UBB.Dev
Posted By: jordo [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/24/2002 11:33 PM
This hack allows you to make threads stay at the top of the thread listing untill de-topped. you can also temporarily bump a thread to the top, as if it had been replied to (without replying of course).

Updated for the 6.2.x series. Report bugs/problems here.

http://www.jordodesigns.com/mods/stickythreads6.2.x.zip

UPDATED TO 1.6
On subtle suggestion from CC, the underlying code of this hack has been rewritten to work differently. If you install this new version, your old sticky threads will not be recognized as sticky by the new version.

also, most, if not all, of the html should be x-ised at this point.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/24/2002 11:56 PM
Even though only admins and mods can use the feature, you should do input validation on $in{t}... there's nothing stopping me from putting arbritary data there instead of a topic number...

Looking at the entire directory for sticky files / trying to stat() a sticky file can also be very resource intensive. You should consider hijacking UpdateForumTopics to write out another hash that carries the sticky index...
Posted By: Telekinesis Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 12:59 AM
So is what CC said done?
Posted By: Nemesis138613 Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 1:32 AM
I am going to wait till the readme is updated for what Charles Caps said aboutt he resources and shiznits. I hope Jordo can do what he istalking about. If ya can't please tell us so i will just install what ya got here.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 2:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
Even though only admins and mods can use the feature, you should do input validation on $in{t}... there's nothing stopping me from putting arbritary data there instead of a topic number...

considering only admins and mods can its not a big deal, but i see your point.

quote:

Looking at the entire directory for sticky files / trying to stat() a sticky file can also be very resource intensive. You should consider hijacking UpdateForumTopics to write out another hash that carries the sticky index...

it doesnt search the dir, nor use stat.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 3:49 AM
-e == a call to stat()

What I MEANT to say is that doing a -e (therefore a stat) on a .sticky file for each topic can be very resource intensive...
Posted By: Nemesis138613 Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 4:41 AM
Well someone tell me when I can Download and install this hack because i amr really looking forward to it. Thanks. Just tell me when you have everything worked out.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 5:22 AM
The hack is fine as it is. If you had it installed with 6.1 and didn't notice any bad side effects, then you should be fine. smile
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 7:38 AM
quote:
-e == a call to stat()

What I MEANT to say is that doing a -e (therefore a stat) on a .sticky file for each topic can be very resource intensive...

stat() isnt called for all file tests, its only used for the ones pertaining to permissions. so -e != a call to stat()
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 9:58 AM
The way I'm reading perlfunc, it seems that everything does a stat, but I'm not sure.

Still, it's not something that you should be doing. smile
Posted By: q_ware Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 8:37 PM
woot a big argue here tipsy

But the speed is just fine here laugh
Posted By: Cuzz Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 9:56 PM
everytime i do this hack, my "recent visitors" table disapears!

frown

anyone?

(yes it's on)
Posted By: Stilgar Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/25/2002 10:32 PM
Installed easily on 6.2.1.

Thanks jordo!
Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/26/2002 6:20 AM
Jordo - I believe,

in ubblib posting:
if (-e "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/$exact_path/$_[1].stick") {
$sticky_option = qq($vars_wordlets_mods{sticky_threads_detop_thread});
} else {
$sticky_option = qq($vars_wordlets_mods{sticky_threads_top_thread});

Shouldn't this be:
if (-e "$vars_config{NonCGIPath}/$exact_path/$_[1].stick") {
} else {

& should be ;

Also in ubb_forum.cgi (for both the find and the replace)

if ($value >= $DPJulian) {
$count++;
} else {
delete($forum_topics{$key});

should be:

if(($value >= $DPJulian) or ($this_forum[15] eq "abc")) {
$count++;
} else {
delete($forum_topics{$key});

Also, in ubb_topic_maint.cgi (sub_top_topic,sub_detop_topic, and sub_bump_topic)
I know its not a big deal since its a cgi, not a pl file, but

should be

, should be

By the way, I also created a multihack file for this if you want, I can send it to you.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/26/2002 8:34 AM
thanks for pointing those out MrStormyNights. file updated.

sure, send me the mhack and ill post it in the top thread. thanks.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/26/2002 10:37 AM
Stormy, acually, it also matters in CGI files. It only doesn't matter in CP cgi/pl files...
Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/26/2002 2:54 PM
jordo
I sent you a pm with the link to the file so you can d/l the multihack

LK, thanks for the clarification. I just meant that the CGI files have not been done yet, But I do agree any hacks added should be fully XHTML compliant.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 2:57 AM
updated to 1.6, read 1st post in thread.
Posted By: Nemesis138613 Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 3:05 AM
IS there something wrong if we keep the old sticky that was here? What changes have been made? Thanks.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 3:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis138613:
IS there something wrong if we keep the old sticky that was here? What changes have been made? Thanks.

no theres nothing wrong with it. this is just a structural update that makes it a bit more standardized with the way ubb does things. instead of using .stick files it now keeps one file for each forum in a sub folder of the members dir that has a hash of that forum's sticky threads. theres shouldnt be any difference in speed whatsoever.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 3:52 AM
Nifty. laugh
Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 11:33 AM
########===================
######## in cp_vars_style_core.pl (Template):

########after:

&RegField(qq!Delete Topic (Admin) Icon

!, "delete_topic", "yes", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{delete_topic}");

######## add:

&RegField(qq!Top thread (Admin) Icon

!, "top_thread", "yes", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{top_thread}");

&RegField(qq!DeTop thread (Admin) Icon

!, "detop_thread", "yes", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{detop_thread}");

Should be (XHTML'd - I know this is a control panel thing and not really required, but hey, why not do it anyway?):
######## in cp_vars_style_core.pl (Template):

########after:

&RegField(qq!Delete Topic (Admin) Icon

!, "delete_topic", "yes", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{delete_topic}");

######## add:

&RegField(qq!Top thread (Admin) Icon

!, "top_thread", "yes", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{top_thread}");

&RegField(qq!DeTop thread (Admin) Icon
<

!, "detop_thread", "yes", "30", "60", "", "$vars_style{detop_thread}");

Also Jordo, I'll have a new Sticky V 1.6 multihack file done in a sec, I'll update the link I sent you and pm you with details again.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 11:43 AM
Maybe the next version will be like polling, in the first line of the topic file.cgi as ||sticky after ||[poll#]?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 11:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Maybe the next version will be like polling, in the first line of the topic file.cgi as ||sticky after ||[poll#]?

no way im touching the topic file format.
Posted By: MrStormyNights Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 12:51 PM
jordo

More xhtml stuff smile - also updated multihack file with these changes since you hadn't read my pm yet.

in ubb_lib_posting.cgi:

if (-e "$vars_config{MembersPath}/sticky/$forum_number.cgi") {
%sticky = ();
&RequireVars("$vars_config{MembersPath}/sticky/$forum_number.cgi");
if ($sticky{$topic_number} eq 'YES') {
} else {
}
} else {
}

Should be: (" />" for ""

if (-e "$vars_config{MembersPath}/sticky/$forum_number.cgi") {
%sticky = ();
&RequireVars("$vars_config{MembersPath}/sticky/$forum_number.cgi");
if ($sticky{$topic_number} eq 'YES') {
} else {
}
} else {
}
Posted By: Tonycrew Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 6:03 PM
I have applied tha hack twice and for some reason there's no text showing on the move topic screen, I have edited Wordlets, so i don't know why this is.

I also reaplied the hack from fressh 1 file at a time and still no joy. frown

Anyone know why....? Please
Posted By: yors Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 7:55 PM
Tonycrew, I have suggested something to your same question in the New Member's Forum. Please check if you have complied. smile
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/27/2002 8:52 PM
original post updated with a multihack link, thanks to MrStormyNights. smile
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/28/2002 5:15 PM
OK, lets' see - here are my problems:

First, your zip is incomplete. You say it includes a vars_wordlets_mods file, but it doesn't, and you do not give an alternate source other than the auto wordlet mod.

I tried the auto mod and it does not work with 6.2.1 - the files do not match, and it says to do it manually. Unfortunately even the manual instructions are outdated. The manual instructions with your mod however, do line up, with the exception of the missing file.

So I modded the files by hand.

THEN, when I got the rest of it done, went to test, and found that it diasables the Recent Visitors, AND disables the wordlets for the poll features! This, of course, in addition to no wordlets for the stickythread, too.

Needs work, promising, but needs work.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/28/2002 8:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by bglynn:
OK, lets' see - here are my problems:

First, your zip is incomplete. You say it includes a vars_wordlets_mods file, but it doesn't, and you do not give an alternate source other than the auto wordlet mod.

I tried the auto mod and it does not work with 6.2.1 - the files do not match, and it says to do it manually. Unfortunately even the manual instructions are outdated. The manual instructions with your mod however, do line up, with the exception of the missing file.

So I modded the files by hand.

THEN, when I got the rest of it done, went to test, and found that it diasables the Recent Visitors, AND disables the wordlets for the poll features! This, of course, in addition to no wordlets for the stickythread, too.

Needs work, promising, but needs work.

i took out vars_wordlets_mods.cgi when i placed the note at the bottom instructing people to download and install the mod from qasic.net, or here.

the manual instructions are out of date with what? it would help if you gave me something to work with here. a version, a url???

You have installed it wrong. i would check your additions to ubb_lib.cgi and public_forum_summary.pl...
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/28/2002 10:25 PM
To clarify, the manual instruction for the AUTO MOD, not your instructions, do not match up tot he files in the current 6.2.1 files. The exact texh is not found when doing the auto upgrade and it fails. Following the instruction in the auto update, the text is also not what is actually in the file. Compare the instruction to your and you will see where they differ. Yours are correct.

Do you have aowrking example of 6.2.1 with polls and recent visitors working correctly? I'd like to see it as proof. Until then, I do not think I installed it incorrectly.

You may have removed the wordlets file but you did not update your instructions, as it still clearly refers to 'the file included' several times.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/28/2002 11:43 PM
i wrote this version / tested it on 6.2.1.

MrStormyNights has it installed here:
http://www.wewfhf.com/cgi-bin/roleplay/ultimatebb.cgi

Tonycrew has it installed here
http://amiga-stuff.cjb.net/

the fact is it can be installed correctly from the manual instructions (i do not know about the mhp file).
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 02/28/2002 11:48 PM
I have it working fine on my board with POLLS and RECENT VISITORS.

I don't know about the Multihack file but the manual instructions match just fine.

http://www.reeftalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 1:15 AM
OK, you just don't get it.

YOU DON'T INCLUDE A FILE and the auto hack doesn't work to generate it.

So HOW can it be sucessfully installed manually?
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 1:20 AM
bglynn, keep up that tone and you will find yourself forcefully removed. Mmmmmkay?
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 1:25 AM
Sorry.

So where can I get the file that's not included and won't autogenerate?
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 2:18 AM
As Jordo mentioned above, you can grab the 6.1 vars_wordlets_mods from qasic.net (works fine in 6.2), or find it here on UBBDev... (don't know where exactly it is, sorry)
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 2:30 AM
I searched, and looked for 20 min and couldn't find it here.

On the qusic site, there are two options. One is called Modification Wordlet Module 0.1, the other is called Modification Wordlets 1.0.

The ST instructions say "Wordlets Mods Hack", so I grabbed the Modification Wordlets 1.0 file, and it does not have the .cgi file in it, only the auto updater, which does not work with 6.2.1.

I just grabbed the Modification Wordlet 0.1 file, and IT does have a .cgi file in it, that I assume can be used as the file.

You should include clearer instructions in your install text, because as of right now it's at least very difficult, if not impossible to find the file on here, and very unclear as to what you need to get from qasic. If it can be found on here, I suspect it's actually called something other than whats in the text.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 2:41 AM
Well of course the installer isn't gonna work - it's the wrong version. smile

Unless I'm mistaken, the text file included in the 1.0 zip contains complete manual instructions.

Now, if I *AM* mistaken...
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 2:56 AM
The text file in the 1.0 is WAY off from the actual text in the current 6.2.1 files.

I'm going through it again right now. I'm using the blank template from the 0.1, and added the section in the ST text instructions.

I'll document any errors.

Right now I'm on the first one:

####################
ultimatebb.cgi
####################

# find:

use UBBCGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser set_message);

# add below:

use vars qw(%vars_wordlets_mods);

...the closest thing I can find is:
use UBBCGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser set_message carpout);
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 3:00 AM
Oh, I should note this is from the:

########################################
##=======================================
the following is for those people who do not already have the mods wordlet kit installed. (ie: you do not have the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file). do the following and return to above:
##=======================================
########################################

section...this line is actually refferenced twice, the first time earlier in the instructions, and is correct. I found all those sections sucessfully...going through the manual wordlet mod thing install according to the text instructions...
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 3:02 AM
...and here's the second error, and the explanation for missing functions such as polls and recent visitors:

# find:

foreach my $file (qw(display misc email time search pm registration template_match wordlets wordlets_err wordlets_img wordlets_date)) {

# replace with:

foreach my $file (qw(display misc email time search pm registration template_match wordlets wordlets_err wordlets_img wordlets_date wordlets_mods)) {

...this is also not found. It is:

foreach my $file (qw(display misc email time search pm registration pntf poll template_match wordlets wordlets_err wordlets_img wordlets_date wordlets_pntf wordlets_poll)) {

...so your new code is based on old code.

Still say I installed it incorrectly? wink

Continuing...
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 3:08 AM
...and the next step is wrong too:

################
cp.cgi
################

# find:

wordlets_date)

# and replace with:

wordlets_date wordlets_mods)

also not found. It is:

wordlets_date wordlets_pntf wordlets_poll wordlets_email)
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 3:08 AM
This is going to come off as harsh, so please understand I don't mean it harshly. smile

Use your brain!

You've found the right lines. Now look what changed between the old and the new ones according to the hack, then make similar changes to the updated lines in the UBB.

If it doesn't look right, or you aren't sure if what you think you're doing is the right thing, then ask. smile
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 3:12 AM
i didnt think i could be any clearer than putting this warning in a few versions ago:

[code][/code]but i guess i was wrong.
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 3:16 AM
...and now it works!

Jordo: please provide a link to where this hack can be downloaded for 6.2.1 as I cannot find it. dont just say qasic or here, because I've looked.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 3:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bglynn:
...and now it works!

Jordo: please provide a link to where this hack can be downloaded for 6.2.1 as I cannot find it. dont just say qasic or here, because I've looked.

afaik there is no version for 6.2.1. the 6.1.x version go in with few enough changes, if you want it updated talk to the author.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 3:26 AM
I'll talk to qasic tonight about porting it. Shouldn't be too hard.
Posted By: bglynn Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 3:36 AM
Look man, I didn't mean to rag on you, but the fact is is unclear documentation. Just fix it, and it would be great! For someone with a stock 6.2.1 install, it just doesn't work by the book.

It would really help if you specified what the hack is called, since it's not called what you term it in the instructions and there are two available with very similar names however only one works...and that there isn't a 6.2.1 version out, but that's ok because the 6.1 file still works.

Since the manual instructions aren't updated in the ST instructions for the mod, you might include the version they are based on and a note to watch for additional commands when performing the Replace functions in the instructions.

I wouldn't have any problems with the way it is, if you didn't specifically call this version compatible with 6.2.1
Posted By: Saboter Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 7:01 AM
Why can't someone just update the wordlets mod hack? I mean it ain't that hard to do. As for me I don't know what to change I'm still learning this crap.

Also if your gonna release a hack, you should put the VALID and WORKING instructions not old crap that needs to be modified ALONG with everything else your modifing.

I'm not lazy or anything (I've been modding my forums by hand cus I don't like multihack) I just don't know exactly what to change and what to look for just yet.

If someone could update the wordlets mods hack that would be real nice to alot of us n00b "hackers" smile
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 8:30 AM
FYI - http://www.qasic.net/main.cgi?action=details;file=mod62
Posted By: Saboter Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/01/2002 12:42 PM
smile thats great. I finaly got it installed my self, but that helps anyone else that doesn't know what to do. smile
Posted By: The Red Devil Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/02/2002 3:32 PM
Nice. Easy to set up manually. And works perfect smile

Im wondering if someone can help me with one thing tho, when you make a topic sticky. You get the sticky as "Sticky:" would be nice if someone could tell me where this is changed. Cause I want to change it so it will be "post name (Sticky)"

Any help would be most appreciated
Thanks
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/02/2002 3:38 PM
public_forum_page.pl ($sticky), vars_wordlets_mods.cgi
Posted By: The Red Devil Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/03/2002 1:16 AM
Thanks LK smile
I got one more question how do you remove the ":" that appears after sticky ? Im sure this is a stupid question but I can't (edited a "t" to can't) seem to find out where it is located so I can remove it.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/03/2002 7:19 AM
Oops, I thought it's in the Wordlet...

ubb_forum.cgi, "$sticky = "$vars_wordlets_mods{sticky_threads_title}:";".
Posted By: The Red Devil Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/04/2002 4:03 AM
Thanks again LK
Posted By: Simkin Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/07/2002 1:34 PM
Might it be possible that the multihack file isn`t compatible with Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.2.0 Beta Release 1.0?

When I am analyzing the MultiHack file it tells me that step 14 cannot be completed due to some lines which cannot be found.

Is this common knowledge or might it be an error on my site?

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/08/2002 2:41 AM
Sounds like an error with your code, as I just analyzed it and it tests fine.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/08/2002 3:17 AM
might want to upgrade from beta 1 to the final though... or 6.2.1...
Posted By: Simkin Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/08/2002 4:51 PM
Tnx for replying.
I am unable to manualy find the lines mentioned in line 14 as well. I will upgrade the board and try again, most likly that is the issue.
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/09/2002 10:05 PM
Everything Hacked Smoothly. but when I try to "Sticky" something it says this:

FYI
I can't find template 'public_top_topic'.

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

I realy need this hack up becuase I am going to install the Application Forum next and it needs this so please help ASAP thanks!

~Speedy~
Posted By: Yamaha Raptor Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/09/2002 10:19 PM
did you upload public_top_topic.pl in your Templates folder?
did you upload it in ASCII mode?
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/09/2002 11:45 PM
ok stupid mistake from me i uploaded it, and I get to the next step amd it says this (after I click on pernemt and not temp.)

FYI
Invalid input! One or more items submitted in the form are not in the proper format.

» Please use your browser's back button to return

Please help ASAP

~Speedy~
Posted By: Chasm Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/09/2002 11:47 PM
Does this hack still render the option to create a new template unviable or is that fixed now?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/10/2002 12:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Chasm:
Does this hack still render the option to create a new template unviable or is that fixed now?

when did it ever do that?
Posted By: Chasm Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/10/2002 11:40 AM
Ubb 6.0 series
Posted By: Thorin Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/14/2002 6:52 AM
I have the Sticky working now but i tried to Edit an template style and i got this msg:

"You did not complete all required fields.
You did not complete: print_topic_icon
You did not complete: BBPoll
You did not complete: old_poll_folder
You did not complete: new_poll_folder
You did not complete: old_poll_locked_folder
You did not complete: new_poll_locked_folder
You did not complete: PollVote
You did not complete: PollResults
You did not complete: pollbar_color
You did not complete: ubbcode_url
You did not complete: ubbcode_email_url
You did not complete: ubbcode_bold
You did not complete: ubbcode_italics
You did not complete: ubbcode_ubb_quote
You did not complete: ubbcode_code
You did not complete: ubbcode_list_start
You did not complete: ubbcode_list_item
You did not complete: ubbcode_list_end
You did not complete: ubbcode_image

» Use your browser's back button to return."

But.. i dont have those fields to complete! And the weird thing is that when i am creating a new Style they are showed but at Edit Mode they just disapear frown frown frown

I need help please. Maybe some error at my update? I dont have the backup anymore frown
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/14/2002 8:16 AM
Thorin - if you recently upgraded to 6.2.1 make sure you uploaded the newest cp_ templates...
Posted By: Thorin Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/14/2002 9:00 AM
I did frown

And.. all the fields appear when im creating a New Style.... but when i try to edit (even this new one) they doesnt appear
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/14/2002 10:35 AM
there must have been some error in upgrading to 6.2.1. as it uses one file to generate the new style and edit style templates, it doesnt make sense that they would be different. try starting over with a stock vars_style_core.cgi and carefully redoing the hack additions, it is possible if something was put in the wrong place some parts might not show, though i would think it would affect the new style form as well...
Posted By: Thorin Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/14/2002 6:11 PM
Thanx Jordo but didnt work frown

But... i fixed it!!! laugh

I openned cp_vars_style_core.pl and cp_vars_style.pl and made a comparation btwn the 2 files searching for the lines that was missing at vars_style.pl copying from style_core and pasting into style_pl and now it is working perfectly!!!

Thanx everyone smile
Posted By: little_joe Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/15/2002 7:10 PM
Thanks for this hack, Jordo. It worked flawlessly on my 6.2.1 board. cool
Posted By: MasterBeta Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/15/2002 7:40 PM
Works great on UBB 6.2.1!

Thanks!

Bye,
MasterBeta wink
Posted By: Caspe7 Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/17/2002 10:37 PM
when I try to stick a topic this is what it says:

quote:
Invalid input! One or more items submitted in the form are not in the proper format.

Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/17/2002 11:47 PM
HybridPWF - that happens when you click the top topic button, or when you submit your choice on the top topic page?
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/18/2002 1:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by HybridPWF:
when I try to stick a topic this is what it says:

quote:

I had the same error and it turned out to be a missing "method=post". but i can't remember exactly where it was.
Posted By: Caspe7 Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/18/2002 1:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jordo:
HybridPWF - that happens when you click the top topic button, or when you submit your choice on the top topic page?

It happens when I submit my choice (out of the two)
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/18/2002 1:47 AM
hmm method="POST" is in the default template, so if it hasnt been modified it shouldnt be the culprit. though to check, when you submit the choice, on the page with the error - is there anything after ultimatebb.cgi (like ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=...) or is it just ultimatebb.cgi?
have you modified public_top_topic.pl?

also, does bumping the topic work? i assume this is a 6.2.1 right?
Posted By: U574 Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/18/2002 10:22 AM
sorry, post at the wrong topic.
Posted By: VFRDirk Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/18/2002 9:45 PM
I'm getting the same message:

This is the line in the 'Address' field on the browser (IE5):

http://bbs.balsamlake.net/cgi-bin/u...f=10&t=000033&type=perm&submit=Top+Topic

I had sticky topics hacked in before, but then I upgraded to 6.2.1. I rehacked everything (I was pretty careful, but it's still possible that I blew it somewhere) and recopied all the files.

Any ideas?

Dirk

P.S. Uhhh...I feel kinda stupid, but recopying public_top_topic.pl and clearing the cache seems to have fixed it. Maybe p_t_t.pl got corrupted in the FTP upload...

Thanks!
Posted By: Rens Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/18/2002 10:24 PM
Works great! Thanks!!
Posted By: Helen Nich Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/21/2002 4:20 AM
Ok, think I'm missing something or I am doing something incorrectly. (obviously)

I have a semi-blank page once I try to stick a message elsewhere. Sticking works...just one page doesn't. Also, in the CP I seem to be unable to update the vars_wordlets_mod file. I've checked, rechecked and uploaded it several times....

Here's the text that I have...(hope it's ok to post it here.) Is it a chmod issue? If I update with Qasic's wordlet_mod thingee...it works fine, but I can't seem to edit the file, upload it and get the cp to recognize it. Or....(I bet I am missing some line of text in another file that reflects the cp to update the vars_wordlets_mod file?

%vars_wordlets_mods = (
'statistics_days_ago_1' => 'This board was set up',
'statistics_in' => 'in',
'statistics_pntf' => 'Statistics',
'statistics_days_ago_2' => 'days ago.',
'statistics_average_topic' => 'Average Topics per Forum:',
'hit_colum' => 'View's',
'statistics_total_posts' => 'Total Posts:',
'statistics_posts_per_day' => 'Posts per Day:',
'statistics_on' => 'on',
'statistics_total_forums' => 'Total Forums:',
'statistics_monthly_hits' => 'Page Views',
'statistics_featured_member' => 'Featured member is',
'statistics_header' => 'Statistics',
'statistics_average_member_posts' => 'Average Posts per Member:',
'statistics_pageviews' => 'Total Page Views:',
'statistics_newest_member' => 'Last member to register is',
'statistics_total_members' => 'Total Members:',
'statistics_last_post_by' => 'Last post by',
'statistics_average_posts' => 'Average Posts per Forum:',
'statistics_at' => 'at',
'statistics_topics_per_day' => 'Topics per Day:',
'statistics_total_topics' => 'Total Topics:'
'sticky_threads_title' => 'Sticky',
'sticky_threads_detop' => 'Your topic has been de-topped.',
'sticky_threads_top' => 'Your topic has been topped.',
'sticky_threads_top_thread' => 'Top Topic',
'sticky_threads_detop_thread' => 'De-Top Topic',
'sticky_threads_top_perm' => 'Permanetly (until de-topped) top topic.',
'sticky_threads_top_temp' => 'Temporarily (until next post) top topic.',
'sticky_threads_explained' => 'You may either top the topic Permanently, in which case it will be marked as a topped thread and remain at the top of the forum listing until it is de-topped. Or you may top it Temporarily, in which case it will act as if someone just replied to it and be bumped to the top of the forum listing only until the next post is made (note: the date on the thread will not change).',
);

1;

Humble thanks for your help!
Regards,
Helen

http://www.dimhorizon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Ohhh...one more thing...I lost the Statistics tag on the main page in the process....any clue which file I've flat out messed up?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/21/2002 4:37 AM
this is your problem:
quote:
'hit_colum' => 'View's',
take out the ' in the middle there, single quotes are used as delimiters and having one in the text will cause the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file to not be read.

the statistics header is gone because of the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi problem, it will return when thats fixed.
Posted By: Helen Nich Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/21/2002 6:26 AM
Ok...changed vars_wordlet_mods.cgi to:

'hit_colum' => 'Views',

cleared the cache...
tried to update wordlets, but problem is still there...site still doesn't show the vars_wordlet_mods.cgi

Will try again tomorrow and restore to before I installed the hack. Then try to install the hack again.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/21/2002 6:54 AM
in cp.cgi it may have had you add a section with this text in it:

Code
[/code]which should have been 

[code]
Posted By: q_ware Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/21/2002 8:20 AM
Just curious

When we prune messages, will it also prune the sticky threads it they are too old?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/21/2002 9:36 AM
sticky threads arent treated as sticky threads when you prune them, so yes you have to be carefull not to prune them.
Posted By: Helen Nich Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/21/2002 6:37 PM
hmmm...
Restored my ubb to pre-sticky threads hack...
vars_wordlets_mods.cgi works a-ok... (both calendar and statistics hack work great!)

Rehacked the files to include sticky threads hack...then the same problem happens as before. (wordlets_mods not being recognized)

When I did the calendar hack and the statistics hack, I thought I put something in one of the files to have it recognize the newest wordlets. (Does this make sense? I'm not a programmer)

Any clue which file/s this is in? I'm going to search...but hey...this isn't my gift guys! I can do artwork...but remembering all the nuances of this is quite mind-boggling to me! *grins*

Also, if we already have the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi installed and have to update it manually....the txt file within the sticky post hack should be modified to reflect the correct text...Or am I wrong?
Code
[/code][code]
Also, I didn't modify the cp.cgi....(for this hack) Could you explain your earlier post?

quote:
in cp.cgi it may have had you add a section with this text in it:

code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wordlets_mod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

which should have been

code:

wordlets_mods

Thanks again...
Helen

(added some carriage returns to the code to reduce the width of this post)
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/21/2002 10:05 PM
cp.cgi should have been modified when you did the mod wordlets hack. without sticky threads, can you edit the modification wordlets in the cp?

also it doesnt matter if the format of the wordlets you add match the rest, when you update from the cp it will change them all to be the same format as other vars files.
Posted By: Helen Nich Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/21/2002 11:19 PM
jordo,
I used Qasic's cgi update for updating wordlets for 6.2+ Qasics 6.2 Wordlets Mod for Dummies *grins*

So...since my other hacks (statistics, hits, calendar)worked, I assume, it updated the cp.cgi correctly. (I didn't manually update wordlets...couldn't it to work..so I used Qasics.)

YES, I can update "Control Panel Wordlets" and "Modification Wordlets List" before I add the sticky threads hack, but not after. (Though, the only problem I had was with the Modification Wordlets List update function in the control panel. And this was after I installed the sticky threads hack.)

Hope this helps!
Helen
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/22/2002 12:07 AM
well i would say try adding it again carefully. it sounds like you had installed everything correctly except in that file - perhaps something was pasted in wrong.
also, it looks like you were able to update the wordlets once before they stopped working. so perhaps you added a character (such as ', though that shouldn't break it) that "broke" the file.
Posted By: Zackary Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/22/2002 3:08 AM
I've been running Sticky Threads mod since I saw the first version.

Recently, well last month, I moved on up to UBB 6.2.1 and put the then latest sticky threads on it. I didn't update to 1.6 version of Sticky Threads when it was updated, since, well hey everything was working, why temp fate? wink

ANYWHO... I had noticed something odd in that based on the age of the Sticky'd thread, new posts don't show up on the forum page, if your "show topics" setting is set to show posts newer than the last reply to the "sticky'd" thread.

WIERD. laugh

So, any suggestions there Jordo? Or am I unique in this particular problem?

I know it's kind of confusing, but I can't think of a better way to explain it...

Here's an example on my board.

Forum with sticky thread

You'll see the problem even if you are a Guest. Make sure to set your "show topics" setting to 10 days, it works fine if it's higher, because the last reply to that sticky thread was on 2/28/02.

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions. smile

~Z
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/22/2002 4:21 AM
Zackary - try this and let me know if it fixes it:

in ubb_forum.cgi, replace:
Code
[/code]with:
[code]
Posted By: Zackary Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/22/2002 3:49 PM
Woohoo!! Right on Jordo! U da man. laugh

Appears to be working like a charm now.

Thanks much!

So was this unique to me, or will this happen to everyone? Just curious. laugh

Thanks again!

~Z
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/22/2002 11:27 PM
it will affect everyone, but its fixed in the zip.
Posted By: Ian Betteridge Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/24/2002 1:17 PM
Ignore this posting - three minutes after posting I found the solution, which as I'd predicted involved me being stupid! Move along now.. nothing to see...
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/26/2002 12:13 AM
Link is dead, anyone have it uploaded somewhere else laugh

~Speedy~
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/26/2002 1:20 AM
link fixed.
Posted By: nac Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/26/2002 9:58 PM
gr8 hack. smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 03/28/2002 9:48 AM
Maybe someone has already posted it, but I suggest to add a default image URL if it's not set in the CP, to add a Wordlet for "Topic Bumped" and to move back to the topic. And XHTML: ubb_topic_maint.cgi has "&" instead of ";". public_top_topic.pl has "RADIO" instead of "radio" and "CHECKED" instead of 'checked="checked"'

And how about white images:
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Sarvoth Talem Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/02/2002 11:16 PM
link isnt working for me
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/03/2002 12:27 AM
thanks for the suggestions LK, all done, though your images are missing. tipsy

i was under the impression that the case of the values do not matter for XHTML purposes? that only the field name does. its so hard to break my pinky of its habit of pressing the shift key when i type html smile
Posted By: Sarvoth Talem Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/03/2002 8:59 PM
quote:
########in cp_styles.cgi :

########after:

ubbcode_list_end ubbcode_image

########add:

top_thread detop_thread

In my cp_styles.cgi, i can't find ubbcode_listend ubbcode_image anywhere.

This is an upgrade forum, and I used to have stickies on my 6.1 version, would that have anything to do with this?

Thanks!
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/03/2002 9:15 PM
should be right there in the big chunk right at the top of the file...
Posted By: Sarvoth Talem Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/03/2002 9:27 PM
quote:
# Control Panel - Routines for setting, managing styles

sub set_new_template {
local ($LastOne, $j, $lastnum);
local (*FILE);

# assign number to template
my @temps = &OpenFileAsArray("$vars_config{VariablesPath}/vars_style_sets.cgi");
my @reverseit = reverse(@temps);
$LastOne = $reverseit[0];
chomp($LastOne);
($j, $lastnum) = split (/|^|/, $LastOne);
$ThisTemplateNumber = $lastnum + 1;

# set/clean the vars ------------
my $Header = &SmallClean($in{Header});
my $Footer = &SmallClean($in{Footer});
my $HeaderInsert = &SmallClean($in{HeaderInsert});
my $html_extra = &SmallClean($in{html_extra});
my $body_extra = &SmallClean($in{body_extra});
my $language_meta = &SmallClean($in{language_meta});

# limit/eliminate/convert returns in some fields
$HeaderInsert = &LimitReturns($HeaderInsert);
$Header = &LimitReturns($Header);
$Footer = &LimitReturns($Footer);
$html_extra = &EliminateReturns($html_extra);
$body_extra = &EliminateReturns($body_extra);
$language_meta = &EliminateReturns($language_meta);

$CurrentTab = qq%$vars_wordlets_cp{style_settings}%;
&CPHeader;
&CPFooter;

#validate
my @ValidateArray = ("BGColor", "TextColor", "LinkColor", "ActiveLinkColor", "VisitedLinkColor", "TableStripTextColor", "TableColorStrip", "TimeColor", "AltColumnColor1", "AltColumnColor2", "CategoryStripColor", "CategoryStripTextColor", "CopyrightTextColor", "BBTitleFontColor", "FontFace", "TableWidth", "TextSize", "FDTextSize", "BBTitle", "BBTopic", "BBReply", "profilegif", "mailgif", "edit_icon", "reply_with_quote_icon", "homepage_icon", "forum_summ_on", "forum_summ_off", "TemplateName", "new_topic_folder", "old_topic_folder", "hot_new_topic_folder", "hot_old_topic_folder", "ubb_friend", "old_locked_folder", "hr_color", "TableBorderColor", "table_border_display", "new_locked_folder", "open_topic", "close_topic", "ubb_friend_mini", "move_topic", "delete_topic", "prev_topic", "next_topic", "user_ratings_1", "user_ratings_2", "user_ratings_3", "user_ratings_4", "user_ratings_5", "search_graphic", "priv_message");
&Validate(@ValidateArray);

this is the first parts of my cp.styles.cgi.. frown
Posted By: deathdealer Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/03/2002 10:12 PM
hello i installed this manually and everything worked right (until) i tried to top a topic this is the error i got. [CODE]Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text is:

• Can't open '/usr/home/web/m/mythikal/cgi-bin/Members/sticky/2.cgi'.

I was unable to find that file or directory. Please check the paths.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
    No such file or directory

now evedentally this is something that has to do with path names and where something is. i am figureing that i did something wrong.
and just need to know which file i might have messed it up on.

hello again i just rechecked to make sure it does not work and have a little bit of a good start.
1. when i temp top-topic whatever topic it works.
2.it just gives me that error when i try to permenently top-topic the topic.
Posted By: deathdealer Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/05/2002 4:27 PM
does anyone have a answer to this small but albiet annoying problem.
thanks.
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/05/2002 9:08 PM
deathdealer - go into your members dir and make sure there is a dir named "sticky". if there is chmod it to 777, if there isnt, make one and chmod it to 777.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/05/2002 9:22 PM
quote:
thanks for the suggestions LK, all done, though your images are missing. tipsy

i was under the impression that the case of the values do not matter for XHTML purposes? that only the field name does. its so hard to break my pinky of its habit of pressing the shift key when i type html smile

Static values, such as checked="checked" and type="radio", have to be lowercased. However, the values you choose, such as value="Testing Something", can be uppercased.

BTW, I think the images are fine tipsy
Posted By: deathdealer Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/06/2002 8:42 PM
thanks alot jordo.
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/09/2002 4:09 AM
One teensy problem. Just a bug really. On the page you get after you choose to top the topic I only see 2 radial buttons and the submit button very small, no text or other instructions. It seems to work fine otherwise. I can top and de-top any topic.

Where should I be looking?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/09/2002 6:52 AM
Galactic - check that the modifications wordlets hack was installed correctly.
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/11/2002 2:00 AM
Thanks Jordo, seems that the wordlets mod didn't take hold all the way. Fixed the missing stuff and Walla. there it is.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Miki_Mous Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/17/2002 10:59 AM
The link to download this hack isn't working.
somebody can upload it again?
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/17/2002 5:49 PM
Has anyone tried this out on the newest beta 6.3.x? and if so does it work?

Thanks.
Posted By: SirGrendel Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/23/2002 9:27 PM
Yep, works fine in 6.3.0 Beta 1.

All lines with "unlink" have changed slightly, but you should have no problem to find these.
Posted By: deathdealer Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/24/2002 8:36 PM
hello im reinstalling this in a earlier version 6.2.0 to be presice and got this for a error.
FYI
I don't know what template 'public_top_topic' is
which template should i look for to correct this or is this a simple this as i did'nt chmod a template??
thanks for any help.

nvm this question shocked it seems as i did'nt upload the public top topic.pl can anyone say doh!!!!
Posted By: deathdealer Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/24/2002 8:43 PM
and for the person who said that the link is down use this for the link.
stickythreads vers 6.2x from jordo designs
Posted By: Zarzal Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/27/2002 6:09 PM
this link is down too
Posted By: Zimbabwe Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/27/2002 6:12 PM
Yeah, I need that link too, upload it someone frown frown
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/27/2002 6:21 PM
www.lkubb.dns2go.com/stickythreads6.2.x.zip

It's not the newest version, but it's pretty new tipsy
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/27/2002 9:01 PM
all my hack links have changed, as the 404 on my site says...

LK dont distribute old versions tipsy
Posted By: Viper078 Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/29/2002 9:29 AM
Jordo check your PM's please.

Thanks
Posted By: caroth Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/29/2002 11:30 PM
Ok, I instlled the hack on 6.2.1.3 and everything shows up fine, but when I try to "top" something, I get the following:

[code][/code]I double checked the instructions and could not find any errors. Any insight?
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/29/2002 11:48 PM
caroth - did you upload public_top_topic.pl in ascii mode? did you modify it at all from the zip file? try redownloading the zip (from my site, not LK's link) and reuploading that file.
Posted By: caroth Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/29/2002 11:59 PM
quote:
caroth - did you upload public_top_topic.pl in ascii mode? did you modify it at all from the zip file? try redownloading the zip (from my site, not LK's link) and reuploading that file.

I downloaded the file from the first page of this forum, does a newer version exist? I did not modify it in any way and uploaded it in templates as asc-ii. I even downloaded the entire zip to the server (I own the win2k server) and transferred it.

The only other hacks I have are wordlet_mod and last post by in forum.
Posted By: MZ Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/30/2002 8:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
www.lkubb.dns2go.com/stickythreads6.2.x.zip

It's not the newest version, but it's pretty new tipsy

hm ?
and where to find the newest version ?
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 04/30/2002 8:45 PM
http://www.jordodesigns.com/

Ian
Posted By: [email protected] Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 05/27/2002 8:13 AM
Has the URL for this hack been fixed yet, i am in need of this hack for 6.3.0

TIA

Paul
Posted By: jordo Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 05/27/2002 10:57 PM
im having trouble with my host right now, use this address until its fixed for newest versions:

xx

Edit: jordodesigns.com is up again.
Posted By: Lee C Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 06/03/2002 2:09 PM
Anyone know where i can get this in Multi Hack format ???

I really don't trust myself cutting and pasting in note pad
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 06/06/2002 8:20 PM
Ok, I'm getting this error on 6.3.0 just after I try and top a topic.

quote:

An error has occured:

Can't localize lexical variable @topic_file at CGIPath/ubb_topic_maint.cgi line 241.

My line 241 looks like this..

local (@user_profile, @topic_file, @notify, $notify_wording);

any suggestions?
Posted By: Laura_ubb Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 06/08/2002 1:21 AM
Is this compatiable with 6.3?
Posted By: Galactic Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 06/08/2002 3:36 AM
Some have posted that it works fine on 6.3.x. I'm using JC's templates and that might be causing some of my issues with the above error. So, I'm waiting on Jordo to take a look and let me know what is what.
Posted By: mikeg001 Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 07/01/2002 12:25 AM
is there a multi hack for this ?
Posted By: OoBMan Re: [6.2x] StickyThreads 1.6 - 07/17/2002 1:36 AM
Tue Jul 16 16:30:09 2002] : "my" variable $get_minute masks earlier declaration in same scope at /home/oob/cgi-bin/ubb_topic_maint.cgi line 128.

This is displayed when I Top something or even when I try to delete a topic.
© UBB.Developers