UBB.Dev
Posted By: Outback2K1 [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 10/24/2001 8:37 AM
This is an adaptation of Leshrac's Preview Post hack that will work with 6.1

The actual code was not altered, but there were a few spots where number values were off a little (compared to what was already there), and I also added the code so you can choose which button it goes by (upper or lower, or both).

Original Thread (For 6.0): https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=24&t=000013

Download Link: http://members.aol.com/razorback423/ubbhacks/preview_post.txt

PS. Again, I apologize if anyone objects to be posting the modified code without contacting the original author.
You haven't XHTML'ed it yet. This is what you need to do:

Lowercase all tags - Close all tags -
should be

Quote all values EG: needs to be .

Hope you understand. smile
LD: He doesn't have to XHTML it, it's just a suggestion.
quote:
Oh thats all i need to do?

Okay I'll give it a shot. smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 10/24/2001 6:31 PM
Just a note that in lines like:
Code
code:
You can't use just '"' because of the 'message .= "...";', so use:
Code
code:
or
Code
code:

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: LK ]
Does this look right?
I made all the tags I could find into lowercase...dont think I missed any.

http://members.aol.com/razorback423/ubbhacks/preview_post_XML.txt
Posted By: York1 Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 10/24/2001 9:40 PM
Seems to work except instead of saying Preview in the button it sez Submit Query?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 10/24/2001 9:50 PM
Code
code:
BASE tag isn't closed.
Use:
Code
code:
Code
code:
Use the code I gave you above.
Code
code:
INPUT isn't closed, lowercase HIDDEN/POST... And what's that < before value?
Code
code:
Code
code:
TEXT/SIZE/MAXLENGTH aren't lowercased. And again, what's that < before value?
Code
code:
12/45 aren't quotted, VIRTUAL isn't lowercased...
There are some others...

Also, don't change the 'FIND' parts tipsy
Okay I'm fixing those, BUT most of your fixes are for the FIND lines, and the ones that are already there were the ones on my UBB, so I'm gonna keep the two instructions seperate.
quote:
Wasnt me...

quote:
I dont remember doing that...if it happened it was a side-effect of Mass Replace.

Okay I did all your fixes...I'm uploading the new copy. Thanks for the help, LK!

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Outback2K1 ]
Posted By: York1 Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 10/24/2001 11:09 PM
Any ideas about the problem Im having?
Posted By: The Donut Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 10/25/2001 12:24 AM
Sorry to be picky, but you might be misleading people by saying it's XML Compliant (Which it's not). It's XHTML Compliant (Which it probably isn't completely compliant yet, but it sure isn't XML). You might want to change that.

Just thought I'd point that out.
quote:
Sorry...for some reason I get them backwards sometimes...
quote:
Works fine for me...did you add the wordlets?
Posted By: York1 Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 10/25/2001 7:44 AM
Yup Im gonna back track thru and see if I can find where I screwed up
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 11/05/2001 12:18 AM
This is what happened after trying to add in the Preview Post hack. What should I do to fix it:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 11/05/2001 12:31 AM
Make sure you put this:

quote:
into vars_wordlets.cgi
uh yea when i hit either Preview buttons it just makes the post, it doent show me a preview

and also i didnt cross them the add reply or add new topic buttons also just post it as normal

i aso het this error when trying to edit my posts

Error
An error has occured:

/home/gamingsocietyx/cgi-bin/ubb2/ubb_edit_post.cgi: Can't modify subroutine entry in concatenation at /home/gamingsocietyx/cgi-bin/ubb2/ubb_edit_post.cgi line 429, near "qq!!;"

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

:::::::::EDIT:::::

ok i fixed that problem now i can edit posts but, the previous text does NOT show up for editing NOR do the message icons at all

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: ssilenthill ]
Posted By: York1 Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 11/30/2001 1:34 PM
Has anyone tried this hack in 6.1.0.3? Any problems?
Posted By: York1 Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 12/01/2001 12:14 AM
Ok after 10 beers i decided to try it and all went well Works perfect
Posted By: snip1er Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 12/01/2001 3:26 AM
I have this working on 6.1.0.3 with no problems.

I also have this in a MultiHack automatic install file for MK 2.0 which should be out of beta in the next few days. Once MultiHack 2.0 is released I will make sure that file gets posted here at UBBDev.
Posted By: Brett Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 12/01/2001 4:00 AM
Code
quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by snip1er:
I have this working on 6.1.0.3 with no problems.

I also have this in a MultiHack automatic install file for MK 2.0 which should be out of beta in the next few days. Once MultiHack 2.0 is released I will make sure that file gets posted here at UBBDev.
<hr></blockquote>

Make sure you have LK's fix on it.

Having this:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

instead of this(which is still in the current instuctions):
Code
code:
Posted By: hackrme Re: [6.1x] Preview Post 1.01 *Adapted to 6.1* - 12/31/2001 6:14 PM
ok I have a problem just exactly like Splitfyre, what's wrong I use the multihack and manual, and btw it shows that little button and then when you click on it it just post the topic and not preview it
© UBB.Developers