UBB.Dev
Purpose: Let's admins have quick reference to moderator/admin passwords if they loose them, and it lets you be in control of your UBB.

Version: Version 1.0(Final)

Download URL: DOWNLOAD

This has been tested on my board, and it works unfortunalty I can not give you a demo since it has to do with the Control Panel.

If you want this hack to do anything special like only a certain admin can view all the passwords just let me know in here. I consider this hack final, it does not have anything else I can add to it so please keep it in this forum.

Hope you enjoy.
Thanks man, works great and very useful... smile
I would like the ability to have ony certain admins view passwords
That had to be the easiest hack to install..Thanx for that.
Yes it is very useful and easy to install. smile
A security risk but to each his own. smile
Well true but if you need quick reference to passwords you can install it then un-install as you please, that is what I do. smile

[ May 25, 2001 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Gamer ]
It works perfectly fine. and very easy..
quote:
I am glad you like it Seven Of Nine. smile
Great hack, thank you.
Just for the record, I think being able to view ANY members password is a bad idea.

MM: Not really a security risk I guess, since a hacker could just de-admin/de-mod a member, then look at their profile... shocked
quote:
Ok, thanks for your opinion Borg, I am sorry you do not like it. frown
Nice job again Gamer. smile
quote:
Thanks Daniel2 glad you like it. tipsy
nice one gamer smile loved it..
quote:
Thanks, I am glad you like it.
This hack needs to be updated so that the OWNER admin is the ONLY one that can see ALL passwords otherwise its usless all you have to do is have acces to the ftp and view the member cgi files and in plain view in your face there is the password staring you down

so like i said make it a lil more complete by allowing the OWNER admin to be able to see all passes and mabye how about there being a OWNER admin only CP thingie where you can give other admins or mods the same ability to see all pases

hmmmm that OWNER admin thing i will post in mod suggestions that is something the ubb has never had
I got a stupid question:

After you do this hack where do you go to view all the passwords? confused
you go to cp.cgi and go to "members" and go to "new member list" and click on the name of the user and you'll see tehir password as well as other things.
Doesn't the hack also let mods view passwords? perhaps you should just take the admin part out of the if tag.
No, mods can not see passwords only admin. Mods can not access member profiles from the control panel.
Mods can't access anything in the CP except for the forum settings. and even there, they're limited.
hmmm nice gonna test it...

Will reply soon..:D

Greetzz...
thanx for that help needed it
quote:
It's easier to just open the user's CGI file and look at it THERE. That's what I do. smile
i would like to have this to were only 2 admins can view every ones pwd
Only works with 6.x?
What about 5.47?
Can i use it in UBB6.1.0.2 by Multihack?
© UBB.Developers