UBB.Dev
Posted By: Roger Chiu [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/12/2002 4:33 PM
Change your board to a RPG style! This version will add money (posting) and loss money (delete post).

Name: UBB Money System v0.2

Required: Valid UBB 6.3 License, CP Mod Addon

Download: Removed. e-mail me if you still want

Future Plans: Maybe adding shoping items, battle or transfer money. tipsy

If you have any idea, leave here or e-mail me at WebMaster@RogerChiu.com
Posted By: LK Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/12/2002 5:25 PM
Great, now spammers are rich :rolleyes:
Posted By: Drake Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/12/2002 5:30 PM
Can admins take/give money to members?
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/12/2002 10:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Great, now spammers are rich :rolleyes:

y i never liked this verson of the hack. im doing one for my rpg system that dosent work like this one
Posted By: Roger Chiu Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/13/2002 12:45 AM
Admin can directly edit the Option field 4 in the personal file of the member in CP. Next version will add direct modify the money at the forum.

For my opinion, money system is try to make the user post more and to be a more active member. If you think increase money for every post is not so good, set the post and reply field at CP to 0 or 0.1. And add much more money when playing the game or battle with other.

At this moment, I don't think a script can detect a spammers. What will I do is add another hack which will check the posting content length.

And without money system, spammer still is a spammer. It is the moderator job to find them out.

It is only my first release. And I am not good in CGI. So that's what can I do at this moment. And this system is only a basic idea of money.

What I want to know is what do the member or admin want to increase / decrease money except post, reply and delete.
Posted By: axedup Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/13/2002 2:21 AM
Is it possible to install this on a 6.2 UBB? 6.2 doesn't have cp_modaddon.cgi, so I couldn't really give it a try.
Posted By: Roger Chiu Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/13/2002 5:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by axedup:
Is it possible to install this on a 6.2 UBB? 6.2 doesn't have cp_modaddon.cgi, so I couldn't really give it a try.

It can use on 6.2. The cp_modaddon,cgi is come with MOD CP Addon Hack. Download it at LK's Hack Page.

Or you can modify the hack to read it from your modification wordlet.

If you can't use it with MOD CP Addon, tell me again. I will modify it for you. smile
Posted By: axedup Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/13/2002 5:43 AM
Ha, I should have read the instructions just a bit better smile I'll try it out tomorrow.
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/20/2002 4:33 AM
I want some credit here im the first person to make a money hack for ubb. So in a way i inspired creation of this hack. wink
Posted By: RandyM Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/20/2002 4:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by eXtremeTim:
I want some credit here im the first person to make a money hack for ubb. So in a way i inspired creation of this hack. wink

You're kidding, right?
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/20/2002 4:42 AM
yes i am.

Im just glad to be back i know this hack was made after my site was closed down and this hack is not even that close to it.
Posted By: lekin Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/20/2002 5:41 AM
It can be introduced in the JCTemplates, or is necessary to change some thing?

Because my forum all this in it, and would very like to place such add-on in it.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/20/2002 9:06 AM
Tim, you never released it and he may have not even seen it on your forum when it was online. You can't just assumpt these things.
Posted By: Roger Chiu Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/22/2002 3:53 PM
Yes, I got the idea from Andy God.
I didn't visit so many ubb. Just only a few of them.
If my code is same as yours, I am so sorry about that. And I already stop to think about this hack.

In this moment, I had another idea. When the new idea hack is finished, I will post it.
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/22/2002 4:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by eXtremeTim:

OMG thats just pure bull****, u need some help in the head, you got the idea from vBulletin.

on a side note your the last person that hhas any right to talk about hacks begin ripped. :rolleyes:
This is most likely a dumb question but this is possible to make work on a 6.05 Ubb .... if not is there one already made i dont see it....
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/27/2002 2:27 AM
as is? no, it will not. id recomend upgrading to 6.3.x
Posted By: Drake Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/27/2002 6:18 AM
I'd try talking to the maker of this hack
Brad.loo i wouldnt mine upgrading but there is 1 problem.... there is about 47 or even more hacks installed and i dont feel like waiting forever for people to develope the ones i have....

Maybe after every single hack that i have on my 6.05 is made agian i will upgrade... but as is I would be downgrading....lol

I will do that drake.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/27/2002 12:25 PM
Well then you'll just have to put up without this hack. tipsy
Posted By: Roger Chiu Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/27/2002 12:30 PM
I will check for that if I got back my 6.05 from my backup disc. smile
Posted By: Drake Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 06/27/2002 5:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
Well then you'll just have to put up without this hack. tipsy

:rolleyes:

quote:
Originally posted by Roger Chiu :
I will check for that if I got back my 6.05 from my backup disc. smile [/qb]

Kewl If you can do it I'd like it too smile
Posted By: Roger Chiu Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 07/09/2002 12:55 PM
I had already send a modify version to Dark with my new RPG system (not port to 6.05 yet).

I am waiting for Dark testing result.

quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
Kewl If you can do it I'd like it too smile

Posted By: Fuzion Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 07/09/2002 8:06 PM
wow, the things you guys come up with amazes me.. Maybe a gambaling system to spend money on? =D Also it would be nice if the link to the hack worked. thumbsup
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 07/10/2002 3:55 AM
The link isn't working for me anymore. oO
Posted By: RandyM Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 07/10/2002 4:43 AM
This appears to have resolved itself.
Posted By: Roger Chiu Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 07/10/2002 11:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fuzion:
wow, the things you guys come up with amazes me.. Maybe a gambaling system to spend money on? =D Also it would be nice if the link to the hack worked. thumbsup

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
The link isn't working for me anymore. oO

Sorry, because I had changed the location and forgot to update the link. Now it works.

The gambaling system and item shop will be release soon. Those will use the same field of UBB Money System and UBB RPG System.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 07/10/2002 1:40 PM
Could you make it that you get coins when mods/admins give them to you? Don't like the idea of it going up by posts.
Posted By: Fuzion Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 07/11/2002 12:20 AM
By posts would be the more logical and easier way of doing it. If you think about it admins tend to get lazy sometimes like myself and they do not want to grant every single person coins.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 07/11/2002 4:04 AM
If they are lazy, users get no coins. Simple. tipsy
Posted By: M_30-john Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 07/17/2002 9:45 AM
Sounds nice. Is it posible to disable the system for some categories? Lets say only enable the adding of money when you post a new topic in the "adventure" catagory and not when you are located in the "tutorial" catagory.
would be nice laugh
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 08/27/2002 12:44 AM
I cant get this to work for 6211. I cant CD Mod add on to work, so how would I get this to work in 6211 w/mod wordlets? a detailed way, b/c I am semi new the this stuff wink

~Speedy~
Posted By: Roger Chiu Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 08/27/2002 4:45 AM
Sorry... I changed to use phpBB now... And will not update it again.
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 08/27/2002 4:46 AM
frown Can anyone tell me how to get this to work on a 6211 frown LK? Allen? Anyone :-( PLEASE!!

~Speedy~
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 08/27/2002 5:08 AM
Does anyone have the link to this, the other one is gone frown

~Speedy~
Posted By: CrAzY JaY Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 08/28/2002 9:41 AM
when i try to click the .TXT to see the hack, it dont show up. you have a broken link dude
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 08/28/2002 9:54 AM
He probably deleted it since he won't update it anymore.

But I think he should have still left it there for other users to still use and somebody else can port it for him.

smirk
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 08/28/2002 6:53 PM
I got the hack laugh

http://speedyspike.netfirms.com/Money%20Hack.doc

but it doesnt do what he said, he siad it wouild work for 6.2 so if you know how to get it to work please reply here, I cant find the first thing it asks for :

##################################
# Open ubb_profile.cgi (cgi-bin) #
##################################

########
# Find #
########

$user_profile[19] = &CensorCheck($in{customfield4});

So I didnt contiune on, can anyone PLEASE port this to 6.2.1.1 I realy realy realy need this hack. Thank You!

~Speedy~
Posted By: Roger Chiu Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 08/30/2002 4:22 AM
This part is search for the customer field. YOu can search it yourself.
Posted By: *Speedy* Re: [ UBB 6.3 ] [beta] UBB Money System - 08/30/2002 5:31 AM
I am confused I dont understaind :- (Sorry) what do you mean :- . . .

~Speedy~
© UBB.Developers