UBB.Dev
Posted By: Jbeset [6.2x] CP Guardian - 03/02/2002 1:19 PM
This is a little hack i made for the Ubb 6.0x series cause i had some ppl who could login into my control panel...still don't know how they did it but it ended after i made it for 6.0x

Now MR psycho and me ported it to 6.2x so enjoy!

Name: CP Guardian

What does it do: Guards your CP with a anti hack message. It also makes a new Login page!

Link: Download

Needed things: UBB™ 6.2.0 or higher
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2x] CP Guardian - 03/02/2002 1:43 PM
Benodigheden? wink

Anyway, they got your/any other admin's password, that's how they did it. Sometimes it's easier to find a URL than to find a password, so the best thing to do is just to choose a hard-to-guess pass.
Posted By: Jbeset Re: [6.2x] CP Guardian - 03/02/2002 1:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Benodigheden? wink

Anyway, they got your/any other admin's password, that's how they did it. Sometimes it's easier to find a URL than to find a password, so the best thing to do is just to choose a hard-to-guess pass.

Yeah i know. But i had about 50 different passwords...
Benodigheden=needed things wink

Its dutch
Posted By: Mystik Gotan Re: [6.2x] CP Guardian - 03/02/2002 2:06 PM
Benodigheden = what you need smile (it's dutch tipsy )

However, I'll try this hack, JB, must have been a lot of work to port it to 6.2.x tipsy
Posted By: Trust Re: [6.2x] CP Guardian - 03/02/2002 2:16 PM
I test the hack and it works in my eyes. Its a funny hack laugh
Posted By: Saboter Re: [6.2x] CP Guardian - 03/02/2002 3:03 PM
[Anti-hacker hack v1.0] :þ

#1.
Make sure you delete user admin5 AFTER makeing another name admin, or change the password and name in the member file it's self(usualy 0000001 or whatever).

#2.
If they can find your members directory they can get your passwords. Suggestion: hard to guess name for members folder.

If it's an easy password they can just run a brute force program on it and find it. (in most scenarios that is) Suggestion: hard to guess pass/name. (since in 6.2.x you can change your displayed name it shouldn't matter what your login name is wink )
Posted By: Dave2 Re: [6.2x] CP Guardian - 03/04/2002 9:15 PM
Admin5? That was ages ago laugh .

No such thing any more cool
Posted By: Simkin Re: [6.2x] CP Guardian - 03/14/2002 6:15 PM
Works fine, tnx smile
Posted By: Consolefreak Re: [6.2x] CP Guardian - 03/26/2002 8:53 PM
Great idea, but its hackable, i want to add something, how to hack this hack volume 1.1 laugh

---

goto another boards CP, like this board, copy the complete source but ONLY edit one sentence; the one who links to the board (cp.cgi) and change it to another, and you got a login page for you laugh , so this hack has less use!!! altough, its a good idea to make another CP!!!
© UBB.Developers