management may be done via Control Panel (Moderators may or may not also manage avatars)
  • AvatarList (optional) - ability to view ALL your Avatars
  • Specify Avatar Size (via Control Panel)
  • Extensive documentation, thorougly beta tested, FAQ
  • MHX (MultiHack) Install Script Included
  • Wordletized
  • mod_perl compliant
  • much, much more ...

Does not Feature:
  • Multiple Upload of avatars (one at a time only)

Pictures: * Avatar Settings
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

* Choosing an Avatar in Registration/Edit Profile

[Linked Image]

* Example with how it shows on a message

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
looks great! but why is Final Like *Final*?
I use the avatar_hack_ubb6_v0.0006 and it works perfect on my ubb6.03,is it importent for me to upgrade to the final?

Do i need to instal the final version before i try to upgrade to ubb6.04a?

And Thanks for this great hack !! smile smile
sweet, any chance of a script hack wazard thing?
^^

quote:
easy to install and works really nice, thank you!
If using previous version of Avatar Hack, it's best to upgrade to this version if you're using v6.04a; it fixes a cosmetic error with AvatarList.

*FINAL* is used to emphase _Final_.

qasic
Hey qasic, thank ya for the upgrade.

I've got the script installed perfect but the wordlets are in FRENCH! EEK! And Babel the fish @ AltaVista translate doesn't translate it to english very well.

Any chance of just changing the one file to print english?

Thanks in advance for your response!
Let's just put it bluntly ....

RTFM

Repeat

RTFM

smile

The docs have the English wordlets. Obviously, you haven't read them wink

qasic
Obviously I'm a little girl that hasn't learned to read yet.

Duely noted... Thanks. mad
hey
qasic i used your version 6 hack on UBB 6.01 and it worked perfectly, but now ive done a clean 6.04a install and put your version 7 final on...CP works, field shows up and works in profile/reg... etc..but for some reason in the display in posts all my posts dont show the avatar.. the $this_img is in public_topic_page.pl and it doesnt show..
it just shows members name and right underneath it says "Administrator"...but no avatar or space where avatar should be.
ive got it Enabled. haven't the slighest clue why
My bet is you forget the following lines in public_topic_page.pl:

quote:
Is that in there?
hello need help plz

could you put an upgrade txt in your rar.file plz

i have v6 running on a v6.03 ubb

could you make up a txt for upgradeing v6 to v7 plz

tnx in advance.............
Having a problem with the Choosing an Avatar in Registration/Edit Profile.

The pull down does not change the picture.

On Edit profile it will show the previously chosen picture but the pull down says none, so if users do not see that and hit enter, they will end up with no avatar.

Board is now 6.04a with the following mods:

-Stars/ Status 4.53
- Aim
- Last Reply
- Who's Online

It functioned fine before and if you can think of a file that needs a different permission, etc. because they were all checked.

Thanks in advance for your help.
V2k, no upgrade doc sorry. There were so many minor changes that I've lost tryack of them.

BluePrint, it looks like the problem is that the Avatar Directory is not specifies correctly in your settings. Is it correct?

qasc
Great job! I love it.
how do i get the control panel for this?
Qasic, thanks for the reply.

quote:
You mean the following?

• Custom Avatar Path
  • Custom Avatar URL

If so, yes they are correct. A user can use the pull down to select an avatar, the image won't appear when they pull down and select.

When they post in the forums, their avatar appears below their name as designed.

The situation with editing a profile shows the previously chosen avatar, but the pull down says "none." Which if they hit edit will select none for their image.

All the permissions have been given the twice over, the mods also were. The board is 6.04a with the mods listed previously.

Thanks for your assistance.

[ April 16, 2001 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Blueprint ]
BluePrint, plz give me a URL to your board.

Thx.

q
I gor errors! frown frown
he said that i dont have avatar dorectory
but i have it! inside noncgi, ubb
so what's the problem?
You've entered your path wrong then. Double check all / are /

qasic
i checked it again and it's ok
check my vars_Avatar
useavatar => 1,
avurl => q!http://www.scooter-posse.f2s.com/ubb/avatars!,
cavurl => q!http://www.scooter-posse.f2s.com/ubb/avatars/custom!,
avpath => q!d:/ubb/avatars!,
cavpath => q!d:/ubb/avatars/custom!,
usemod => 1,
usehw => 0,
height => 64,
width => 64,
list_on => 1,
list_style => 2,
list_row => 20,
list_col => 5,
show_total => 1,
);
1;

and this is what shown on the avatar settings and it's not working maybe you can help me?
Good work Qasic. Easy install... I am very pleased! Thanks for taking the time to create this! smile
That's defintely wrong. You haven't even modified the Path settings; they should be changed to reflect your configuration. Read f2s' CGI FAQ reqarding your absolute paths.

qasic
I tryed this too
Avatar Path - http://www.scooter-posse.f2s.com/avatars
Custom Avatar Path - http://www.scooter-posse.f2s.com/ubb/avatars/custom
Avatar URL - http://www.scooter-posse.f2s.com/ubb/avatars
Custom Avatar URL - http://www.scooter-posse.f2s.com/ubb/avatars/custom

and it's still not working
Sheffield, URL is NOT same as path.

quote:
Use the above Perl script to find your base bath. You say your avatars are in the CGI-Bin directory (i.e., ubbcgi/avatars), then your path for your avatars should be something like /home/html/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/avatars (like your vars_config are).

If you still need further help, plz e-mail me ([email protected]) the following info:

1) Site Link
2) Site FTP URL with login/passowrd
3) A UBB account with Administrator Status

I'll be more than happy to debug it for you.

qasic
quote:
This may be a stupid question but have you tryed with /avatar instead of /avatars?
Asking this because in the "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS" it say:
Double check to make sure your avatar and your custom avatar directory are set to the following settings:
/avatar (avatar directory) (CHMOD 777 - R/W/X permissions)
/avatar/custom (custom avatar dir) (CHMOD 777 - R/W/X permissions)
cali,

PATHS never have http:// .. PERIOD.

qasic
ok.

1) excellent hack. VERY detailed (i love the cp controlled hacks!)

2) look, im not smart. my parents'll vouch for that smile in fact, sadly, most of you will too! but, i just cant find the english wordlet transaltions...
Yes i know that i was thinking he got the path wrong by using /avatars instead of /avatar
Went to his forum and found the blank.gif here-> laugh laugh http://www.scooter-posse.f2s.com/ubb/avatar/blank.gif
dkknight. question is already answered. check past posts or RTFM wink
I made this simple mistake when I set mine up.. I don't know if Sheffield might want to check it. But on unix (as we know) the bloody thing is case sensitive. I had my folders "Avatars" and "Custom" instead of "avatars" and "custom". Just a thought.
My avatar directory is inside ubb and i dont know the correct address if you saw that it's something else, not URL
and yes i tryed to change it to avatar and it's still not work
i'll email you my detailes and it will be such a big help for me
if you can fix it for me
Thanks
Problem fixed.

As I suspected, he entered in the path INCORRECTLY. FYI, an "example" path is given in the instrutions: e.g.,

Give the full path to your avatar directory (e.g., /web/sites/31/sheffield-tunes/www.scooter-posse.f2s.com/ubb/avatars)

The e.g. is dynamic; it changes to suit your ubb ... always to use that example first; if it doesn't help .. then modify it a bit until it works smile

qasic out
heya qasic...

yeah, thats part o'where my stupidity comes in. i saw someone asked this before, and you replied

"Let's just put it bluntly ....
RTFM
Repeat
RTFM
The docs have the English wordlets. Obviously, you haven't read them "

but... i have no idea what that means. what docs? n'whutsa rtfm?
Thanks thanks thanks thanks.... smile wink laugh cool
you make me soooo happy now
Thanks!!!
RTFM stands for Read the f*** Manual smile

The English wordlets you are looking for are inside the text file included inside the ZIP.

qasic
aahhhHHHHhhhh... gotchya. its in the "skip this part" part, thats why i missed it.

sorry for the stupidity! smile
How do i make custom avatars. i mean as in how do i make them work? I know hwo to make images already i just need to kno whow to make them work as custom avatars.
Read the FAQ in the Install Document.

qasic
qasic (or anyone using this hack, really) :

do you know of any good avatar "banks"? for example, the site displayed in the sample pics qasic posted at the beginning of this thread... there's hundreds of avatars there to play with smile any chance of "raiding" it, for use in my own collection? (or a similar location?) laugh
eg.
A) user selected his avatar in the profile.
B) User edit his profile, drop down avatar list point to NONE. At, "Your Picture:" Field, it shows the full url of the avatar he have selected. He update the profile without changing anything (the pointer for avatar still point to NONE)
C) u will see error in the Avatar (it shows 2 url if u right click and propertise it)

is this "normal"?
not sure if u guys understand what i mean...
I betcha you did not upload blank.gif to you avatar directory. It's required.

qasic
nevermind...Its my fault..hehe..didnt install the hack properly

[ April 21, 2001 06:31 AM: Message edited by: eskimo ]
ok I screwed up somewhere...not sure where....thinking it's the cp.cgi but anyway. It says I don't have a high enough access or not permitted to view the avatar section of the cp......I tried two diff admin accounts and still says same thing....sooooo I need someone to tell me where to go to fix oooooor a "become god" hack lol.
link dead?
1) Link not dead.
2) Most likely cp.cgi was hacked incorrectly. Re-hack from backups.

qasic
ok i seem to have the same prob as above
When i try to access the AVATAR settings through the CP i get "You Do Not HAve Permission" yet i do have access on everthing else on the CP..
I've checked and re-check the CP.CGI hack and it's done correctly ????
Having trouble with installation, I am running Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.0, Beta 7.9

in the Avatar hacck installation, it says to:

cp_common.pl (template)

FIND:

document.writeln("");

ABOVE PUT:

document.writeln("");

FIND (this occurs TWICE; do this hack TWICE):

document.writeln("");

ABOVE PUT:

document.writeln("");

However, document.writeln is NOT found in this file? (found in /ubb/Templates/ ? what am I doing wrong. I have found every other peice upto this point
Well, maybe you already try this, but it was an error i found as i was installing the hack. I also had an error with avatar ditectory, because i didn´t place the "S" at the endo of acatar"s" directory.

Maybe there´s your problem. laugh
no, im having trouble finding the correct file to edit, As I cannot find in the requested file, the information said to addchangeremove
I spent some time with this, and I printed out the offending file, And this is what I found that seems to be the "best match"

tempMenu.addItem(new NavBarMenuItem("Configuration Settings", "$vars_config{CGIURL}/cp.cgi?ubb=vars_config&r=$ran"));

To me this appears to be a java menu entry, insted of the other form that avatar_hack_install_00007.txt file is trying to get me to do.

[ April 22, 2001 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Yobe ]
OK I did a bit of comparing syntax's and i came up with my own hack, and it works. Yay... Dont clap too hard, I was sleepy when I did this and I think the lord had some help to it..

But for:

cp_common.pl (template)

FIND:

document.writeln("");

You would actualy look for:

tempMenu.addItem(new NavBarMenuItem("Configuration Settings", "$vars_config{CGIURL}/cp.cgi?ubb=vars_config&r=$ran"));

ABOVE PUT:

document.writeln("");

and ABOVE THIS PUT

tempMenu.addItem(new NavBarMenuItem("Avatar Settings", "$vars_config{CGIURL}/cp.cgi?ubb=vars_avatar&r=$ran"));

For
FIND (this occurs TWICE; do this hack TWICE):

document.writeln("

You would actualy find

tempMenu.addItem(new NavBarMenuItem("Prune Posts", "$vars_config{CGIURL}/cp.cgi?ubb=prune&r=$ran"));

And ABOVE PUT:

OLD
document.writeln("");

NEW

tempMenu.addItem(new NavBarMenuItem("Manage Avatars", "$vars_config{CGIURL}/cp.cgi?ubb=manage_avatar&r=$ran"));

I hope this helps somone down the road
Yobe, either you're using an illegal version of UBB or you're license expired because ALL gold versions of UBB 6 don't use DHTML for the Menu.

qasic
Clueless, if hacking is truly correct, I'll need to look @ your board personally. E-mail me: 1) URL to your board, 2) Admin l/p to your board, 3) FTP info for you board, and 4) FTP l/p

qasic
hey qasic,

i got the same problem indiCa mentioned on page 1. AND i have not forgotten that bit of code u mentioned below wink any other suggestions ?! confused
ComaRiot,

You'll have to be a bit more descriptive in your description of the problem.

Thx.

q
great, thanks
qasic, great hack. after i translated everything to english and fixed a few things in avatarlist.cgi it worked perfectly! laugh
FDSA, what sort of fixes do you mean about avatarlist.cgi? Thanks in Advance.

q
okay then, a she said, i've installed everything (means i uploaded the files, created the dirs, and hacked the files) and in the control panel, the register page and the profile it works really fine, but the avatars won't show up in the posts under the names frown there's nothing in the generated html-file, but the code (both pieces) are there where they should be confused ...
Hi there,

I could just copy and paste ComaRiot's mesage...... but I will explain my prolem a little more...

I Upgraded my board from v. 6.01 to 6.04 and I just cant get the avatar hack to work. It did work before, but I can't get the script to display the pictures any more. I can change my avatar from my profile, it would show up in the database , and if I hack the public_topic_page.pl file I can get some text displayed on the forum where the avatar pict should show up, but not the $this_img variable. I spent quite bit of time playing with the files, but no success. Can you help ?

Thx in advance.

Laszlo
http://mco.gameprofiles.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

PS For people who wants to download the hack : It is a great script, it worked really good, it is probably me doing something wrong.
Ohhhhh...
I found it....

In public_topic_page.pl

I inserted the new code one line higher than I was supposed to. ...... before the "}"

Here is the bit of code where I made the mistake.....

This is the instruction :
Code
code:

And this is how I did it wrong :

Code
code:

Great hack, I am happy it is working again.

Laszlo
ComaRiot, you must have hacked it wrong then. I can look at your board personally if necessary though. E-mail me the details ([email protected]).

q
damn, i made the exact smae error as Laszlo :rolleyes: thx to you two. now it'S working greatly wink
It is possible that theres an error in the shw? confused

I halso had the problem with "You do not have permission to access this area"...I hacked cp.cgi manually...and it worked...

Thx,Great Hack!
No problems for me. Chances are you probably didn't upload cp.cgi hacked by SHW.

q
ERmm...have aproblem:The avatarlist.cgi shows me a whte page....but i used style template "standard" and this has a black background...cleared cahe,still not using the templte...hacking misstake?i used shw...
1) Version of UBB? You now need 6.04c.
2) Re-download the ZIP file and re-upload avatarlist.cgi.

q
I am on 6.04a The hack works fine except for ON little flaw.

Manage Avatars shoews up TWICE in the control panel!!

Also can I have avatars hosted on the PERSONS own server rather than min?

Thanks for any help!!!
everything seems fine except theres no avatar option in the users profile. Ive gone over the files twice and havent seen a mistake, please help me

aim: goldenad
Dalefan: cp_common.pl was hacked wrong; re-hack it correctly.

golden: URL to your board?

q
Just a warning that goldenad runs a warezed UBB.

q
Thanks man!

qasic your hacks ROCK!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work!
qasic- Any ideas on how to have members host their OWN Avatar pics instead of housing them on my server?????
Quick question I got to the part of the hack where Im editing public_edit_profile.pl and when i search for FIND:

# other registration fields follow: I dont find anything Only thing close is this line} # end field other registration fields follow:

Is that the same thing or am I missing something? BTW this is version 6.04b
*del*

[ May 01, 2001 08:28 PM: Message edited by: DJ Doena ]
York1: yes, looks to be like the same thing.

q
I want every user to have his own avatar, they must fil in a URL and not pick one from a list! HOW?? confused
hi everyone!

This is my first post, so I'm introducing myself a little bit: Cyberrain, 22, Austria, First-time-UBB-user smile

I've done some to the Avatar Hack of qasic. So you can click on an avatar in the preview-window and the profile-page is updated automatically. I think this is better than remember the name of the avatar, going back to profile-page and searching in the selectbox wink

You can download it here: SHW-file

Greetings, Cyberrain
cyberrain@gmx.net
Please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, but I have not been able to find it.

This SHW (Script Hack Wizard) is new to me...I have always installed hacks manually...is their a faq or how-to on how to use these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! wink
You're right - SHW was new for me too. But if it works it's great smile

So here's the instruction:
Open avatarlist.cgi.

Find the following code
====
# spit out the avatar list
&set_page_elements;
print header(
-charset => "$masterCharset",
-type => "text/html",
);
print<=====
and insert after it
=====

=====
Then scroll a little bit down until that line:
=====
print qq(
and replace it with the following line:
[CODE] print qq(
=====

That's it - you're done.
Tell me what you think about it.

[ May 03, 2001 06:18 PM: Message edited by: CyberRain ]
CyberRain, would you mind if I incorporated that into the official code? I'll give you credit of course smile

qasic
qasic - Please do so.
I've got no problem with that :-)

It was a pleasure for me.

But there's still one question from my side: Why should be an User-Avatar-Upload critical? confused You can restrict the filename, the size and the location.
Can we re-think about this again?!

Greetings, CyberRain
qasic, I installed this hack, and everything works, except for file upload. When I attempt to upload a file, I get the following error message:

Software error:
CGI open of tmpfile: Permission denied

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I don't think this is a bug or anything, it seems like I need to change permissions on a directory on my server somewhere, but I can't figure out where. I've tested a few different things, but to no avail.

Win 2K Server
UBB 6.04c
Let me guess. You're using WinNT? Some WinNT experience this problem and there's nothing I can do about it as it's a server side configuration problem.

q
I'll keep looking. If I find the problem I'll let you know. I suspect it's trying to create a temp file in some directory and it doesn't have permission to. I just have to find the right directory and give the right permissions tipsy
Is there any way I could turn avatars off on certain forums, where they don't display?
Radio: no

ZIP file added with Cyber's nice hack. Just re-upload avatarlist.cgi to upgrade.

q
OK, I think I am going to be found out for the idiot I am but....how do I get the avatar cp in English rather than French?
Posted By: Mix Re: [6.0x] Avatar Hack v0.0007e *FINAL* [Finished] - 05/04/2001 12:58 AM
when viewing the avatar selection list with netscape do the images look VERY small to you? or is it just me? I mostly use Explorer, but i was testing how my site looks with netscape. this isn't just my ubb its everyones? how odd...

[ May 03, 2001 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Mix ]
Iawedar: RTM.

Mix: Known problem. The workaround is to USE and SPECIFY the image size in Avatar Settings. It's a Netscape bug.
Q-

Hi, The Blue Falcon here. As you already know (because you helped) I have been struggling throught the who's online hack. However my question for you is 2 fold.

1- How can I allow AVATARS to be links rather than house the graphics on my server? Is it possible?

2- With signatures, if the pics are nothing but links, I should not get ANY charge for bandwidth should I?

As always thanks for your help!

www.teamfalcononline.com

NOTHING BUT q hack from now on!!!!!!
1) House them on a free server and change the avatar URL in the settings but have a local copy of the avatars so the program can detect that specific avatars exist.

2) Images that don't refer to your server (in URL) in sigs don't cause extra bandwidth. Only stuff from your server would cause bandwidth charges.

q
Thank you so much Q! Your the best man!!!

I have seen you on the infopop boards.....Do you work with them.
great post.
This might sound stupid..
but euhm where can i find some cool arvarts so i can give my members a list where they can begin from?
quote:
You make them on your own, it's just crop, resize and save...
I uploaded a test avatar to my avatar (wiz.gif) directory. I also uploaded the same one but named it 00000002.gif for my custom one. If I delete the wiz.gif, my av disappears. What did I miss in the hack?
Thanks for the help.
I've installed the hack, and everything seems to function with 1 exception. I am unable to list the 2nd page of avatars when I choose to view all avatars.

Please have a look at:
http://sa.greydog.net/forum

Appreciate any help, thanks for the great hack smile
BOLO. You must place custom avatars inside the custom avatar directory.

GreyDog: I've changed the routine from Javascript to HTML. I think this will fix it for you. Redownload the ZIP and upload avatarlist.cgi again.

qasic

[ May 08, 2001 05:24 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]
qasic:

thanks very much for the quick reply to my previous problem. it works fine now. however i have run into a new issue.

for users that select NONE as their avatar, or haven't selected an avatar, i am getting the image not found icon, instead of 'blank.gif'. i've double checked the hack code, and blank.gif is in the right place, please advise.

once again my site is at http://sa.greydog.net/forum, you can see the problem on some of the users there.
Posted By: MZ Re: [6.0x] Avatar Hack v0.0007e *FINAL* [Finished] - 05/09/2001 11:21 AM
nice hack.

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD A V A T A R S ? ? ?
GreyDog. Inside my ZIP file you'll find a blank.gif . Upload that to your avatar directory (it's a 1x1 transparent picture).

q
qasic,

the 'blank.gif' is in the right spot, it is in my avatars directory. from what i can see i believe it is a code issue, right clicking on the 'image not found' icon, it shows me the link it's trying to get to, which is 'http:///'...

i've checked the code again and it looks correct (matches what your instructions say to do).. please advise
I tried to install the hack, I installed it perfect but no go mad . I whent into the control panel, there isnt even an avatar confugiration in the cp either mad Struggle. Any help or suggestions ?

does the avatar hack work with Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04d ?
GreyDog: check your mail

Koro: You never uploaded your avatar template.

q
This is one of my favorite hacks tipsy
Well I did upload cp_vars_avatar and cp_manage_avatar to my Templates Folder in the cgi bin, chmod 755. Isnt that correct ?
why must i be doomed with no working avatar forums ?
Qasic, I'm having the same problem as Greydog. confused

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Q, r u sure it works with Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.04d, i saw another person when upgrading it didnt apear on the cp
1) Postitive working on UBB 6.04d. It's on my test system right now.

2) Greydog's problem was not really a problem. It was a browser cache problem. Again the problem was not upload blank.gif to the avatars dir.

qasic
Q, What about my problem frown ???
qasic,

I just emailed you back. I cleared my browser cache and my server's cache, neither fixed the problem. Everyone I've spoken to says they see the same thing as I do, little rectangle where the Avatar would be, and a red X on a while background, the typical picture-not-found broswer icon.. I am on 6.04c and will update to 6.04d tonight, but logically that wouldn't fix the problem.. I'll rehack the code again.
Q, i put in cp.cgi?ubb=manage_avatar, and got it to work EXCEPT there is no drop down menu to edit the avatars, do u know whats the answer to this, like what file or files is wrong ?
I can access the other one too EXCEPTm it doesnt have an avatar feature in the CP and its like there isnt even an avatar hack on in the forums. Theres nuthing about avatars in the registration or profile on choosing an avatar
GreyDog's problem now is fixed. It's due to a new behaviour in UBB 6.04c+,

To fix this bug, open up ubb_profile.cgi,

find:

Code
code:

add below:

Code
code:

That'll squish this bug to death smile

Koro: it's looks as if cp_common.plwasn't hacked correctly.

qasic

[ May 09, 2001 09:32 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]
TADA, got it to work !!!! YEEE HAW, thanks Q, it was bunch of stuff, and errors !
Would anyone know of a site where I can get Avatars icons? Please . .

If you have any Avatars to spare please upload them
here.
Code
quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qasic:
GreyDog's problem now is fixed. It's due to a new behaviour in UBB 6.04c+,

To fix this bug, open up ubb_profile.cgi,

find:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

add below:

Code
code:

That'll squish this bug to death smile

qasic

Qasic, this line also needs to be added to ubb_registration.cgi in the same location. I noticed after I added it to ubb_profile.cgi it didn't fix the problem..then I remembered that it was only happening to new registrations wink

Hope that helps!
Great Hack!

When it is enabled - I get a line and a blank spot in the drop down menu where they avatars are listed. If you select either of the two the image is broken. What would cause the blank.gif from not displaying? I can add avatars fine and they work just great.

Thanks!
Great Hack you have whipped up

Where can I find some decent avatars to use on my UBB?

If you can give me a link please email it to [email protected]

Thanx
John R
Just found the previous post...:D
v0.0007e released

It's a maitenance release so Avatar hack would be compatible w/ UBB 6.04c+.

Edits in ubb_profile.cgi and ubb_registration.cgi.

qasic
OK I updated my 0.0007 to 0.0007e but I ran into a real error and this time I know I didn't screw anything up since I used my backups. It had to do with avatar_list.pl. This code in it is causing the problem:

Code
code:
Ooops .. missed a /.

Code
code:

ZIP file updated.

q
Hello After installing the mod I get a "You did not complete: allowHighBit" when I want to update the regestration settings.

The mod is working fine do.

Does anyone knows what caused the problem?
That's not a problem w/ my hack wink

But anyways, to answer your question search for "high bit characters" in registration settings and select the appropriate button depending on your site.

qasic
Here is a problem with your hack, only yesterday did I download it and spent 3 hours, till I come back to this forum, and you stated you had a / missing. Well you also stated the zip was updated. I hope the "h" "e" double hockeystics it is cause man... everytime I install one of your hacks, I pray to god that you have not over looked something like noramal it seems. All the power to you dude, nice hacks, but really clean up the code a little more. And that pop up "pay you window" on your hack page... how very very lame.
1) Pop-up banners. Annoying. I know but there's nothing I can do about it since I'm hosted on Hypermart. UBBDev has offered to host my hacks locally; I'm looking into that.

2) If you have problems w/ my hack don't use them. Simple as that. I could care less about your attitude. I seriously support my hacks; I try to respond to inquiries w/in 24 hours plus the fact I offer AIM/ICQ help if necessary. Very few hack authors offer that kind of support. I think you're a little unjust w/ that accusation.

q
where is the shw file? i can't find it in the zip frown
shw temporarily discontinued because v0.0007e added a change to the code.

q
Q- I for ine enjoy and use all of your hacks!

YOU have the best support and are always helpful! Master Mind is as well!!!! laugh
Sounds like a 'bad day' response to me qasic, blow if off. I'm tickled pink with every one of your hacks I've installed. Only problem I've run into was my own sloppy cut & pastin' shocked Many thanks man, I thoroughly appreciate your efforts..!
I guess I did over react, and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have been able to have all the neat'o' features....

The email thing, kill user, any chance that could be moved to a read me, I would be willing to do so, to show some sorta respect, appologiez to you. The whateverhackereasyinstall thing, just really isn't near as good as doing it by hand. (the help files really need to be updated on that thing)
Q-

Nevermind!

[ May 11, 2001 10:26 PM: Message edited by: TheBlueFalcon ]
ZIP file updated w/ small bug fix. avatar_list.pl was funked up with a wrong regexp. Re-upload that file to fix smile

qasic
quote:
Thanks qasic, then I think it will be a other problem, I never changed the registration settings when I upgraded to 6.04 so I thought it was the avatar hack i wanted to update after I installed the avatar hack.
Strange thing is that there is no "high bit characters" option in my registration options ?

Anyway that question do not belong here I will look arround if anyone knows what the prob. is pleas PM me and let me know.

Thanks qasic for the wonderfull hacks!
Hi, I recently hacked my Ubb 6.04d with the Avatar Hack and the Custom Status hack, both work nicely, thanks for sharing, although, when I reply to a message, or I try to send a PM, I get this,

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
open | -t -oi: No such file or directory at /var/www/cgi-bin/ubb_lib_mail.cgi line 39
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (***@***.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

When I get the message, it will send the PM or reply reguardless.
I guess I can live with it, but I don't like it.

Can you please tell me why I am getting this error?
It didn't do this before I put on the hacks, Please help...

Thanks --emu
quote:
Sure there is. This leads me to suspect you haven't uploaded a new template when you upgraded. Let me see if I can find it for you ... uh .. here you go ...cp_vars_registration.pl.

qasic
quote:
See https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=19&t=000753
You'r the best qasic, thanks for your time
Maurice
Thanks qasic!
I couldn't set the e-mail stuff up right, so I turned the function off completely.
Thanks again,
-emu
q -

since you see pretty knowledgable about ubb, do you know, or how to make 'who's online' look like a category at the top or bottom of the forum display.

I have spent hours going over this forum, seen it once, and haven broken download links everywhere. I wish the mods would stop given people **** for things, and maintain this board a little better. hence... none of the quick links in the drop down on this forum work either... **** do I always have something to complain about.. so it seems ;(
Pleae ask Who's Online questions thread on the Who's Online thread.

This thread is only for discussion about Avatar hack, please.
is it possible to make avatars unavailable once they've already been chosen by somebody else? so that no two people can have the same avatar? .. or maybe even just the administrators?
Hi guys, I've just installed the Avatar Hack (this hack was one of the highest demanded hack for my board laugh ) and so far it has been running fine and dandy....BUT, something has seemed to crop up.

Check this link out: http://www.gamersquare.org/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=19&t=000009

It seems that sometimes a random image gets into the Avatar image area, sometimes its an image link by the user itself or a random image from some other webpage's avatar directory! Will some kind soul please help me? Thanks!

laugh
Problem solved. smile

[ May 21, 2001 11:20 AM: Message edited by: krz ]
Does 7e work fine with 604e... Just want to know before I upgrade to 604e
Poe: no

krank: It looks as if you'll need to see an avatar image size maximum for you avatars. That can be set inside the Avatar Settings page.

Georgia: yes, it works on my test board.

qasic
quote:

Hmmm... I'm having the exact same problem. What did you do to fix this eskimo? Where did you go wrong, because I can't seem to find the problem anywhere?

Thanks... smile
Cutter,

Please describe your problem with a link to your board. Thx.

qasic
quote:
Hi Qasic, thanks for replying. Sorry for this but I don't think that is the problem as you can see, the images are crosslinked. They are not part of the uploaded avatars and they either belong to a link they created or to other site's avatar directories.
I am installing the avatar hack on v6.01, and in ubb_profile.cgi, it says there is no line that reads:
else { $picture = $in{picture}; }
and i need to find that to add:
$picture = "" unless ($picture =~ m/(.gif|.jpg)/);
after it =[

Please help...

[ May 23, 2001 02:39 PM: Message edited by: -ecliast- ]
krank: Can you please set one up, clear cache, and them let me know the results? If that doesn't help, I bet that public_topic_page.pl was not hacked correctly.

ecliast: that line is not necessary if you have UBB < 6.04c

qasic
quote:
i had the same problem but..i was working on 6.04a and i couldnt find that specific code so, i posted it up and no one could help me so i just skipped the code and it still worked!

smile

[ May 24, 2001 07:08 AM: Message edited by: SK8285 ]
K, skipped that and everything worked good, except:

1) is there still supposed to be a "Your Picture:" field in registration?
2) the avatars aren't showing up in forums
3) where can I get a few avatars to use until I build up a large amount of my own?

[ May 24, 2001 02:25 PM: Message edited by: -ecliast- ]
1) is there still supposed to be a "Your Picture:" field in registration?

Nope. You've hacked public_register_page.pl incorrectly.

2) the avatars aren't showing up in forums

You've hacked public_topic_page.pl incorrectly.

3) where can I get a few avatars to use until I build up a large amount of
my own?

There's a few available @ UBBDev smile

qasic
Posted By: ruph Re: [6.0x] Avatar Hack v0.0007e *FINAL* [Finished] - 05/26/2001 11:36 PM
ok so far it works fine.. except!.. theres still a "Your Picture" field when i view members profiles.. it shows the avatar tho.. and when i finish registering a new name the Avatar doesnt show up.. instead the field title is "Your Picture" and it shows the link of the avatar they picked.

cheq out my board http://www.demobreakers.f2s.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi and register.. it shows the link not a picture.. and im pretty damn sure i hacked everything correctly.. i have installed and uninstalled it and double checked!
That's the way it is for now.

qasic
whenever i open the mhx file in multihack it says runtime error..whats wrong?
Hi Qasic, I've checked the coding and all works out. In fact I've checked the .pl file that you've specifically stated before going through the rest.

http://www.gamersquare.org/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000640

Check out the single HUGE Avatar image that isn't reflected to my own server. It's a link outside my server itself. In fact, there's another one but at least it refects to another server's Avatar directory.
Question about the avatars themselves:
Would avatars on a sites UBB fall under their copyright, or is there no protection over them? I was just thinking that a site can't copyright characters that belong to a game or show or something, can they? confused
I want my user to upload their own avatars...how do i do that......

http://www.disturbedsims.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
Kuzco: upgrade to latest version of MHK

krank: I see your problem; The user had entered something into the picture field before Avatar Hack was installed and this is why that picture appears. Go into his/her profile in the Control Panel and erase the URL from the "Your Picture" field and all should be fine when the users posts again.

DisturbedRoach: too big of a security risk

qasic
i do 1.1 right?
what do you mean too big of a securoty risk....the other Vbulletin board oes it....

if its possible just tell me how
I'm not vBulletin smile Besides did you know that avatar.php generates a lot of traffic; I mean, absolutely tons (it'll be fixed in vB 2.1).

It's my decision not to implement user upload and that's final.

qasic
quote:
And this is the FINAL version of the hack??

I'm also having sum problems with the avatars.. my avatar list just went empty!? they all used to be there like a week ago then they just disappeard..? eek and it still says their there on the CP..
avatarlist being empty - shouldn't be; defintely a configuration problem on your side

If you really want to change the Your Picture name, you can always change it to Your Avatar inside the Wordlets smile

qasic
Hi. I've got the latest ver of MultiHack, and whenever I try to import the mhx, I get a runtime error: path not found. Any ideas, or is there a shw ver of this hack?
Hmm .. that's the second time I've gotten a report of that. I'll investigate myself and let you know what's up.

qasic
I was just discussing it with the author of Multihack, and he said that the hackname was invalid.
Can you add somthing so people can't use the same avatar?

That'd be very great.
Good idea Cloud, now I won't have to molest and abuse everyone who tries to use my avatar on PureMadnezz. I think I was scaring away newbies.
Qasic, thanks for the hard work with all the hacks you've done, your all mighty smile

Ok on to my problem, whenver i go into my Avatar list click on an Avatar, nothing seems to happen, and the status bar at the bottem of my browser says "Error on page"

Do you know what might be wrong? or perhaps what file i may have hacked wrong? Thanks.

Sarvoth
avatarlist.cgi was originally meant so that when you could see what all the available avatars were; it was not meant to be used to select an avatar directly by clicking on that icon directly. A user contributed the Javascript that's used in avatarlist.cgi; unfortuantely, I don't know why it doesn't work for non-IE browsers (probably due to the use of IE specific commands) but if you're using a non-IE browser, chances an error will occur.

P.S. MHX for avatar hack has been remade. Import shouldn't cause any more problems. Re-download the ZIP file to get new MHX.

q

[ May 30, 2001 12:22 AM: Message edited by: qasic ]
ah man.. i used MHX to install it.. but it seems u skipped cp.common.pl in it.. so i had to manually add it in.. and when i did i went to the cp and triedto goto Avatar settings but it took me to a page that said Avatar Settings in the corner but it didn't display anything but the menu
copy right in avatarlist.cgi
powered by infopop missing

please add this
Kuzco: Thanks for the report. I'll look into cp_common.pl. Please upload the Avatar Templates into the templates directory and that should fix the other bug.

qasic
Matrixx: It is a separate file and thus does not require the Powered by Infopop. Much of the code was made by Copycat and then ported to UBB 6 by myself. However, please feel free to add it in yourself.

q
qasic can you add to avatarlist.cgi
so that i can view the pictures and add them like the new version haves only it's missing the view
Oh good! well i do use IE but i still get the error, im an idiot tipsy i thought you click on them, my bad, its an option in your profile. That makes me happy, cause i dont have to worry about fixing anything LOL!

Thanks!!!!
i have the latest Multi hack software but i keep getting a cannot find path error (Run Time error) i have re-instaled MH 101 and re- downloaded the software from your site --- the software works as i have used whos online with no problems

please help i need the avatars hack M8
Hmm .. another user d/l it and installed it w/o any problems besides the fact that cp_common.pl wasn't hacked in (I'll add that tonight). Clear your browser's cache and re-d/l. LMK how that goes.

q
quote:
Can you?
Thanks for the reply if it was for me ---

but i use the mhx file included with avatar zip and when i go to import it into multi hack it gives me run time error something about cannot find path then it crashes

Please help i know i have the latest multi hack and i have whosonline and the wordlets mod working in mhx/mhf format so the programe it self works fine

but i have re-downloaded the avatar hack and no joy what am i doing wrong confused
Mickie:

What was the name of the mhx file you imported. Please paste the full file name here. Thx.

q
avatar_0.0007e.mhx i unzip the whole zip to a file i made called avatar (makes sense yes) then i try to import that file into the MH programme and all i get is runtime error and cant find path stuff frown frown
Uhhh ... that's the old file. Re-download Avatar Hack and you should find the file avatar00007e.mhx. That'll fix the problem for you. However, be aware that you still need to hack cp_common.pl manually (I'll fix that tongith when I get home.).

q
I just downloaded the avatar hack and imported it with my alpha version of the next version of MultiHack, imported there fine as well. wink
Re-put the mhx inside the zip file; it should have cp_common.pl. LMK if any probs.

q
Hi and thanks for all the replys...

i have downloaded the zip about ten times from your site, i still get the same mhx file in the zip it does not give me the one that you say i have used gozilla to download i have used normal download....

where can i get this mhx file (the new one)
Big problem
there's something wrong with the avatar hack
i installed it on a clean ubb and i downloaded the zip file today
the problem is [Linked Image]

is this a bug ?
i run win nt with apache and activeperl

Rewards
Matrixx
sorry downloaded again and works a treat

thank you qasic for this gr8 hack
and thank you MH makers for making my life easy ...
quote:
Could this be an error when inporting it with multihack 1.01 ?
quote:
Well i just did and still the same problem i use ubb version 6.04e
anyone has a solution ?

I think this is a new bug cause when i type 1 word i get this [Linked Image]
now when you type more then 5 words you wont see this bug

same bug on this board [Linked Image]

Qasic plz fix this s.a.p.

[ May 31, 2001 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Matrixx ]
Hi I was wondering,

When you install the avatar mod the Picture url gets replaced, is there a way 2 combine these two, so you can choose to put a picture that the person haves or Choose a avatar from the list?
yes but the avatars hack contains also some error's but if you want it replace the avatars picture code with a new one
maurice: No. This is the designed behaviour. Avatar replaces your picture field.

Matrixx: Please read the FAQ. There's instrucions on how to fix that smile

qasic
ok Thx

P.s.

I wanted the ip logged and users post at the botton off the screen and the rest above.
and the fix didn't help cause i already tryed before myself
so is there any other solution ?

[ June 01, 2001 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Matrixx ]
This is a very great hack:).....
The avatar hack doesn't work for me. I have version 6.0.3 I can't find the 2nd part of the hacking for the profile. I dont see it.
ALso where is the auto hack(the wizard hack) for this hack?
Cool hack just added it to my friends board...:)
U mean lord vegeta's boards? He was suppose to help me install this hack ><. I run my board at http://www.adubb.cjb.net
can't find these lines in ubb_regestration

FIND:

AFTER PUT:

I couldn't find that line either im using version 6.0.3
6.03 i mean
is there a recommended limit for the number of avatars ?

msv
MultiHack is available at http://www.multihack.com

The limit on the number of avatars should be based soley on how good your CPU/System is. Theoretically, the script can handle an unlimited amount but that's only in theory. Try about 100.

qasic
hey waht about me
bfbfbfbf: Your question has aleady been answered in this thread. Please re-read the whole thread (from the 1st page to the last page) and you'll find your answer.

qasic
alright I read all 9 pages in about 1 hour dind't see anyhting that helps. I have UBB 6 Gold. Can I get you or someone to install it. Maybe even money involved. I really need help people.
yes i got it to work still couldn't find those line from the above reply on this topic. So I skiped them and looks like it works fine

1 Question It will not allow me to acces the control panel functions says incorrect user or pass
is this the final?? My forums have a lot of members and is very hard to put avatars everyday.. i would like an option that the member can put a url of his custom avatar and done.. the avatar hack for ubb5 had it ;_; ...
blingblow: check this url and my reply underneath - https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=24&t=000046&p=7#000154

incorrect hacking of cp.cgi for the later.

Kero: you have to use the other avatar hack if you want that.

qasic
ok I found that about but what about me not being able to get into avatar control panel
incorrect hacking of cp.cgi

qasic
i looked over that script about 3 or 4 times. can you take a look for me
I can't find these libne in ubb_profile.cgi:
FIND:

AFTER PUT:

What I do to install the hack???
You can view the ubb_profile.text file here:
http://f1quebec.hypermart.net/temp/ubb_profile.txt

Thanx!

[ June 04, 2001 10:12 PM: Message edited by: maxf166 ]
hey I found out that you can just skip that line. It still works without it. The newer versions of ubb don't have that line.
I'm trying it... I'm gonna post if it works!
it's working

[ June 05, 2001 04:42 PM: Message edited by: maxf166 ]
When I do not want to use the controlpanel for the avatars, can i only add

$this_img

below $member_number in public_topic_page.pl ????

so Everyone will use his default avatar provided in the user profile ?
or do I have to make more changes ?

tnx !!!!!!!
Great Hack! It works great on my Boards: http://forums.thunderwave.net/ubbcgi/ultimatecgi.bb Thx Qasic!
cornholio: nope, you'll need to use the other avatar hack here at the Dev. And no, please don't ask me where it is. That's what the search feature is for.

qasic
quote:
Everything is working now !!!!
Tnx !!

BTW, the who's online hack also works fine !!!

Corn.
Hey I have looked and looked at the cp.cgi script and don't see anything wrong with it. Still hives me the error you don't have permission to enter when i click and avatar cp Help me this is driving me crazy
hm
something must wrong with this hack frown

i installed this hack successful on my ubb 6.04b but its not working. i also skipped the sentence with the picture part on ubb_profile.cgi.

is there anyone who can help me ?

update :

i can choose a avatar on my profile cp but thats all. when i start a thread - there isnt any avatar under my name.

[ June 07, 2001 11:45 AM: Message edited by: siLenT ]
Okay I had a problem similar to yours, is the picture completely gone or is the picture link broken.
blingblow: cp.cgi was hacked incorrectly. Re-install from known backups.

silent: then ubb_lib_posting.cgi was not hacked correctly and/or public_topic_page.pl wasn't either.

unknown warrior: please be more descriptive.

q
holy **** for some reason when i went to upload the new hack cp.cgi it din't upload. All is fine now. Great work.
quote:

I had a similar problem with custom avatars... when I looked at the source it had two urls for images in the src= field. One was the custom avatar and the other was for picture field.
billybatson: you're going to have to be more descriptive about your error. What steps did you take to achieve this error?

qasic
qasic,
would you pls kindly take a look at this post: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=001770
hack instaled sucessful now smile
it was my mistake laugh

great hack and thx for sharing with us
I know this is not probely the right forum > but the only one I can find where somebody gets help. I have ubb6gold running on a unix system I have avatar hack installed,works fine. Now I'm trying to install the whos_online hack. When I get to the this I have problems I can't find this::
use CGI qw(:cgi-lib :standard);

The only thing I find is in this section

#use strict;
use Fcntl ':flock';
use CGI ':standard';
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser carpout);
use CGI qw(:cgi-lib);

someone please help me. Thanks
Yeah, this is prolly a dumb question... but will it work with 6.04e?
blingblow: your UBB version is not supported. You require UBB 6 GOLD or higher

Andrax: yep it works, also works on 6.04f smile

qasic
i said in my earlier post that I have ubb 6 gold
Posted By: mlza Re: [6.0x] Avatar Hack v0.0007e *FINAL* [Finished] - 06/10/2001 12:06 AM
nice
blingblow: then you should have that line.

qasic
it's like bfore the 30th line right. Cause thats all I could fine in my earlier post
ACK.

I am at the LAST part of this hack....
public_topic_page.pl (template)

FIND:

$alt_color = "$vars_style{AltColumnColor1}";
}

ADD AFTER:

require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/avatar_list.pl";
my $this_img = &GetAvatarImg;

FIND:

$member_number

ADD AFTER:

$this_img

BUT, there is no $member_number to find to add the

$this_img

Any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.

ICQ= 48476840
mailto: [email protected]
Also... I am using a licensed copy of UBB 6.04f
Dude,

1) Do not cross post - either post here or e-mail me but not both. It's a pain to have to respond to both.

2) Your problem arises because you deleted that from public_topic_page.pl from preventing Member Numbers being displayed. Doing that is your own choice but you'll have tons of problems later on if you're hit by a spammer. laugh

3) The solution to your problem is to put $this_img where you feel it's appropriate. If you look in the original distribution of public_topic_page.pl, you'll find where that $member_number is and from there putting $this_img should be obvious.

qasic

[ June 11, 2001 03:52 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]
Qasic,

I am terribly sorry. I was working on it this morning and forgot that I had to head to work today tipsy (gotta hate when work gets in the way of the site)

Anyway, I am terribly sorry. I was just trying to have everything ready in case you might want to see examples of what I was talking about since i didnt upload any of the modified files from the hack, and I would be at work and not have access to them till late tonight. I wanted to have your accounts ready on the board and ftp (since you have requested that in the past from people with problems)

The last thing i wanted to do was be a bother, I was just trying to do everything possible to provide all the info I had, to find out what the problem was.

Sorry.

BTW, everything has gone smoothly up to that point went great... was just concerened that I didnt have anything in there for that last call.

Thanks for your help
Now that you mention it, i do think i recall deleting that to get rid of the actual Member Number showing up on everyones posts.

Is there a way to get that to not show up on the boards without deleting it from the .pl file?

I checked the Control Pannel but it didnt look like there was a way to disable it there.

I just want the

Andrax
000134 <===== to not display for EVERY post
hello any help here
Got everything straightened out...

I was a fool laugh I accidently had the target url to a .com address when my domain is a .net

Buhahahahaha

Holy cow, that was a long day. Thanks qasic for your help! GREAT HACK.

Whats are you having a problem with Blingblow?

[ June 12, 2001 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Andrax ]
the whois hack I 'm having problems finding this one line. I am running UBB6Gold the line i'm having problem with is on the 10th page of this topic you will see it. It's almost like I'm invisable here. HEHE LOL
blingblow:

I understand you use UBB 6 Gold. I also know that besides those two lines with the "unless" on them, UBB 6 Gold should work fine with this hack.

qasic
Ok, i rehacked and it kinda works now.

Though, They dont show up, Just a RED X.

When I click properties of the X in place of the pic, it says this:

Any suggestions, Looks like its put it too many times.
when i try to install the hack through the script hack wizard this is what i get on the pass and fail.

[Linked Image]

whats going on here what did i do wrong

[ June 13, 2001 11:16 PM: Message edited by: kdog316 ]
suffeks: you've hacked the Avatar Hack in incorrectly. Please re-hack from known backups.

kdog136: I believe you may have been using an older version of UBB so you may have to install this hack by hand. Sorry.

qasic
Is there a way to make avatars only advailable to Mods and Admins or certain people in the forums? Or a way with this hack to let them choose their own avatars from a URL?
can somebody make an shw file of this hack? pretty pretty please smile
Use MHK.

q
quote:
i can't use MHK, for some reason i can't get it to work...only SHW... frown
What is the specific error you are getting w/ MHK?

qasic
"failed to load control 'TrayForm' from TRAYFORM.OCX. Your version of TRAYFORM.oCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application"

frown

if i could only get the shw, that works so nicely

anyway, i'm confused as hell with this MHK stuff so...ugh
You should contact Troy so he can create a SETUP.EXE which can fix that problem. Not very hard to do smile

qasic
I've checked it, it looks ok to me. Could ya help me out somehow.

When someone registers, it adds the blank.gif part twice, i believe its a problem somewhere within a file that 'links' the pics, or something like that.

everything else works flawlessly.

i have to go into every profile and remove the link command, then they can go CUSTOM.

could you advise which file i should check very very carefully? i have the stat hack applied also, that is working aswell.

thanks Q
To all involved:

I like to say a personal Thanks... this is a great hack, had no problems installing it what so ever smile smile

ok... why this page look like this??? it's supper wide!!! why?

[ June 14, 2001 10:55 PM: Message edited by: UltraNEO* ]
suffeks: Can I look at your board (with FTP access)? Something's really wrong and I'll let to find out what it is. Please PM or e-mail me with the details. TIA!

qasic
Someone answer my question? Is there a way to make avatars only advailable to Mods and Admins or certain people in the forums? Or a way with this hack to let them choose their own avatars from a URL?
any luck Q?
edit: nevermind I'm uninstalling the hack I think I made a mistake and it has corrupted my files and my ftp access to my server is crappy right now.

[ June 15, 2001 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Teleknesis ]
suffek's problem has been fixed. It was due to incorrect hacking of public_edit_profile.pl. He had deleted the interests field instead of the picture field wink

qasic

[ June 15, 2001 11:11 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]
Hi, I'm getting an error in the javascript on the avatarlist.cgi page. It won't actively change the avatar picture when you click on it, both in the picture list and from the drop down menu.

It reads:
Line: 103
Char: 6
Error:'opener.document.forms.0.picture[...].value' is null or not an object.
Code: 0

I'm using IE 6 but it seems to not work on other browsers as well.
Keith: hacking error. Re-hack from known backups.

qasic
ok, thanks q for your help, now how can i remove that msg you left?
Primary Settings > General Display Settings > Forum Intro Text

qasic
lol, thanks, i got alot to learn still
didn't work the first time but ti worked the second time. Great hack! but could someone tell me why the wordlets in the CP for it is in a foreign language?
Sorry
this Hack is not Finished , has
many Bugs Inside.
but else a good Hack!
frown
Thunder33
Telekensis: to force you to read the WHOLE manual smile

thunder: Hack works fine. No bugs smile

qasic
@qasic
Bugs Inside:
1. Obere Seitenlinks nicht in der Haupt Tabelle integriert. (sieht blöd aus)
2. Bei Einstellung 10 Rows und 5 Columns
werden 11 Rows und 5 Columns
generiert.
3. Memberlieste Link wird nicht angezeigt.
4. Die Row mit der Name und Seitenanzeige
Avatars 2/8 und die untere werden mit falscher Hintergrundfarbe angezeigt.
5. Auf der letzten Seite werden die
leeren Felder zum füllen der Tabelle nicht
generiert.(sieht blöd aus)

Sonst ein guter Hack
Gruss
Thunder33
----------
See Here: avatarlist
----------

[ June 18, 2001 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Thunder33 ]
Please post in ENGLISH or FRENCH. I don't understand German smile

qasic
@qasic
1. Upper Pagelinks not at the main of
schedule integral.(sees zanil out)
2. by setting 10 Rows and 5 Columns become
11 Rows and 5 Columns generated.
3. Memberliste Link will not displayed.
4. The Row by the name and Pagedisplay
Avatars 2 / 8 and the down will be displayed with wrong background colour.
5. On the last side become the evacuate fields to the fill the
schedule not generated. ( sees zanil out)
else a good Hack

i hope you understanding!
my english is not good.
Thunder33

[ June 19, 2001 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Thunder33 ]
Hello,

1. Design decision. Not a bug.
2. I'll need to test this at home smile
3. Not my problem. I only guarantee my hacks to work with the standard UBB.
4. See your AvatarList stle template correctly.
5. Sorry, please have e@sy/technoform.de translate that for you. TIA!

qasic
That must in avatarlist.cgi

Search:
require "vars_config.cgi";
require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_lib.cgi";
require "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/Templates/public_common.pl";
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_registration.cgi";
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_wordlets_avatar.cgi";
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_avatar.cgi";
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_wordlets.cgi";
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_display.cgi";
require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_misc.cgi";
require "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/styles/vars_style_$vars_avatar{list_style}.cgi";

Insert:

require "$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_wordlets_mods.cgi";

Thunder33
In avatarlist.cgi

Replace all:

bgcolor="$vars_style{BgColor}

with:

bgcolor="$vars_style{AltColumnColor1}

or

bgcolor="$vars_style{AltColumnColor2}

Thunder33
In avatarlist.cgi

Search:

print<

$wordlets_avatar{avatar_list_tab} - $dado{'PAGE'} / $pages

Replace with:

print<

$wordlets_avatar{avatar_list_tab} - $dado{'PAGE'} / $pages

Thunder33
In avatarlist.cgi

Search:
# clean up remaining space on last page
while ($colcreated != $columns) {
print " ";
$colcreated++;
}

if ($PagesLine) {
print "
n";
print "$PagesLine";
if ($showtotalavatars != 1) {
print "
n";
} else {
print "
";
}
}

Replace with:
# clean up remaining space on last page
if ($PagesLine) {
print "n";
print "$PagesLine";
if ($showtotalavatars != 1) {
print "
n";
} else {
print "
";
}
}

Thunder33
Better Avatarlist!

DEMO:

Thunder33
laugh laugh laugh
quote:
Only for MemberList tipsy

qasic
hey, it's the first time I use UBB and I don't know what's the script hack wizard and would like touse it, can someone explain it to me please???

Thanks in advance
confused
i am using version 6.04f
SHW: http://www.shayaansoft.com/

It works on 6.04f

qasic
Yeah, I have a slight problem. I've set up everything properly and everything works except when it tries to display the avatars. I keep getting this: http://:// in the address for the avatars. The only place the address gets messed up is under their username when they post. Anyone have any ideas?

[ June 19, 2001 10:21 PM: Message edited by: CyberwolfJoeMac9184 ]
Yep, have users reset their profiles to pick an avatar.

qasic
Reset? Sorry, it's been a long day...
NM, fixed it. smile
Thanks
quote:
for All Hacks with

vars_wordlets_mods.cgi

Thunder33
laugh laugh laugh
I love this hack. The managing feature is excellent, and the way you control everything is marvelous. With all the Avatars my board runs, this thing is just the thing my Members ordered.:D
I did everyuthing right as far as I know but no clue what thi smeans when trying to get to my cp.cgi page

any help would be appreciated

Error including required files: Can't locate vars_config.cgi in @INC (@INC contains: D:Opals House Webcgi-bin D:/Perl/lib D:/Perl/site/lib .) at D:Opals House Webcgi-bincp.cgi line 46. Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
nm found it
thanks
well now I can findg my cp.cgi file but now I get this when I go to do teh settings of the avatars

any help would rock

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Can't locate D:/Opals House Web/cgi-bin//avatar_control.pl at D:Opals House Webcgi-bincp.cgi line 340.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
I cant save anything somewhere I set the path wrong such as

Unable to open vars_misc.cgi file for writing. at D:Opals House Webcgi-bin/cp_lib.cgi line 821.

when I think it should be D:/Opals House Web/cgi-bin/cp_lib.cgi

but I dont know where I would of changed that

any help?
vars_misc.cgi is not touched by this hack at all. You have some serious hacking errors. Perhaps you should use the MultiHack version?

qasic
I use multihack but it keep shutting down on my in win2k?

also I have my site on an ftp so I cant use multihack unless I set it up so I install it locally then have to change all the settings again once its done?
i have no clue what to do , I am so tried anf rustrated with this i spent three hours setting this up trying to get this hack to work and nothing, now I use multihack and its deleted everything off of my desktop I am getting very pissed and no one wants to help me out. I am telling ya this is really getting stupid
i am starting over, if someone will be nice enough to do this for me for free , that would be great thanks

if not no biggy and I am not giving out any info. I will send them stuff through e-mail thanks
Hello,

For MultiHack, MultiHack explictily warns you that the destination will be overwritten. If you set your output to be your desktop, too bad but the program did warn you.

MultiHack works fine on Win2K. I've ran it on Win2K and Win2K SP2 with no problems.

If the source files are on your FTP, download them and set them as your source directory for MultiHack.

qasic
still didnt work, keeps deleting everything on my desktop and that doesnt flow with me so I am not using that product.
thanks anyways I guess i will find someone kind enough to help me do it for free

thanks confused
Hi,

First off all you did a good job m8! The board will look beter with this avatars. laugh

But i have a little question: When i open the list window and i choice one off the pic's than it is not selected! I don't know if that is normal but i don't think so.

I have ubb6.04d and this hack's installed:

who's online 3.9qa,last reply by version 2.02 and Stars/Status hack version 4.52

Hope that you can help me out!

Thanks.

[ June 25, 2001 11:00 AM: Message edited by: coolwarez ]
There should be no problems. Probably a code hacking error.

q
I am having a problem with the CP upload function and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what is wrong.

The error message is pretty plain too:
quote:
Any suggestions?
Hello,

That problem is a known problem with no possible solution. See the FAQ for more details regarding that problem.

qasic
could you email me the FAQ ? My license has expired recently - around the time I upgraded to 6.04a and I haven't had the time or the cash to renew my subscription, therefor, I cannot get into your site anymore.

It's not a big hassle - we can upload them via FTP or other means.

Ironically, this was working before I upgraded to 6.04a. I hate all these constant updates, I find myself sitting around modifying the code more than acutally enjoying the software.

Thanks for responding.
ventura,

Sorry, I'm mistaken. That issue is not in the FAQ but was discussed previously here.

Basically, it's a problem specific to NT servers only. When you upload a graphic, it gets saved to a temporary place; let's say c:tmp. Now UBB (which runs under the account inet_guest), only has read/write/modify access to d:ubb. Because the uploaded file right now is in c:tmp and the inet_guest account does not have acces to this directory, this is why you get that error. The only way to change this would be 1) to modify CGI.pm directly (your host would have to do that) or have inet_guest access rights to that temporary directory (again, your host will have to that). To even complicate things further, the temporary directory varies from system to system.

Phoo. That's the jist. Sorry for the inconvenience. That's one of the reasons why I didn't upload a user upload avatar option - I would have been asking to do tech support for that issue all day smile

I hope this explanation makes sense. LMK if you have any questions.

qasic
hey question I have finally gotten the time to install the hack. I have the hack installed and working in the control panel and everything except the drop down menu does not show up in view/edit profile.

What did I miss or do wrong, when I try to save my profile it says a hack attempt has occured and been logged :-)

what can I do?

thnaks
Thank god I have complete control over the machine in question!

This should be easy to fix.

Hey - how's about the who's online hack? It will be about 5 more days before I have the extra $$ to renew my subscription with InfoPop.

smile

Just Wonderin! laugh

See What I mean?? The fine folks here at UBBDEV have upgraded to 6.05!!!

Another sleepless night of installing hacks is in my near future.

We need more MultiHack Enabled Hacks!

Thanks Again!

[ June 27, 2001 11:16 PM: Message edited by: ventura ]
itzsnider: public_edit_profile.pl was not edited correctly.

ventura: WOL is scheduled for July 1st, 2001 release.

q
I want to use avatar in my ybb, but i don´t have the members are know! My contract finished this year! Plz someone send me the script by mail! I would be thankful
I haven't tried an avatar hack yet so please bear with me. If I do not want any of the members to have avatars, only maybe a select few, can I do that? Or maybe give one person a special custom one but not let anyone else use it? I remember that worked in ubb5...Thanks a lot for all your hard work!!
My question is:
-Is it possible for a member, to link his avatar from a seperate webpage, and do this all on his own in his profile?
i want the avatar hack but i cant login the the site to get the sentence they want. my friends the one who owns the site and the board and hes a bit over protective when it comes to logins and passes and he wont give it to me so i cant get in and he wont do it him self. can someone help
can someone help me.......i've installed this hack once before and it worked fine. then we switched servers and i had to reinstall it, so i redownloaded it. but now everywhere except in the CP its in french
This hack is awesome smile

Is there any chance that someone could tell me how to allow all the members to upload their personal picture and only show their avatar as a choice? This is for more of a community board with trusted people. Disk space is no problem, besides the files will only be 48x64, and probably around 6k a piece. Please if you could tell me how to hack this script to do the prior request, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

~!~~ laugh
i have a problem i import the hack into multihack and it goes in to the modification list it all fine until it gets down to ubb_profile.cgi it failed under the mp side only then on the same column down by ubb_registration.cgi it failed but everything else is fine anyone have any clue wats wrong?
Neon Manow Force: there is now a way to do this on my web site.

tw1112: Have you tried searching this forum and the Beta forum for that feature?

The_baptizer: Using another avatar hack, yes.

cswav: Sorry, my site will not be chaning auth system soon.

RASkytle: RTFM

Twitch: Currently, no.

Black Howling: Hmm .. what version of MultiHack are you using?

qasic
That's why. The Avatar MHK was made for MHK 1.0, not 1.5. I guess your only option right now would be to manually hack it in. Sorry about that.

qasic
I'm running 6.04 and can not find this line.... else { $picture = $in{picture}; .... in the ubb_registration.cgi or ubb_profile.cgi files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

www.netwerkin.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Don't worry about that line then.

q
Posted By: Troy Re: [6.0x] Avatar Hack v0.0007e *FINAL* [Finished] - 07/06/2001 10:44 PM
I just ran an install of the MHX file for this and it installed correctly on UBB 6.05 using MultiHack 1.5.1.

Not sure what your problem is. 1.0 hacks should work fine on 1.5...
I have 2 problems.

One: I can't find
Code
code:
in the files that need you t find it.

Two: When I go to Avatar Settings and Manage Avatars in the Control Panel it says that I don't have permission to enter it eventhough I'm an administrator.

Please Help!
beastyboys:

1) this has already been answered in the thread
2) Re-hack. You have a hacking error.

qasic
I´m gotting problems when I install the hack
I use ubb 6.04b and i don´t find that:

FIND:

AFTER PUT:

Folks, I appreciate all the ahrd work in this hack. However, I need something a little different, which has already been asked for several times on this thread, but not adequately answered.

I need an Avatar hack that HAS NO PRE-DEFINED PICTURES. The user enters a URL for the picture desired. Also, the Size of the pic must be able to be LIMITED to about 64x64 by the CP.

IS THERE such a hack?

Will it work on my version? (6.04e)

WHERE canI find it? (I'd search, but I don't know where to look, or what text to look for).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million.
quote:
This question has already been answered in the thread!
umm..i gotta question for the vars_avatar.cgi .....in the instruction it shows the 17 lines....

quote:
but when i open the file vars_avatar.cgi it only has this..

quote:
...its missin a few lines...

i also need to know how come for like the avurl...how come on the actual file it has the avurl => "$vars_config{NonCGIURL}/avatars",

.....where and how am i suppose to enter the URL ?? do i delete everything inside the quotes and put my own URL?...thanx in advanced
Hi

Hehe. Looks as if I put an older version of vars_avatar.cgi in. Anyways, don't worry about it. Upload the old version of vars_avatar (the one that's inside the ZIP file) to your Variables directory. Then go into your Control Panel -> General Settings -> Avatar Settings. Set everything correctly and your vars_avatar.cgi will be updated automatically.

qasic
oh...ok thankz alot wink ...i will try it out now..
I cant find
document.writeln("");
In cp_common. Im usingf 6.0
Whats the point to this auth system?? Does the avatar hack contain to much of UBBs code to be let out to nonmembers?? Cause if not all your doing is adding more trouble to getting a hack.

I dont own a UBB, but Im the hacker of one. Since im not alowed to the password and stuff, I am now forced to not use this hack.

K.I.S.S is all I have to say...
Draggy

That line should defintely be there. It's beein in cp_common.pl since V6.0 GOLD

Balbanes

My auth system is KISS. As you are very well aware over @ vBulletin now, they are now associating vB members with actual license numbers. I'm just making sure that people who are using my hacks are legit UBB users. If you're a UBB Code Hacker (just a code hacker), then get the owner of the UBB to sign you up. It doesn't take very long.

qasic
i cant get this mod to work properly.. i can set a avitar but when i go to change it the url goes to ~> http://www.ntktv.f2s.com/ubb/avatars/group007.gifhttp://www.ntktv.f2s.com/ubb/av can u help me? and when i go to change the avitar the preview doesnt change it stays blank.. im new at this confused any help would be appericated.. my email is [email protected] or u can get me on aim @ HackerSp0rtZ thank you in advance
Will this hack work on UBB6.0.5 with WOL and Compact Header?

[ July 16, 2001 06:28 AM: Message edited by: certify ]
quote:
Your question has already been answered in the V6 Mods forum. Please check there.

certify:

WOL, yes. Compact Footers - not sure but probably yes.

qasic
Ok thank you, ill do just that! ^_^

Ya about vb, im thinking about buying a vbulletin just so I can say im a real member, not just a lurker/hacker. (I would do this for UBB, but it costs too much.)
i dont know how it works on 6.05 i have a 04
I just installed this hack onto my ubb
http://www.ultanime.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
and everything seems to be working perfectly! Great hack laugh.
Ahhhhh the K.I.S.S principle... I agree with you 100% Balbanes, unfortunately some peeps get the S's the wrong way round (i.e. the stupid first the simple second)

But you get that on the big jobs tipsy
Hey, I just installed this hack (with the help of the great Multihack) and I think it's awesome. Only one problem though...no avatars included! If anyone could provide me with a zip of avatars, I'm sure a lot of us could appreciate that.
Q,

I added this and when I switched it on, the pictures that people had formerly designated as their pics in their profile were coming up as their avatars and were WAY too big for the border of a message. How do I stop this from happening?

I just hacked it again, using Multihack this time instead of doing it by hand and it still does the same thing. Huge pics in the left border.

[ July 21, 2001 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Rinkrat ]
rinkrat:

The best way to combat this is to force user image sizes (specify 64 by 64). Clear your cache and that'll temporarily fix your problem. To manually fix it, go into that person's profile and clear the picture field.

qasic
I don't want to force the sizes since I have multiple shapes of avatars so I'll just delete their picture preferences. Thanks Q!

I have over 1200 users but luckily not many use the photo option smile
OK, I waited a long time to add this one, but now that I did, the users are eating it up. Thanks for another must-have hack Qasic!!

[ July 24, 2001 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Rinkrat ]
Hi

I have a problem to use your Hacks.
I tried to register and download your site, but it doesn't work at all.

Absolutely I'm vaild UBB licensed user.
I'm already sent you the mail about this error.

Please let me know how can I download .....

Thank you

Junhyok
Does this MOD become null and void with v6.1???

If not, will it integrate properly with 6.1 ???
Finally I got the account at your site

Thanks a lot...
quote:
The answer is NO to both questions.

qasic
Thanks! qasic

Finally I installed and it's works perfectly fine.
Thanks again...

And I have another request to ask you.

Can you tell me how to allow all the members to upload their personal picture?
Files will only be 64x64, and probably around 10k a piece.
If you could tell me how to hack this script to do the prior request, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

Junhyok

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]
im getting this error on my 6.03 frown ive checked and re hacked 2 time on all the files,and also uploaded all the files that needed

in the cp

Software error:
Can't locate /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/dbmist.ceanime.com/cgi-bin/avatar_control.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at cp.cgi line 339.

and in the profile

Software error:
Can't locate /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/dbmist.ceanime.com/cgi-bin/avatar_list.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/dbmist.ceanime.com/httpdocs/ubb/Templates/public_edit_profile.pl line 172.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Anime-loo ]
arg still havein porbs forget wat i said

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Anime-loo ]
*bump*
Either 1) a hacking error or 2) required files were not uploaded. Most likely is 2).

qasic
i hacked them with Script Hack Wizard, i uploaded all the files, ive hacked it like 4 times now :-/ im not on a 6.05.
quote:
Goto the following URL and install the hack Addon.

http://shunwah2k.hypermart.net/custom_avatar_addon_v22.txt <- by Michael

Then to control image size do the following.

in avatar_list.pl

Find:

return qq(
);

Replace With:

return qq(
);
quote:
URL to your UBB?

qasic
I am sorry for posting here but i really need a solution to the problem. I installed the avatr hack. Everything works fine but the avatar list keeps on displaying an error of 500 Internal Error. Any ideas?
Thanks.
quote:
Thanks but..
It still doesn't support to member upload.
Ah, My bad. I was assuming you meant user selectable via changing a url. I did not realize you actually meant allowing users to upload images to your server.
Jun.

In avatar_list.pl
I found
Code
code:

I added below with
Code
code:

DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR UBB becuase it still is not functional yet. I have to find a few more things and make some more changes. I am not a programmer but I am a fairly good tinkerer. I'll let you know when i have it working.
Thanks a lot......

Junhyok

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: junhyok ]
where can i download this??? the link on the irst page page wont open at all! Please help
quote:
You have to have a valid members license from InfoPop. Then you need to go in to qasic.com. Register and follow those exact instructions while registering.
quote:
the thing is i cant open that url. i tryed pinging it from dos and that does not work either!
Qasic, Perhaps if you have time you can help me with allow avatar upload addition I am attempting to make. If you do not have the time or the desire I completely understand. Thanks
Qasic, can you please send me my username and password as I still cannot login to your site to download the Avatars and Who's Online Hacks.. thanks! smile
Two other things:

1. Can you set it so that Admins and Mods can have
their own private set of Avatars?

2. Where can I find a big depository of great
Please someone help me to use the "User uploaded Avatar" hack........

Junhyok
26 pages of problems with the final hack???

perhaps it should be moved to beta sheesh... tipsy

C'mon pplz, I got it working first go, on a UBB v6.01. I've noticed that people have had problems finding this line of code:

Code
code:

There's two CGI files that the instructions ask you to find the coding in, namely ubb_profile.cgi and ubb_registration.cgi. In versions prior to 6.04 the above line of code doesn't exist. However, the hack works without it.

Don't be fooled. This isn't a v6.04 hack only, It will work on all 6.0x versions, prior to v6.04. And to be fair, the installation is simple. A lot simpler than something like hit hack (22 files to modify) or smiliemod (15 files to modify)...

good luck with it peeps laugh

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: revolver ]
Was able to download the hack! Was able to locate my pw. Anyways in the documentation it speaks of French Wordlets and how to change it over to English.. says its in the document but I cannot find it. Can anyone help?

Second where can I download some cool avatars.

Cheers!

Splitfyre
someone please gimme a other link, come on!!!
please, the page won't open, its says cannot find server. i tryed pinging it in does and it does not work!
Come one someone reply!!!
Posted By: tdog Re: [6.0x] Avatar Hack v0.0007e *FINAL* [Finished] - 08/08/2001 10:00 PM
I apologize for posting this here, but I'm dying to install this hack (and the who's online hack). The problem is that I can't log in to download the files (I believe I reqistered while my board was down, and now I can't re-register). My board is here . Quasic, could I please get a login?

Thanks for humoring a newbie.

Terry
Hey guys!
I'm still waiting here for someone to help me....Please

I wanna let them use their own uploaded Avatar!!!
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

last update ...
i become this love letter for the avatarlist.cgi

WY ??? - chmod all right !
1) avatarlist.cgi dont work

2) in avatarlist: require "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/styles/vars_style_$vars_avatar{list_style}.cgi"; ? is this correct ?

3) costumer avatars (000001.gif for member 1 ?right?) dont work - show me everytime the old selectet avatar from list.

DIR: nonCGI/avatars/custom is correct - chmod all right.

help me plz - if u can

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: melder ]
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have installed this hack without a glitch on my ubb 6.05

Installed using mth 1.5.2

Thanks for the great hack!

You can see it in use here

old update ? bug inside ? PLZ help ...
please someone gimme a link!
avatarlist.cgi not working is usually a symbo of either 1) chmod not correct or 2) incorrect perl path.

The_Dead: http://www.qasic.com/ubbhacks.html

qasic
i can't get to that page

http://www.qasic.com/ubbhacks.html

i tryed pinging it in dos and it does not work

http://www.qasic.com/

does not work either
no ...

avatarlist is into my CGI-BIN Folder - and if i open directly "avatarlist.cgi" it show me a "withe page". if i open from the profil (list in cp = ON") i show me the same URL/page but nor in "withe" - here i become a error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

###################################

last i chmod all to 777 - but do not work.

in cgi-bin folder:
- vars_avatar.cgi (cgi-bin = vars folder)
- vars_wordlets_avatar.cgi

##

in NonCGI/Templates
- cp_manage_avatar.pl
- cp_vars_avatar.pl

###################################

avatar hack works - also in cp - only the list do not work.

CHMOD avatarlist.cgi to 755 fix the problem?

qasic
Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE i really need this hack
no ...

for u understand - if i deselect the list - and like to open (directly) i become a withe site - i mean this is ok - correct ?

but if i select avatarlist in cp - i become the error page - chmod 755 or 777 makes no different.

... no correct hacking by myself ? i check it twice but i mean is the avatarlist.cgi.

my server is STRATO - Perhaps is in avatarlist.cgi code in this form not possible 4 STRATO ... ?!?!?!
melder,

May I have FTP access to your board so I may resolve the problem? Thx.

qasic
qasic check the whos online post!
I had the problem with avatarlist refusing to display also and spent most, if not all of last night trying to fix it. I finally did find the problem though. The solution is to run the files that you downloaded (with the exception of blank.gif) through a dos2unix filter and that will fix your problem.
That was a upload/unzipping problem on your end. Chances are you unzipped the file on the server but forgot to specify the -a option (force ascii).

qasic
SOMEONE PLEASE GIMME A LINK!!!!!!
TD, please contact q via pm to get your problem with the link worked out. He's moving hosts soon, but that should have no bearing on you being able to go to a site that works for everyone else.

thanks...
Qasic !!!

Your Service is **** . Where is my Login-Key ?

Realname: Michael Plank
Username: funmicha

Michael
quote:

Due to a server move, the new place to download Qasic hacks is here: http://www.qasic.net/ . Please sign-up again and once you're approved, you
may download my hacks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

qasic
qasic: installed the hack at it worked like a charm. My question is can I have users upload their own custom avatars from their profile?

If you have a link or the code to do this that would be icing on the cake!

Once again kudos for the hack!

[edit] i just read your first post. security risk. thanks again

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: nokia8860 ]
Hi,

You may want to search other topics in this forum. I believe someone created an addon to my hack which does that.

qasic
Wow. 27 pages. That's a lot to read through. Could someone tell me why when a user has identified a picture in their profile, IT is used as their avatar until they replace it?

P.S. I love the mod! Thanks for creating it!
Sal, that is correct. Your picture URL becomes your avatar until you edit your profile again.

qasic
Why i can't split my list of avatars page to be as 2 pages?
it's doesn't matter what i write 20, 40 per page it alwayys stays the same.
52 avatars in the same page.
what's wrong?
Forgive me if this question has already ben answerd, but 28 pages is alot to read frown

I have ubbv6.05, willl the avatar hack work on that, it say only 6.00 - 6.04
Sheffield, I'm not quite sure what the problem would be unless you modfied avatarlist.cgi.

Avatar hack works on UBB 6.0x+ although you may need to skip some instructions.

q
Qasic i have 6.04f and this hack works great except from this small part.
it never happend before?
Tried re-uploading another avatarlist.cgi (not hacked)??

qasic
quote:
Is there anyone willing to tell me exactly what to skip? Because I was doing what it told me to do in the hacking install thing, and it came up to where it says

FIND:

AFTER PUT:

But I couldn't find else { $picture = $in{picture}; }

Is this the sort of thing I skip, as you said to do? Because I couldn't even find any part of that, the only part I could find was "else {" confused
Yup, that's the part you need to skip smile

qasic
qasic

I am attempting to enter your site and download this hack but it is not finding my account.

I have already downloaded and installed your Who's Online hack.

So I have an account.

Or at least I DID have an account.

Please advise.
quote:

You're probably using the wrong details to enter my site since you're still registered (and not banned) on my site.

q
Hi,

Avatar Hack installed and it works fine, but i can't open the avatar-options in the control panel. The avatar-options are listed in the pull-down menu, but when i try to open them it does nothing show except "Avatar Hack 0.00007e...", that's all.

I checked everything and can't find any mistake. I am running the board internal on a local webserver atm, it's not online yet. I first wan't to install all hacks properly.

Any idea, how can i activate the avatar control panel ?

Thx
Kira
kirally,

If it's on your own LAN, how would you have gotten it? I haven't registered anyone on Qasic.NET that has a UBB on an internal network yet smile

Anyways, you probably haven't uploaded your Avatar Templates to the Templates directory.

qasic
Hi Quasic,

thx a lot.

I think i was sleeping during installation wink

Everything works fine now

-=[Kira]=-
Hi Quasic,

thx a lot.

-=[Kira]=-
Hi Quasic,

thx a lot.

-=[Kira]=-
i cant download it on qasic.com, who can give me where download it, thx!
quote:
I can. qasic.com
Cant seem to register on your site it just comes up with html instead of the register page!
http://www.qasic.net/ ??

qasic
Qasic i install Avatar Hack

install complete

and I post one but not display Avatar Image

Register, Edit option,Cp are run well

[*]StarsStatus hack
[*]User Online 3.1

What is problem not displayed Avatar Images?

(sorry, I cannot English well)
URL to UBB?

qasic
hi qasic i registered successfully hehe. I didnt put the correct url path woops! I Fixed that your site sent me a password in e-mail and said wait within a 48 hour period. Unfortunatly it has been 4 days and i still have not been able to log in. My E-Mail is: [email protected]
stephanie pardo
thanks ahead of time!

[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: Lady-Cherry ]
I have already replied to you via my [email protected] address.

qasic
Hey hun i havent recieved anything from you after i recieved my password from ya. Is there something im forgetting to do? I purchased my ubb board because of your beautiful looking avatar hack is exactly what im looking for in a ubb board. Please can you help me out to register correctly? I much appreciate it!

-Stephanie
I've re-mailed you.

qasic
Qasic, I signed up for your UBB hacks area on thursday and it still wont let me in.

My email address was [email protected].
Hey Qasic hun i havent recieved it did you send it to: [email protected]
Thats my e-mail adress please send it to that thank you ahead of time!
I'll PM you then .. seems as if your server is reject all qasic*@qasic* emails.

qasic
qasic, please check ur PM's
Hey hun i Pm you take a look when you can ok? Thanks
qasic, it's almost been a week since i last heard from you...are you going to approve my UBB hacks area membership?
Any idea when there is going to be a 6.1 version?
I have a 6.05 version and I am having problems installing this hack.

1. I don't have UBBCGI.pm (Module Directory) file in my module directory.

I went ahead and hacked all other files and uploaded all new files. Though the Avatar settings option is added to CP, when I try to access the settings I get this message:

Undefined subroutine &main::RequireCode called at /home/myhotboard.com/public_html/cgi-bin/ubb/cp.cgi line 537.

Please HELP!!!
hmmm I think it really sucks that I cant download and try this cool looking hack without a UBB license. I wanted to combine this script with the demo I have to check it out. Guess not frown
Neptin, please check my site for the UBB 6.1 version.

Ashwen, you're using the wrong version of my hack. Download the UBB 6.05 version.

qasic
um......Qasic same problem as Ashwen, I don't have a ubbcgi.pm file and.......

there is only 2 versions of ubb hacks on your site that I can see..... the 6.1 version one, and the 6.05 version one.........

HELP!
oh, and i'm running 6.04f.......

[Is there any need to upgrade from my 6.04f testboard to 6.05? As my board is pretty much packed with hacks right now]
Like I stated previously, you downloaded the wrong version. The one for 6.05 works on 6.04 with no modifications necessary iirc.

qasic
Screw it i found what i did wrong sorry guys
If use the install option for this and I already have other hacks on (that being the whos online feature) will it overide it?
Can i use it in UBB 6.1.0 rb 2.1? confused
If you're going to use UBB 6.1, use the UBB 6.1 version of this hack. This hack will not get rid of any other hacks.

qasic
Hi qasic,

I've just installed the hack on my 6.05 and everything works! It works too much, to be honest. I've two pics instead of one in every post.

Any suggestions for a newbie?

Thanx

P.S. I solved the problem. I had to delete the two lines after "$this_image" in public_topic_page.pl.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Teccno ]
OK. I KNOW it's me but I'm still about to go nuts over this. I am running v6.04 and the only hacks I have installed are "Who's Online" and "Custom Rank" both of which are awesome, by the way.

I am trying to install this Avatar Hack but when I look for

=========
=========

in the ubb_profile.cgi file I can not find it. It is not in there.

Any suggestions? I could sure use 'em.

Thanks!
If you can't find that line, ignore it.

qasic
This hack has worked great on my board except for one, small thing.

When members upload a file that I have put on the server, the board manages to ensure that the picture stays within set parameters.

On the other hand, when people use the hotlink method, the picture expands to whatever size it actually is. How do I control this? Is there a way to make hotlinks fit inside set margins? Is there a setting that I didn't set correctly?

Thanks
Enable image sizing.

qasic
Hmmm. If you're referring to the setting under "Avatar Settings" where you check the button that says "Use Height/Width", then I have it check. If there's another button that says "Enable Image Sizing", I would love it if you could direct me to the location of that control. laugh

Thanks!
Ok. I've installed it. It works great. Everything seems to be fine except one thing. When I have an avatar file that has a name longer than 16 characters, it doesn't show up. It shows up on the menu to select it and also on the list of avatars but once u select it and submit the change, and u go back to view your profile, it is "None" again. This only occurs when the avatar has a file name longer than 16 characters. Is this a bug? A Unix limitation? Messed up install on my part? Is there anyway around this?
oh my board is at
http://www.crescentschool.org/robotics/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
go and login using tester/tester as the user
and try and change u're avatar to a file longer than 16 characters. Then go back to the "view profile" and u'll see that it didn't change it. But if u use something shorter than 16 char, it works.
I'm pretty sure I hacked it right. cuz I've tried it three times already. And everytime, I double checked it.
And also, I've tried testing UNIX with filenames longer than 16 characters. It isn't UNIX. So, it is either a limitation with the hack or UBB.
Definetly not a limitation with the hack. With > 100 downloads and successful installs, if there was such a problem, it would have been reported.

What is the version of Perl and Linux you are running?

qasic
Please if anyone still reading this forum
if you know how to install this Hack
can you take a little time off your hands
to install this hack for me please
i dont know the first thing what im doing
all i ask is for a little help

please aim me at shadowxreme asap please
never mind i found what i was looking for and fixed the problem all thx to this forum
thanks you guys
i'm want to use qasic's avatar hack (www.qasic.com -> products -> ubb) that i'm using in the englishe original forum with version
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3
right now with the german board version
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.05

any chance ? is there a workaround to make it compatible ?

thx in advance,
sirleto
one problem, I can't find else { $picture = $in{picture}; } in the ubb_profile.cgi and else { $picture = $in{picture}; } in ubb_registration.cgi
It gives me errors please help!
sirleto, use the German version of UBB 6.1.0.4
quote:
one problem, I can't find else { $picture = $in{picture}; } in the ubb_profile.cgi and else { $picture = $in{picture}; } in ubb_registration.cgi

Your using an old version of UBB 6.0x series. You can safely ignore that instruction in this case.

qasic
I love your hack quasic, but..when someone post and they don`t post more than one or two lines the topic looks really **** . Alot of massive space around the user menu and the info about the user.

------------------------------------------------
-::::::::::::MASSIVE SPACE HERE::::::::::::::::-
--------User Menu(edit, quote, mail..)----------
----------------The topic-----------------------
-::::::::::::MASSIVE SPACE HERE::::::::::::::::-

My english is not soo good, so I wrote a little readme pain look-a-like laugh I hope theres a way to fix this! smile
Don't know if anyone still comes to this thread but here goes.

I have installed the Avatar hack
im running UBB v6.04c

Now it doesnt appear in the Control pannel unless i type the direct path to it in the url

IE www.blahblahblah.com/tonycrew/cgi-bin/cp.cgi?ubb=vars_avatar

then the CP for it comes up ??

Also it dont appear in the forum profiles as a choice anywhere unless i type in the url to it

I.E. www.blahblahblah.com/tonycrew/cgi-bin/avatarlist.cgi

then they appear.??

But none if it works ??

Any help anyone as to what i may have done wrong i installed it manually ALL files seem to have been uploaded and CHMOD seems right for the files.

Absolute paths are ok so im stumped??

P.S. I have read through ALL 31 pages before this and my head is now hurting smile
I had trouble understanding you but it may be a Absolute path or URL error. Check your Avatar settings.
I have all my perissions set, all the files and folders in place, and all the hacks where they need to be (as far as I can tell anyway), but I can't update on the avatar settings screen. I keep getting an error tell me that my avatar folder does not exist and there may be other problems. I to have read through this thread.

Can anyone tell me what might be causeing this?

Thanks
Can you paste the error your getting here please?
Error:
Your avatar directory does not exist. [There may be other errors, as well.]

This is on the avatar settings screen
BTW.. Thanks for the fast reply!
Check you have an "avatars" directory set and CHmodded right, and that the paths in the Avatar Settings are correct.
The folders are there and their paths are correct, the folder rights are set correctly as well (I'm assuming thats what you meant by CHmodded, my server is WinXP). Thats why I'm so confused! On the avatar list page there is nothing, even though I have some files in the avatar folder.
Dude, thanks for you help, but I figured it out.. I'M A DARN IDIOT!!!
Now my avatars show up as little bixes with a red x in them, when I got to my profile, the avatar "none" is selected. No matter how many times I change it, it keeps showing up as none.
Are there other avatars to choose from or just none?
There are two other avatars in the avatar folder. They show up in the drop down box and I can select one (it even shows up next to the drop down box)
[nil]

Is the Avatar URL set correctly in the configuration settings for the avatar hack?

Secondly, when you run avatarlist.cgi, do all the file show up correctly?

qasc
Yes and Yes.. I've found that if I use the control panel/members/view/edit profiles, the path in my profile looks like this http://http://path to the gif. If I take out one of the http://, put a copy of the gif in custom, and then add that to the path, I can see the avatar where its suppose to be.

Thats a lot of work! Thanks for any help!!
quote:
Originally posted by [niL]:
There are two other avatars in the avatar folder. They show up in the drop down box and I can select one (it even shows up next to the drop down box)

But it isn't saving, thats the problem. Check after you have selected the avatar if it shows up in the profile.
Yeah, the avatar shows up in the profile, but only until I click the update button. After that, if I go back to the profile page, The avatar is gone and the dropdown box is set to none again.
No I meant the profile page like when you click the profile icon on the topic pages it shows their profile, that type of profile. Does it show there?
Yeah, it shows up there.. Here is the problem as I see it. When I go into the control panel and look at a members profile, in the field for the avatar path there is a url that looks like this- http://http://myurl.com/ubb/ubb/avatar/whatever.gif. Now, if I take the extra http:// out, everything works fine. But.. I'm not suppose to have to do that, and I know I screwed something up, but I'll be darned if I can find the location of my mistake.
Yeah, try re-hacking and see what happens. It's probably a hacking error.
I restored backed up files and rehacked and everything is working great! Thanks for the help!
quote:
Originally posted by [niL]:
I restored backed up files and rehacked and everything is working great! Thanks for the help!

I told ya. tipsy
Glad it all worked out.
How do I fix the massive space I get around the posts?
How do i use that Script Hack Wizard? I cant find any SWH file nor cant read anything about it in the documentation?

Also, when i try to manually edit ubb_profile.cgi i cant find this line

How come?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.0x] Avatar Hack v0.0007e *FINAL* [Finished] - 03/03/2002 7:31 AM
Script Hack Wizard is an auto-install program made by Sayaan Faruqi (aka. Hercules), but he stopped supporting it. You can get it from http://shw.coders-net.com/download.shtml if you wish, but use it on your peril and MultiHack is much better IMO smile . Avatar Hack also includes a MultiHack file, avatar00007e.mhx or something like that. Get MultiHack from www.multihack.com smile
quote:
Originally posted by Sigve:
How do I fix the massive space I get around the posts?

What? Explain more please and provide a link.
my webhost is down for chaning connection..but I can try to explain. When someone post a message and its small like just 1-3 lines long. The layout in the post window get strange. The user menu with the homepage, edit, quote, email, pm and stuff is on the middle of the page. Not on the top. Hope you understand.
Yeah, thats because the author coloum is longer than the post table.
Hi,

I have the following problem! When i want to update my profile there comes "You have choose an illegal template, please try another"

I use the custom template hack too is there an conflict...

Testboard: http://www.d-talk.tv/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

thanks
d-talk
quote:
Originally posted by d-talk:
Hi,

I have the following problem! When i want to update my profile there comes "You have choose an illegal template, please try another"

I use the custom template hack too is there an conflict...

Testboard: http://www.d-talk.tv/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

thanks
d-talk
confused UBB 6.3 has avatar's included! There's no reason to use this hack.
© UBB.Developers