UBB.Dev
Posted By: Bookie [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 5:22 AM
Mod name: Bevel Cells 2.0

Description: Allows you to add bevels to your table cells, operates through the control panel.

Created By: Bookie.

Compatability: Will work on 6.2.x

Demo: Clan 3:16 Forums

Download: Text File | Multihack File

Comments on Download: I prefer you use the multihack file, as it will save time, and there is a less chance of error. The download still only covers the forum summary and forum page views, and hope to have the rest of the views done by Saturday. smile

Note: Be sure to back up all files when installing. Enjoy! laugh

NEW in version 2.0: Basically a complete re-write. Now uses CSS allowing it to display properly in nearly all browsers. Also added options to turn off bevels for certain cells, and capabilities to adjust colors for category, table, and alternat column color cells. This is still very beta, and currently only covers the public forum summary and forum page looks, but other views will be added in the future.

Have Fun!! laugh
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 6:19 AM
Awesome, that is one loooong hack.
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 6:41 AM
Yeah, once I finish the topic page I will be making a multi hack for it. smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 6:48 AM
Nice one Bookie smile I look forward to the mhk when you get to it smile
Posted By: dende Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 6:51 AM
Whew. That is long, but also very nice. I definately will be installing it when the MultiHack comes out.
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 6:54 AM
Bookie never ceases to amaze me, clan 3:16's board was my inspiration from the first time I saw it last July. If it wasn't for Bookie I would probably have a stock UBB (and a lot more spare time).
Posted By: Variables Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 9:49 AM
In cp_add_new_template.pl there must be 2 x

&TBB;
print "

";
&TBT;

I can't find that lines.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 10:12 AM
Instead of cp_add_new_template and cp_vars_style, hack cp_vars_style_core.
Posted By: Variables Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 10:44 AM
Tnx LK, i've tried but in the cp there are now two bevelcell displays and if i fill them in, the cp refuses to update the new settings altough all parameters are there.
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 3:32 PM
Whoops, a little mistake at that part... instructions updated. Just rehack cp_vars_style_core.pl.
Posted By: Destiny_nova Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 7:08 PM
hmm... i'm having problem with this.... not all the pages is bevel out...

bookie - why don't u port over the 6.1 to 6.2... after all.. instead of all those steps... you only need to make 3 changes in 3 files and the bevel covers all pages on the board. IMHO i like version 1.0 best
Posted By: Cuzz Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 7:53 PM
great job Bookie! Thanks.
Posted By: stubbsy Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 9:52 PM
Nice looking hack smile

and very long laugh
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 10:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Destiny_nova:

bookie - why don't u port over the 6.1 to 6.2... after all.. instead of all those steps... you only need to make 3 changes in 3 files and the bevel covers all pages on the board. IMHO i like version 1.0 best

If you read whats new in 6.2, you will see that I said it doesn't add bevels to all pages YET. I released it early because I know many people were waiting for a version for 6.2. I could port the 6.1 version to 6.2... but IMO, 6.1 Bevel Cells isn't fully functional. Because it uses unapproved W3C tags, it will only display properly in IE browsers. Also, bevel sizes are not changable, and the bevel color is only one color, therefore probably wont match your category strip or table strip. Also I thought that bevels to every single table was a little too much, so in this version there is options to turn off certain bevels in different places. If you read the instructions at the bottom it gives temporary methods to adding bevels to other bevels. If you do not want to do that, you will have to wait until I'm finished and create a multihack for it.

You can go ahead and port Bevel Cells for 6.1 if you like, as it is hardly any work to do.
Posted By: Destiny_nova Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/25/2002 11:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bookie:
quote:
Originally posted by Destiny_nova:

If you read whats new in 6.2, you will see that I said it doesn't add bevels to all pages YET. I released it early because I know many people were waiting for a version for 6.2. I could port the 6.1 version to 6.2... but IMO, 6.1 Bevel Cells isn't fully functional. Because it uses unapproved W3C tags, it will only display properly in IE browsers. Also, bevel sizes are not changable, and the bevel color is only one color, therefore probably wont match your category strip or table strip. Also I thought that bevels to every single table was a little too much, so in this version there is options to turn off certain bevels in different places. If you read the instructions at the bottom it gives temporary methods to adding bevels to other bevels. If you do not want to do that, you will have to wait until I'm finished and create a multihack for it.

You can go ahead and port Bevel Cells for 6.1 if you like, as it is hardly any work to do.

i'll wait until you've finish the multi hack version ^^
Posted By: Nemesis138613 Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/26/2002 11:02 PM
on the statistics part of the forum summary pl the table all the way to the right doesnt have the bevel to it.

Average Topics per Forum: 0
Topics per Day: 1.333
Posts per Day: 3.667
This board was set up 3 days ago.
Last member to register is curry^man
Featured member is Nemesis1386
Last post by Nemesis1386 in Testing Sticky at 04:32 AM on February 26, 2002

That is what that side of the stats say. There are 3 tables total and when i got to the PL file it looks liek there is only the html for 2 tables it is wierd. Doe anyone have this same prob or does anyone no what i cand do? i have been looking forever on this one. Thanks. If ya need mroe info i wold be glad to tell ya.
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/26/2002 11:26 PM
I think it may be in ubb_forum_summary.cgi. Though I am not sure. Could I get a link to your forums?
Posted By: Nemesis138613 Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/26/2002 11:43 PM
Well it is a board for my firend that i am making which works with this monkey things i dont no about. they arent monkeys but they are something else. I forgot. She doesnt want me giving away the link because of security reasons with the host at the moment. www.biby.org this is her company that she has which doesnt have the board on it just yet but will be. I cant give away the link i am sorry. But i u need a pic o somethign i can do that. I already looked in the Stats hack. Does anyone that has the hack installed with stats have this prob too?
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/27/2002 12:57 AM
In ubb_forum_summary.cgi find:

Code
[/code]replace with:

[code]
Find all instances of that line, and replace all of them with the code given... That should do the trick.
Posted By: NeXeon Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/27/2002 1:13 AM
I get this situation after install the hack in UBB 6.2:

[Linked Image]

1.- The row that contains last topic is not beveled, only the date.
2.- The moderators row is strange.

Can anyone help me??

Thks.
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/27/2002 1:34 AM
hmmm... looks like you put the bevel part in the last post section. Upload you backups, and I will have the multihack done in an hour or so.
Posted By: Nemesis138613 Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/27/2002 2:11 AM
Yes same here but that didnt hapeen to the mods for me. The bevel for the time and stuff happens because they have it the back ground set for the hole box and the background set for just the font . i dont no why but it is wierd.
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/27/2002 2:30 AM
I found the problem, and it will be fixed once the multi hack comes out, but it is just for the last post thing... that other one is a mistake hacking I believe. smile
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/27/2002 3:17 AM
Multihack now available, view first post for details.
Posted By: omegatron Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/27/2002 8:50 PM
Are you going to have an actual text file that is readable?
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/27/2002 11:28 PM
Yeah I didn't have toime to make an appropriate text file because there were so many changes to the file and I had no time to make them in the text doc. Sorry. L I should have the fully updated file by Saturday, along with the rest of the multihack file.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/27/2002 11:44 PM
cool... we may try them out here then smile
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/28/2002 2:58 AM
Cool. laugh

Updated the text file, it is now readable. smile
Posted By: Variables Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/28/2002 3:57 AM
Great hack Bookie, but i tried a couple of times and i get this:

[Linked Image]

I can't figure out wich part i must change to make the cells look normal.
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/28/2002 4:17 AM
Are you using the multihack or text document?

I will need the source, if you could get it like that again, and save it as a html file it woould be easier to find the problem. Thanks. laugh
Posted By: L-1-N-K Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/28/2002 12:58 PM
Hi all !!!

Can somebody help me ?
how can i change this hack on Recent Visitors ?

[Linked Image]

Thanx !!! wink

Sorry for bad English smile
Posted By: Variables Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 02/28/2002 2:45 PM
Bookie, i give you an url, look for PM.
Posted By: Saboter Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 03/02/2002 2:04 PM
Okay found out what my problem was, and what might be everyone else that has their moderators all screwed to the left.
[code][/code]That worked for me so hopefully it works for you guys also.
Posted By: Bookie Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 03/02/2002 11:52 PM
I don't think I will be able to get the full multihack done today. frown Tommorow hopefully if I get time. smile
Posted By: Demolition Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 03/13/2002 6:34 PM
Help ! my mod column messed up as well and i done what Saboter told us to do but that never worked frown can someone help me out and i don't want to use multihack
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 03/17/2002 10:26 AM
Bookie, that is one sweet Multihack file! I love your sense of humor with it!

I only encountered three error messages when I analyzed the hack, and I was able to fix them by going into the edit, and then looking for similar code in my public_forum_summary.pl file (one of the errors came when it didn't recognized my hypercell hack; I simply added the bevel info after that)

There is the one error, however, that you told us not to worry about -- to install anyway. laugh

It's this piece of info:

[code][/code]Is this something that should be in the public_forum_summary.pl, and if yes, where should it be placed?

From what I can tell, the hack seems to be working flawlessly.

I need to play with it, though, before I invite the guests over. Think about this for a moment--I wasn't exactly sure what would happen with a bevel hack--so I initially did the style template with the numbers 30! eek laugh OOPS.

See, there's a reason for doing hacks in the middle of the night! tipsy
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 03/17/2002 7:03 PM
Bookie,

Is there any way of having a an "on-off" choice for the Bevel Hack?

I had to modify some of my style templates after adding another hack, and unless I put values in all of the Bevel fields, I would get the message at the end that I hadn't filled in all fields.
Posted By: Demolition Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 04/04/2002 4:51 PM
Where are you Bookie !
I have the same problems as the others (extra column and the black) and I really need it fixed but there is no way I am using Multihack.

Please help !
Posted By: WC Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 05/08/2003 1:50 AM
Anyone have a link for this hack ?
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 05/13/2003 1:36 AM
Does anyone have a working link to this hack, I'd love to take a look at it.

Thanks!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 05/13/2003 6:05 AM
hmmm... I might have it at work, not sure tho. I'm having a world of trouble with that pc and it's spotty if it'll work again smash
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 05/14/2003 1:42 AM
Thanks Allen
Posted By: WC Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 05/16/2003 7:09 AM
Thanks Allen smile If you guys manage to get a hold of it, let me know
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 05/21/2003 6:50 AM
Not on this pc... it might be on my other one smile
Posted By: WC Re: [6.2x] Bevel Cells 2.0 - 09/12/2003 12:18 PM
Any Luck ?
© UBB.Developers