UBB.Dev
Name: Jimbo's Custom Status/Ranks Hack 1.1

Requirements: UBB 6.1 PB 1 or higher

Purpose:

* unlimited ranks
* unlimited custom titles

Improvements Over 6.0X Functionality

* accesses database files ONCE per topic creation page
* uses binary search tree to find titles & custom ranks (much, much faster speed)
* automatic sort when saving ranks/titles
* killed the beleagured bug finally

Why Better in 6.1 Built-In Functionality?

* unlimited ranks
* more control based on # of posts for rank

Download: http://www.qasic.net

As always, bugs reports always appreciated here.

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: qasic ]
Great hack Qasic, I'll install it as soon as I do a few other hacks...
Thank You, Thank You!
Well, i have installed this hack and it seems to work fine, but when i update the ranks, i got an error message in cp_custom_status.cgi line 172
&StandardHTML(qq(Custom Status/Ranks Succesfully Set

Heading back to Custom Status/Ranks in 5 seconds ... );

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: [HF]Phoenix ]
When i click on "Sort Custom Titles", I got this error message:
You do not have permission to access this area.
/homepages/38/d19856222/htdocs/map-central/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/cp.cgi, 853
» Use your browser's back button to return.
HFPhoenix,

I suspect you didn't upload the new template that comes with this hack. The sort is now done automatically and you shouldn't see that option at all. Re-upload cp_manage_custom_status.pl to your Templates directory and please report back.

qasic
Well, i got the newest version of this hack, deleted the old template files from my webserver and re-upload the new ones. But there is no change. The "Sort Custom Titles" Link is still availble. And the error messages are the same too as before
Okay. Time for further debugging.

1) What's the URL to your UBB so I may check out the problem (your profile eventually links to a vB).

2) What is the e-mail you used to register @ Qasic.NET? (PM me with this privately if you don't want it to be known to th public).

qasic
http://www.planetboards.de

[email protected]
Hi,

It looks as if I'll need to examine your board privately to fix this. Can I get the FTP info to your board and an administrator's account there? You can either PM me or e-mail me the info. Thanks.

qasic
Problem solved (wrong files in the ZIP were the cause).

Problem 1:

quote:
This message will be gone by the time UBB 6.1 final rows around (it's debugging code put in by Infopop). It has no effect on the actual hack.

Problem 2:

quote:
Wrong template in the ZIP was the cause. ZIP files now have been uploaded.

Thanks to Phoenix to letting me snoop around his FTP to find these problems and allow me to solve them.

qasic
Thx man =)
Hey qasic, I have a problem with Custom Status.

I am using it in UBB 6.1 PB 1.4 and when I activate it, it doesn't allow anyone to view topics, topics get forever to load and they finally return a server error.

I hacked it correctly, I have experienced this problem with 2 different UBBs.
I removed the hack and now the forum work perfectly so I am quite sure that the problem is the hack.
Works great on mine.
Hypersonic, I suspect you installed this hack incorrectly. Not hacking this hack correctly can lead to very, very bad effects (i.e., infinite loops).

qasic
Yeah, it is quite weird, but it isn't the first time this happen to me, as I said before, it happened in two different UBBs (both were PB1.4). In the first one, it just got corrupted some day but this time it caused troubles since I installed it.
I will try installing it once again, but I am quite sure that I installed it correctly.

Could there be a conflict with the other hacks?
Thanks for replying Qasic.

Your hack is great, I used it in UBB6.04 too and it worked great. I really like it, so that is why I really want to get it to work.
This hacks requires me to modify 4 files:

ubb_lib_posting.cgi
cp.cgi
cp_common.pl
public_topic_page.pl

The problem should be in the first one because the control panel hacking shouldn't cause troubles into the topics and the public topic page is just a matter of adding an extra line.

As soon as I add the modified ubb_lib_posting and clear cache, most of my topics stop working. And then I am required to upload a clean ubb lib posting from the UBB zip to get everything to work again.

I know it is a quite weird problem but I am pretty sure that you are right about the infinite loop because when you click in any topic, it just stays like if it were loading and after a long time, it returns a server error.
Post your server configuration and perl version and url here for review. I'd like to review this problem internally.
Server information

Redhat Linux 6.2
Perl 5.00503

http://forums.oneminuteleft.com/ultimatebb.cgi

I am now using a clean version of ubb lib posting so my board can work correctly.
Tell you what. I'll do a free install for you of this hack and see if my manual instructions are causing the problems. Sound good?

E-mail/PM me the FTP and UBB info if you'll like me to install it for you (free of charge of course smile )

qasic

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: qasic ]
Alright wink Thanks a lot qasic wink I hope you will be able to find the problem wink
Alright, I just emailed you to [email protected]
Hypersonic's problems resovled. Most likely culprit was bad install.

qasic
Thanks a lot for fixing the problem qasic, you are great!

can you tell me what happened? I know I installed it right, i tried reinstalling many times...
So that was the problem. I guess you should add that to the readme so other people won't experience the same problem. Thanks for your support.
ZIP file updated. Thx to HyperSonic for allowing me to use his server as a test bunch. Just re-uplaod ubb_custom_status.cgi for the bug fix.

qasic
Qasic- I had the same situation as hypersonic- I managed to isolate it down to if I had more than 9 custom names for users it locked up during thread views (18% cpu utilization for one call on a thread- and I am the sole user of a 1Ghz T-bird)...
I'm going to redownload your update- double check my coding and see if the situation resolves itself...
I'll get back to you asap...

[ 09-20-2001: Message edited by: jlaine ]
Please do let me know how it goes. That custom names part was a coding error .. I attempted to optimize the code by removing too brackets thinking Perl's precedence operators would be from left to right but it looks as if some versions of Perl have direct algebraic logic so I put back those two brackets and everything should be fine now smile

qasic
I just overwrote the core files included- and it eliminated the situation- I have some 37 titles in there and it works perfectly so far-- I still have that odd error at the FYI screen where it forwards (/home/user.../cp_custom_status.cgi, 172) , but never states what the error actually is- it isn't buried in a table on that screen or in a matching font color is it?

Anyway-- on the mark of it stalling threads out--
you nailed that one without hassle... smile
Actually that means it worked just fine smile This FYI is the window when it successes, and it tells you the path because that's how this window works on beta versions of UBB (to debug)
quote:
wahooo.. smile I knew the FYI was the forwarding window- I didn't realize it was pulling variables as a standard thing... smile

Everything works flawlessly on this end so far then... smile
Hey Qasic, I keep having a problem with the zip file itself. I download it, and try to unzip it, but it says there is 1 byte missing. Not sure if you could fix this, or what, but I thought you would like to know.
1-byte error now fixed.

FYI, this hack IS compatible with UBB 6.1 Beta Release 2.1.

qasic
Qasic, great hack...AGAIN! I am, however having a small problem.

I had another custom rank hack installed, and removed it completely, so I don't think this would be the problem.

Moderators and Admins aren't showing up with ANY ranks. Not even the custom ones I set them as.

Thoughts?
I take that back. The only ones that ARE working for the admins and mods, are the admin/mods override titles. The standard ones are NOT working. Neither are the custom user titles. Could this be something to do with the admin/mod overrides? Even though their blank could they be overriding the others?
More information:

When I try to completly remove the admin/mod override text, it gives me an error saying their not filled out completly, and they need to be.
Code
code:

Just trying to help withe the final product smile
I think your ubb_lib_posting.cgi is casuing errors, as well public_topic_page.pl was not hacked correctly too I think.

qasic
I'm having problems with members showing their titles. It will only show their standard titles. Maybe something with ubb_lib.cgi?
ubb_lib_posting.cgi is probably the culprit in this case.

qasic
I rehacked ubb_lib_posting many times. I had the option set to custom titles only, when i got these errors. But when i set it too both(though i wasn't using the ranks), it worked. I don't know why though...
What sort of error did you get when you set it to Titles only?

qasic
Well, i mean that when i set it too only custom titles, it showed the standard 2 titles(junior member and member) and not the ones i set.
Is it safe to install this hack with 6.1.0 Final yet? laugh
I did a successful autoinstall.. Once i added my ranks and pressed submit i get a fatal error:

An unexpected fatal error has occured:

Can't open : No such file or directory
Here is the backtrace:
Backtrace: ubb_lib_filehandle.cgi:299 -> sub UBB::FileHandle::tracer
Backtrace: ubb_lib_filehandle.cgi:387 -> sub UBB::FileHandle::_open
Backtrace: ubb_lib_filehandle.cgi:67 -> sub UBB::FileHandle::_open_file
Backtrace: ubb_lib_filehandler.cgi:112 -> sub UBB::FileHandle::new
Backtrace: ubb_lib_files.cgi:501 -> sub UBB::FileHandler: shocked pen
Backtrace: cp_custom_status.cgi:158 -> sub main::WriteFileAsArray
Backtrace: cp.cgi:771 -> sub main::SetCustomStatusSettings

All the files were uploaded and cmodded... Any ideas? Im using the latest version of Ubb
Either one you have not put in the correct paths or two you have not copies c*.cgi from the ZIP file to the place you want to store the custom status.

qasic
I've installed on 6.1.0 Final (curiosity got to me smile ) and it works just perfectly for me. laugh

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: KC ]
likewise, running without a hitch on 6.1 final.
Heya Quasic, sorry for that post, was my stupid error. Im here iin Japan Airport waiting for a flight and working on Update to the never version of UBB. So my mind is quite out of it. I forgot to setup the primary settings lol... again sorry..
Hi everything works fine with this hack until
the title of the mods..

My mods are not shown in every forum as mod frown

What can I do???
Read the FAQ. There are instructions for doing that!

qasic
thanks quasic if forgot to read it... laugh cool laugh
Is there a chance for this hack or maybe for an alternative hack to let the users upload their images by themselves ?
quote:
Muc I think you are in the wrong topic smile

anyway, you could alway add a simple upload.cgi script that alway write usernuber.gif/jpeg would do the trick ans you would only have to edit wordlets
Maybe qasic provides a solution for his avatar hack...

Your solution sounds fine, but are you sure nobody ever did this before and can provide it?

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: Muc ]
Muc, use the Avatar mod, except do not install the mod on the CP where it puts in the Avatar menu.

I have it installed on a board I use. I just removed the CP part and they enter their image. It has to be hosted on the internet somewhere, but it does work.
qasic, I send you an email that 2 files are missed from the change.

I have manually changed them and sent you a new install cgi for you to review.

let me know what you think.
Thanks for the files. I already knew how to do it but I don't think it's really necessary. You free to put a link to instructions here if you like though smile

qasic
Would be cool if you could post the instructions John smile
Sorry I was busying fixing my server problems.

Muc, you got mail.

As for the missing code, I created a .cgi program that will install it.

Unsure of the rules here for posting, but since qasic said it was OK I will once my servers come back up.
I got your email but I thought you were talking about another thing as you actually did frown frown

In your version users can provide their own image by uploading it anywhere in the internet and then filling the location into the input area, but I was seeking for a mod which allows uploading a image into a special directory on my own server...

argh, anyone knows how to ?
Just in case someone else wants it.

This will use custom field 3 to allow a user enter their image and show on their profile.

The image just has to be one the net somewhere.

**** Important notice, if the server they host the picture is slow it can impact your server response time when view that persons post.

Well here it is.

public_display_name.pl

Find

$user_profile[18]

Replace with

public_topic_page.pl

Find

sub topic_row {
if ($alt_color eq "$vars_style{AltColumnColor1}") {
$alt_color = "$vars_style{AltColumnColor2}";
} else {
$alt_color = "$vars_style{AltColumnColor1}";
}

Add after
{
if (length($user_profile[18]) < 8) {
$avatar = "
";
} else {
$avatar = "
";
}
} # Avatar Routine (Thanks to CC & Curioso)

Find

Add after

$avatar

Hope this helps.
Well you could open 1 directory and allow anyone to ftp a file to it.

Of course that is a major security problem if someone uploads a virus.
Have you looked at ELys Upload hack.

It is for attaching file in a post, but could be changed to do what you ask.

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=30&t=000045
Chuck is working on adapting the upload thing to the avatar mod, but it seems to be to weird

besides: thanks for your work, if I don't get the upload thing workin I'll think of implement your mod
quote:
when can you post the missing code ?
think u can make the autoinstall for this work for XHTML templates?
Please ignore!

[ 11-01-2001: Message edited by: Canvey ]
I am working on trying to find the missing code.

I was pretty sure I had it all.

Did you install the full hack before making the changes?
I redownloaded the hack from qasic.net but the changes weren't made to the readme yet, so the profile still doesn't show custom ranks/status, even if I use your addition you posted in another thread. frown
It is working fine on 6.0.1.2 see my site .

And to be honest, this is my first time at using any hacks.

What problems are you getting?
Just wanted to see if anyone else has this successfully running on 6.0.1.2 before I try and install and muck everything up. smile
hmmmm...something is wrong with my control panel, when I go in there, it shows up internal server error...anybody know what's wrong
Hacking error. Re-hack from good backups.

qasic
An error has occured:

Label not found for "next THISPARTICULARLINEHide" at /web/sites/255/dreamcastdude/www.dcdojo.f2s.com/cgi-bin/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 3.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

I get that when I go to my updated profile, do you know which file I messed up on?
Any chance of making this hack work like with Multi Templates?
As I describe here!
https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=28&t=000183
ummm...ok now I did it and I get an error on that public topic page complaining about the $custom_status you are suppose to put in
Does this Hack work on 6.1.0.2 and what known Bugs are there???
Works perfectly on my UBB in 6.1.0.2 wink
Their seems to be a missprint in the Installation text file for UBB v6.1.0.3

For ubb_lib_posting.cgi:

Text file says:

FIND:

# get custom title
if (!$user_profile[31]) {
$user_status = &CustomTitle($user_profile[8]);
} else {
$user_status = $user_profile[31];
}

FIND:

# if moderator- only list as mod if actually a mod in this forum
if (($user_status eq "$vars_misc{ModeratorTitle}") && $Moderator) {
if ($Moderator =~ /$this_user_number/) {
$user_status = "$vars_misc{ModeratorTitle}";
} else {
$user_status = "$vars_misc{MemberTitle}";
}
} elsif(($user_status eq "$vars_misc{ModeratorTitle}") && !$Moderator) {
} # end mod check

In 6.1.0.3:

# get custom title
if ($user_profile[8] eq "Moderator") {
if ($Moderator && ($Moderator =~ /$this_user_number/)) {
} else {
} # end if
} # end mod check
} else {
} # end if

$u = $this_user_number + 0; # rid extra zeros from member no.
$member_number = "$vars_wordlets{user_number_abbrev} $u";

unless (exists($rate_list{$u})) {
($overall_rating, $total_votes) = &get_rating($u);
$rate_list{$u} = $overall_rating;
}

Looks like the install txt needs to be updated. smile

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Terminator_X ]
quote:
I figured it out. laugh

FIND:

# get custom title
if ($user_profile[8] eq "Moderator") {
if ($Moderator && ($Moderator =~ /$this_user_number/)) {
} else {
} # end if
} # end mod check
} else {
} # end if

$u = $this_user_number + 0; # rid extra zeros from member no.
$member_number = "$vars_wordlets{user_number_abbrev} $u";

unless (exists($rate_list{$u})) {
($overall_rating, $total_votes) = &get_rating($u);
$rate_list{$u} = $overall_rating;
}

REPLACE:

# get custom title
&RequireCode("$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_custom_status.cgi");
$user_status = &GetCustomRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]);
$custom_status = &GetCustomTitle($this_user_number);

THEN ADD BELOW:

if (($user_profile[8] eq "Moderator") && $Moderator) {
if ($Moderator =~ /$this_user_number/) {
#$user_status = "$vars_misc{ModeratorTitle}";
} else {
$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]);
}
} elsif(($user_profile[8] eq "Moderator") && !$Moderator) {
} # end mod check

# check to see if custom rank is overriden
$user_status = &GetOverrideRank($user_status, $u, $user_profile[7]);

I tried it on v.6.1.0.3. It works fine with no problems. wink
qasic

Not sure this is a bug, but one of my members is having problems with my board regarding the rank hack.

I gave her a custom rank and avator image. Problem is it does not show up for her account. Instead she gets the rank and avator icon for her post level, but here is the weird part. Anyone who posts above or below her reply gets her rank name & icon.

I tried clearing cache, checked all hacked files, etc. Nothing changed. No script error messages are showing either.

At a last effert, I had her start a new account and switch her rank level to that membership. Still same problem. It's like the poor girl been cursed. LOL tipsy laugh

Nobody is reporting this problem except her. Do you have any idea what can cause this? Anything will be helpfull. I'm out of ideas as it is. confused
Qasic when do you think you will have time to make a .mhk with this and WOL? Just curious..
im having the same problem in 6.1.3...i did what TX typed out and I get nothing for rank/status
quote:
Hmmm strange. Worked ok for me. confused
well i get the custom status...but no rank (with words or images)
Well I had only the ranks and such, not the custom member ranks.

But I tried it and I see what your saying. Hmmm I hope Qasic can figure out the correct code to enter for v6.1.0.3.

I'm out of ideas. frown
alright
thx for your help though
Works great on my 6.1.0.3, but I used Beyond compare to transfer my hacks over from 6.1.0.2.
Really? What is the code you have in your ubb_lib_posting.cgi?
works fine but i ahve ope problem that when someone posts and the title is long it doesnt stary on the proper lines. look in any of the posts at www.battleemcee.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi to see what i mean. how can i fix this? some one please contact me by email or aim on how to fix this.

thanks
excuse to inconvenience, but you would know how to tell me that happens, therefore I have this hack installed correctly at my forum, and I placed the stars of the hack " Stars/Status v6.0 for UBB6.1 " that happens that the stars the times not work other times. or be they are sometimes normal other times a moderator that was for being with a moderator star in it marries it is him with one of beginner and and so on.

Please help me.
I am seeing a little bug as well, it seems to work fine except it doesn't print the rank/etc in the first post in a thread.. all other posts in that thread are properly ranked, including the member who started the thread, just not the first post. This is in 6.1.0.3
I noticed it too. When I add ranks for members in Custom Ranks Override, it fixes that and the icons links show.

But it causes another bug. Anyone with the custom rank, shows the regular Custom Rank list instead and anyone that posted above or below them gets their rank stats.

Weird bug. tipsy

[ 12-06-2001 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Terminator_X ]
I have the same Bug Terminator_X... the guys that posted below got the custom rank eek
And i also have the bug that Allen describes with the first post of every page in the subject
I wonder if qasic is ever going to fix this.

Qasic!!! Where are you buddy? HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!
I have the fix for what was ailing me

6.1.0.3 (change this section of qasic's directions):

ubb_lib_posting:
find:
Code
code:

replace with:
Code
code:

find:
Code
code:

add this above:
Code
code:
Ahhh that's it. The last one was placed in the wrong area. There's your bug right their folks.
When ever i try to access any of the stuff for ranks in the CP, it gives me this:

You do not have permission to access this area.
help?
Did you modified all files? Did you upload and CHMOD:

cp_custom_status.cgi (cgi-bin) CHMOD 755
ubb_custom_status.cgi (cgi-bin) CHMOD 755
cp_manage_custom_status.pl (template) CHMOD 755
cp_vars_custom_status.pl (template) CHMOD 755
vars_custom_status.cgi (variables) CHMOD 777
cstatus.cgi (variables) CHMOD 777
crank.cgi (variables) CHMOD 777
crankma.cgi (variables) CHMOD 777
cranko.cgi (variables) CHMOD 777
I don't know if this is me or another bug.

AllenAyres, I did what you posted. But the avatars and ranks for my moderators are not showing at all. Only their rank text title.

Can you think of anything to fix that?
Yes i did Term,

see i have a test forum, i put the hack on it first, then if it works, i move it to my real one, on my test one, i am able to enter these things on CP, but when i moved the files over, it will not let me do things with it in CP.

Everything is the same, so i am confused..
nm.. i did something with cp.cgi
and it works.. i think...

well now it lets me in, but the ranks arent displaying. sigh..
I've tried the modification that Allen describes... doesn't work
Is there going to be a version of this hack where you can assign custom ranks and statuses to MegaMods..? Looks as though it can be done, but I don't know how..
I have a question -- is this hack the one that puts verbiage like Member under the names & the stars -- or is it one that is based on "rating" users?

Thanks for the clarification.
I'm know I'm not to bright but I installed all the files and my control panel seems to work ok.

Now, where the hell is the hack ? How do I get to it ?

Stop laughing and please answer the question.

Succorso
Try pressing 'Refresh'.

It should be in the Primary Settings tab to set up the vars option (the thing you need to validate the hack basically otherwise the UBB won't work). Then once you have done that, there should be another option in the Maintenance tab to configure your ranks. Good luck .

[ 12-14-2001 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Oblivion Knight ]
I had tried the refresh button.

I cant find anything under the primary settings to change.

Nothing appears in maintanance to do the ranks either.

Once the files were uploaded I did not see any change or crashes or problems of any kind. It kinda felt like I hadn't done anything. All the permisions seem ok as well.

The cp.cgi works fine but I will check the locations of the files I uploaded.

Any other ideas ?

Succorso
When I installed this, I got a weird error. Everything seemedto be "delayed" one post. The first person wouldn't have a title. The second would, but it would be the title that the first person was supposed to have, and so on...
Succurso - Re-hack cp_common.pl (Template). Sounds like you missed something from there.
AllenAyres

Your solution helped the bug problem, but caused another. The rank images for moderators are not showing at all on the boards they are asigned to.

Is their another solution to this?
Oblivion - I still can't get it to show up. I added a line in the common file to show the new addition to the drop down box. But, no luck.

Ahhhhh.

Succorso
I've installed hack v1.1 pb on my ubb 6.1.0.3 (of course with correction to the installation instruction from this thread). "Custom Titles" works just fine but "Custom Ranks" are not shown. Look like others have same problem. Did someone succeed?
I've been getting alot of IM's lately on AIM asking how did I get the custom ranks working on my board. Well here's a fix for you people running 6.1.0.3 that I found to work better and my board runs perfectly. You can view it at http://www.ultanime.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Anyways here's the link to the fix I did.
http://www.ultanime.net/temp/ubb/custom_fix_v6103.txt

Hope this helps people with 6.1.0.3.
That solves the problem for the moderators not showing their rank, but it starts the same problem again for the members with custom ranks.
Ok after a little tweeking and beta testing, I think I may have solved the problem. The second part of the script is in the wrong location since 6.1.0.3 rewriten it to another location. That is what is causing these minor errors. It's now working on my board, but I wanna see if it works for you guys as well.

This should fix and make both the moderator and member custom status work together and make them stop screwing with each other LOL.

Here is my installing for ubb_lib_posting.cgi

Custom Status Fix for ubb_lib_posting.cgi

NOTE: This fix is for v6.1.0.3 only. Other versions do so at your own risk.
Well done Terminator_X, it works perfectly now !
Ah, now I get it. In UBB 6.1.0.3 they threw in some extra code in the middle of the first block we had to find in ubb_lib_posting.cgi! Thanks a lot M_E_W and Terminator_X. It works perfectly at my board now.
quote:
Originally posted by PokeDigi Genius:
Ah, now I get it. In UBB 6.1.0.3 they threw in some extra code in the middle of the first block we had to find in ubb_lib_posting.cgi! Thanks a lot M_E_W and Terminator_X. It works perfectly at my board now.

NP .
Thanks guys. Hack works fine now. But I have another stupid question. Is it possible to get rid of "Member #xx" line while using Custom Ranks and Titles?
Well, as far as I understand it's possible with simple commenting out
[code][/code]
But I'm not a hacker so I'm wondering is it safe?

[ 12-24-2001 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Horilka ]
Just remove $member_number from public_topic_page.pl

You will probably want to remove the BR tag under it as well to eliminate the extra gap.
is there a hack to allow users to change their custom title in profile?
quote:
Originally posted by hackrme:
is there a hack to allow users to change their custom title in profile?

Use Stars/Status 6.0 hack if you want stars and more custom titles/ranks.
I am NOT using 6.1.0.3

But the ranks for Admins and Mods don't get displayed.
Normal users do get the correct rank.

I don't have any settings listed for the Custom Admin/Mod Rank Database or the Override Rank Database.
Only for the Custom Rank Database.

So something keeping the ranks away from me and my mods frown )

I didn't think I could use te updated code for 6.1.0.3 cause it looks so different.

Any idea's? (or perhaps a modified update like the one for 6.1.0.3?)

btw I am using 6.1.0.1 pb 1.4 (can't update yet)
Did you delete the part in ubb_lib_posting.cgi that only lists the Status as a Mod if they are a mod in that forum?
No I didn't.

Does that affect the rankings?
I thought that part would only control the status of the mod.

But the mod isn't the only one, admins don't get ranked either.
Perhaps the code only allows rankings for those in the corresponding fields.
That would mean that the selection between the "standard" and "Custom Admin/Mod Rank Database" isn't configured properly.

So even when the Custom Admin/Mod Rank Database fields are empty it still uses those for the ranks for admins and mods.

or the validation for those fields is not good and it thinks they are configured.
Sup Fellas.. Running an offline board on my comp.. (Version Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.2)

Installed the hack twice...keep getting this error now after I post...

Code
[/code]

Looked at the file..have this for the line which I actually inserted in there from the install file..

[code]

Any Takers?
Before that line you should have a &RequireCode("$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_custom_status.cgi");

qasic
[code][/code]

You need that code, it's not part of the mod check. It goes under where the mod check code used to be...
Thankz For the Reply... but no I have it in there already... Here's several lines...

Code
[/code]

Which came out of "install_custom_title_rank_v1_1"

[code]
This:[code][/code]

Is what I have in ubb_lib_posting.cgi

And then?
Hagar,

1) This hack requires UBB 6.1.0.3 release to work.
2) I've upped a new ZIP file to my site which should be compatible with 6.1.0.3 without MEW's modificaitons.

LMK if you have problems.

qasic
I got this working on 6.1.0.2 as well at 6.1.0.3...
Okay .. maybe .. but it defintely won't work on a UBB 6.1 beta release

qasic
Ok, too bad
Ahh OK.
And Hagar, are you sure you added the code I posted where the mod check code used to be? I'm sure it matters where it's placed. (Not that sure..)
Any thoughts aboout my last post in here?
nice

[ 12-30-2001 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Dark Assassin ]
DJSpellBound,

Have you tried re-hacking ubb_lib_posting.cgi with the new readme.txt instructions?

qasic
If you are implying about the new text file on page 8..yes just tried that after your suggestion. ( Or if you are talking about another one, Please point me into the right direction.. wink
No I'm not talking about MEW's instrunctions; I'm talkin about my own inside the new Jimbo ZIP file on http://www.qasic.net.

qasic
umm, I have a different problem. Custom Status/Rank Variable Settings wont save the settings. I've reuploaded the file several times and CHMOD it right, but it wont save! Thus it wont show up the titles for users when they post.
Sweet...........works now with no problems... laugh
DjSpellBound - glad you got it working!

v0id - do you get any error messages? have you checked your server's error log?

qasic
I get no errors in my server error log.
So if I'm guessing correctly .. you go to manage your custom status, you enter in some titles, and then you press save. No errors occur when you save. When you go back to manage them, the titles you had saved previously don't appear. Is this correct? If so, give me the full server path to cstatus.cgi and crank.cgi.

qasic
I go to Primary Settings >> Custom Rank/Title Settings. There I set up the file paths and all the other fields and click Save Variables. Then I go back to see if it saved but it doesnt save.

When I go to Manage Ranks/Titles, I set the ranks and it saves, but they dont show up when people post.

URL: http://forum.invoid.net/cgi-bin/crank.cgi and the other one is in the same dir
v0id,

Can I get FTP access to your UBB? I'll like to perform some tests. Please PM/e-mail me the required details. Thx.

qasic
sent
Hi v0id,

I've fixed up Jimbo on your site. There were two problems:

1) Your cp_custom_status.cgi was v0.0004. UBB 6.1.0.3 requires a cp_custom_status.cgi which is v1.1.

2) You had the star hack installed. I've commented it out inside public_topic_page.pl since that functionality can be incorporated directly into Jimbo's hack.

With the upcoming release of WOL into 6.2, I'm gradually dropping my support for WOL. Sorry for the inconvenience.

qasic
Thanks for fixing it.

Now anyone else can help me with WOL? I just dont know why wont it show on each forum but it does on forum summary.

Also, please check my post on the New members forum please, I really need help
Well the hack I did myself for ubb_lib_posting.cgi works fine for me. I never had any problems all this time. I do use v6.1.0.3. I doubt it works for older 6.1x versions.
Hi all,

Has anyone successfully got stars running with Jimbos? I have Jimbos up and running and its awsome (Thanks!) but I really want to get stars of some form incorporated so as ppl get to new levels they also increase their stars.

If anyone has had success, please let me know maybe how?

Thanks for any input

Rainner
Rainner,

You an incoporate stars DIRECTLY into your ranks. Just put the tags required.

qasic
Hi Qasic,

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry but I'm just learning and do not understand how to do this.

Rainner
Sure no problem. Let me give you a sample example.

Let's say your current rank set is the following:

0|!!|Newbie
10|!!|Level 1
20|!!|Level 2
30|!!|Level 3

For newbies, let's give them 0 stars, level 1 - 1 start, level 2 - 2 stars, etc.

Since we can use HTML inside the rank names (Newbie, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3), let's just put somg tags

0|!!|Newbie
10|!!|Level 1

20|!!|Level 2

30|!!|Level 3

(of course Level 2 could have a rank statement like this: 20|!!|Level 2
as well)

With the above rank set, you've achieved what the stars hack as done!

Questions?

qaisc
Hi Qasic

Thanks alot, this made it really clear and I learned a bit more.

Thanks again for your help

Rainner
great Job thanks
Thanks again qasic for this hack. I used it in ubb 6.04e and now on 6.1.0.3. Works great without any troubles.
Or... I hate myself - Qasic, you rock man, i just didn't read the rest of the readme file! grrrr, lol

[ 01-22-2002 10:37 PM: Message edited by: junglemonkey-aeon ]
I'm having problems with this hack. I installed it using the multihack and everything went fine, uploaded the files cmod them and then set it up with my own ranking system. Once i cleared the cache and checked the board all the previous ranks (set by ubb) had gone and there was nothing in its place frown . Can anyone help? my boards 6.1.0.3 and the other hacks i've installed are Preview post, Signature hack, Smiliemod and Stats hack.
quote:
I'm having problems with this hack. I installed it using the multihack
I didn't make the multhack version thus I can't support it. Sorry.

qasic
any chance you can port this over to 6.2?
I believe you can use this version on 6.2 without any problems. I haven't tried this out myself though (I'll try to do that this Saturday).

qasic
Hi... I´m trying to get my moderators to show up in every forum...

I installed this hack with the jimbo install file.

open ubb_lib_postings.cgi and find :

$user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7], $user_profile[8]) unless ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "titles") || ($vars_custom_status{status} eq "off");

I cant find those lines, but I find these instead

} # end if

thats the only line starting with $user_status = &GetStandardRank($user_profile[7

I´m running version 6.1.0.3
Hey, I'm running UBB 6.1.0.3 and I'm having a problem that didn't exist when I used your hack for UBB6x. Whenever I try to get into the two Control Panel sections it says that I do not have permission to access those areas. What's wrong?
Rodney, (I think) you should add this GetStatusRank thing, not find it.

Sax, rehack cp.cgi. smile
Is their going to be a release to support v6.2.0?

I tried using the v6.1.x version, but too many lines are changed in the new v6.2.0. frown
Yes it will be .. I'll try to get out a version by this weekend.

qasic
quote:
Originally posted by ironbrad:
any chance you can port this over to 6.2?

I fully tested it on a 6.2 and it works perfect , so no porting needed smile
I've tried a few times to install this hack, and every time I've got an error message saying 'internal server error' when I try to open the control panel. I've checked and it's seems to be something to do with the modified version of cp.cgi, but I don't know why it does this. Any ideas whats wrong? I followed the instructions as closely as I could.
Is there a way to have this hack working in Private Messages confused
what a cool hack m8
When I use it, it 'destroyes' my member rating, they disappear somehow, how can I solve that ?
Thx for helping me
I too have installed the mod with the same result
the CP change is in and all, but even after setting all that up, I get NOTHING under the member's name.....
OK, Seems that the specific UBB that I use required some changes. The changes were placed in a file NOT POSTED... everyone commented on em, but they never got actually POSTED here.
Now the user in question has moved on (and away from UBB) so the "fix" is gone frown
© UBB.Developers