UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 9:30 AM
Name: DPK's SmilieMod.

Description: Minor update to 6.3, this will scan your graemlin directory, allowing you to choose which smilies to add. You'll also have the option of drop-down lists of your smilies, clickable smilies (a la default ubb), or a combo of both. Very handy if your forum uses many smilies.

Link: MultiHack File

Demo: none

Requirement: UBB™ 6.3
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 11:27 AM
Awesome, I've always used the old 6.1 version of the hack smile

Shame it's one of those again where I have to go and extract the hack for a .txt file.. I never trust MultiHack wink

Cheers,
Oblivion
Posted By: mark99 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 11:45 AM
Ditto, I like to add my own customisation and MH makes that so much harder. It can also screw up some of the changes you make.. v.annoying.

Please stop releasing MH only mods, please.. Do a text version as well.
Posted By: Josh Chapman Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 1:29 PM
Will try later and MH rules smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 1:32 PM
Mark, if that's your problem, just follow the steps inside MHK window, and choose to install only to get the extra files.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 2:11 PM
Will you end up Docing this AA?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 2:15 PM
I don't think it's worth documenting mhk files while you can just click on '>>' tipsy
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 2:16 PM
*Groan* Fine I'll do it by myself.
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 3:58 PM
I have extracted it into a .zip file with .txt instructions and graphics.

If it's alright by Allen and DPK I can upload it and provide a link for those who do not use MultiHack.
Posted By: Doublehead Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 3:58 PM
MultiHack always makes Windows crash when it´s installed and I think it brought a virus that makes the computer always dial-up for nothing
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 4:00 PM
Doublehead, MultiHack doesn't bring any virus for sure. Maybe it crashes old Windowses, but it doesn't bring viruses.

BTW, your sig image is 200x119, please make it max 150x50. smile
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 4:14 PM
Is there a way to get this hack working on the 'post new poll' page and 'post new calendar event' page? smile
Posted By: Variables Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 5:37 PM
A zip file with txt and images would be nice Oblivion. wink
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 6:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
I don't think it's worth documenting mhk files while you can just click on '>>' tipsy

I agree... you get a text file then ask one millyun questions about your install mistakes... tipsy
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 6:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion Knight:
Is there a way to get this hack working on the 'post new poll' page and 'post new calendar event' page? smile

Forgot about that... I'll update the mhp file for that soon.
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 8:35 PM
I don't see why I should be penalized because I prefer not to use multihack. Why is it such an issue to provide text instructions? I prefer having control over the install because my templates are extremely hacked and don't contain all the info that the mhk looks for sometimes.
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 8:39 PM
http://www.liberifatali.com/umbrella/ubbhacks/smilie63.zip
Allen and DPK. If you want this removed, just give me a shout.

Thanks,
Oblivion Knight

[EDIT]
The .zip file will be updated when the .mhp file is updated by Allen. laugh
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/23/2002 11:04 PM
Thanks OB smile

Everyone should understand that I'll be updating the mhp...

quote:
Originally posted by XPerT.x:
I don't see why I should be penalized because I prefer not to use multihack. Why is it such an issue to provide text instructions? I prefer having control over the install because my templates are extremely hacked and don't contain all the info that the mhk looks for sometimes.

No one is penalizing anyone... be my guest and make a text file. I worked until 3 am on the mhk, are you saying I should be penalized into less sleep so you guys can have a text file and then complain when you can't install it right? It's extremely simple to update an mhp to whatever differences you might have in your own files... that's how I got the mod from 6.1 - 6.2 - 6.3 status. I made the mhk for 6.2 but DPK never released it. If you must have a text file for any mods I release in mhk format, please make one.
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/24/2002 12:48 AM
I think it's great that you build the mhk files, it seems that the hack wouldn't get out unless you and LK are doing them these days. It just seemed that some negative comments were being thrown at the people that chose to do it manually, and I don't believe that I've been hammering anyone with stupid questions about these hacks.
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/24/2002 12:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
quote:
Originally posted by LK:

I agree... you get a text file then ask one millyun questions about your install mistakes... tipsy
but still some of us like editing files by hand to kill problems better or (like myself) dont wanna risk a auto install on ahacked forum, hmm mabey they sould put something in multi hack that will generate a text file.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/24/2002 1:23 AM
multihack generates text files tipsy

The way I do mhk's on hacked forums is upload the changed files and make sure it works before adding those changed files into the general collection of files I use for backups, this isn't any different than what you should be doing if you modify manually. The advantage of the multihack is that you can analyze the changes to your files before you even attempt the install - takes less than 10 seconds. If there are differences because you've already modified your files it's just a matter of tweaking the mhk in edit mode. As long as the mhk has been tested and passes on other sites, there's no reason to think your mhk is magically broken and will not install on your files.

I really don't think "highly hacked" forums will have problems with this mhk... very few mods touch that section of the templates. smile
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/24/2002 2:10 AM
quote:

The way I do mhk's on hacked forums is upload the changed files and make sure it works before adding those changed files into the general collection of files I use for backups, this isn't any different than what you should be doing if you modify manually. The advantage of the multihack is that you can analyze the changes to your files before you even attempt the install - takes less than 10 seconds. If there are differences because you've already modified your files it's just a matter of tweaking the mhk in edit mode. As long as the mhk has been tested and passes on other sites, there's no reason to think your mhk is magically broken and will not install on your files.

I really don't think "highly hacked" forums will have problems with this mhk... very few mods touch that section of the templates. smile

see that just shows how much i use it ? wink

multihack is a great thing, i agree, im just a old by hand kinda person ya know smile , i like to know whats going on, hehe, ive always respected the work of the hackers here, unlike anthor forums hacking site where you sometimes have to pay a arm and a leg for a good hack, its always been free here smile .
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/24/2002 4:44 AM
Give it a shot... you'll never go back wink
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/24/2002 8:35 AM
quote:
Give it a shot... you'll never go back wink

hack when i ran a 6.05 i did, on one hack, it messed up some stuff, i never went back smile , i dont mind hacking by hand at all.
Posted By: Variables Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/24/2002 1:07 PM
I even prefer to hack by feet instead of using MH wink
Posted By: Dave2 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/25/2002 3:49 PM
I would also -- personally -- like to see hacks with text files for a few reasons:

1) I have customised templates
2) I like to be able to tweak mods as I go along
3) I just prefer text files wink
4) I can't make text files, since there isn't a Linux version of MultiHack and that is my OS of choice.
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/25/2002 7:15 PM
quote:

I'm with Allen on this.

I take the text files and make them into Multihack files ... most of the time by searching manually for the "correct code" in the different files ... and cutting and pasting.

I also have worked the opposite way. Go into a Multihack file and find the code and search for it manually.

With my current board (which I am going to be upgrading to 6.3 SOON), I have a lot of hacks; so I had to use both of the above methods to find altered code, etc.

Then, as Allen has said, you can instantly test the code to see if it installed correctly.

I find it much easier to manipulate things with Multihack. Tremendous program.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/25/2002 7:44 PM
You guys are welcome to make text files. With up to 18 hours/day here, I really don't have time to add more to my plate. If you want'em and will update them... make all the text files you want smile I'll make mhk's for those who want them smile
Posted By: SirGrendel Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/26/2002 12:08 AM
Got the following error, when clicking on a smilie in the smilie-window:
[code][/code]frown
Posted By: SirGrendel Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/26/2002 12:11 AM
Sorry, found it. It has to be "replier", not REPLIER.
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/26/2002 12:21 PM
Hey Allen: an FYI -- in your Multihack file, you have two steps for deleting code in the cp_graemlins.cgi file

This is the code you are supposed to delete:

[code][/code]In your file, in the first cp_graemlins.cgi mod you tell it to delete this once; in the second mod, you tell it to delete it twice.

When you analyze the hack, everything's cool. When you install the hack, you get an error message. eek laugh

If you have a dupe mod in there, one needs to be deleted; if it's not a dupe mod, then something is out of step. laugh

I hope this makes sense.
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/26/2002 9:09 PM
Okay, I have a question about hacking the JCTemplates

In the public_new_topic_form.pl file found in the templates' folder, there are two pieces of code that must be hacked.

I checked the public_new_topic_form.pl file found in the JCTemplates, and found the first piece of code, but the closest to the second was this:

Code
[/code]This is the code I was searching for:

Code
</pre></div></div>And this is the code that I am supposed to replace it with:<br><br> [code]
So my question is this: do I replace that piece of code in the JCTemplate version of public_new_topic_form.pl with that code?

Or is that gonna make this too easy? laugh tipsy
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/26/2002 10:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SirGrendel:
Sorry, found it. It has to be "replier", not REPLIER.

FYI for anyone else, the REPLIER in the ubb_smilie.cgi file needs to be in lower case.

I also figured out the code in the JCTemplates--although I may have taken out too much! eek

Gotta investigate it.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/26/2002 10:55 PM
Thank you Sue - headed to an Astros game.... I'll update the file late tonight laugh
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/27/2002 12:36 AM
I went to an Astros game ... once upon a time. When they were still in the Astrodome!

I did figure out the code I deleted out in the JCTemplates. Everything's fine with that hack now! laugh
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/27/2002 6:40 AM
Enro... er, Astros Field is a much better ballpark than the dome... you are much more a part of the game smile BTW, Astros cam back from a 5-0 deficit and won 7-5 laugh

Oh yeah, mhp updated with bugfixes laugh
Posted By: Galactus Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/31/2002 2:16 AM
Question:

Why does the drop-down Smilie box work when placed above the message area and not when placed below it?

This code:

&smilie_generate("smilie_js");
&smilie_generate("smilie_dropdown");

...only works when situated above the message area? Why? I want the drop-down Smilie box to appear where the "Instant Graemlins" area is and I can't move it and have the Javascript for the drop-down box function.
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 05/31/2002 12:42 PM
quote:
Enro... er, Astros Field is a much better ballpark than the dome... you are much more a part of the game smile BTW, Astros cam back from a 5-0 deficit and won 7-5 laugh

Oh yeah, mhp updated with bugfixes laugh

How soon can I expect the addon for posting polls and new calendar events using this hack to be done..? smile
Posted By: Rock & Rye Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/08/2002 4:48 AM
This IS no doubt my favorite hack of all time. I have gained some nice features in the last six months but the version i had of this hack on i beleive 6.0 was flawless!!! Thanks DPK!

I'll get to the point wink

I REALLY want to get this hack installed. 6.3.1 seems to be the most stable thing i have run into since 6.1 or so.

I am running JC Templates which seems to complicate some of the hacks i am gathering....

Myself and my forum would really like this feature. Is anyone running it successfully with 6.3.1 and JC Templates? help

Great site and great work all!! thumbsup

It is a testament that i have been a member since last sept it appears when i started my board on a home server. It shocked me when i just posted a minute ago and realized it was my first post! eek You guys must be good laugh
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/08/2002 10:00 PM
Okay, I have this installed for the third time and I'm stumped. Everything works fine except that the smilies are all listed twice in the smilie_box. I changed the number of rows and columns but only the second set of smilies is effected. If I add or remove smilies both sets are effected. If I turn the smilie box off it disappears just like it's supposed too.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/08/2002 10:06 PM
hmmm.. sounds like something was added under instead of replaced, did you use the mhk? I may need to look for bugs then.

quote:

How soon can I expect the addon for posting polls and new calendar events using this hack to be done..? smile

How is that different OK from what's been done?
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/08/2002 10:40 PM
I get this in the first set when I veiw source...

javascript:void(0)

I get this in the second set, and this is the set that responds to the CP columns and rows properly...

javascript: x()

There is an obvious difference.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/08/2002 10:50 PM
Got a link? And did you use the mhk? smile
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/08/2002 10:52 PM
I fixed it, and anyone using the JCTemplates should take note. I had to remove the code from the public_common.pl file in the templates folder as well as the JCTemplates folder. It was reading the javascript code for the smilies from the regular one but getting the rest of the code from the JCTemplates version.

As far as I know that is the only thing being read from the standard public_common.pl file.
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/08/2002 11:17 PM
Sorry Allen, I used the text file because I changed the location of the UBB Code buttons.
Posted By: tommychi Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/16/2002 5:00 PM
will this work with 6.2.1.1 version?
Posted By: letimeric Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/18/2002 1:10 PM
Cgi-Bin
# - cp_smilie.cgi, chmod 755
# - ubb_smilie.cgi, chmod 755
# - vars_smilie_adv.cgi, chmod 777
Templates
# - cp_smilieslist.pl, chmod 755
# - cp_vars_smilie_adv.pl, chmod 755
# - public_smilie_legend.pl, chmod 755

can i ask, where are these files?, there is only a multihack file
thanks
Posted By: TorN Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/21/2002 5:25 PM
The Multihack program generates those files when you click the 'Install' button..
Posted By: TorN Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/21/2002 7:58 PM
Here is the text file version of this hack...Pay attention do details as this text file appears different than the hacking text files you're used to seeing..Will update when Allen updates the Multihack file.....

Download zip file: Smiliemod Hack

letimeric.. If you don't use the Multihack program you can get those new files and others in this zip..
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/24/2002 6:08 AM
Allen, et al,

I am trying to install this hack into my test site--which I just upgraded to 6.3.1 beta release 1.0 ...

I have been able to find most of the code, but I am running into problems with the public form templates (i.e. pm, reply, new topic, edit topic).

In the past, the code to look for was this:

[code][/code]I'm having trouble locating code that is even remotely similar to that ...

I've only installed the mods_wordlets & CP Mod Addon (think that's it!) hacks ...

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/24/2002 6:19 AM
Here's a good tip.

Wait for 6.3.1 final before fretting over this. It has a bajillion new wordlets for the cp, so a lot of these will need to be tweaked to be easily installed. I have already done maybe 8-10 already with our version of the final, waiting on the actual release of the public final for the last couple of buglet fixes to be included. smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/24/2002 6:19 AM
ps, I think it's being released tomorrow or the next day. smile
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/24/2002 9:17 AM
Also you will not need to go through all the reply/topic/pm files as it's all called from public_common.pl now.
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/31/2002 5:01 AM
I just upgraded my board to 6.3.1, and the hack doesn't install correctly. I've even extracted the txt file and tried to manually re-hack. But somethings don't exsist.
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/31/2002 5:07 AM
The code in the new reply, new topic, edit post and PM form is in the public_common.pl now. It is a trick but I got it to install and work correctly. I don't recommend my way though since it was pretty intrusive. The hack needs to be modified for 6.3.1
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 07/31/2002 7:11 PM
I'll do that late tonight, check it for errors, then move to finished smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/01/2002 8:39 PM
OK, I think we're headed in the right direction, if someone else could test this:

https://www.ubbdev.com/db/uploads/smilie_mod631.mhp

I have tested it on 631, it seems to work ok, tho I need to finish the wordlets before it can be considered "finished".

This now requires the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi modfication to be installed first.

Thanks to Charles for putting the instant_ubb_code block in one place smile
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/02/2002 2:00 AM
Well I installed it (Manually) and removing the previous hack. I've run into two problems. First, if I select a smilie from the drop down list, I get an error:
[Linked Image]
The Smilie Legend works fine though.

Second error I'm getting is where the Instant UBB Graemlins/Code list should be, under Preview, I get:
the_message &smilie_generate("smilie_box"); print <

Other than that, everything seems fine.
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/02/2002 2:40 AM
Try making REPLIER lower case.
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/02/2002 3:01 AM
The replier fixed the first problem, but I still have the second problem.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/02/2002 3:39 AM
I had to put the code back in the four templates (like it was before 6.3.1) and it worked fine. It took some tweakin' but it is possible.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/02/2002 5:05 AM
argghh.. ok. it's the javascript doing that. I am just about through with the wordletification. I'll then test it some more...
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/02/2002 7:36 AM
for the moment, I've restored the original code for that area, and removed the Instant Graemlin box from the Templete.
Posted By: snip1er Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/04/2002 6:14 AM
Any luck or usable progress?
Posted By: snip1er Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/09/2002 9:03 PM
Friendly reminder bump
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/12/2002 6:45 PM
got yer bump wink swamped here, will try to get it done tomorrow night smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/14/2002 6:58 AM
quote:

https://www.ubbdev.com/db/uploads/smilie_mod631.mhp
argghhh... this was a lotta work tipsy

OK, I believe it is working well now. I have tested this one on 6.3.1. It also has been wordletized throughout and xhtml'd. Test this one and let me know if you see any missed xhtml. smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/14/2002 5:53 PM
results?
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/15/2002 12:56 AM
Just upgraded the Smile Mod I had. I ran into one minor complication. There are some Cap Typos in the ubb_smile. I had to change "oneclick" to "oneClick" and "selectedindex" to "selectedIndex"

Other than that, I'm please to report it worked well. smile
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/15/2002 2:00 PM
I tried to add the hack to public_polls.pl and public_new_calendar_event.pl but both are causing me greif.. Once the hack is installed, the 2 pages look like this:

New Poll

Any ideas how I can get the hack working with these 2 pages..?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/15/2002 6:20 PM
FYI
Sorry, you do not have permission to create a poll.

Got a link to something I can see or a screenshot?
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/15/2002 8:06 PM
quote:
FYI
Sorry, you do not have permission to create a poll.

Got a link to something I can see or a screenshot?
Sorry about that Allen.. I've only been an admin for 2 days so I didn't know their settings ..etc.. for guests.

http://www.darkoriface.com/ob/screenshot.jpg

This is the same thing that happens with Adding a new calendar event.. no need for a second screen shot.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/15/2002 8:18 PM
n/p smile

so you aren't getting any smilies? what are your settings?
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/15/2002 10:15 PM
Guests must login before posting anything..
All that needs doing is finding out how to add the code to the 2 files as their codes are different and the same instructions don't work for them.. smile
Posted By: snip1er Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/16/2002 11:14 PM
I am geting a Java Error. The dropdown functions, but the error happens when you select something from the list....it doesn't display the graemlin like it should so you can't click and add it to the box.
Posted By: snip1er Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/16/2002 11:47 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/18/2002 12:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic:
Just upgraded the Smile Mod I had. I ran into one minor complication. There are some Cap Typos in the ubb_smile. I had to change "oneclick" to "oneClick" and "selectedindex" to "selectedIndex"

Other than that, I'm please to report it worked well. smile
Open ubb_smile.cgi, do a Find/Replace. Replace all instances of "oneclick" with "oneClick" and all instances of "selectindex" with "SelectIndex". That fixed my java problem.
Posted By: snip1er Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/18/2002 12:28 AM
make that onClick and not oneClick, right?

Thank you Sonic, now they can update the mk file and move it to finished and update the mk file page. wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/18/2002 12:42 AM
It's not the onClick part, it's ONLY selectedIndex. The onClick doesn't change anything, and actually, "onclick" is better.
Posted By: Sonic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/18/2002 3:39 AM
Thanks for that info LK, I was just comparing an older ubb_smilie.cgi to the current one, I was looking for case problems, and notice those two.
Posted By: Rock & Rye Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/18/2002 3:41 AM
Thanks again Allen and LK and all others working on this one!!! It is the most important hack of all time!!! Starting to see that it might happen again now!! Can't wait!! Keep up the good work!!

Go team Go!! hehe
Posted By: anon90 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/26/2002 3:16 AM
Hello,

I have set up a test board to check the installation of this hack on ubbclassic 6.1.3.1.
As this was a clean, full install of the ubb, and it was a multi-hack file I would have thought that it would be perfect. There are no other hacks installed on this board. When you go into the cpanel, the first thing I notice under the custom graemlin settings is that it is still listed as having a maximum of 25 graemlins, and that it does not display the workds dpk's smilie hack, nor do the links next to the >> to go to the advanced smilie setting show up or work. I have as a suggestion said changed the selectedindex with selectedIndex. I have the hack successfully installed and correctly working on a 6.3.0.1 message board, and do not want to upgrade to the latest board until I have managed to get this hack correctly working. When you go to post a new topic, the smilie box is there and the drop down box allows you to correctly select a smilie to use and then displays that to the right of the box. I can provide the link to the cpanel and username/password, but would prefer not to post the password here in open forum. Its almost as though a step by multi-hack was left out, yet I did not get any errors from multihack complaining that a directory could not be found. I have chmod the ubb_smilie.cgi to 755 and the vars_smilie_adv to 777. I really have no idea as to what may be happening. My icq # is: 15359024 if anyone is wanting to contact me regarding this.

Regards

Christopher.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/26/2002 3:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
It's not the onClick part, it's ONLY selectedIndex. The onClick doesn't change anything, and actually, "onclick" is better.
Going over this... is it selectedIndex or is it SelectedIndex

There is only one instance of it in all the code (ubb_smilie.cgi, line #151) so I am not sure why it would cause a problem, but I'll update it if I can get an answer smile

BTW, it works fine without (further) changes in the 6.4 beta I am looking at smile
Posted By: anon90 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/26/2002 5:21 AM
Hello,

Okay I finally found out what was missing, namely the vars_wordlets_mods and the fact that the instance of:

if ($vars_graemlins->{'custgraems'} > 25) {
&StandardHTML($vars_wordlets_cp{graemlins_too_many});
}
in cp_graemlins.cgi did not get deleted by multihack as it should have.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/26/2002 8:49 AM
Glad you got it working smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/26/2002 9:29 AM
"selectedIndex"
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/26/2002 1:05 PM
quote:
I tried to add the hack to public_polls.pl and public_new_calendar_event.pl but both are causing me greif.. Once the hack is installed, the 2 pages look like this:

New Poll

Any ideas how I can get the hack working with these 2 pages..?

Just a friendly bump.. smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 08/26/2002 6:42 PM
I'll work on that next OK as soon as I get bugs finished smile Shouldn't be too difficult. smile
Posted By: Myr Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 09/10/2002 3:24 PM
friendly little bump...

is this almost done? It would be nice to have to add the Halloween smilies...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 09/11/2002 4:50 AM
It should be finished (I uploaded a new copy of it). I haven't added the poll section tho...
Posted By: havoq Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/19/2002 8:08 PM
Anyone get the poll section to work yet? My poll part is still messed up!
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/20/2002 7:42 AM
I'd love to see this ported to 6.3.1.1
Has anyone managed to get it woring under this version ?

Cheers
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/20/2002 8:23 AM
If you don't mind mhp's wink , here you go:
Smilie 6.3.1

I've checked it against 6.3.1.2, so it should work fine for you smile
Posted By: havoq Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/20/2002 4:18 PM
Allen, what about the public_poll.pl I think its called. That file needs to be modified, else the tables and stuff get screwy on that screen
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/21/2002 6:32 AM
do you have a link to it and a test acct or screenshots I could take a look at?
Posted By: havoq Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/21/2002 7:45 AM
ok here ya go

Screenshot
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/21/2002 6:40 PM
hmmm.. ok, I'll work on it, might be a while tho. I'll post when it's done smile
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/22/2002 1:14 AM
Allen, thanks for the link, I'll give that a go smile
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/22/2002 3:28 AM
Ok Ive installed it and it all works fine. But I did find a problem in some of the javascript that didnt allow the previewing when a smilie was selected from the dropdown.
The line in the original code was
Code
sm_current = document.replier.smilie_dropdown.selectedindex;
I had to change the word 'selectedindex' to 'selectedIndex' (notice the uppercase 'I') for it to work. Might be worth updating the mhp ?

Cheers
Posted By: bizkit73 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/22/2002 7:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BassTeQ:
Ok Ive installed it and it all works fine. But I did find a problem in some of the javascript that didnt allow the previewing when a smilie was selected from the dropdown.
The line in the original code was
code:
[qb]
Code
sm_current = document.replier.smilie_dropdown.selectedindex;
[/qb]
I had to change the word 'selectedindex' to 'selectedIndex' (notice the uppercase 'I') for it to work. Might be worth updating the mhp ?

Cheers
Thanks for the fix. I would have never figured that out.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/22/2002 7:49 AM
No probs at all!
Posted By: havoq Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 11/24/2002 1:12 AM
ok thanx allen, let us know when ya get that file done! laugh
Posted By: Painfool Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 12/15/2002 6:41 AM
quote:
If you don't mind mhp's wink , here you go:
Smilie 6.3.1

I've checked it against 6.3.1.2, so it should work fine for you smile
In this MHP you have it looking for var_wordlets_mods.cgi and its varS_wordlets_mods.cgi in my vars directory?

Painfool
Posted By: Saturn_Kindred Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 01/16/2003 7:52 PM
I have this installed on our 6.3.1.1 boards and everything appears to be working just fine.

However I have a question, when you use dropdown box it just shows a list of the keystrokes in your post and not a way to select them to add them in your post. Is that what it is suppose to do? If so how would I make it act like the smilie legend where you select it from the list and it is added to your post.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 01/16/2003 11:28 PM
next to that drop down box, there should be a link, it links to a legend, which pops up a box with all the smilies, you can click on them and it adds it to your post.
If you cant see that link check your settings and makde you you have selected to show the smilie legend.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 01/17/2003 5:13 AM
in the drop down box, select the smilie you want, it appears next to the drop-down box... click on it smile
Posted By: Saturn_Kindred Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 01/17/2003 3:10 PM
Hmmm, will have to double check my code I guess because it doesn't do that.
Posted By: Saturn_Kindred Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 01/17/2003 5:15 PM
I used the multihack of this and had to only fix a couple things it couldn't find for some reason but everything was done just like the instructions said.
Posted By: DerryIrish Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 02/16/2003 4:42 AM
Hey guys we have a 6.3.0.1 version of the classic,i believe we dont need the multihack to add smilies as this is build in?

My question is how do we add more smilies?

If you wish you can contact me @

[email protected]
thumbsup
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 02/24/2003 6:06 AM
The .txt file link no longer works. Does anybody have a copy handy?

Thank you
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/02/2003 4:01 AM
Can anybody make a .txt file for me?

Thank you
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/02/2003 5:26 AM
DerryIrish, check your 'custom graemlins' link under the 'miscellaneous' tab in the control panel.

felix, I am not sure if I have a text file or not... if I do, I'll post it. You can always take a mhp file and export it as a text file if you want.
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/03/2003 9:48 PM
Allen, I looked at the MH file, can't figure out how do I export it as a .txt. I am not familiar with Multihack at all, never used it, I rather look for the codes and insert manually so I am aware of the changes made and therefore learn from it.

Would you mind how do I do that, if your time permitting?

Thank you
Felix
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/03/2003 11:33 PM
Here you go. Please note: you'll have to read an earlier post by me in this thread with a fix to the javascript problem in the original mhp file.

[code][/code]
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/04/2003 9:42 PM
Thank you BasTeQ

Where are the files added? MH will generate the files, as I read around, but what about this .txt file?
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 12:38 AM
Okay, I got it. But there is something I dont understand. this hack was supposed to enable the usage of the more 13 standard and 25 customs graemlins, right?

how do you get to use others?

Also how the Graemlin list is supposed to work? I only have an empty list even thou I am using the maximum of funny faces.

Have a look at THIS

there is something that doesnt work, I cant add new faces. frown
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 12:41 AM
it makes it so that you can add any number of them that you wish through the cp. You have to have them uploaded to your Graemlins directory however, its pretty self explanitory.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 1:55 AM
As Gizzy has said above!
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 2:05 AM
Now Bass, you're goinna make everyone think you're just posting to get your count up smile ...
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 2:40 AM
Heheh lol, well if ubbdev used my new hack then it wouldn't be the case, lol
Whopps up goes the post cound again, lol

Cheers
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 3:54 AM
Gentlemen, I might a little slow, but not completely retarded!

Something doesnt work! I cant add any new graemlins even though I have like 50 in my noncgi directory, the very same folder where the other (working) graemlins are.

That list I showed to you in my previous post, was it supposed to be blank?

Thank you
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 5:26 AM
Felix, no one is calling you retarded! Anyways as for your problem what version board are you running, I have installed it on my 6.3.1.1 board, id say it should be ok to work with 6.3.1.2 too.

What I can see on that screen dump you provided, see the text where it says 'Never will you have to hyper-extend your fingers to add smilies. Don't quote me on that.'
Then there is a broken link.

No that list should be populated with images found in your /ubb/gremlins directory

I think there may be something wrong with the path to your gremlins directory ? That would be the only possible reason the images are not showing where thet should.
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 5:54 AM
This might be a stretch...But didn't the original hack come with extra (.cgi and .pl) files?

cgi-bin
cp_smilie.cgi
ubb_smilie.cgi

variables
vars_smilie_adv.cgi

noncgi/Templates
cp_smilieslist.pl
cp_vars_smilie_adv.pl
public_smilie_legend.pl

noncgi/graemlins
graemlins folder with "null.gif"

-------------

I could be way off-track but Felix may not have these necessary files or as BassTeQ suggested didn't upload the smilies into the "graemlins" directory in noncgi or doesn't have a "graemlins folder.

If any of you need it I hope no one minds (didn't see a working link) but I've uploaded it in which you can find here:

[b]Click Here For Zip File Smilie6.3[/b] (w/Text Instructions)

smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 11:43 AM
Yeh, the multihack generates the files for you. I just wish that more people who do modifications would do text versions, you don't know how many times I've modded a board by hand using a multihack as a guide then didn't realise that I needed to generate the new files lol...

Thanks for the text instructions Prime, as always, I'm sure a lot of people will find it handy smile .
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 4:32 PM
Guys, HERE , this will show you my graemlins directory exists and I cant even load a face that is already existing in that folder.

I took the whole thing off, I will try PrimeTime file again, fresh.

keep you posted
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 4:37 PM
In the gramlins section in your CP you will have to add them in, they won't automatically be added. You'll have to set them up as say:

:santa: santa_wave.gif
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 4:49 PM
help
all of a sudden I get this message when trying to access mthe forum . This is very strange, last night was working, today I get this.

I removed all the custom graemlins stuff and replace the files with the back up files but I still get THIS

Please help!!!
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 11:38 PM
is that the correct path to your ubbcgi directory ? If not you'll need to modify your config, if it is, then is the file ubb_lib.cgi actually there, and readable ?
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/05/2003 11:54 PM
Err...NM. You've mentioned that you replaced with your backup files. tipsy
Posted By: Rock & Rye Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/06/2003 5:51 AM
Well not sure if this is the first time I get to actually help, or if I'm sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong but. I also had problems after installing hack on 6.5. Then I thought for a minute... reinstalled by first doing wordlets mod hack, then smiliemod hack. Seems to be working like a champ. Hope this helps.

BTW THANKS infopop for the stickys and PM notification!!!!!! Thanks for keeping me from having to invest in those vile scroundrels at Vbulletin!!! lol
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/06/2003 7:36 AM
hehe laugh glad you were able to get it working laugh
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/07/2003 6:43 AM
I wish I could hear you saying that to me Allen!

I cant get this thing to work! I have everything in place but I cant add anymore graemlins (over max 26 I had). I get the same message:

quote:
The file 'graemlins/yes.gif' does not exist. Please be sure you uploaded the Graemlin file to the 'graemlins' directory in your noncgi directory.
even though I have two sets of gramelins, one in /ubb and another one in /ubb/graemlins. frown

and the LIST is still empty!

Can anybody help me please?

By the way, PrimeTime, there is something wrong with your text, I couldnt use it. you are missing
the var_wordlets_mods.cgi code, public_edit_post.pl info is way different that the one BasTeQ provided , I couldnt find this code at all:
[code][/code]and other small things. are you sure this is for a 6.3.1.1? So hard for me as a beginner to sort these things out and find the working version.

I used your added files including vars_smilie_adv which I loaded in both CGI and Variables...still no work.

BasTeQ, if fyour file is right for a 6.3.1.1 where can I get the files that come with the hack? Maybe those are wrong? everything looks and works okay, except I cant add more happy faces.

Would anybody be so kind to tell me what is wrong?
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/07/2003 7:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Felix 10:

By the way, PrimeTime, there is something wrong with your text, I couldnt use it. you are missing
the var_wordlets_mods.cgi code, public_edit_post.pl
That's the hack version I used for 6.3 - 6.4 UBB versions. smile

That block code (in the public_edit_post.pl and other post .pl files) should transfer to this:

[code][/code]Create a "graemlins" folder in your noncgi:

ubb/noncgi/graemlins

and see if that works.
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/07/2003 9:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:

That block code (in the public_edit_post.pl and other post .pl files) should transfer to this:

[code][/code]Create a "graemlins" folder in your noncgi:

ubb/noncgi/graemlins

and see if that works.
I already did that Prime.

And I also, like I said, load up the graemlins in both directories:
1. /ubb
2./ubb/graemlins

nu work. any other suggestions?
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/07/2003 11:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Felix 10:

1. /ubb
2./ubb/graemlins

nu work. any other suggestions?
Umm...Both of the examples above are not:

/ubb/noncgi/graemlins (note the "noncgi" folder)

tipsy
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/07/2003 11:40 PM
lol prime, his noncgi folder is named /ubb/, example:
http://www.romanianational.com/www/ubb/

And he does in fact have a gramelins directory:
http://www.romanianational.com/www/ubb/graemlins

lol...
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/07/2003 11:50 PM
tipsy
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/08/2003 5:57 AM
Yes Gizzy, that is what I have been trying to explain all along. The root on my server is simple: CGI and WWW (which is my Non CGI)

If anybody wants to check things out:

login: test
pass: test

thank you and a good weekend everybody
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/08/2003 6:49 AM
Hmm...Your smilies drop down and legend do appear properly. Is it only in your CP that you don't see the smilies?
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 03/11/2003 7:16 AM
Prime, dont worry about this buddy, is not important any more. Help me out with the CP access in the other thread. Thanks for trying, really.
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/09/2003 6:42 PM
Here I am again...brrrrrr

In the "View Smilie Legend & More Smilies' java window, when I click on a graemlin it dosnt put it in the post anymore..somehow I lost that...

It works in the Graemlin window if I enable it ( when Graemlins show in the left table) but it would not work in that java window.

what would I check? I assume is somewhere in ubb_smilie.cgi

thank you
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/12/2003 2:12 AM
Felix, found the problem, open up ubb_smilie.cgi and search for the phrase
opener.document.REPLIER
and replace it with
opener.document.replier

Replase all instances of that phrase and that will fix your problem
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/13/2003 11:30 PM
YES! it did it.
thanks alot BAssTeQ.

would you know how can I put a hand on the cursor when mouse over the Graemlins? it shouldnt be hard, I could try myself, not sure where exactly and I am so afraid not to screw things up.

felix
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/15/2003 4:39 AM
Yeah thats easy, but Im not on my home pc, so I cant see the saource code for that smilies mod, ill look at it tomorrow for you.
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/15/2003 4:18 PM
sure, I will wait

thanks again
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/16/2003 1:58 AM
Ok in ubb_smilie.cgi
find:
Code
[/code]Replace that with:
[code]
Cheers
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/16/2003 5:40 AM
yes, that was it. This would only show the hand cursor on the standard 11 Graemlins, I had to add
[code][/code]in the other subroutine for the other custom Graemlins, no big deal.

thanks again BassT!
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/16/2003 6:56 AM
No probs Felix!
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/16/2003 5:43 PM
Mr. Code Fixer smile

one more little question. I added a funny face at that table, can you look at this code
[code][/code]and let me know why do I have a border around the graemlin? do I have a mistake somewhere or missed something? I wouldnt be surprised. smile

this is what I mean, see the border?
[Linked Image]

Thank you
Felix
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/17/2003 1:37 AM
Just change this:
Code
[/code]To this:
[code]
And that will remove the border.

Cheers
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/17/2003 8:31 PM
I was thinking to put "border 0" but wasnt sure why I have to, I mean by default logically it shouldnt show any borders unless you call for one, right?
Still learning, do you always have to mention "border=0" not to get a bordered image?
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: [6.3.x] [beta] DPK's SmilieMod - 06/18/2003 1:53 AM
Yes if you use a hyperlink tag around an image then you must specify border=0 so you dont get that ugly border around the image.
© UBB.Developers