UBB.Dev
Posted By: qasic [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/01/2002 6:07 AM
Hi folks,

Jimbo's Custom Statuss/Ranks available now @ http://www.qasic.net (PB 1.1 is the one you want to download)

Thanks to scats for doing the initial revision.

qasic
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/01/2002 7:29 AM
YAY laugh
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/01/2002 8:36 PM
Works well on a test site q, for those who already have the calendar mod installed, the first line you look for is:

$rating_line, $total_votes, $pm_link, %rate_list, @birthdayfields);
Posted By: Josh Chapman Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/01/2002 9:43 PM
aww thx man laugh
Posted By: U574 Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/01/2002 11:27 PM
i hack, upload. log in: Control Panel » Custom Status Settings and nothing come up. ONly these words:

Custom User Title/Rank for UBB5 by Jimbo.
Custom User Title/Rank Control Panel 1.1 Public Beta. © 2001 Qasic Productions, Inc.

do you know why?
Posted By: U574 Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/02/2002 10:21 PM
hummm? no one know?
Posted By: aleina Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/02/2002 10:45 PM
Thanks qasic - my board is nothing without this mod laugh

aleina
Posted By: Terminator_X Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/03/2002 3:18 AM
What the hell...

How come everytime I click on those mod links on your page Qasic that I get this Windows error message?

The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/03/2002 7:22 AM
U, upload cp_manage_custom_status.pl and cp_vars_custom_status.pl to Templates directory.

Terminator, if you're using Getright, DAP, or anything else, turn them off. If not, clear your temporary internet files and try again
Posted By: Terminator_X Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/03/2002 7:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
U, upload cp_manage_custom_status.pl and cp_vars_custom_status.pl to Templates directory.

Terminator, if you're using Getright, DAP, or anything else, turn them off. If not, clear your temporary internet files and try again

That's the first thing I tried. Still same thing. I'm using IE6.0 on Win XP.

As for Getright, DSP, etc. I don't know what those are.
Posted By: Tonycrew Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/03/2002 11:30 PM
I've installed this and all apears well in CP and i added custom titles due to so many posts, But nothing appears in the forums...?? The original Junior Member is still there.

Anyone know why please.

I have clean installed twice one with multihack and one manually.
Posted By: Terminator_X Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/04/2002 12:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Tonycrew:
I've installed this and all apears well in CP and i added custom titles due to so many posts, But nothing appears in the forums...?? The original Junior Member is still there.

Anyone know why please.

I have clean installed twice one with multihack and one manually.

Well I do know if you make one small typo when typing out that HTML code for your names or to show avatar images in the Rank Settings in your CP, it will not work. You might want to check their to make sure.

BTW you did clear your cache did ya? You have to everytime you edit the settings for the custom ranks to take effect.
Posted By: Variables Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/04/2002 12:58 AM
Powered by dcc scripts Terminator?

You mean the clockscript right? "This little script i've made a few months ago" LOL.
Posted By: Terminator_X Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/04/2002 3:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Variables:
Powered by dcc scripts Terminator?

You mean the clockscript right? "This little script i've made a few months ago" LOL.

Nope!!!

That is for my custom scripts only and my layout's JavaScripts/CSS I made.

Does it say Powered by DCC Clockscript? tipsy LOL
Posted By: ShadowPhoenix Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/04/2002 1:42 PM
*** I finally found the solution for my problem. I unfortunately tried to install version 0.004 instead of 1.1 due to a wrong click on the downloadpage. Sorry for any trouble wink ***

Hi,

I upgraded my board from 6.04e to 6.2.1. yesterday night. Everything functions fine.

After this I installed your great Avatar Hack which also functions great.

Now I installed Custom Status 1.1. and got a nasty problem. The first rank/title in each topic is "nothing" (I use the nothing-line which was necessary in the old version). After this one all moderator and admin title/ranks show up one posting later. This occurs in addition to normal title/ranks from normal members (therefore they get 2 ranks/titles/avatars).

I cleared my cache and set the config as good as I can. My old board 6.04e also uses Custom Title without any problems. I noticed that the custom files for ranking has been "assimilated" by the new version. There files don't contain the nasy changes. All 4 custom title files in cgi-bin contain the right data, but some members still get wrong titles/ranks (also avatars changed due to custom titles - but this should not be the problem).

Please note, that I have the German 6.2.1. UBB and had some problem in finding the code to hack in ubb_lib_posing.cgi (cgi-bin). I have a backup of this file to reverse any change. I changed everything as described in your readme and fit it as I thought would be fine.

It would be great if you can help me - thanks wink

***I forgot to post my UBB if you want to check out the errors:

Frontpage:
http://www.nogameover.com/ubb/Foreninhalt/ultimatebb.php

Example with wrong title (ShadowPhoenix is an administrator not a moderator, Ash2001 is a normal member and Lapras999 is a moderator - all titles and avatars connected to titles are on the next posting).

http://www.nogameover.com/ubb/Foreninhalt/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000611
Posted By: Tonycrew Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/04/2002 8:17 PM
Ok thanx but here's how i entered the custom ranks

1|!!|Atari User
20|!!|C64 Player
40|!!|C128 Owner
75|!!|Gloom Player
100|!!|CD32 User
130|!!|A1200 Accelerator Owner
160|!!|AlienBreed 3D Addict
200|!!|A1200 Power Tower Owner
250|!!|Amiga Freak
300|!!|Dam I Need A Life

When i installed on 6.04 it worked ok, just seems that nothing appears in the forums. I have cleared the cache as well..??
Posted By: ShadowPhoenix Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/05/2002 12:32 PM
*** I finally found the solution for my problem. I unfortunately tried to install version 0.004 instead of 1.1 due to a wrong click on the downloadpage. Sorry for any trouble wink ***

I cleared my cache after each update but it still don't work correct frown

My custom ranks in cp.cgi should be correct:

Code
[/code]Here is a part of my custom ranks override which contains the "nothing" (custom titles contain this line too):
[code]
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/07/2002 3:43 AM
Hi,

Please try re-hacking ubb_lib_posting.cgi and public_topic_page.pl again. I suspect it's just a hacking error.

qasic
Posted By: ShadowPhoenix Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/07/2002 9:56 AM
Thanks - now it works perfect. I was so stupid that I used the old Version of this hack (0.0004) instead of the new one (1.1). Now everything works!

Thanks for this great hack wink
Posted By: twinspin Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/09/2002 5:52 AM
I'll see if I can find this error message posted elsewhere, but since I didn't see it, I wanted to post it here.

After uploading the files and making the hack, I see the following errors when trying to set the variables within the control panel.

In the Custom Status/Rank Settings, I get this error message:

ERROR: does not exist. Unable to proceed. Use your back button to fix this error

In the Manage Custom Titles/Ranks Settings, I get this error message:

Can't open ''.

I was unable to find that file or directory. Please check the paths.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
No such file or directory

I thought I've uploaded all the right files to the right directories and set permissions properly.

I did notice crank.cgi and cstatus.cgi are both 0 bytes and have nothing in them when I upload them.

Is there something basic I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/09/2002 6:56 AM
You probably left one of the fields in the settings blank. Make sure before submitting the settings that all fields are filled and correct.

qasic
Posted By: twinspin Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/09/2002 2:35 PM
You're supposed to do the custom status/rank variable settings first, correct?

That area doesn't appear to have any fields I need to fill in. It just points to file paths for both the cstatus.cgi and crank.cgi files (which look correct) and asks whether I want to use custom titles, custom ranks, or both.

When I hit that update button, I get that first error message.

ERROR: does not exist. Unable to proceed. Use your back button to fix this error

And in the Manage Custom Titles/Ranks entry boxes, I do have data in both before hitting submit and that's when I get the second error (reprinted below).

Can't open ''.

I was unable to find that file or directory. Please check the paths.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
No such file or directory

---
Oh, and I also notice that it has wiped out all of my old existing basic titles, like moderator, administrator, visitor, respected member, etc. They are all blank now.
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/10/2002 2:00 AM
quote:

Oh, and I also notice that it has wiped out all of my old existing basic titles, like moderator, administrator, visitor, respected member, etc. They are all blank now.

You re-uploaded the 0-byte files found in my ZIP file and this erased your previous settings.

Anyways, I looks best if I look @ this manually and try to fix your problem. Please send me your server details (FTP URL, login/password) to me via e-mail and I'll look into the issue ASAP.

qasic
Posted By: twinspin Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/11/2002 7:33 PM
qasic,

Thanks for the offer and help, but I've just decided to use the built-in custom title option as part of UBB 6.21. It's not quite the mass, automated service that your hack provides but it serves my site's needs for now.

Thanks again for your help.
Posted By: little_joe Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/11/2002 8:16 PM
Thanks for porting this hack to 6.2.1. Works great, users love it. cool
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/12/2002 1:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by little_joe:
Thanks for porting this hack to 6.2.1. Works great, users love it. cool

Very sweet! My community will go crazy over this hack when I introduce it to the main board!

Thanks, Qasic & Company!
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/12/2002 5:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by twinspin:
qasic,

Thanks for the offer and help, but I've just decided to use the built-in custom title option as part of UBB 6.21. It's not quite the mass, automated service that your hack provides but it serves my site's needs for now.

Thanks again for your help.

No problem. You had problems in the past due to incorrect hacking so avoiding my hack may prevent these errors smile

qasic
Posted By: GunnFixr Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/12/2002 10:17 AM
This isn't really a bug, but it is something that folks should be aware of. If you are using a 6.1 or higher version of UBB, and you have the "Master Switch" set on "both" in the Custom Status/Rank Variable Settings, you have to remove any titles that you have entered on the User Custom Title in a users profile before you enter the data in the Custom Status Management area of the Control Panel.

If you don't do this, the Avatar will not show, and any text will be doubled (or not show at all).

Just a friendly FYI - and thank you, the hack works like clockwork.
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/12/2002 12:25 PM
I installed the hack and in the CP everything went fine, but when I go to the board and clcik on a post to read it it says this:

An error has occured:

/mnt/web_a/d05/s14/a0009oct/cgi-bin/swfnetwork/ubb_lib_posting.cgi: Unmatched right curly bracket at /mnt/web_a/d05/s14/a0009oct/cgi-bin/swfnetwork/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 11, at end of line
syntax error at /mnt/web_a/d05/s14/a0009oct/cgi-bin/swfnetwork/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 11, near "}"

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

Now please dont say re hack becuase I have done this 3 timrd. What is wrwong?
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/12/2002 6:29 PM
quote:
This isn't really a bug, but it is something that folks should be aware of. If you are using a 6.1 or higher version of UBB, and you have the "Master Switch" set on "both" in the Custom Status/Rank Variable Settings, you have to remove any titles that you have entered on the User Custom Title in a users profile before you enter the data in the Custom Status Management area of the Control Panel. If you don't do this, the Avatar will not show, and any text will be doubled (or not show at all).
Uhhh .. NO .. this should not be occuring at all. I'll need to look into this issue once I get some free time.

qasic
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/12/2002 6:30 PM
Speedy,

Sorry but that is indeed your problem - incorrect hacking. Pay attention to where you place the code. After a bracket or before the bracket indeed may cause headaches for Perl.

qasic
Posted By: DrClarke Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/13/2002 7:23 PM
Qasic - I believe it was you, several months ago, that pointed me on the path of solution to this one.

Anywho, I just upgraded to 6.2.1 and I have everything back the way I want it, minus Avatars.

I want 'external' avatars that the end-users link to themselves. Befor the upgrade, I remember I was able to dictate size, so end-users couldn't put in huge avatars and screw up the layout (i.e., 65x65 for example.) And lastly, if the end-user didn't link to an external avatar, and the the avatar/image field, in the profile, was left to the default "http://" value, then it would link to a generic 'newbie' avatar I created. Does any of this ring a bell? smile (I hope I'm remembering correctly)

Yes, I am aware of your "exteranl avatar" hack. smile Thank you very much... love it. Now if I can just solve the last two parts smile
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/14/2002 3:09 AM
Sorry DrClarke, that wasn't me frown

q
Posted By: Corona Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/16/2002 12:20 AM
Thanks Again Qasic! Installed on 6.2.1 without any troubles.
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/16/2002 1:45 AM
Quasic,

Earlier today I created a Multihack file for this hack. I then installed it onto my test board (at http://adwoff.com/ubb-test/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi ) ... and it seems to be working.

I haven't uploaded the MHP, but if you'd like, I will.

I've decided to take on the challenge of doing some Multihack files to "give back" to all of you who work so hard on creating/editing the code.
Posted By: webwolfe Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/16/2002 3:34 AM
installed on my 6.2.1 effortlessly.

great job, thanks..

I recently upgraded to 6.2.1 from 6.05 and left the var files alone. Didnt lose a thing.
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/16/2002 6:56 AM
I've uploaded the Multihack file I created for this ... it's at http://adwoff.com/JimboCustomStatusRank.mhp
Posted By: Ziroc Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/18/2002 7:31 AM
I installed the mod fine, and it's my #1 favorite Mod for my forum! laugh

But, Below, you have:

--------Q. I want my Moderators to show up as Moderators ANYWHERE, not just only in the forums
in which they moderate. How would I do this with your hack?
A. In ubb_lib_posting.cgi,

find the line:
$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]) unless ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off");

and replace it with:
#$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]) unless ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off");

Repeat this once more. This will comment out the lines and make the UBB
behave like UBB 5.
----------------------

Now, I did a search for the 'unless' string, but it didn't come up with the 'unless' word. it was different. I was wondering if this was ok, or that maybe you forgot to update this part of the Mod--since it was at the end. If it's okay, let me know, and I'll go ahead and add it, but I couldnt' find 2 instance of that part of the code, just one, and without the 'unless' word.

Thanks for the great code work!!!
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/18/2002 9:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ADWOFF:
I've uploaded the Multihack file I created for this ... it's at http://adwoff.com/JimboCustomStatusRank.mhp

Thanks for providing this service for other users!

qasic
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/18/2002 9:52 PM
Ziroc,

I'll look @ this error as soon as I can.

qasic
Posted By: PokeDigi Genius Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/18/2002 10:02 PM
I installed it, and it works great! Nice work, Qasic! laugh
Posted By: Jay Adan Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 03/27/2002 4:25 PM
Hello.

Long time listener, first time caller.

I've been trying to get this hack to work for me. I followed the instructions, uploaded, CHMODed, went to set the variables and I get a "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION" error.

Okay, this is obviously a case of permissions not being set correctly, right? Except that this isn't my first hack. I've done two UBB installs and about 5 hacks in the last couple of years. I KNOW to check the permissions on everything. I've double, triple, even quadruple checked the permissions of everything that I sent. I can't imagine what I might have missed.

Is there possibly another answer here that I'm missing, or am I just going nuts?

- Jay frown
I'm having a similar problem to what I think was a reported bug in the 6.1 version of the hack. On my computer, when I make mods, the member files are updated fine and the new custom mod rank works fine.

Yet I logged on to a school computer earlier today, browsed the forums and on some threads the moderator's still had a member status.. Will rebuilding the member stat files fix this or is their a bug in the coding somewhere..?

Thanks,
Oblivion Knight
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/10/2002 10:31 PM
When I install a hack, and I receive an error message, I figure one of three things has happened:

1. I forgot to upload in ASCII.
2. I didn't CHMOD the files correctly.
3. I installed the hack incorrectly.

Obviously the first two are relatively easy to fix. With the third, I examine each line of code I was supposed to hack and make sure that it was the way it was supposed to be.

If I've gone through those 3 steps and I'm positive everything is set, then the obvious conclusion is that there is a problem with the code in the hack itself. Posting here is one way to get to the bottom of that. laugh

I've gone through this convoluted explanation to just say that I've been able to install this hack to my 6.2.1.1 board, and it's been working like a charm ever since.

So, did you try to install this with the Multihack file I created? If that's the case, maybe a line of code wasn't found (because of a hack applied previously). If you tried to install it by hand, give the Multihack file a shot.

If you've done all the above, the only other thing I can suggest is to post the URL to your site so someone can go and look and see what is going on with your code. (Provided, of course, the hacked files are still online)
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/12/2002 10:22 AM
Sorry qasic, I'm stupid.. wink
I never read your FAQ part of the instructions.. However..

quote:
Q. I want my Moderators to show up as Moderators ANYWHERE, not just only in the forums
A. In ubb_lib_posting.cgi, find the line:
$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]) unless ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off");
and replace it with:
#$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]) unless ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off");
behave like UBB 5.

I can't find that line in ubb_lib_posting.cgi before or after the hack is installed. Was the FAQ written for the 6.1 version of the hack because you may want to update it.. In fact, I want you to update it!!! wink

Thanks,
Oblivion Knight
Posted By: SirGrendel Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/17/2002 1:51 AM
This is one hack my users yell for. Will it be ported to 6.3.x?
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/19/2002 8:29 AM
6.3.x has already the jist of it - up to 15 custom levels are available in UBB 6.3.x.

qasic
Posted By: Miki_Mous Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/21/2002 2:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion Knight:
Sorry qasic, I'm stupid.. wink
I never read your FAQ part of the instructions.. However..

quote:
Q. I want my Moderators to show up as Moderators ANYWHERE, not just only in the forums
A. In ubb_lib_posting.cgi, find the line:
and replace it with:
behave like UBB 5.

I can't find that line in ubb_lib_posting.cgi before or after the hack is installed. Was the FAQ written for the 6.1 version of the hack because you may want to update it.. In fact, I want you to update it!!! wink

Thanks,
Oblivion Knight

I have this problem too.
I'll realy appriciate it if you can tell us what to do about it.
Posted By: Olliey2k Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/21/2002 3:24 PM
Is there any way of overwriting the custom title with the custom rank instead of showing both? Because i just want them to show the custom rank, not the custom title that they set in their profile
Posted By: Miki_Mous Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/21/2002 4:54 PM
I think I got the problem! smile
========================
open ubb_lib_posting.cgi
========================
Find:
$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]);

Replace with:
#$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]);

===============================================

To me it worked.

Hope that helped.
Posted By: SirGrendel Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/21/2002 10:12 PM
quote:
6.3.x has already the jist of it - up to 15 custom levels are available in UBB 6.3.x.

qasic

But not the same as the hack. In the hack I could give special members a special rank. Or was that another Rank/Status-Hack?
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/21/2002 11:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SirGrendel:
quote:

qasic

But not the same as the hack. In the hack I could give special members a special rank. Or was that another Rank/Status-Hack?
Sure that's possible. Goto the Member's Profile in the CONTROL PANEL (from cp.cgi). Type in his/her custom title. Done.

qasic
Posted By: SirGrendel Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/22/2002 11:59 AM
Oh, I, err. *blush*
I hope noone reads this. laugh
Thank you!
Posted By: qasic Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 04/23/2002 4:26 AM
No problem. That feature is pretty well hidden so you're not alone smile

qasic
Posted By: deathdealer Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 05/13/2002 11:52 PM
hi im using 6.2.0 and tried to install this all went fine cept nothing shows up for either ranks or titles. they are still same as the ones i set up when i first config'ed the board, it says in your directions that if you are using 6.2x then u will have to do some modifications. any hint what those mods would curtail.
Posted By: SirGrendel Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 05/28/2002 5:19 PM
quote:
That works well in 6.3, as you mentioned. But in your hack, I could give members a second title (so all my mods got "Team" as a line under their status), which is not working in 6.3 - this litte modification is what I need smile
Posted By: DTM85 Re: [6.2x] Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks - 11/20/2002 5:33 PM
Is there a way to get my user control their own custom STATUS, using this hack?

I use UBB 6.2.1 and it would be great not to use other hacks... help
© UBB.Developers