UBB.Dev
Posted By: EthanGilchrist [6.0x] CP Mod Tutorial [ Finished ] - 04/28/2001 10:35 PM
I'm not sure if this should go here since it's not an actual hack but I don't know where else it could go.

I've written a tutorial explaining how to modify UBB to allow your moderators access to any section of the control panel you want. I did this originally because some of the moderators on my board wanted to be able to change the style templates for their forums. Here's the link to the file...

http://www.randominformation.com/cpmodtutorial.txt

(Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. If it is go ahead and put it where it belongs. Thanks.)

Ethan
Posted By: iCE-Q Re: [6.0x] CP Mod Tutorial [ Finished ] - 04/28/2001 11:14 PM
Very nice smile Thanx
Posted By: DPK.ducky.quack Re: [6.0x] CP Mod Tutorial [ Finished ] - 04/28/2001 11:52 PM
slick tutorial smile props on it
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: [6.0x] CP Mod Tutorial [ Finished ] - 04/29/2001 12:16 AM
very Nice!
Thanks much for the compliments. I know it isn't a full fledged hack but it's the first thing I managed to figure out on my own with CGI so I was anxious to share this with everyone. (Especially since right after I figured this out someone wanted to let mods into the registration queue.)

Ethan
Posted By: The Prohacker Re: [6.0x] CP Mod Tutorial [ Finished ] - 04/29/2001 8:35 AM
Thanks alot, I was just hired to do a mod control pannel for a ubb, and this saves me so so much trouble, thanks....
hmmmm....... if I cut the following from cp.cgi
Code
code:
Moderators can get access to my cp.....but I think also other users.so i think it is a security risk or??? I don't know.plz let me know if my thinking is true...
but big thx nice doc smile

(sorry for my bad engl.)

[ May 08, 2001 10:31 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]
Jeppp I found out that it is better to use tow if's... so a normal user is not able to get access to the cp .....

you should not just cut
Code
code:

you should set under the if admin an if Mod so there isnt an security risk i think...

use it like this
Code
code:

greez
(sorry for my bad engl.) confused

[ May 08, 2001 12:15 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]
Guess I should have specified in my tutorial that that was the reason for placing the moderator if clauses in the first place.

Ethan
Posted By: Gregg Re: [6.0x] CP Mod Tutorial [ Finished ] - 12/06/2001 10:26 PM
I'm pretty new to coding Perl so I'm probably wrong but couldn't you do this:

Code
code:

As I said, it's probably wrong but...
© UBB.Developers